tapering off klonopin

[sw...]

[26...]

yes please send teh links ....im no longer on the antibotic but it made my anxiety so bad while i was on it and im feeling so sicka nd worse depressed

Yes this sounds so common with this class of drug.  So are the mouth symptoms you were describing.  A benzo friend of mine had the same symptoms.

http://www.fluoroquinolones.org/

http://www.fqresearch.org/index.htm

http://www.non-benzodiazepines.org.uk/benzo-faq.html  (question 9 on this page)

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [Be...]

• [tr...]

• [el...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommorow will be my 48th birthday i dont think i will be alive.My heartrate is so high this morning and my blood pressure doing wierd things//the benzos do not help me at all,,thanks for all your advice,,i cant do this im not sure what to do i had my 1/2 xanax though my heartrate would go down nothing....and after my klonopin its like my blood pressure goes crazy

Tommorow will be my 48th birthday i dont think i will be alive.My heartrate is so high this morning and my blood pressure doing wierd things//the benzos do not help me at all,,thanks for all your advice,,i cant do this im not sure what to do i had my 1/2 xanax though my heartrate would go down nothing....and after my klonopin its like my blood pressure goes crazy

sweetpea, I don't know your intentions of this statement but if you are indeed having thoughts of harming yourself you must seek help immediately.  The staff and members are not qualified to help you with this. This is from our forum rules:

Suicidal feelings are a common side effect of benzo use and withdrawal. We understand and deeply empathize with this. But in order to protect the greater majority of our membership, we need to ask that you please refrain from posting actual threats of harm to yourself. We also ask that you not contact other members via the private message (PM) system with these intentions. All members who happen across such posts or PM's are urged to report these incidents by using the "report to moderator" function. More here.

What you are describing is normal wd symptoms, we all have been through exactly what you are going through and some of us worse.  You have to make up your mind that you are going to deal with the symptoms and get off the drugs.  Statement like "I can't do this," serve no purpose whatsoever, you are the only one that can do it.  If there was an easier way we all would have gone that route, but there's not.  You have to take control of what you are going through instead of letting it control you.  Many, many people have gone through this and come out on the other side.  You can do it, too, it takes some time and determination.

im so sorry im just so depressed and dr wont give me anything..is this high heart rate part of wd//i just havednt cut back to much and its this bad i guess its the tolerance..i have too much to live for to give up

im just miserable

im so sorry im just so depressed and dr wont give me anything..is this high heart rate part of wd//i just havednt cut back to much and its this bad i guess its the tolerance..i have too much to live for to give up

im just miserable

I would say it's definitely the tolerance and there's nothing you can do about that except to get off as quickly and safely as possible.  Depression is one of the biggest wd symptoms and you have to work through this.  Understanding that it's the drugs causing you to feel this way and accepting that will go a long way in making you feel better.  It's not you--it's the drugs.

There is no doubt in my mind that you can do this and will recover completely but you have to take control of the symptoms and not let them get to the point of being obsessive about them.  Let them roll over you like a ocean wave, you'll come back to the top, we always do.  :smitten:

Heartrate still  going crazy this morniong and i was just siting here and ahuge wave off dizziness hit me and im sweating.I have not tapered that much you know from 3 mg of xanax  aday down to 1/2 mg a day and my klonopin down from 4 pills a day to 3 pills a day,im nauses ths morning dont even know if i can stand up in the shower and my hubby has planned me a birthday party,my dr wont give me anything for depression and i need it but because of my fear of pills,,,and i think the benzo are making me sick...

I'm sorry you are in such distress, and on your birthday, too! How nice that your hubby is planning a party for you.  Maybe the distraction of the party will do you good.

You have made a significant reduction in the xanax since you started tapering - Yay! - so I have no doubt the many symptoms you are experiencing are due to some sort of withdrawal.  The benzos are making you sick - remember we talked about tolerance withdrawal and paradoxical reaction - so I believe you need to continue with your taper.

I can't tell from the information in your signature line when you made  your last xanax cut.  Would you please update the info when you have the time?  You are so close to being off that nasty xanax!

Hope you can manage to enjoy your party.  Good luck and Happy Birthday!  :smitten:

Oh, honey, I wish I could walk through this computer screen and give you a great big hug and just hold you and tell you it's going to get better.  You sound so much like me.  My heart would also go crazy...beating so fast I thought I was going to have a heart attack.  My blood pressure was so low I could hardly walk around.  Keep tapering...keep getting off this nasty crap...and I promise it will get better.  I have been exactly where you are now...and I am better.  Heart is normal, blood pressure is normal, mind is normal, it all went away.  Hang onto that and keep telling yourself it's only withdrawal.  Hang in there.  :smitten:

Love,

Jen

hi i have cut back agian to 1/2 to 3/4 mg xanax as u know im feeling way bad need off these meds can u advice me how long to stay on that amount of xanzx and im still on 3 mg klonopin i need to cut back on it again..im a wreck but it depressed me so bad

SP, please don't ask me advice by pm anymore. Please post it on your thread and one of us will get back to you.

