Tapering off Ativan Support Thread

[Ti...]

Hi JuJuBi,

I love this!!!  Now if I could figure it out for myself!

A good friend once told me "figure out how slow you need to

go and then go even slower.

JuJuBi and Dianedeedee,

That’s good advice from you both.  Yes I definitely have that urge to push through. I’m trying to practice patience.

Yes JuJuBi I also take breaks from here and am choosy what I read much of the time.  That being said, I have gotten some great support and had some great laughs from some of the “Just For Fun” threads and interacted with some kind and very interesting people.

When doctors push aside the idea  that symptoms could be from Ativan withdrawal coming in here  makes me feel validated and not crazy.  :idiot:  So many others experiencing the same thing.

Thanks to you both for your support and experiences.

2cats

Hi 2cats,

I hope you are feeling better.  This is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to endure.  I am very careful what I read on here too.  Sometimes too much info isn't good.

JuJuBi has helped me so much.  When I first got on BB I found this thread and started reading from the beginning I read it over and over.  I just wanted to soak in everything I could about Ativan tapering.  Luey and JuJuBi really inspired me with how they progressed.  I pray everyday that I might be as blessed as them in that my symptoms would become less and less as i taper down.

I pray that for you too 2cats.

Sending hugs and prayers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow Ativan buddies

Well, today I refilled my script and was able to go down to 45 tablets from 60.  I’m counting it as a milestone!  Woo hoo!

Even though I want to be off this drug, I do get some anxiety ( Go figure!) when I see those tiny little scraps in my pill box.

We’ll see how the next few months go.  I do not have an end date in mind but am really hoping I can be off by next winter.

Having more severe withdrawal lately.  My “stable” state is changing definition as I go.  What is stable now , I wouldn’t have imagined a few months ago.  I guess I’m learning what I can really tolerate.

Hope all are doing well as can be expected and staying positive.  :thumbsup:

2cats

Hi 2cats,

Good for you on reducing your # of pills.  I hope to be off in 2022 as well.  What a horrible ride we are on.

Wishing you well.

Hi All, I’m fairly new to BB and only just noticed there is an Ativan support thread. Well that’s me! Yes, we all need a lot of support don’t we. I really don’t know what I would have done without BB. Like others I’m hoping to be off early in 2022, maybe I’ll choose 2.2.22 to have my last dose!…….at 22 mins past 22. I’m not really feeling very jovial, had COVID booster yesterday so feel a bit odd today but it will pass hopefully. I wish everyone a good day and a better tomorrow. Sending healing hugs.

Hardy

Welcome to the group.  This group has gotten me through.  I still have a ways to go but will get there.

Marie79 you are really getting down there. Good job.

Dianedeedee and 2 cats  I hope you are doing well

I managed to survive the holiday.  I am looking forward to a Holiday that I am out of this mess.  Although I am mostly symptom free my CNS is still very tender and susceptible to stress.

JuJuBi

Hardy

Yes welcome .  This board hadn’t been too active lately but we are still out here!  :)

I see in your signature that it has been more difficult the lower you go.  It has been for me as well and I’m sure others too.  Symptoms are getting almost unbearable.  I find that reading the success stories help me see my life ahead.

Just knowing there are others going through the exact same thing is helpful in not making me feel so alone in this. And I mean the exact same, weird issues.  Random and intense pain, waking up in the middle of the night in a panic for no reason, crying all of one day and feeling revved up and unable to sit still the next.  Behind totally exhausted and feeling like your feet are made of lead….well, you get the idea.  ;)

There is great support, fellow feeling, distractions and understanding on BB.

Best wishes to you and everyone else.

2cats

Hi All, I’m fairly new to BB and only just noticed there is an Ativan support thread. Well that’s me! Yes, we all need a lot of support don’t we. I really don’t know what I would have done without BB. Like others I’m hoping to be off early in 2022, maybe I’ll choose 2.2.22 to have my last dose!…….at 22 mins past 22. I’m not really feeling very jovial, had COVID booster yesterday so feel a bit odd today but it will pass hopefully. I wish everyone a good day and a better tomorrow. Sending healing hugs.

Hi Hardy,

Good to see you on here too!  I have read this thread from the beginning many times there is so much info on here.

Hope you are doing well today.

Hugs❤

Debbie

[quote author=JuJuBi link=topic=44903.msg3317948#msg3317948 date=1637941660

Hardy

Welcome to the group.  This group has gotten me through.  I still have a ways to go but will get there.

Marie79 you are really getting down there. Good job.

Dianedeedee and 2 cats  I hope you are doing well

I managed to survive the holiday.  I am looking forward to a Holiday that I am out of this mess.  Although I am mostly symptom free my CNS is still very tender and susceptible to stress.

