Important Survey - Please Participate ×

tapering off klonopin

[sw...]

i feel like i have been overdosed could i have klonopin built up in my body im so week and drugged out feeling  please those of you that have gone off klonopin how did u do your cuts

SP, first of all, you are not supposed to be cutting yet. Stabilize at 2 and 1/2 pills.

I tapered klon, and I cut by a quarter pill every two weeks. 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [Be...]

• [tr...]

• [el...]

Top Posters In This Topic

this is BAD i toook a 1/2 klonopin  and i feel like im going to pass out why would i feel that way

You are freaking yourself out! Take a couple deep breaths, lay down, take a bath. You are FINE!

i have a wierd taste in my mouth feel like i cant hear well adn im so faint should i go to er what is going on? Could i have got to er

SP you dont need to go to the ER. You need to calm down. You are going through wd. Your tapering, this is normal! But if you really feel like you have to then go in and get checked out. But I;m sure your fine.

Amanda

i have a wierd taste in my mouth feel like i cant hear well adn im so faint should i go to er what is going on? Could i have got to er

sweetpea, we have posted and posted advice to you.  We have asked you questions that have gone unanswered.  Have told you everything you are experiencing is withdrawal.  Have told you not to go to the ER everytime something crosses your mind.  Have tried to reassure you that everything will get better once you get on a schedule.  You are not doing one thing we have advised you to do and now you are asking if you should go to the ER?

I honestly don't know what to tell you anymore.  If you need an answer to that question go back and read this thread.  The answers are there.

ok i called the pharmaisit scause im scared and he said i could bea bit overdosed on meds because i had been taking half and i took the whole pill and then the half too soon i dont know if that is what you all think i just know how i feel and from now on i will never mess with medicine again

oh and my drs office called to make sure i was cutting down on the meds i didnt quite know what to say as im on more than he wants me to be

ok since  i messed up todqy and took 1 whole at 6 am and 1/2 at 12 noon and felt all drugged out by 2 p.m what should i take tongiht and i hopefully will get it right tommorow im still scared how i was taking them half every 4 hours is alot of whta messed me up i was getting to much med because no matter the mg u are suppose to only take a dose every 8 hours  anyone open to tell me what tootake tonight i have been having depersonalization

Hi Sweetpea,

You take a total of 2.5 tablets per day. Within reason, the size of the individual doses during the day probably are not critical, but the total dose for the day must equal 2.5 tablets. As we have stated many times, we recommend that you take three-quarters of a tablet in the morning; three-quarters of a tablet in the middle of your day; and a whole tablet at night. This regimen should deliver the best results for you.

If, instead, as you have described, you take a whole tablet in the morning, and half a tablet in the middle of your day, just take a whole tablet at night - this is still a total of 2.5 tablets for the day and should be fine. Still, the better schedule would be to take 3/4, 3/4, 1 tablets, as I outlined above. It is, however, up to you. There is nothing more we can tell you about this - either you do it, or you don't. A regular schedule can only help, so try to stick to it.

If you mess up your daily dose, only you can correct it. You know your daily dose, so just stick to it.

Colin im not understanding why im feeling so out of it,could it be because when i was cutting the pills in half and taking them every 4 hours nore med was being delivered to my body and it got used to it,becaue i heard when you take a klonopin no matterr the mg it lasrs quite awhiel and so when i was splitting and doing it ever 4 hours it was like over medicatd now im doing this other way and less is being deivevered to my body andim in some kind of with drawla im so ill week shakey and depersonalzation like a total breakdown.....and why is your way the best im just trying to understand how this medication works not doubting you,,,3/4 is not that much less than a whole right? Please dodnt give up on me

Sweatpea,

You need to understand, we cannot manage your dosing - only you can do this. As I said, if you prefer to split up your daily dose differently, this is up to you. Since you seem incapable of managing many doses over the day, and since Klonopin has a pretty long half-life, I suggested that you take it just three times per day - again, this is up to you. It is no good coming here asking for advice for each and every individual dose you take. Decide upon a regimen, and stick to it - this is what everyone else does here to have any realistic expectation of managing their taper.

Again, because of klonopin's relatively long half-life, there is little difference in blood levels if you take your dose split into three, four, five or six doses over the day. Three times per day is the most frequent I've heard of Klonopin being prescribed.

