Important Survey - Please Participate ×

You will heal too!

[ce...]

Hi Jackie

Yes I am MT.  I tried the 1 mg cuts and hold 10 days and it was so much harder for me.  I had terrible pain and dp/dr.  Although it is still hard it isn't as hard.  I disolve a 5 mg pill in milk and cut .1 mg each day.  It has been more manageable for me.  Some good days some bad days.  Today I am at 14.9 mg and there is something so uplifting about reducing.  Hang in there.

Golden

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackie, I'm so glad that Golden is helping you out. I was mistaken about Oscar. He is tapering Librium.

I only went to the doctor for refills too so that I could continue my taper, then I was outta there.  ;)

Hugs,

Cedar

Thanks Cedar and Golden, I'm researching this MT out. But still very confused on the math and the syringes. Not sure i would do it until later . I would really have to understand this. And really worried about doc. Thanks so much Love Jackie

Hi Jackie

If you are interested in micro taper you can contact Jana at Benzodetoxrecovery.com.  When I presented the switch to Microtaper to my doctor he commented that he thought it would be easier and smoother.  You cut the same amount but just make a tiny cut each day rather than a bigger cut every 10 to 14 days.

Best of luck.

Golden

Dear Golden, have you been reading the Valium blog? Danni and Joe have been so gracious and kind to me. They also know their stuff. But I'm so mixed up on the syringe that i can barely see and i know doc will not let me go that slow. I'm feeling a bit of a mess right now. My head is very confused from this. Its not Danni and Joe's fault. They did great. I'm just having difficulty about the liquid and reading my dose out. I'm losing 3 mg every 33 days now. I no eventually that will have to go down. So i don't know what to do about it. I might have to cut and suffer and just deal with it. I know it will work out. I really do. I just got frustrated. I tried to contact Jana once before and couldn't. How do you taper? Love Jackie      PS thankyou for caring so much

Cedar, thanks for the feedback....I'm hoping it goes earlier for me, it just sucks!!!  :o  I started PT last week to see if it will help out, so far no big difference.  But hey, I'll try anything!!

Cedar, thanks for the feedback....I'm hoping it goes earlier for me, it just sucks!!!  :o  I started PT last week to see if it will help out, so far no big difference.  But hey, I'll try anything!!

Hi Hoosierfans. What is PT?

Physical therapy.  Maybe it will help, maybe not....but even getting me out of the house and in the company of caregivers who are working for my health is a little boosting!!!  They are also working on my muscle aches and pains, and any relief from that is relief, period!

This dizziness can exit stage left, any time...... :'(

LOL about the dizziness.  I felt the same way. Fortunately it did leave or I still wouldn't be driving.    :D

Yeah, physical therapy sounds great!  Hope it goes well for you!  :-*

Hi Cedar:

I have been doing good lately until yesterday.  Have been having trouble sleeping due to watching my parents' dog (cries at night) and am now having some pretty good anxiety and dizziness (due to anxiety) along with the insomnia.  That along with I had 2 decaf starbucks lattes over the course of the weekend, which I am sure didn't help thing either.

It scares me to feel so unsettled again.  It worries me about returning to work because I know there will be stress/anxiety in normal amounts to deal with and I wonder if I will be overly sensitive, start feeling dizzy and weird and not do well.  When I feel this way both driving and standing are challenging.  I want to "rock" my job once I get there.  I want to feel like ME!  The me that gets things done and feels confident.  Whenever the anxiety and dizziness creep back in I feel so fragile and fearful.

Will this really just go away in time.  I believe it when things are going along good (and good means improving but not perfect).  But, when I take a big step backwards like this I start to wonder if this is how things are for me now.  I feel like such a loser.  I am scared and doubt my abilities.  This is not me or at least it didn't used to be.

I could really use some support and reassurance today.

Thanks,

Annie

ceder,ihave njasty anexity now and feel so tired like icant open my eyes feel like want sleep and dizzy ,thats happen after ihad drink of energy drink rock star ifeel so warm now and anexity and tired whats that?

Hi Cedar:

I have been doing good lately until yesterday.  Have been having trouble sleeping due to watching my parents' dog (cries at night) and am now having some pretty good anxiety and dizziness (due to anxiety) along with the insomnia.  That along with I had 2 decaf starbucks lattes over the course of the weekend, which I am sure didn't help thing either.

It scares me to feel so unsettled again.  It worries me about returning to work because I know there will be stress/anxiety in normal amounts to deal with and I wonder if I will be overly sensitive, start feeling dizzy and weird and not do well.  When I feel this way both driving and standing are challenging.  I want to "rock" my job once I get there.  I want to feel like ME!  The me that gets things done and feels confident.  Whenever the anxiety and dizziness creep back in I feel so fragile and fearful.

Will this really just go away in time.  I believe it when things are going along good (and good means improving but not perfect).  But, when I take a big step backwards like this I start to wonder if this is how things are for me now.  I feel like such a loser.  I am scared and doubt my abilities.  This is not me or at least it didn't used to be.

I could really use some support and reassurance today.

Thanks,

Annie

Annie!  Oh man, I'm so sorry.  This is one sucky rollercoaster.  Please trust me when I say that at a year off you're going to be amazed.  You can hold me to it.  I'm certain things will be a lot better by then.  This is so so normal.  You think you're doing great, then whamo.  Then you doubt yourself, yada yada.  It's going to end and you will rock your job when it's time.  I have to go to bed soon, but I'll check back with you again tomorrow.  Hugs to you sweetie!

