Important Survey - Please Participate ×

You will heal too!

[ce...]

Hi Notforme!  Great name. Yep, it's "not for me" either.  ;)

I see you're tapering Xanax. It seems you're tapering a little fast, but hope it goes well for you.  I'm glad my story helped give you hope.  You will be well again.

Hugs,

Cedar

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Its to fast. I'm really struggling. I'm going to taper slower. I believe my

Body just wants it slower so I can heal. Right now its a roller coaster.

Txs, ceder

Notforme :angel:

Txs, ceder

Ah Notforme. Slow wins the race with benzo's. Take care of yourself.

Lots of love,

Cedar

Txs, ceder

Ah Notforme. Slow wins the race with benzo's. Take care of yourself.

Lots of love,

Cedar

hi cedar i sent you a pm the other day did you get it

alan sos

hey lovely how r u going.

i miss your sunny self I hope life is treating you wonderfully.  I had the worst wave EVER since this freak show started omg ok i know it will end but just when i think ive got it worked out bam i get slammed all over again . .............

anyways just wanting to send you some love.

xoxoxox

Ceder,

I am so Happy for you. I will write mine, one day soon.

Thanks and hugs, :angel:

Love, notforme

Looking forward to it!  One day at a time.  :)

hi cedar, iam ok  this days normal look like getting 1week wave and 3 or 4 normal that's what i feel but other than that just stress from business

Oh yeah, business can cause stress for sure. Rest easy, take care of yourself. Sorry to hear you're having a wave.  Sill, I believe you are getting much better all the time Hodas.

;)

hey lovely how r u going.

i miss your sunny self I hope life is treating you wonderfully.  I had the worst wave EVER since this freak show started omg ok i know it will end but just when i think ive got it worked out bam i get slammed all over again . .............

anyways just wanting to send you some love.

xoxoxox

Hey Lizzy! Oh no, sorry to hear it got worse again for a bit there. It happens.  For the most part you've sounded amazing though!  Thanks for the sweet message you lovely lady! 

Take care of you! 

Hugs,

Cedar

hii cedartree, my ear always closing and pope since i stopped the benzo is that one of the symptom's?

I never had that, but I've heard of others having this issue.  It should pass too.    ;)

You are such an inspiration.  You made it through the fire and didn't burn.  I assume you are a better person now than before you even started the meds.  That is the greatest hope that we all have and share here.  You continue to be a part of the benzobuddies community even after your w/d.  Thank you for being such an inspiration and hope.  :)  ;)  :thumbsup:

You are such an inspiration.  You made it through the fire and didn't burn.  I assume you are a better person now than before you even started the meds.  That is the greatest hope that we all have and share here.  You continue to be a part of the benzobuddies community even after your w/d.  Thank you for being such an inspiration and hope.  :)  ;)  :thumbsup:

Thanks for this Skyzone. Yes, wd is definitely going through the fire that's for sure. I'm very blessed to have survived it.  I honestly believe that if I could make it, then anyone can. 

Again, thanks for dropping by!  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Cedartree, I've spoke with you before. I wanted to ask you what you thought of my taper. Do you think I'm cutting to fast? I started at 40 mg Valium i cut 2 mg every 10 days down to 30 mg. I was aching all over so i knew that was to much. I held 16 days then cut 1 mg every 12 Th day. I did hold my cut for 12 full days once and cut the 13Th day. But i then went back to 1 mg cuts holding 11 full days and cutting again on day 12. What do you think? How ofton did you cut? Thanks for being here. Hugs Jackie

Hi Jackie. I never took Valium, so I couldn't say with certainty, but it sounds like a decent plan to me.  All I'd say is if it feels like too much then go slower.  It's really about finding a good balance that works well for you.  Sometimes however we do need to keep on tapering even if we don't feel well, otherwise we'd end up staying on benzo's forever.  Oscar is a member here who is tapering Valium and he'd be a really good one to talk to about this.  I honestly wish I'd been able to taper Valium, but I tapered Ativan and Ambien.

Anyway, every 10-14 days is a safe timeframe to make cuts.

Wishing you all the best!

Cedar

Thankyou Cedartree, your a wonderful person! Love Jackie

You too Jackie!  I hope you can find someone to help confirm your taper plan for you.  :smitten:

Cedar, just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all the support you give all of us that are in the thick of it and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel!  It surely helps on my worst days....

A question for you; I know you had dizziness pretty bad (the "on a boat" dizzy feeling) and I do as well....when did it seem to go away for you?  Two months out and it is still my constant companion, and pretty depressing because it limits a lot of what I can do. 

Just curious.  Thanks, as always.    :smitten:

Yeah, dizziness is so miserable. It was one of the last symptoms of mine to finally go.  It was pretty much gone by 9-10 months off.  I'm so sorry you're suffering from this too.  It really does limit a lot.  Hang on to those walls and rails until the dizziness ends. 

I actually knew someone who got a cane to lean on while the dizziness was really bad. 

Hope this gets better quickly!  :)

Jackie

I saw your post and it looks like you are also tapering Valium.  I have been trying to taper 1 mg every 10 days.  I have been able to do this down to 15 mg but I am dealing with a lot of head pressure, GI issues and agoraphobia and am thinking I need to slow down.  I think I will be slowing down to 2 mg every 15 days soon.  I was hoping to get a little lower before I slowed down but I need to work.

I also switched to a daily taper using milk and that has been more manageable.  You are not alone.

We have to beat this.

Golden

Dear Golden, Yes we will beat the beast. Im trying to deal with the 1 mg cuts every 11 days. Ill see how i do when i get to 20 mg. But like you want to keep going at 1 mg as long as i can. I mught have to hold for 14 days but ive done that before and notice no difference. I see you are MT. But you are still having trouble? I dont know a thing about it. Do you feel its better? I know you are probably at work. I had to quit work. So thats ok it does relieve that stress. I really only go to the Doctor for pill fills. Thats it. And really fine by me for now. Lets talk later when you get home. Love Jackie