Tapering off Ativan Support Thread

[Ti...]

Hi Hardy,

I am so sorry today wasn't a good day.  I'm glad you have been able to sleep.  You are a brave soul going ahead and cutting.  Wishing you well with the cut.

Hugs and prayers ❤

Hardy66

give yourself the credit.  It takes a brave soul and a ton of faith to go through what we are going through.

I love your personal txt

"There is Blessing in the Battle"  What a true statement!

I hope everyone is doing well.  Today was a bit harder than yesterday but one day at a time.

JuJuBi

Hi JuJuBi,

I'm sorry today hasn't been a good day for you.  I've been in bed all day just not feeling well at all.

Hope everyone else is doing better.

Hugs❤

Sorry you guys have had it rough lately.  Hope you get a little window soon.  :)

It’s day 3 after my last cut .  Today and the next few days will probably rougher than normal.  I don’t know if that happens to you guys or not.  I never really paid much attention to the timing of my waves until one  day I realized it had been 3 days such a cut and since then I’ve kept track.  Seems to happen more often than not. 

Wishing us all some better days ahead  :smitten:

PS… I’m glad this thread has been more active lately

Hi 2cats,

Thank you.  Its good you have kind of figured out a timing I have yet to.  I hope you feel better quicker.

I'm glad this thread is more active too we need all the support we can get.

Hugs❤

Hi JuJu, thank you for your kind words. There is Blessing in the Battle……is a line from one of my favourite songs at church. It just helps me to think that there is at least some positive outcome for all the battling and suffering we are all going through!! We are being BLESSED! HaHa, certainly doesn’t feel like it but maybe this time next year we will look back and understand. Healing hugs to you JuJu.

Hello everyone on this beautiful thread.

I hope you’re feeling a bit better today.

I think I need some cheer up friends as I am experiencing my worst wave since last may.

After so much « not so bad » months, it is very hard to feel that way now. I am lacking of confidence in my capacity of going forward. I feel discouraged.

And knowing that this wave is forcing me to put my taper on « hold », it is frustrating.

It’s been now 3 weeks of wave. I am tired…

Thank you all. I needed to let it all out.

Take care…

Marie

I think I need some cheer up friends as I am experiencing my worst wave since last may.

After so much « not so bad » months, it is very hard to feel that way now. I am lacking of confidence in my capacity of going forward. I feel discouraged.

And knowing that this wave is forcing me to put my taper on « hold », it is frustrating.

Take care…

Marie

Hi Marie,

I am so very sorry you are having an awful wave.  I understand not feeling like you think you can't move forward.  This is by far the hardest thing to endure.  We have to hang on I truly believe you will feel better very soon.  Sounds like you have been doing fairly well the past several months that is a great accomplishment.  Remember you are not alone in this journey we are all right here with you.

Praying for better days.

Hugs❤

After so much « not so bad » months, it is very hard to feel that way now. I am lacking of confidence in my capacity of going forward. I feel discouraged.

And knowing that this wave is forcing me to put my taper on « hold », it is frustrating.

Take care…

Marie

Sorry you are having bad waves.  It’s not a bad thing to have to hold a taper.  It’s a smart thing.  Give your body and brain some time to adjust a bit.

We all understand and we’re right there with you.  You can do it!

2cats

Hey 2cats,

I needed to hear what you said the Marie also.  Thank you!

I have been slammed these past few days so holding for a while.

How are you doing?

Well, I’ve been battling back & hip pain for a couple of years even before I started this taper.  No resolution that lasts. I’ve done PT, chiropractic, acupuncture, osteopathic manipulation, injections, meds…..but I decided a year ago to go ahead and taper…. I had no idea I would have such pain.  I’m sure the taper withdrawals are exacerbating the situation.

So that being said, the pain flares and I’m in a flare now.  It kept me from sleeping last night and it hadn’t really settled today. When it flares, my hope is that is will calm so I can sleep…..

I’m sure the extra anxiety from tapering doesn’t help. 

This too will pass.  Some days I feel very panicky about the pain but then I will have a couple of better days.

Seeing a new chiropractor for second time tomorrow.  I did get some relief from the first visit.  Also had a bit of relief from massage therapy.

Pre-pain I was a very active person.  My husband and I like to hike, kayak, cycle, etc. so it’s hard to not be able to do that.  I mean some days I can barely ride in the car because sitting makes the pain worse.

It’s always worse after I cut my Ativan and I just cut last Saturday.