Please?

Hold your cut for a few days, at most.  Remember, you are taking more klon to make up for the lost xanax, so you don't really need to hold for long. In fact the longer you hold the more conditioned your body will become to the higher total dose of benzo. Not good. Your klon was increased in order to come right off the xanax. You were crossed over, and should have come off the xanax pretty quick. Now you have much more benzo in your system. YOu increased the klon, now you need to move right off the xanax. ONce you do that, you can begin tapering your klon.

Take care SP.

YOu will do fine.     

sorry about the pm its because sometimes i dont remember how to post im all messed up i feel week like im going to pass out and i dont know whats wrong with me

It's ok SP, just make sure you have this thread bookmarked in your "favorites".

The only thing wrong with you is you are on too much benzo. Please continue to move off the xanax. YOu need to be off it soon. You are letting your body become accustomed to this double dose of benzo you are on now.   

so being on the two is what is making me depressed week so ill i can hardly function.I have been on this last pill of xanx so long im trying to get off it,down to 1/2 to 3/4 im so ill i can barely function heartrate going nuts mind is wandering seeing tthings headaches,i dont know how to get off it any faster i wish i could just stop it since im on the klonopin..but im thinking my dr is going to ahve to putme on something to help this severe depression i am so empty and life less and on verge off losing my family

so being on the two is what is making me depressed week so ill i can hardly function.I have been on this last pill of xanx so long im trying to get off it,down to 1/2 to 3/4 im so ill i can barely function heartrate going nuts mind is wandering seeing tthings headaches,i dont know how to get off it any faster i wish i could just stop it since im on the klonopin..but im thinking my dr is going to ahve to putme on something to help this severe depression i am so empty and life less and on verge off losing my family

sp, as eljay has said you are on to much benzos.  Since you are on the klonopin both your dr. and eljay has said that it's safe to just stop taking the xanax.  You are the one that has decided not to get off the xanax.  So you can get off xanax as fast as you want to, it's your decision.  Here's the link that discusses it.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=8418.msg101986#msg101986

I don't know of a drug or supplement that will help with withdrawal, if there was it would be the most popular drug on the market.  Unfortunately we have to wade through this on our own and the only way we can do that is by taking control and helping ourselves.  It's not easy but it certainly is doable.

If you really want off the xanax and start to feel better it's only a decision away.  :smitten:  Ts

Hi Sweetpea -

I just saw your pm from yesterday.  I don't check my mail every day so it's best to post your questions here. 

You mentioned needing help or information about tapering off the xanax.  I see that tropicalsoul has reminded you that you can stop the xanax any time you decide to but the sooner the better.  It isn't doing you any good and could be making you feel worse than you need to.  You are currently taking .5mg klonopin 3x/day, right?  Klonopin stays in your system much longer than xanax and is a good benzo to taper off of for that reason.

You can do it.  :thumbsup:

but im thinking my dr is going to ahve to putme on something to help this severe depression i am so empty and life less and on verge off losing my family

An AD may be benifical but not in all cases. I'm on lamicatal, effexor and abilify and they are not helping me with the wd depression. I guess it's something I have to deal with for now. Somedays I cant get out of bed unless my husband forces me, he stays home somedays and takes care of my 1 year old because I cant do it, cant shower sometimes, clean, have no emotions, feel like my life is being drained from my body etc. BUT I KNOW this is wd and it's something that I'm going to have to deal with until I heal. I WILL heal and so will you. I just wanted to remind you your not alone and this is temporary.

I agree with everyone on the xanax but in the end it's your choice.

I hope you feel better soon

Amanda :smitten:

Yes i remember that they said i could stop the xanax tehni stayed on it longer and seens if i can remembere i was told to slowly taper off it and stop the klonopin taper till off the xanax..so here i am and yes im afraid as i went into the mental hospital last year after stopping the darn yucky xanax.....and the klonopin nolonger helps me either,,,i read somewhere getiing off klonopin is worse than xanax,...any agree with that and i laso know im not the only one suffering with this,,,but i sure appreaciate all the good advice as im so afraid,and i do feel like im only half alive,,as soon as i take a klonopin i feel bad how long do u think it will take me to get off it,,andhow do u deal with it when u still have tha bad anxiety.it has never gone away and my meditation isnt helping much yet,,its hard for me to do it

,,,i read somewhere getiing off klonopin is worse than xanax,...

