Important Survey - Please Participate ×

You will heal too!

[ce...]

Thanks Cedar

Just wondering if you ever held during the process and what, if any benefit you got from it?

I hope you have a very happy new year, and feel great,

Golden

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cedar

Thank you so much for everything!

Thank you so much for all your help and encouragement I really appreciate it!!!

wishing  you a very Happy and Healthy New Year.

Love from Lib  :smitten:

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/margarita1959/mini-graphics-christmas-027214_zpsd8ab6a89.gifHAPPY NEW YEAR CEDARhttp://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/margarita1959/mini-graphics-christmas-027214_zpsd8ab6a89.gif   

Thanks Cedar

Just wondering if you ever held during the process and what, if any benefit you got from it?

Golden

Nope, I'm one of the ones who never held, but just kept going because I was in tolerance wd and knew that the only way out of this was to press forward no matter how bad things got. 

I really hope you are okay Golden! 

Much love,

Cedar

Thanks Cedar

Golden

Nope, I'm one of the ones who never held, but just kept going because I was in tolerance wd and knew that the only way out of this was to press forward no matter how bad things got. 

I really hope you are okay Golden! 

Much love,

Cedar

Thanks Cedar.  Surprisingly I am still trying to find my way.  I have not held more than a day.  I too started in pretty bad tolerance withdrawal.  Wd symptoms seem to come and go and change.  They get bad and then subside quite a bit.  I continue to work so that is something.  I may reduce my cut for a few days and see if that nelps.

I think you said you stabilized within 2 months of being done.  Is that correct?

Thanks for sharing,

Golden

I didn't really stabilize, but noticed significant improvements over having been bedridden and unable to care for myself. So in that way, you could say I became more stable.  But again, I was never stable while taking benzo's. It always kept me in a fog, then turned on me and made me horribly aware of pain indescribable. 

It's great that you're working. Good distraction.  :thumbsup:

Hey Cedar.....just read your succes story...possibly again not sure cuz i have horrible memory probs...it appears you went through wut i did almost to a tee.

I am now off the Klonopin since May of 2012....was in tolerance for over 2 1/2 yrs. prior.

One question, with all the sx you had....did you have tinnitus with the hypersensitve hearing?  Are there any lingering sx and have u found any doctor who truly gets it?

I am still severly struggling with all my sx....esp. the tinnitus, insomnia, gut probs and brain fog.  Just worried I have completely ruined my life or shud I say the doctors have done that....cuz not one of my many docs ever said to me that taking Klonopin nightly, along with a mixed drink or two for over 8 yrs. cud do this to me.....not one!! 

How do I deal with this emotionally....the anger, the fears and the at times the despair?

BB.

thank you , Cedar, for sharing your success story. I'm half way through xanax withdrawal, and it's been the worst year of my life. (2012). I never was helped by the xanax and had interdose withdrawal from the beginning since I refused to increase the dosage when the doctors wanted me to. My biggest symptom now is tightening in my stomach and dry heaves, also agitation or maybe it's akathisia. I'm just not who I was before meds and I'm so depressed about it. I have agoraphobia now too. And I avoid my beautiful grandchildren and the guilt about that is killing me. I'm relieved to see that you didn't wait to stabilize when tapering. I never know what to do because I never actually get to the point of feeling ok. I held during the holidays for over 30 days at the doctor's request but I think it just made things worse.

Again,, thank you for caring.

Stevie :-*

Hey Cedar.....just read your succes story...possibly again not sure cuz i have horrible memory probs...it appears you went through wut i did almost to a tee.

I am now off the Klonopin since May of 2012....was in tolerance for over 2 1/2 yrs. prior.

One question, with all the sx you had....did you have tinnitus with the hypersensitve hearing?  Are there any lingering sx and have u found any doctor who truly gets it?

I am still severly struggling with all my sx....esp. the tinnitus, insomnia, gut probs and brain fog.  Just worried I have completely ruined my life or shud I say the doctors have done that....cuz not one of my many docs ever said to me that taking Klonopin nightly, along with a mixed drink or two for over 8 yrs. cud do this to me.....not one!! 

How do I deal with this emotionally....the anger, the fears and the at times the despair?

BB.

Hi BB, yes of course I remember you.  So sorry you're still suffering so much.  :'(  I had hypersensitive hearing, but not much for tinnitus. It happened a few times, but never stuck.

If you're having gut problems, have you been checked for food allergies, gluten intolerance, etc? I had GI issues for years and didn't know it was gluten related. It also caused cog fog for me too.  Just a thought. But it also could still be wd as well.

It's hard to deal with the anger, etc. I was also very angry and found it helped me to forgive all my doctors who had wronged me. I don't go to doctors anymore, that's not to say if I was really sick I would go. But, I never had a doctor who truly understood wd, so I just had to keep pressing on without them.  The medical community totally failed me in every way related to wd and medications. Sometimes we're our own best advocates.  :)

Cedar

thank you , Cedar, for sharing your success story. I'm half way through xanax withdrawal, and it's been the worst year of my life. (2012). I never was helped by the xanax and had interdose withdrawal from the beginning since I refused to increase the dosage when the doctors wanted me to. My biggest symptom now is tightening in my stomach and dry heaves, also agitation or maybe it's akathisia. I'm just not who I was before meds and I'm so depressed about it. I have agoraphobia now too. And I avoid my beautiful grandchildren and the guilt about that is killing me. I'm relieved to see that you didn't wait to stabilize when tapering. I never know what to do because I never actually get to the point of feeling ok. I held during the holidays for over 30 days at the doctor's request but I think it just made things worse.

