Tapering off Ativan Support Thread

[Ti...]

Luey!!!!

So good to see you your post!  Thank you for poppin in to give hope.  I would have been messaging you in a week or so when I am done.  I am so very close and expect to slide of somewhere between the 20-27th.  It has obviously taken me a very long time but I did it!

I am feeling great and got my life back.

For you to come back means a lot!

Hugs

JuJuBi

Hi Hardy,  I didn't do a blog, but if you search for my profile, you can read all of my posts on the Ativan thread.  Best wishes to you!  Luey

Hi Diane and JuJu,

Thanks!  Encouraging and supporting each other is what Benzobuddies is all about!  I'm glad to do it as others did for me. 

I hope at whatever phase you're at, you take good care of yourselves and are able to enjoy the summer.

God Speed...

XOXO

Luey

Hi everyone, my dear fellow warriors!

It is time for a little update. Since my last post in June, I was in my summer vacations and I was feeling quite good. Far from perfect, but I was able to enjoy life. With my kids and family, we went on camping in a beautiful place by the sea, it was wonderful.

Unfortunately, since Monday I am back at work and I am entering in a bad wave. I don’t understand this wave, I was feeling so good in the last weeks! Each time I have this feeling that I am out of the woods for good, a wave is coming. It is so discouraging. I was supposed to taper this week, I have to postpone it, I don’t want to taper during a wave.

I had  a coloscopie this Wednesday, I refused the Versed, but I kept the Fentanyl. Maybe it didn’t help for this wave, I don’t know.

I hope everyone is feeling a little bit better. We must hold on!

Bye!!

Marie

Hi Marie,

Its so good to hear from you.  I am so happy for you that you were able to enjoy your vacations.

I am so sorry you are in a wave now this stuff is so very unpredictable.  I think it was very good that you refused the versed!  I don't know anything about the fentanyl.  I hope this wave doesn't last long.  I have been in a wave pretty much for the past several weeks I'm so tired of it.

Yes we have to hang on!

Hugs and prayers❤

Marie,

So happy you could have a nice vacation and feel better.  Waves are always a disappointment after such a nice window.  How nice you could be by the sea!  Being by the water is such a nice anxiety tamer. 

Diane, I'm so sorry that you are still having waves.  I think about you and hope you have some relief soon.  :smitten:

I am having a rough time myself.  I know we've talked about it before but I think we are about the same dose in our taper.  I was definitely like hitting a wall.  I am going to start cutting again in a couple of weeks.  I have been holding for 6 wks and don't feel a lot better although as said before I did actually have about 3 days that were a bit better.  Not sure if it was a full blown window,  but I'll take it.  I attribute it to the acupuncture that I got last Tuesday.  It definitely lowered my anxiety and relaxed me.  I fell asleep on the table!  Couldn't believe that.

My next cut will be to get rid of my morning dose.  Then all I have is my bedtime dose to taper.  I am both happy and nervous about that.  There is a psychological part of getting to that last bit. 

Hang in there everybody!! :smitten:

Hi 2cats,

Thank you yes this has been a horrible wave I guess like you I have hit a wall and its a big one!

Yes it seems like we have been at this for a long time.  I am so glad you got some relief for those 3 days every little but helps.  That's awesome the acupuncture relaxed you so much I have not ever tried that.  I believe I am dealing with histamine issues and benzo belly ugh!

One dose per day will be great I dose 4 times wished I hadn't increased from 3 to 4 but to late now.  I'm trying to get all of my doses equal but with having to hold it takes forever. 

Hanging on is getting harder but its all we can do.

Hugs  :hug:

Yes, Diane, holding on is very hard indeed especially when we can’t see any improvement. It’s like entering a maze but we have no means of knowing where the exit is or even how long we will be wandering!

Interesting about the acupuncture. I might look into that. I know of someone nearby so I’m going to contact them. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks for the info 2 cats.

I’m not suffering much at the moment, as long as I do very little, very very little. I’ll take that happily! It’s a good place to be!

Hardy.

Hi, fellow warriors...I am going to take my last dose tomorrow and yes, feeling somewhat nervous about that. But I wanted to chime in on acupuncture. I went back to my home state for a few weeks back before I knew I was in dependence with Ativan. I noticed that the acupuncture session was the first time in months that I had not had tremors, etc. I felt so good and relaxed. I highly recommend it. It allows our nervous system to know what it feels like to not be activated, to be supported. I had a massage yesterday and same thing. The body knows and I am learning to trust that more each day. Wishing you all the best on this journey.

MamaRaven wishing you all the best with your jump!  Thank you for chiming in on the acupuncture I'm so glad it helped you.

Hugs

Hi everyone. I realize I am in my pms this week, maybe this is why a wave is coming. I hope so. It’s easier when you are able to find a reason for a wave.

About acupuncture, I have to say that every time I do it I fall asleep on the table. Just every time! It is so relaxing! I recommend it greatly!