JuJuBi

JuJuBi,

Thank you I'm hanging on.  So glad your Thanksgiving went well next year you won't be dealing with this poison!!!

Hugs❤

Debbie

Hardy

Yes welcome .  This board hadn’t been too active lately but we are still out here!  :)

I see in your signature that it has been more difficult the lower you go.  It has been for me as well and I’m sure others too.  Symptoms are getting almost unbearable.  I find that reading the success stories help me see my life ahead.

Just knowing there are others going through the exact same thing is helpful in not making me feel so alone in this. And I mean the exact same, weird issues.  Random and intense pain, waking up in the middle of the night in a panic for no reason, crying all of one day and feeling revved up and unable to sit still the next.  Behind totally exhausted and feeling like your feet are made of lead….well, you get the idea.  ;)

There is great support, fellow feeling, distractions and understanding on BB.

Best wishes to you and everyone else.

2cats

Hi 2cats,

I hope you are having a good day today.  This is a great thread I know there have to be more of us out there struggling to get off ativan.

Hugs❤

Debbie

Hi all. I’m down to 0.7mg Lorazepam and am feeling so incredibly tense all over my body. Muscles clenched, sweating , palpitations etc. If I try doing anything in this state I feel so exhausted afterwards, understandably. I am in bed so much. Am thinking of  asking my Psych if I can try Buspirone. Anybody else done this. I would be so very grateful to hear about your experiences of this drug. Thank you. I’m not sure I can carry on tapering in this state!

Hi all. I’m down to 0.7mg Lorazepam and am feeling so incredibly tense all over my body. Muscles clenched, sweating , palpitations etc. If I try doing anything in this state I feel so exhausted afterwards, understandably. I am in bed so much. Am thinking of  asking my Psych if I can try Buspirone. Anybody else done this. I would be so very grateful to hear about your experiences of this drug. Thank you. I’m not sure I can carry on tapering in this state!

I'm taking 30 mg buspirone per day.  I think it may help some but let me caution you on something.  The doctors say you can just stop taking it but this was not true for me.  I tried to taper in 4 weeks but I had so much more anxiety it was awful.  I reinstated and decided to concentrate on tapering the ativan first.  Good luck with whatever you decided.

How is everyone doing?  I have been seeing several people on the introduction board who are trying to get off ativan.  I have tried to direct some to this thread because there is so much helpful information on here.  I hope they will search this thread out it has helped me alot.

Sending hugs to all.

Hi all, I’m down to 0.6mg today, lowest for decades! Yeah! Hoping we all taper into tranquility very soon.

Hardy66

That is a great accomplishment!  To know that this is the lowest you’ve been in decades. Yes there are a few of us hovering around the same numbers. This has been the most difficult part of my taper too.

Today I actually had a bit of a window.  I’m trying to appreciate these as they come and not get so discouraged when I fall back into a wave. 

My other two great things that happened today is I finally , after a couple of months of retuning items , have successfully received a pair of jeans that fit!!  ;D  The rest of you ladies will completely understand that! Haha

The other thing is that it is our 31st wedding anniversary today. :smitten: My husband has been a saint the last year during this taper. 

I am continuing to dry cut and weigh but it’s getting more difficult.  Not really wanting to switch to liquid.  I’m going to keep trying until it is impossible.

Well wishes to all.  :)

Hi all, I’m down to 0.6mg today, lowest for decades! Yeah! Hoping we all taper into tranquility very soon.

WOW!!!  That is wonderful so happy for you!  Praying it goes well for you.

I keep praying for a turning point in my taper...for all of us.

Prayers and hugs❤

Hello,

Just checking in.  How is everyone?  It's been a rough day unfortunately.

Hope everyone else has had a better day.

Hugs❤

Thanks for the check in  Dianedeedee,

I am so sorry you had a rough one.  I will pray that things get better for you.

My day was pretty good.  I am hoping it's a sign that this wave that I have been in is done or at least easing.  I have held and skipped my weekly cut for this past week. I will cut again Friday.  I am in no hurry just trying to do my best to keep my symptoms at bay and be able to keep working and get off this.

I hope everyone is doing well and moving in the right direction.

JuJuBi

Sorry you had a bad day Dianedeedee, me too. It’s all so unpredictable isn’t it!?! After a couple of good days I was suddenly ambushed with benzo flu. The good thing is that I have been able to sleep through it mostly. Grateful for small mercies. Very pleased you had a good day, JuJu. Amazing that you are keeping working. Had to smile about the jeans 2cats, yes understand completely.  I have gone ahead and cut to 0.5mg today. I decided that as I was feeling rubbish anyway I might as well give myself a reason! This is a rollercoaster we’re all on and I want the ride to finish big time! BB has been a lifeline for me and I’m very grateful for everyone’s honesty.

Healing hugs.