Again,, thank you for caring.

Stevie :-*

Hi Stevie. As you probably know the only way out of this is through. I used to have horrible agoraphobia and wouldn't even open my blinds or step a foot out the front door. I was in the house for 6 months straight without ever going anywhere. I still cannot believe that was me once. I've come so far. It was hard work getting myself to step outside. I believe the benzo's cause this hideous symptom of agoraphobia in many people. It destroys our lives and stops us from really living. I had to wrestle with what I was really afraid of and in the end it didn't make any sense. It was just the drugs. Once I was off the benzo's everything began to get clear again, only slowly. 

You can recover, but it will take a lot of work to work through the fears and illness.  Don't beat yourself up because you're not the only one who's been wronged by the drugs.

Love to you,

Cedar

Cedar:

Your last post really resonated with me (figuring our what is fear and what is the illness).

Driving (busy intersections), busy stores and crowded public places still make me symptomatic (dizzy/boaty feeling).  It has improved over these months and on a few rare occasions it has been gone completely.  But, for the most part it hangs around in a less intense way than initially.  It bothers me and can impact me a great deal.  I still avoid long drives and the freeway because of this.  I am caught wondering what is residual fear and what is just recovery.  Should I just be patient and let TIME do its healing, or do I need to do something more proactive and deal with this as just a fear. 

You know my story.  You know I am trying to get out there and live my life the best I can.  What is your take on this?

Thanks!

Annie

Hi Cedar.  I am taking 1mg/day less every day, until I reach my regular 2mg/day.  Yesterday I took 5mg!!  omg!!  :-\  Today I took 4mg,.. tomorrow, 3, next day , 2, and I plan to stick to 2mg to stabilize for 2 weeks before I start titrating again..  I hope this sounds like a good move.?  :-\

Hi Cedar.  I am taking 1mg/day less every day, until I reach my regular 2mg/day.  Yesterday I took 5mg!!  omg!!  :-\  Today I took 4mg,.. tomorrow, 3, next day , 2, and I plan to stick to 2mg to stabilize for 2 weeks before I start titrating again..  I hope this sounds like a good move.?  :-\

I'd just go back to your regular taper rather than take 4 mg's tomorrow and so on. Just go back to 1 mg a day if that is what you were at.  Everyone takes a step backwards at some point or another, but you really could just resume your original taper.  If you feel 1 mg was too low, how about 1.5 mg's for a couple weeks, then  resume?  Just a thought. 

Cedar:

Your last post really resonated with me (figuring our what is fear and what is the illness).

Driving (busy intersections), busy stores and crowded public places still make me symptomatic (dizzy/boaty feeling).  It has improved over these months and on a few rare occasions it has been gone completely.  But, for the most part it hangs around in a less intense way than initially.  It bothers me and can impact me a great deal.  I still avoid long drives and the freeway because of this.  I am caught wondering what is residual fear and what is just recovery.  Should I just be patient and let TIME do its healing, or do I need to do something more proactive and deal with this as just a fear. 

You know my story.  You know I am trying to get out there and live my life the best I can.  What is your take on this?

Thanks!

Annie

Annie, fear itself can cause anxiety and appear as symptoms of wd when it's just fear.  Fear, stress, etc can cause all kinds of physiological problems.  Still, I would be gentle to yourself for awhile yet. 

Love ya TG!!!  :smitten:

Hi Cedar....thx so much for your reply.

I am trying so hard to move on and not be so angry about all of this but some days I just cant do it.  I am scheduled to see a GI doc next week, prob a colonoscopy (long overdue cuz I am over 50) and possibly and endoscopy to rule out Celiac.  Shud I have any other tests to rule out the Gluten Intolerance?

I have pretty much removed myself from Docs, too.  Just dont trust them.  Have to go to this one cuz I landed in the ER on New Years Day with severe gut pain....severe.

Anyway....have to run....another hot flash is pouring over me and I need to get a glass of water.

Peace.

BB.

Hi Cedar....thx so much for your reply.

I am trying so hard to move on and not be so angry about all of this but some days I just cant do it.  I am scheduled to see a GI doc next week, prob a colonoscopy (long overdue cuz I am over 50) and possibly and endoscopy to rule out Celiac.  Shud I have any other tests to rule out the Gluten Intolerance?

I have pretty much removed myself from Docs, too.  Just dont trust them.  Have to go to this one cuz I landed in the ER on New Years Day with severe gut pain....severe.

Anyway....have to run....another hot flash is pouring over me and I need to get a glass of water.

Peace.

BB.

Wow, so sorry to hear you wound up in the ER on New Years BB.  :'(

Just be sure to be eating gluten when they do an endoscopy/colo. Celiac doesn't show up unless you are eating gluten at the time.

Anyway, hope you get feeling better soon!

Much love,

Cedar

hey cedar; continue to get hope from your thread.  thanks for your service.  had a fearful week this week; a lot of crying for no reason.  u r right on regarding not letting the fear spin out of control.  i get traumatized and can really go strange - o.. 

i appreciate your continued hope.  phew

Hey Pan my friend. We've all been traumatized by this. You're not alone, okay?  Try to rest, then tackle the fears. Thanks btw for all of your nice comments. Much love to you!!!  :smitten: