Important Survey - Please Participate ×

tapering off klonopin

[sw...]

i qouted her right im just still feeling so ill and im all confused im actually afraid to take my half of klonopin for fear i am overdosed i dont know and i have to find that post where u put on it how ot take it,,,i would like to know where u all got all your knowledge..from experience or what

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [Be...]

• [tr...]

• [el...]

Top Posters In This Topic

oh since im feeling bad i forgot do i wait to get this out of my system before taking anymore klonopin,,,,i know im not suppose to skip around

Here's your schedule:  

For every 4 hours:

Take 1/2 pill at 6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm,

Take 1/4 pill at 10pm

You are scheduled to take 1/4 pill tonight at 10pm.

We all know pretty much the same thing on this forum.  We've all been telling you the same thing.  It's from living with wd, tapering, researching, helping other people.  I, myself, ct'ed Klonopin so I've lived what you are going through.

hi im just wondering if other people ever took klonopin the way i do in halves every 4 hours and if we do miss a dose will we have a seizure or heartattack

Sweetpea -

Missing a dose may make you feel bad, have withdrawal symptoms, but it will NOT cause you to have a seizure or heart attack.  I doubt that there is anyone here who has taken exactly the amount of klonopin you are taking at the same time periods but even if there were, everyone reacts somewhat differently.  What one person experiences, another may not. 

i was reading in another post and someone was talking about the life of klonopin and this guy answered it that he knows thats ots longer than big pharma wants us to know who is that and i know it time for me to take 1/2  of my klonopin now but im scared as i still feel like i will puke anything up

If you want to skip the dose tonight it won't make a difference but when you get up in the morning start on your schedule.  If you get up earlier than 6 just back up the times to make it every 4 hours.

And you were supposed to take a 1/4 tonight.  Don't worry if you skip it tonight.

i took a half at 6 but i am very worried that i have to much klonopin blood level,so i hope i dont overdose tonight

Hi Sweetpea!

How are you today honey?  Did you get any sleep last night.  I sure hope so.  Thinking of you and hoping you get some relief soon!!

Lots of Love,

Jen

no i have been awake most the night my face is all stiff my head hurts im ill and i have no idea what to do i should have never stared halvign my meds

Hi Sweetpea,

Again, you are making this far more complicated than it need be. Klonopin is quite forgiving if you take a dose a little early or late, or even if you miss the occasional dose. Is there someone that can manage your dose for you? You need take it only three times per day, so maybe a family member can help?

Whether you or someone else manages your schedule, all you need to do is decide upon into how many individual doses you will be dividing your daily dose - then stick to it! Three times a day is plenty, but if you prefer to divide into four, five or six doses instead, this is fine too, but most people find three doses per day quite convenient. Take a dose just before bed, another when you rise, and one at about the middle of your day. The exact time is not important. Keep it simple, and stick to it.

Edit: typos.

colin are u speaking of the whole pills............im feeling so bad today,yes i only got 2 pills in yesterday,but i have been awake since 2 am cant sleep felt like withdrawlss when i went cold turkey off xanax last year im walking ab round like a drunk my blood pressure  and heart rate is up i have a weird pain in my neck i feel like im going to pass out and i dont have a clue what to do i cant even tell my hubby any ideas what all this could be..i did develop lower back apin a few days ago an mybe i have an infection

ok colin what about that since july i have been splitting the 0.5 mg in half and taking every 4 hours? Untill night before last when i tried a whole one and yesterday mornign..........and ttoday is the worst day i feel like im here but im not whatever that is called my neck hurts blood pressure heart rate is up dizziness,feel drunk just ill the worst i have hever felt any ideas what i should do.......and if i could me screwed up because i was cutting the klonopin in half

Sweet Pea Just do as Colin is advising and get yourself on track.  Everyone is telling you to stabalize but for some reason you won't do it.  You need to take your pills the same and at the same time.  If it is halves then take your halves if it is whole then do that but quit messing around with your meds.  That is why you feel like crap you are not STABILIZING!!!!!  Same amount everyday and same time.  They can't help you if you do not help yourself.  Listen to them!!

mal

ok colin what about that since july i have been splitting the 0.5 mg in half and taking every 4 hours? Untill night before last when i tried a whole one and yesterday mornign..........and ttoday is the worst day i feel like im here but im not whatever that is called my neck hurts blood pressure heart rate is up dizziness,feel drunk just ill the worst i have hever felt any ideas what i should do.......and if i could me screwed up because i was cutting the klonopin in half

SP, do as Colin says. Never mind what you have tried, or have been doing, do as he says. Don't vary from it. Take your daily dose in three divided doses.

Tell me exactly how many pills you are on a day, and I'll tell you what and when to take them.   

my dr just called and told me to take 1 hole pill in the morning and a half at night and thats it and i dont agree but he wants me off all meds so i dont know what to do he is saying i may have to go back in the hospital and after he hymytizes me he wants me to find another dr to manage my meds...oh u guys i feel like crap this is the worst day i cant get my heart rate down

Again SweetPea, you need to listen to us or your Dr.. You keep going back and forth.  It sounds like you are going to listen to your dr. and that is fine but it makes it very difficult for the moderators to help you.  I am sure everyone here wishes you the best.  Keep in touch and let us know how it goes with your dr. and your taper.

mal

i never said im going with my dr

i think cutting me back 1 whole pill is too much i just dont know what happened to me to make me as anxious and bad feeling as i have been today,,,if it was going on a whole pill the other night and yesterday morning or if itss the xanax going out of me..but i will fight before i go back to the hospitak im just scared that i ws putting to much meds in my system making me feel this way dont give up on me

Well then SP  Tell Eljay how many pills you are on a day and she will guide you throught your taper.  But you need to choose who you are going to listen too!  I assume it will be Eljay.  Tell her what she needs to know so she can help you and then you need to do as she says and quit flip flopping your pills and on advise that you get.  Listen to Eljay she knows what she is talking about.

mal

Sweetpea, in your shoes, this is what I would do (it also fits whit your original regimen).

Split your daily dose into three separate smaller doses. Since you are now taking 2.5 tablets per day, I suggest taking three-quarters of a pill first thing in the morning; three quarters of a pill in the middle of your day; and one whole pill just before going to bed. This is a total of 2.5 pills.

You will also need to talk to your doctor. It is important that you take control of your dosing, taking it at regular intervals and at set amounts. Your doctor will find it difficult to prescribe you benzos if you cannot demonstrate some control over your dosing. It is important that you taper gradually, but you need your doctor to trust that you can manage this. Although I don't agree with what you doctor is doing, I can understand that it is very difficult to prescribe meds to a patient that cannot be relied upon to take their medicine at the prescribed dose and in a consistent manner. So, take three set doses each day, at about the same time. Talk to your doctor about a sensible taper plan - I suggest reducing your dose by a quarter pill every 7-14 days, since this is what the majority of members would manage when at a similar dose. You will need to discuss this with your doctor though - make your doctor trust that you are in control! Once you've sorted things out with your doctor, and you are taking your pills in a consistent manner, we will help you plan your taper.

[f0...]