Tapering off Ativan Support Thread

[Ti...]

Hello to all

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that you got this.  This is temporary. Just keep on going you will get your life back.

I have been off for 10 months now. My life is back even better than before.  I appreciate it much more now and don't sweat the little stuff I used to.

I am flying, traveling, gardening, jogging, working out, watching dramas and even horror movies again. There was a time I could not even look at a TV or screen. I thought I would never be able to sit through a thriller again. (these were a favorite before). Your CNS will heal I promise.

The memory of the pain does fade. I honestly don't think of the experience much anymore. 

Yesterday I got a text from a friend I met going through this together and it reminded me. So many of us heal and never look back. I wanted to give some encouragement.  I do remember the minute by minute struggle and want you to know it will get better. It is a long heavy burdensome journey, but keep going, it is worth the struggle, I promise you.

Hugs. prayers and Love

JuJuBi

:smitten::hug:

Thank you JuJuBi!  I am so happy for you.  Today I am really struggling with anxiety I so needed to hear your encouragement.

:smitten:🙏🙏

Thank you Jujubi, I would love to be in your shoes right now and be over with this poison. I am going through so much right now in my personal life with my elderly parents going in and out of the hospital. I don't know anymore.

I read this forum almost every day wishing for a miracle or an easier way to finish with this.

I feel like my tapering method will leave me with the same amount of benzo at the end of this taper. It doesn't evenly distributed I feel and I have the impression I only remove the milk and not the lorazepam. I don't know what to do.

Posting here if this is helpful….

I have talked with Total Town pharmacist Justin and had a 20min convo. They work with many patients and have done compounds for Ativan, Klonopin, Librium, and Xanax. They haven’t done any for Valium thus far…

-they are PCAB accredited which is highest and most reputable you can get, only 2% are in the US.

-they also are PCCA which sources pure ingredients from manufacturers instead of crushing pills to make their formulations….. which can have variations regarding dose amounts given filler and binders are included in pill format. My compounder in Arlington Pharmacy Solutions is also the same, sources pure K powder and doesn’t crush the pills giving a more exact amount of the specific benzo dose needed.

-they can get as low as .005mg capsule increments for Ativan and Librium

-they can get as low as .001mg capsule increments for Klonopin and Xanax

Many with the Ativan, K and Xanax prescriptions will have Dr write out prescription filling it with .1mg capsules, .05mg capsules and .005 or .001mg capsules enabling the person to make the reductions they need as such to get say to the .005mg or the .001mg reduction.

Wanted to pass this along bc I know it’s a struggle finding people who understand and can get small reductions as many of us need and most Drs don’t even know compounding options are out there for psychotropic meds.

If you have a prescriber in NY….

Total Town Compounding - Justin ( pharmacist)

Syosset NY

516-249-7436

If you have a prescriber in TX

Pharmacy Solutions- Nick (pharmacist I use)

Arlington TX

817-274-0050

I'm down to .15 mg of Ativan, and something really strange happened very early this morning. I dreamed. I woke up needing to pee, but I did not want to leave this beautiful, vivid dream state. I haven't had a dream that I can remember for three years. It was beautiful. And a BIG change. I couldn't wait to go back to sleep. Interesting.

Eileen congratulations on being at .15 mg that is so awesome.  I don't know what it means about dreaming in wd.  I have had dreams ever since I started tapering I have read that it is a wd sxs, then I've read its a sign that you are healing.🤷

Anyway I am glad that you had a good dream.

🤗

Hi All,

My first post in this thread.  I have been on Ativan for 30 years, mostly at 2.0 mg daily. 

I am a tad below .50 now and having a bad week and several good weeks.  My fantasy is to have a benzo expert health provider, but it seems I am the one running the show and educating them.  The good part is that they are open minded.  The bad news is that i'm basically just winging it.

Imherenow, congratulations on being so low with your dose.  That's awesome you are having several good weeks!

Lol I think we all have that fantasy of having a benzo expert health provider.  You are fortunate your health provider is open minded.

Wishing all the best with your taper.

