Important Survey - Please Participate ×

You will heal too!

[ce...]

C-

Hope this finds you well.  Was doing great and then recently hit a wave and am struggling a bit.  I am a bit discouraged and soooo tired of feeling anxious and fearful.  Ready to be ME again.  I am 10 months off as of 12/10/12.

Hey there TG! So sorry to hear you hit a wave. I know it will pass, but it is discouraging I know.  As always, wishing you restored health Sooner than later!  :-*

Hugs,

Cedar

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedar:

I just want you to know, that your success story has given me such hope/help with my struggle getting off of

Xanax. I spent April through October 2012 in bed...Your voice gave me such hope, I thank you from the

bottom of my heart.

I am at 1 mg, from 3 mg. I had to hold, for I could not continue on as my sx just never let up. That being

said.... I might use a compounding pharmacy for the remaining taper. I am continuing on...

Merry Christmas...

Blessings and continued wellbeing be yours.

Notforme    :angel:

NFM, what a sweet thing to say. I'm so glad it's encouraged you.  I know how desperate I was to hear of others healing too. We need that encouargement when things are really bad.

The compounding pharmacy worked well for me and I hope it works for you too (if you decide to go that way).  All you can do is keep going like you're doing. Eventually the nightmare will end.

Hope you can rest and recover this holiday season.

Much love,

Cedar

Hi Cedar

Just wanted to thank you for all your kindness and encouragement.

I hope that you will be able to pm message me occasionally as I am not

able to come on a lot at the moment as things are really tough.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful Year ahead.

Thank You for all your kindness it means a lot!

Love from Lib  :smitten:

Hey Cedar.  Titration is working great for me.  I am starting to feel so much better.  I hope you are doing well.  Much Love!

-SZ-

I'm glad you're doing well so far. Keep up the great work! You've got this!    :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

Skyzone, Hoda, Liberty, Turtlegirl, Notforme, Woebegone, this next year is going to be better for us all!  :)

Cedar

It is so encouraging that you are 100% better.  You said you were bed ridden throughout your taper.  Was that all the way to the end or did it get better.  I am tapering and some days are ok and some are just awful.  It seems like I have slowed down a lot but I can still be pretty sick.  I just don't get it.  Is it just stress and worrying that causes this?  I still have so far to go.

Golden

Hi Golden. I got worse before I got better. The very end of my taper was the worst. But after my last dose I began to notice tiny improvements in the first week off. I was still bedridden after my last dose for several more months. It was actually almost 2 years that I was bedridden.

It's a long hard journey, but I've found such joy after having gone through this. It's hard to see now. My prayers are with you all who are still suffering and fighting on to get well.

All my love and prayers!

Cedar

Hey Cedar....just stopping by after not being on for a bit.

Not doing well at all....and I am 8 months out....sx are still horrible and seem worse....is this normal?

Tinnitus is ruing my ability to relax, sleep, concentrate....

The experience is unbelievable...it is a nightmare....sorry so down but I am sooo physically exhausted.

Happy Holidays to you Cedar...i will continue to check out your posts for encouragement.

BB.

Cedar

I have tried slowing my taper and evening up my doses but I still feel pretty bad.  I think I may hold for a day tomorrow.  Did you just proceed when you felt bad?  I am wondering if you had any strategy to feel better that worked.  I am tapering at .04 mg Valium per day which is not unreasonable.  I am unsure how to proceed.  For awhile the whole left side of my body hurt.  Now it is the right side.  I had hip surgery last January and broke my leg.  They wired it closed but it really hurts.

I just want to get off as quickly and safely as possible.

Thanks for your input.

Golden

Hey Cedar....just stopping by after not being on for a bit.

Not doing well at all....and I am 8 months out....sx are still horrible and seem worse....is this normal?

Tinnitus is ruing my ability to relax, sleep, concentrate....

The experience is unbelievable...it is a nightmare....sorry so down but I am sooo physically exhausted.

Happy Holidays to you Cedar...i will continue to check out your posts for encouragement.

BB.

I hope you start to feel better.  Sometimes withdraw can be a nightame.  Have you tried titration?  It has been working well for me,.. so far.