I don't know where you read that but it isn't true.

You were told to taper off the xanax because you were afraid to stop it, but that doesn't seem to be working for you so stopping it may be your best bet.  But you need to do it soon or you will be tapering off it and then the klonopin, this is not something you want to do, it just prolongs it all.

It's not healthy and serves no purpose wondering and worrying about what may or may not happen tomorrow.  People have crossed over from xanax to klonopin so I don't think the wd would be worse.

How long it takes to get off the Klono will be up to you.  Once you are off the xanax you will be able to start your Klono taper, so that date is up to you.  If you follow your tapering schedule and cut when you are supposed to you will get off sooner than some who refuse to cut and it prolongs their suffering.  It really is up to you.

You have reached tolerance with your drugs, the only way you are going to heal is to get off the drugs.

Taking control of your symptoms instead of letting them control you will make you feel better immediately.  You can do this but you have to decide that you are.

:smitten:

Ts

so for now even though i feel the klonopin is making me depressed and feel yucky i should stay at the 3pills of 0.5 mg till i stop the xanax.......are you saying i could just stop the xanx now and just be on the klonopin and then start tapering it/Thanks

Hold your cut for a few days, at most.  Remember, you are taking more klon to make up for the lost xanax, so you don't really need to hold for long. In fact the longer you hold the more conditioned your body will become to the higher total dose of benzo. Not good. Your klon was increased in order to come right off the xanax. You were crossed over, and should have come off the xanax pretty quick. Now you have much more benzo in your system. YOu increased the klon, now you need to move right off the xanax. ONce you do that, you can begin tapering your klon.

Take care SP.

YOu will do fine.     

Hi all,

I just would like to clarify something. When SP was increased a couple of weeks ago (or more) on the klon, she at that time would have been fine to just stop the xanax. That was the plan. She should have stopped it cold the minute her klon was increased. But since she has now been on all of the above for at least a couple of weeks, I would rather see her take another step down on the xanax rather that just stop it cold. Maybe go down to a 1/2 for 3 or 4 days, then a quarter for another 3 or 4 days, then stop.

As I said above, she should do a very rapid taper off now. Not stop cold. She waited too long to do this.

SP, sorry to talk about you in the third person!  ;) 

how can benzos make us feel so sick after being on them,I took a klonopin at 2 p.m. my time and my lips went numb i got dizzy and i have rapid hearbeat and my head is killing me  mailnly on one side..im getting to where im afraid to take them and i know i cant quit cold turkey,my eye is all messed up,i cant think clear,,,i want to start cutting back on the klonopoin.For those of you that have got off these drugs did u do it because they were making you sick or because your anxiety went away?

Please finish your xanax before you start tapering your klon.

Did you see my post about not stopping the xanax cold turkey? You can do a fast taper, over the next 7 or 8 days, but don't just stop. Then, when you are done with the xanax, only then should you start your klon taper. Just be patient SP! One benzo at a time.  ;)

hi after taking my klonopin at 2 i feel like im having a reaction to it,this happened quite abit last week and had gone away now its doing it again numb lips i feel like im having hard time breathing and my mouth feel funny,why would it do this again...is it anxiety or could i be allegic i have no rash...im so stressed i dont know what to do and if im allergic to it i dont know what i will do,i dont usually take it this way but i took a half a pill at 2 and the other half at 4 i thought i might feel better doing it that way,but last week i wasnt taking it in halfs when i felt alleergic im scared

For those of you that have got off these drugs did u do it because they were making you sick or because your anxiety went away?

It was making me sick, sweetpea.  I still have some anxiety but manage it with breathing exercises, chamomille tea and walking for the most part.

You might be interested in what some other members have said about why they decided to quit benzos:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=8662.msg105689#msg105689

;D

Sweepea,

Yep, breathing exercises, meditation tapes, running, skating, and my Yogi chamomile tea has been great. Also, in the beginning of my taper, when I was feeling a bit squirrley, not from symptoms but from my own intrusive thoughts, reading novels was a miracle. If I found a good book where I could get outside of myself, then the thoughts did not occur.  This also was true at work. I just plunged into the work in spite of my anxiety.

Tropical Soul said a very wise thing and I will paraphrase and interpret because I am too lazy to find the actual quote :idiot:. She said that taking control of our tapering, gives us power, and once we have the power the insanitiy inside seems to stop.  This is how I interpret for me. Once I stopped asking so many questions of myself and starting listening to the folks on here and just started the taper, then the process was relatively simple. And I have been symptom free. I admit, I was only taking .5mg, so my story is not that dramatic, but it is my story and I am sticking to it.

Trust the process, it will work. This is only temporary

[2b...]