🤗

I messed up. Some of you probably noticed that. I dropped down too low. From .2 to .15. Having trouble in the lower doses. I just want to be off so badly! So I up-dosed to .175. This is a particularly cold and dark sort of hell. If anyone is willing, please pray for me. I'm in a bad way 🤢

I messed up. Some of you probably noticed that. I dropped down too low. From .2 to .15. Having trouble in the lower doses. I just want to be off so badly! So I up-dosed to .175. This is a particularly cold and dark sort of hell. If anyone is willing, please pray for me. I'm in a bad way 🤢

Prayers🙏🙏🙏

[20...]

Tall Girl:

Just hold for a while, several weeks or more and see how things go etc.

You’re in my thoughts.

Good luck,

Winnie

Diane, BW & Winnie, your kindness and warm wishes are like a soothing salve to me. Thank you. Today is better after the up-dose, and I slept almost 8 hours last night, which really helps. But, the worst part of this was the strange mind games that the drug plays. I was paranoid and terrified. Every little thing was magnified into a crisis in my mind. I have to be extremely careful from here on out. It helps to know I'm not alone. Peace and healing for us all. - Eileen

PLEASE HELP!

I am in complete and utter torment since my recent fluctuation in dose. The pins and needles and skin burning are beyond anything I have endured on this w/d journey. My entire body is super irritated. Every inch of me itches and stings.

Yesterday nite I took 200 mg of gabapentin, and that helped some. But, I am terrified of being addicted to something else. This morning I just took another 200 mg gabapentin - I've had trouble in the past weaning off, and I'm scared.

What should I do? Should I up-dose lorazepam, and try to stabilize? Should I take the gabapentin and just deal with another withdrawal? I've been taking DAO for months and it has helped, but now it seems to be making things worse

Advil seems to be making me worse.

I don't know what to do. Please help.

Eileen,

I am so very sorry you are suffering so much.  I wish I had some good info to give you but please know that I am praying for you and thinking about you.  This journey we are on is so hard.  We have to hang in there the best we can.  I hope you are feeling better.

🙏🙏🙏

I am stabilizing, and I believe that prayer has everything to do with that. I've been exercising as much as I can. So grateful that I'm able to do that..Trying to be thankful in all things. Appreciate your support, Diane. Saying prayers for you too, and for all of us trapped in this horrible nightmare.

Eileen I am so glad you are stabilizing!  Yes I believe we need all the prayers we can get.  I truly appreciate that you are praying for me too.

Hugs and prayers🤗🙏🙏

• 2 weeks later...
[20...]

Not always, but that’s 1 mg Valium equivalent, so I’d bring it lower if possible!

Most people jump at 0.05 Ativan. But everyone is different

Given you had an issue recently, I’d personally go as far as you can, no rush!

Good luck.

Winnie

Tall Girl

I hope you are feeling better!  I am new to this thread, but as I was reading through the many posts, yours caught my eye.  And even though you have had a recent set-back (which I was so sorry to read about), please know that your success reaching such a low dose gives me hope that I might get there someday.

As you can see from my profile, I am much further from reaching the end than you...oh, how I envy you!  But, I had some questions about your taper with Ripple.  Would you prefer that I send a private message, or should I just ask my questions on the thread?

Hoping to hear from you!

Ellie

Hi Ellie, sorry about the response delay. You can PM me or write here, whatever you wish. Your post lifted me up! I had some trouble getting a refill from my doctor, so I had to break apart an old 2 mg tablet for a few days..My brain DID  NOT like the change! So I'm suffering with some pins and needles, and irritability. I appreciate your kind words.

Tall Girl

So very sorry to hear of your struggles!  This darn medication gets us coming and going.  I have just begun having that "pins and needles" feeling.  I like to swim or walk everyday...but exercise (at least for now) seems to be make it worse!  Would love to hear more about it from you.  Does it go away?  Ever?

Anyway...I tried to do a liquid titration for a few days with water.  It was a terrible experience.  I became very nauseas (again) and totally sleepless.  So, I am interested in your experience with Ripple.  At what dose did you start using it to do a titration?  Did you have any side effects or a time you had to adjust to it?  Does the suspension last for a few days or do you make a new one daily?  Have often did you start dosing and how often do you dose now?  I do hope these questions are not too intrusive...but I am having a hard time cutting the very tiny pills and getting accurate weights the further I get down (although I know I have a looooog way to go).

Any advise will be so much appreciated.

Feel better soon!

Ellie