Cedar

I have tried slowing my taper and evening up my doses but I still feel pretty bad.  I think I may hold for a day tomorrow.  Did you just proceed when you felt bad?  I am wondering if you had any strategy to feel better that worked.  I am tapering at .04 mg Valium per day which is not unreasonable.  I am unsure how to proceed.  For awhile the whole left side of my body hurt.  Now it is the right side.  I had hip surgery last January and broke my leg.  They wired it closed but it really hurts.

I just want to get off as quickly and safely as possible.

Thanks for your input.

Golden

Hi Golden. Yes, I understand wanting to get off as soon as possible. I really do. I remember saying that everyday of my taper. 

But, I did taper even when I didn't feel well because I never felt well from being in tolerance wd. The number one thing that helped me with pain was distracting.  I tried everything, Tylenol, the works, but it didn't touch the pain. So I watched a lot of movies, kept myself thinking of anything but my own suffering which was not easy, but worked sometimes. Also, I practiced speaking out loud positive things to keep my spirits up. There was some time there I think I really did lose all hope, but I kept going for my family and loved ones.

I know you understand that the only way out of this is to keep going. Sometimes holding doesn't help at all and just prolongs the pain.  Only you will know if this is beneficial for you or not.

So sorry you're hurting. My prayers are with everyone here for the strength to keep going.

Much love,

Cedar

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/emilyangel1/325064619_982.jpg

Hi Cedar    :smitten:

Just wanted to wish you a very Happy Christmas and All Best Wishes for 2013.

Thank you so much for all your support, understanding and kindness!

Love from Lib  :smitten:

Thanks Lib, that's beautiful!  Happy Christmas to you too!  :smitten:

2013 is giong to be a good year for you benzo free!  Healing is coming!

Cedar 

Hi Cedar

I hope you and all the other buddies have a very happy Christmas.

Can I ask you where you started your taper and how long it took you?  Did you micro taper or use a different method?  I agree with you that I think I can expect to be sick until I am done.  I am moving forward but I am trying to determine if I need to make any adjustments in my method.  I am guessing I have about another nine months, ugh.

I am having a lot of pain in my leg where I broke it, and in two teeth that are implants.  Does this make any sense?

Have a very merry merry Christmas,

Golden

Hi Cedar

I hope you and all the other buddies have a very happy Christmas.

Can I ask you where you started your taper and how long it took you?  Did you micro taper or use a different method?  I agree with you that I think I can expect to be sick until I am done.  I am moving forward but I am trying to determine if I need to make any adjustments in my method.  I am guessing I have about another nine months, ugh.

I am having a lot of pain in my leg where I broke it, and in two teeth that are implants.  Does this make any sense?

Have a very merry merry Christmas,

Golden

Hi Golden. I don't know what a micro-taper is. I tapered as safely and quickly as I could.  I originally started at 4 mg's a day of Klonopin, was switched to Ativan and began to taper off of 4 mg's Ativan all the way down to my last dose at .0312 mg's Ativan.  It wasn't a smooth taper it was painful difficult and messy.  I dry cut my pills and then eventually used a compounding pharmacy for my smallest doses.  Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Cedar

Cedar

Thanks so much.  I keep trying to understand.  I have tried everything to make this better but it really doesn't seem to get better.  So I think I just have to keep going.  How can this be such hell.  Today I vas vibrating all over and my eye and leg where I broke it were so painful.  I have 9.5 mgs to go.  That means this will go on for another 9 months if I am lucky.  Even slowing down doesn't make the symptoms ease up so do I just speed up?

Thanks for your input.

Golden

Cedar

Thanks so much.  I keep trying to understand.  I have tried everything to make this better but it really doesn't seem to get better.  So I think I just have to keep going.  How can this be such hell.  Today I vas vibrating all over and my eye and leg where I broke it were so painful.  I have 9.5 mgs to go.  That means this will go on for another 9 months if I am lucky.  Even slowing down doesn't make the symptoms ease up so do I just speed up?

Thanks for your input.

Golden

I would personally keep going at the rate your going. The idea I feel is to be as easy on your nervous system as possible. Rushing a taper hurts the nervous system which causes more pain and symptoms. It's a fine line between getting off as safely and as quickly as possible. But, what I learned is there is no such thing as quick, when it comes to wd.  It takes time. All you can do is keep your eye on the prize and taper until you're off. Then, wait for your body to heal. Try to stay positive and be good to yourself.

Much love Golden,

Cedar