Sorry didn’t mean to ramble…. :)

I am so sorry that you are having back and hip pain.  I'm glad the new chiropractor helped at your first visit maybe it will continue.  Glad to hear massage helped too.  My husband has sciatica really bad he has found a chiropractor and a massage therapist that have really helped him.  Like you he has tried everything.  I hope the combination continues to help you. 

That's ok you can ramble all you want.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Hugs❤

I am so sorry that you are having back and hip pain.  I'm glad the new chiropractor helped at your first visit maybe it will continue.  Glad to hear massage helped too.  My husband has sciatica really bad he has found a chiropractor and a massage therapist that have really helped him.  Like you he has tried everything.  I hope the combination continues to help you. 

That's ok you can ramble all you want.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Hugs❤

Well that’s good to know about your husband having relief.  The massage therapist says she thinks it is sciatica.  It’s funny that the other docs have never really said that.  I’m not anti doctor necessarily but with the pain docs I felt like if I didn’t fall within their box of injections or pain meds they pretty much gave upon me. That makes a person feel good….. >:(

I really think doctors are by sciatica like they are benzo wd they don't know how to help with either.  I'm sure you are right they only want to poke more meds at you for both.  I actually figured out what wad going on with my husband after all his tests and they came up with nothing.  I kept on doing tons of research.  Sadly sometimes you have to be your own doctor.  This has happened to us more than once!

Hoping you feel better after your appointment tomorrow.

Hugs❤

I really think doctors are by sciatica like they are benzo wd they don't know how to help with either.  I'm sure you are right they only want to poke more meds at you for both.  I actually figured out what wad going on with my husband after all his tests and they came up with nothing.  I kept on doing tons of research.  Sadly sometimes you have to be your own doctor.  This has happened to us more than once!

Hoping you feel better after your appointment tomorrow.

Hugs❤

Yes I agree! 

Thanks, I’ll let you know. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone, hope today is a better one for all of us. I have hardly done a thing for 3 days but have been able to sleep a lot so feel better today. It’s very grey, cold and autumnal here and the trees are bare now. It’s a good job we have Christmas to break the winter up. Please tell me your Christmas plans. I am looking forward to seeing my family but it can be a lot of work which I am unable to do this year. I always make a big apple pie and last Sunday I had a bit of energy and made the pie to put in the freezer. Hooray! My husband will be wrapping most of the presents this year and he is a perfectionist so all corners will be perfect! It amazes me how non linear this journey is, so hard to make plans or predict.  Healings hugs to everyone and many Blessings.

Hi everyone. I am feeling satisfied. I have been out with my sister for a good walk to the shops. I bought a new oven tray for the Christmas bird and a large twinkly star to hang in our doorway. My joy holds no bounds! Back to bed for a bit now but happy. Days like this have not been coming very often but when they do it is lovely. Sending hopeful happy hugs.

Hi everyone. I am feeling satisfied. I have been out with my sister for a good walk to the shops. I bought a new oven tray for the Christmas bird and a large twinkly star to hang in our doorway. My joy holds no bounds! Back to bed for a bit now but happy. Days like this have not been coming very often but when they do it is lovely. Sending hopeful happy hugs.

Glad you had such a great day, Hardy.  Hope you have more and more.

Dianedeedee, my chiropractor appt was good.  I couldn’t believe how much better I felt all over.  I didn’t realize how tense I am all the time.  My pain in my hip is still there tonight but hoping it eases up in the next few days. I am now hopeful I can at least get some relief if not totally pain free…also trying to get in to a sooner appt with massage therapist…. Again, you telling me about your husband’s results gave me some hope!  :smitten:

Hi 2cats,

So happy for you that your appointment went so well!!!  I hope your hip improves and you can get in to the massage therapist sooner.  I am so glad my telling you about my husband's experience gave you hope yay!!!  So glad you are better.

Hugs❤

Hey...so glad you had a good day!!!

Hugs❤❤❤

How is everyone? Ready for Christmas? I am not at all but I will do what I can. Has anyone else tried Magnesium as a supplement……..supposed to be good for sleep and anxiety.  Has anyone tried any supplements? I have felt pretty awful today and was just looking for something to give a bit of relief. Going from 2mg to 1mg was not bad compared to going from 0.6 to 0.5mg. Ah well, our brains are complicated and I don’t pretend to understand why. BB has been a massive help to me.  Hug and prayers.