Important Survey - Please Participate ×

You will heal too!

[ce...]

Cedar

You are an inspiration.  I have been reading your blog to find hope that this horror will end.  Will it get better as I get lower in dose?  Since I have had these wd symptoms for well over a year I am starting to worry that they will me er go away.  This is crazy thinking I hope.

Golden

For me it got much worse regarding wd symptoms near the end of my taper. But, things began to greatly improve once I got off of them.  You know the saying "it's darkest before the dawn"?  That was the case for me.  I feel extremely fortunate to have been set free from these nasty life destroying drugs.  Finally got out of that revolving door of psych drugs. I'll honestly never take another psych drug as long as I live. Too poisoned for too many years. 

Everyone heals. Stick to your goal to become benzo free and you will absolutely get better.  It takes time yes, but we do recover.  It's hard to accept this though when you're feeling so ill.  I think it's really natural to think we're somehow permanently damaged, but that simply isn't true.

One day at a time Golden!    ;)

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

hi cedar , ihave bad anxiety mixed with fear now omg i hate that

Hoda, that is the worst!  :'(  Man, I hope you can get some rest and slow your mind down from the fears.  It's not an easy task.  What do you do about fear and anxiety?  Some people pray or meditate. That can help a lot.

cedartree, i hate that ihad bad day all the day and now its getting worse with this anxiety and the fear man its not good

I know. Just remember that it's not forever.  One day the good days will far outnumber the bad days.  It's just really tough right now.  Even when you feel bad your body is still healing.  Try to baby yourself, meaning take extra good care of yourself everday.  Do something nice for you.  Eat some icecream, go for a walk, watch a funny movie, etc. 

I'm so sorry it's bad right now.  :'(

thx cedar ,iam really glad ur here right now, thats really help specially in this situation

You are awesome Hoda. I know you can do this.  It sure sucks when everyday is miserable though.  I remember all too well.  :-X

Hi Cedar :smitten:

Just wanted to visit your success story and couldn't stop reading all the different posts on here.

As you know I am suffering and have been for a long time now.

Well...... since the detox and tapering lying in bed with pain and symptoms just as you describe in your story,

It is too early to see signs of improvement I know but I needed some hope that in time I will be able to function a little

and that I will recover. Even standing or sitting up will be wonderful.

I have forgotten what it is like to be free of pain.

Thank you so much for giving so much help and encouragement.

It is wonderful to read a positive story.

(((hugs)))

Love from Liberty

Hey there Cedar!  The wind is still blowing gently through the cedar trees! whoooooooooooooo...., woooooooo., whooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhoohoh....

Hi Cedar :smitten:

Just wanted to visit your success story and couldn't stop reading all the different posts on here.

As you know I am suffering and have been for a long time now.

Well...... since the detox and tapering lying in bed with pain and symptoms just as you describe in your story,

It is too early to see signs of improvement I know but I needed some hope that in time I will be able to function a little

and that I will recover. Even standing or sitting up will be wonderful.

I have forgotten what it is like to be free of pain.

Thank you so much for giving so much help and encouragement.

It is wonderful to read a positive story.

(((hugs)))

Love from Liberty

Lib, I know you are enduring a lot.  You are a survivor and a true overcomer!  It's not going to be like this forever.  When you come out of this wd, the world will look different.  Just wait, you'll see what I mean.  ;)

Hey there Cedar!  The wind is still blowing gently through the cedar trees! whoooooooooooooo...., woooooooo., whooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhoohoh....

Zone my man!  ;)

"Wind" in Hebrew translates as Spirit or Breath vice versa.  So God's "Wind", "Spirit", "Breath" is blowing through the Cedar Trees!  That's why I posted that.  ;)

"Wind" in Hebrew translates as Spirit or Breath vice versa.  So God's "Wind", "Spirit", "Breath" is blowing through the Cedar Trees!  That's why I posted that.  ;)

LOVE THIS!  Thank you Zone!  :smitten:

Hi Cedartree,

Did you have bladder/pelvic pain during your w/d? I have this now and it is haunting me a bit!! thank you!  :->

That sounds miserable.  I can't remember.  Just had pain everywhere!  :D

Hope it goes away soon!!!

lol.  He is picking the other guy's nose!  i didn't realize that.  I thought they were just hugging.  Anyway, I hope all is well with you and I just wanted to let you know that all is well with me and you are in my prayers.  Please do the same for me, if you don't mind.  :) 

:mybuddy:

Did that guy just pick the other guys nose?    ???