So glad to hear that Marie and Mamaraven are having the same experience as I’ve had with acupuncture.  Now if only we could get acupuncture every night before we go to bed!  ;D

Marie- Thank you for the update. So glad you were able to enjoy your vacation by the sea and make some good memories with your family. Having a window like that where you are able to enjoy life I believe is a very good sign of good things to come for you ahead.  Giving you a little snapshot of how it will be. Hang in there you are getting close to getting off and leaving this in the dust.  The Fentanyl could have contributed but this process is so crazy it is hard to tell.  You did what you had to. This will pass and I still believe you are close to getting your life back.

Deedee-I pray for you a lot. I know that feeling of this is endless and hopeless.  But I can tell you it is not. This will clear for you it will.  You have to hold on.  You are certainly not alone.

2cats-I remember being at that dose in my taper and it was rough.  Things did start to improve below that for me.  The fact you had 3 better days is good.  Gave you a glimpse of the good that’s ahead. I truly believe both you and DeeDee will be seeing more of those and wider longer windows.  Just hold on you are doing a great job.

Hardy -the maze analogy is so accurate!  So glad you are off this and not suffering. 

MamaRaven-good luck on your jump.  I will be gently sliding off here in the next few days. It has been a long journey I will be glad is ending.

Hi JuJuBi,

Thank you as always for your words of encouragement!!!  I needed them so bad today.  I realized yesterday that I have been taking tylenol with caffeine the past couple of months and I'm wondering if that has contributed to how bad I have felt since the end of April?!!  I am so disgusted with myself.

But on a happy note...I am SO HAPPY for you!!!  You are done with this poison FOREVER!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi everyone

Thank you Jujubi,

I am so so glad for you that your nightmare is almost over. I have to say that I’m a bit jealous because at one point we were at the same dose and almost the same pace, but you speed up at the same time I had to slow down. It is a bit discouraging for me. But it’s life.

I have to say that today I am in a very bad place. This wave is very hard and today I am experiencing bad chemical depression. It’s been a while I haven’t had that this bad. I feel so discouraging. I know that I am at a low dose, but the finish line seems to go further and further as time goes on. I feel very hopeless. This dark depression is unbearable…

I really hope everyone is going well, better then me I hope.

At least I have you to understand what I am living.

Thank you for that.

Marie

Maria

Don't be discouraged. You have come so very far. I know the jealousy and have felt that twinge many times on here. Your time will come and when it does you better message me.

The depression and crying was one of the last things to go for me. 

I am not absolutely symptoms free. I still get a bit of morning anxiousness but it is mild and manageable.  I still get an occasional night sweats. And hot flashes that could be menopause but I tend towards blaming benszos for any blips in my radar. That may take a while for that to stop.

We are all very different.  I have been going through this for close to 26 months.  It's a long road for sure but you are getting there but we all will get there if we stay the course.

JuJuBi

Good Morning All

Today is the day. My first day Benzo free in over 26 months! I gently slid off. I took my last dose yesterday morning. I had originally thought it would be October.  I had been pretty symptom free for so long that my body was telling me it was time.  I am feeling really good. back to my old self. I will check back in periodically.

I celebrated with my hubby and daughter. We laughed and cried. It has been a long time coming for all of us. They have been so supportive. They lovingly gave me grace for over two years. Without their love and the support of all of you here on BB I could not have done it.

Stay the course you will make it too. I did not ever think this day would come but it did. It will for you too.

Love and Hugs

JuJuBi

Congratulations JuJuBi!  That is awesome!! :yippee: :yippee: :clap: :clap:  so happy for you.  You’re giving us all something to look forward to!  Hope you continue to improve.  :smitten:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to jump on and let everyone know that I am taking a break from BB.  I've been having a rough time so think I need to try and chill for a bit.  I will still check my pms.

Prayers and hugs🙏💕🙏

Dear Dianedeedee.

I hope you will feel better soon and I will miss you! Hope this wave will pass soon and you will be back.

Take good care of you.

💜💜💜

Hello everyone.  I hope everyone is hanging in there today!  It’s been a rough few days for me with my hip/ back pain but I had a good follow up with the pain doc to talk about options and I’ve decided to see another orthopedic doc to get another opinion.  He came highly recommended by a good friend of mine.  So we’ll see.  Not getting my hopes up but I need relief.  My daily life is grinding to a halt because of the pain.  Not good.  Anyway I’m trying to be positive  :)

I’ve been meaning to ask this question.  At what dosage does everyone think they will jump off from?  Or is it different for everyone? I’m going to stop my morning dose at .02 mg.  I was thinking the same for my bedtime dose when time  comes.  If I’m feeling decent maybe before that.

Just wondered what most Ativan users did. I haven’t checked Dr Ashton’s recommendation if indeed she has one.

Hope you guys are doing ok and thinking about DianeDeeDee too.

:smitten:

Dianedeedee I hope the break helps and you start feeling better soon

2cats-Ashton recommends taking the plunge at .5mg valium which is .05mg Ativan. I took it down to .01 but it is your choice and you should go by how you feel.