Cedar

ceder,ihave njasty anexity now and feel so tired like icant open my eyes feel like want sleep and dizzy ,thats happen after ihad drink of energy drink rock star ifeel so warm now and anexity and tired whats that?

Oh buddy, that's terrible. The energy drink probably had chemicals in it that caused some rebound symptoms.  You'll recover from it, but it may take a few days.  Try to rest and take it easy.  So sorry that happened.    :-\

Hey Cedar....have you heard of protracted withdrawal?  Someone mentioned it on another Post and they said it can come on more than 18 months out....it this true?  I am suffering horribly and have been through years of tolerance, then actual withdrawal and now I worry about the protracted stuff?  Should I prepare for the long haul?

My tinnitus, insomnia, anxiety, depression, gut and ocd are at a peak and I sm freaking out.

BB.

Hey Cedar....have you heard of protracted withdrawal?  Someone mentioned it on another Post and they said it can come on more than 18 months out....it this true?  I am suffering horribly and have been through years of tolerance, then actual withdrawal and now I worry about the protracted stuff?  Should I prepare for the long haul?

My tinnitus, insomnia, anxiety, depression, gut and ocd are at a peak and I sm freaking out.

BB.

Good grief, no.  Do not prepare for the long haul.  You've only been off for 5 months, so it's not useful to think that way. Most people are feeling really good at a year off. I was totally healed by then and had been on  various benzo's for about 20 years. 

Everyone has a different definition of "protracted wd". There is no time limit designated for protracted wd.  I would say that protracted wd is any wd that lasts for any length of time. At this point I'd say you're in protracted wd. This is something people like to debate a lot. 

I don't know where in the world anyone got the 18 month marker for labeling wd protracted.

Just know that your body #1 will heal and that it takes time.  Focus on healing and not on being "18 months" and still suffering. That's just silly in my opinion.    ;)

Thx Cedar....i will try to take your advise...I am in areally negative place right now and I hate it....some family members have let me down big time and I was relying on them to be supportive....time to move on....

Hugs,

BB.

Cedartree, thanks for sticking around and helping all of us. It means alot to me. Sometimes it's one of your posts that give me the extra push I need for that day. Will this w/d stick around and haunt us in some form of PTSD or is it over when it's over and you just forget about the scary stuff? I really worry about that because it's still so fresh in my mind? Thank you :)

Cedartree:

Thanks as always for caring and supporting me.  I too know it will get better.  I just get scared when it gets bad again.  Today is a bit better symptom-wise and thanks to my kind bb friends I am feeling much stronger.  I have to believe that at a year I will be in a great place.  I will take your word for it.  Thanks!

Hoda:

Hang in there buddy.  I think we have both been off similar amounts of time.  Be careful what you put into your body as it is a bit fragile right now.  I have made some food choices that didn't work out so well for me either (coffee).  I get rebellious and tired of this thing after so many months and sometimes just say to heck with it.  I always pay a price.  Live and learn.  We are going to make it to the other side of this thing Hoda.  You are a strong person.  What it takes to leave what you know and come to a new country and then to have to endure something like this . . .  not many could do it Hoda, but you keep going and keep reaching out.  You will make it and be richer in many ways for the experience.  I just know it.

Hello Cedar -

I have been on BB for a few months now.  I have been going through and reading the success stories.  Your story is inspiring, and somedays reading a success story gives me that hope that I need to keep at this.  I am doing a 5% taper off of Lunesta, and it has felt like forever.  It is definitely the most challenging thing I've ever done, and many times I have wondered if I will ever heal.  I've also wondered if I will even recognize "normal" again when it comes.  I have to believe that I will.  I do admire the people that heal and stick around here to help others.  I definitely appreciate it, as I'm sure everyone else does.  Thanks for your time, and I hope you don't mind me popping in here now and then. 

Have a good one,

Redeemed

BB.

hi cedar i sent you a few PM.sorry just wondering if you recieved them.

alan

Good grief, no.  Do not prepare for the long haul.  You've only been off for 5 months, so it's not useful to think that way. Most people are feeling really good at a year off. I was totally healed by then and had been on  various benzo's for about 20 years. 

Everyone has a different definition of "protracted wd". There is no time limit designated for protracted wd.  I would say that protracted wd is any wd that lasts for any length of time. At this point I'd say you're in protracted wd. This is something people like to debate a lot. 

I don't know where in the world anyone got the 18 month marker for labeling wd protracted.

Just know that your body #1 will heal and that it takes time.  Focus on healing and not on being "18 months" and still suffering. That's just silly in my opinion.    ;)

Thx Cedar....i will try to take your advise...I am in areally negative place right now and I hate it....some family members have let me down big time and I was relying on them to be supportive....time to move on....

Hugs,

BB.

BB, it's so hard to be positive when you're doing this alone.  I get it. One day at a time is sometimes all you can do.  Hugs from me to you.  Cedar

Cedartree, thanks for sticking around and helping all of us. It means alot to me. Sometimes it's one of your posts that give me the extra push I need for that day. Will this w/d stick around and haunt us in some form of PTSD or is it over when it's over and you just forget about the scary stuff? I really worry about that because it's still so fresh in my mind? Thank you :)

I know I don't have PTSD from wd.  I think that as you heal you really do forget what you went through. The aftermath of what people lose in wd is what really haunts until we're able to rebuild our lives.  At least that was the case for me.

:)