Tapering off Ativan Support Thread

[Ti...]

Oh I’m doing alright :3 nothing too crazy right now. How are you doing???

Glad you are doing ok. 

I'm trying to get through a wave...ready to feel better.

🤗

Hi DianeDeeDee,

Sorry that I am not very present these days. I’ve had a wave few weeks ago after my last decrease. I am much better now, but with my GP, we decided to make the switch to Valium, because I am not able to cut and hold at this tiny dose, I hope that I am not making a big mistake by doing so.

So right now, I am afraid of what will happen. I hope it will go smoothly.

I hope you will find relief soon!

Have a nice weekend!

Marie

Hi Marie,

Oh I understand I haven't been on here much lately either its been a rough few months.  I am so sorry you are having such a hard time but I'm glad you are doing better now. 

If you have any histamine or GI issues be careful with the valium I have read where it has a negative affect in some people with those issues.  You may be one of the lucky ones and switching will help.

Thank you for your kind words.  I hope you have a good weekend too.

🤗💖

Hi Dianedeedee,

Yes, I don’t know if switching to Valium is a good idea, but I am not able anymore to cut and hold with my Ativan. The pills are too tiny and the steps too big.  So I am at a point where I have to change something. My choices are going to liquid titration or the switch to Valium. And my GP has decided to try this route. I hope I will be on the lucky side, indeed. At last, I don’t have a lot of histamine issues. I don’t have any GI issues.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Marie

Hi Dianedeedee

I am currently starting it, since last Thursday. Today, I am starting to feel it. Symptoms are ramping. I hope it won’t be too difficult. I expected some bumps in the road, I hope it won’t be too bad.

Thank you for your support.

Marie

Hi Dianedeedee

I am currently starting it, since last Thursday. Today, I am starting to feel it. Symptoms are ramping. I hope it won’t be too difficult. I expected some bumps in the road, I hope it won’t be too bad.

Thank you for your support.

Marie

Hi Marie,

Wishing you the best with this crossover.  I hope the symptoms will be mild and quick.

Hugs🤗

Libertas too isn’t there anymore? So sad!

We have sometimes this feeling those people will stay with us. Like a lifeline.

They did good works. Thanks to them.

Libertas too isn’t there anymore? So sad!

We have sometimes this feeling those people will stay with us. Like a lifeline.

They did good works. Thanks to them.

😥

Libertas is still here!

Just ask for her or send a PM and she should answer.

Ok, well good news for me!

I took my last bit of Ativan today!!

Yahoo!

One poison down, one more to go!

I so wish I’d just stuck it out with the Ativan, as that was a better drug for me.

I find the Valium so depressing and blocks DAO more, so more issues with food.

Oh well, did the best I could at the time.

Keep going everyone!

Hugs Winnie

:)

Hi Winnie,

Thank you I'm so glad Libertas is still on here.

Congratulations on being off ativan praying you can get away from valium soon.

🤗

• 3 weeks later...

Tapering off 4 mg in horrid tolerance. Cdoc had me go up to 4 from 3 and only made me worse. So kindled and crossovers to Klonopin and valium didn't work because I'm obviously cross tolerant to all benzos now. My three previous withdrawal were horrible but doable cuz I had my brain. Now also dealing with long COVID brain. Any real advice or wisdom appreciated.my brain is beyond gone. Can only text

Lizgal I am so sorry!  I wish I had some helpful advice or wisdom the only thing is please know you are not alone on this horrendous journey.  We have to hang on it will get better.  I hope there are others that will chime in with some good news this thread has gotten pretty quite.  There have been a lot before us on here who have gotten their lives back and we will too!

Hugs🤗

Hello Diandeedee and Lizgal, I hope you are both still hanging in there. I'm currently 2 years and 3 months off lorazepam. I'm glad to say that I'm almost completely recovered. For many months now I have times where I feel totally normal. Unfortunately I've had some very bad asthma for about the last year and a half and ALL of the asthma medication causes anxiety. I'm on about 3 medications to help with the asthma. Since there have been times when I've come off the asthma medication, I can say that when I'm not on the anxiety inducing asthma medication I feel normal. I know it feels like healing will never take place BUT it really will. Hang in there both of you! This takes time and more time. Our bodies do heal! Complete your slow tapers and do not fear, you will heal! Please believe me, it will happen.

To get through the withdrawals I engaged in prayer and meditation. I am a member of Alcoholics Anonymous and my support network of like-minded people has helped me beyond measure. A fellowship of people around us is so important. We cannot live our lives alone, it is a recipe for misery. Long walks used to help me so much. Getting out of the house and out of my head was a tremendous help. I think it's very important for those of us who have healed to come back to BB and encourage those who are still coming off the horrible benzos. Please let my words be a testament that healing does take place. While we are in the midst of the storm we can lose heart.

Keep your eyes upon the donut and not upon the hole! Lol!

Andy

Andy thank you for dropping in and for your encouragement.  Congratulations on being off lorazepam for 2 years and 3 months that is awesome!

I am so sorry that your asthma has been acting up and the meds cause anxiety.  I wish there was something else you could be treated with to help the asthma. 

I'm glad you found ways to help you through the benzo torture.  I have a hard time trying to concentrate on anything  I do pray a lot.  I have been trying to find a benzos wise therapist but it is so hard and stressful.  I've talked to two that were not good.

Thank you again for your words of encouragement.

🤗