Hi Cedartree

I saw in your list of symptoms headaches, hallucinationa, and agoraphobia.  I get terrible head pressure sometimes to the point do derealization when I am in unfamiliar places and have to interact with people at work.  I think this uncertainty is one source of my fear of going out and agoraphobia.

Did you experience anything like this?  Does this get better as we get lower?  Is there anything I can do to help it get better.  This is one of my worst and longest lasting wd symptoms along with stomach and GI issues.

I appreciate any insight or thoughts/ experiences you can share.

Thanks

Bonnie

thank you so much for writing your story; I now have a little bit more strength to push through into tomorrow!

Sundowner thank you. I hope you have some relief from all of this soon.  No one should have to suffer wd.  ;)

lol.  He is picking the other guy's nose!  i didn't realize that.  I thought they were just hugging.  Anyway, I hope all is well with you and I just wanted to let you know that all is well with me and you are in my prayers.  Please do the same for me, if you don't mind.  :) 

:mybuddy:

Did that guy just pick the other guys nose?    ???

LOL, so funny.  Thanks for the hugs!

Yes, you're in my prayers Zone.    :smitten:

Hi Cedartree

I saw in your list of symptoms headaches, hallucinationa, and agoraphobia.  I get terrible head pressure sometimes to the point do derealization when I am in unfamiliar places and have to interact with people at work.  I think this uncertainty is one source of my fear of going out and agoraphobia.

Did you experience anything like this?  Does this get better as we get lower?  Is there anything I can do to help it get better.  This is one of my worst and longest lasting wd symptoms along with stomach and GI issues.

I appreciate any insight or thoughts/ experiences you can share.

Thanks

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie. I wasn't even able to work in wd.  But, I would assume that stress at work and fear, anxiety, etc would cause symptoms to increase.  Whenever I had extra stress on top of wd I always felt much much worse. The idea is to keep loads of stress at bay. You can't elliminate all stress, but you can try to minimize it.  The agoraphobia went away for me completely after I stopped taking benzo's.  I know the drug had much to do with this issue. 

Everyone is different, but for me it got worse before it got better.  The lower I got the more difficult it became, but this is not the case for everyone. I've read of some people who do well on their lowest doses.

There are many things you can do to help get better.  Eat healthy whole foods, stay on a routine sleep schedule (practice good sleep hygeine), exercise a little everyday (even going for a walk outside), stay positive, read out loud positive affirmations, pray, meditate, practice deep breathing, listen to peaceful music, watch funny movies to distract from pain, stay away from negative people, etc. There is so much we can do to help ourselves without taking a pill.  Different things work for different people. You'll find out what helps you the most in wd. 

One day at a time and you'll be free from this.  :)

Hugs,

Cedar

Hi buddies,

I'm not going to be on the forum much anymore. Just really busy with many new ventures now that I'm healthy.  Moving forward is a good thing and it's such a relief that I can finally put wd behind me. It was a part of my life and I'm extremely grateful to have made it through.

Wishing you all happiness, prosperity, health and wholeness!  It will happen.  :smitten:

Much love to you all,

Cedartree

Hi buddies,

I'm not going to be on the forum much anymore. Just really busy with many new ventures now that I'm healthy.  Moving forward is a good thing and it's such a relief that I can finally put wd behind me. It was a part of my life and I'm extremely grateful to have made it through.

Wishing you all happiness, prosperity, health and wholeness!  It will happen.  :smitten:

Much love to you all,

Cedartree

All the best to you!  Live with much happiness, joy and health!