Take 2.5 tablets per day - this is your dose. If you prefer to take smaller doses every four hours, this is your choice. If you mess up an an individual dose, adjust your next dose to suit. Split your daily dose into at least three individual doses, but to a total of 2.5 tablets per day. I have posted my suggestion that you take just three doses per day - 3/4, 3/4, 1 tablets - it is up to you if you follow this suggestion. No on here is a doctor, and no one here can manage your taper for you.

i understand that colin im folowing the 3 times aday..my question with your knowledge of benzos do u have any idea what i have done to make me so ill ,i cant think straight im losing it bad and im scared i cant go back to mental hospital i will lose everything,,,how could going back on a whole pill instead of 1/2 every 4 hours like i was doing since july 16th mess me and my mind up im grasping for answeres do u have any clue and what causese depersonalzaton do u know i cant quit shaking i barely got thru my shower is it all in my head or what and how can i control it

You have consistently reported problems with sticking to your daily dose - this is your problem. If you take your daily dose in three or six seperate doses, this will have little if any effect, but constantly varying your daily dose will have real negative effcets upon you. Stick to a regular daily dose, and keep your dosing as consistant as you can manage.

i took it every 8 hours yesterday my heart rate is up and so is my blood pressure im falling apart im shaking so bad

my head is burning is thsi from going totlally off xanax also

Im still not understanding how after taking a half pill i now feel all drugged out and when i take a whole i feel like my mind is going,,,what have i done to myself i should have stayed on the 4 every 4 hours i guess but then i think someone said i was getting overmedicated..as of tommorow i bet im placed back in mental hospitak as i go to see my pshy and im barely holding it together,,this medicine is evil,,,will my body get back on traack?if i take as told

If you are to taper off, you got to have a plan and stick with it.  I can't tell you how much to take or when to take it.  The plan has to be something you can follow. 

You also need your doctor's help if the tapering plan involves taking more than he thinks you should be on right now.  You said he expected you to cut back and you haven't done that.  Again, I know this is the worst case scenario, but he might cut off your supply and you might end up "CT" or tapering way too fast.  You need to enlist his cooperation and be able to demonstrate to him you are "in control". 

People here can help you come up with a plan and be supportive as you follow it. 

If you can't follow it, and you feel the symptoms are overwhelming and unusual, it is time to visit the doctor or go to the ER and possibly put yourself in the hospital for a while. 

ok i felt so ill and out of it i took my blood presssure it was like 142 over 98 and my pulse is 123 then my blood pressure went kinda normal and my pulse is still high im veery scared

this is a quote from a person that answered one of my questions what do u all think,,when taking klonopin every 4 hours it accumulated ecessively..know that i am no longer doing it every 4 hours i will experience some withdrawal (on top of xanax withdrawal for the next 3 -14 days must go ack to aking it as prescribed  0.5 3 times a day by not doing so you will mak eeyourself very ill and this person suggest di might seek in patient help till better and a anti depressant,im so scared i taked to my counsler and told her how bad i feel and she said how i was doing my klonpin would not cause me to feel so ill im so cnfused my hubby just want sme to see another dr

this is a quote from a person that answered one of my questions what do u all think,,when taking klonopin every 4 hours it accumulated ecessively..know that i am no longer doing it every 4 hours i will experience some withdrawal (on top of xanax withdrawal for the next 3 -14 days must go ack to aking it as prescribed  0.5 3 times a day by not doing so you will mak eeyourself very ill and this person suggest di might seek in patient help till better and a anti depressant,im so scared i taked to my counsler and told her how bad i feel and she said how i was doing my klonpin would not cause me to feel so ill im so cnfused my hubby just want sme to see another dr

Taking a half dose of your med every 4 hours or a whole dose every 8 hours is basically the same, you are getting the same mg's in your body. 

Regarding inpatient care, I would recommend that you read others stories around the forum and make your decision from there.  No one I know, or have ever heard of, found that it helped. 

When your body can't handle the benzos any longer you can become very, very sick while still taking them.  This is what happened to me and many, many other people.  I can say first hand your counselor is wrong.   After all I've been through I am amazed at how clueless these drs. and counselors are. 

It's my firm belief that your system can no longer tolerate the benzos and that's what's making you so sick.  The only way to completely feel better is to get stabilized and start tapering off. 

Sp, I know it's difficult to type while feeling so bad but please use the spell check.  It's located to the right of the post button, it will make reading your post so much easier.  :)

We haven't heard anything from her, but hopefully sweetpea is getting the help she needs from her doctor, with whom she was scheduled for a visit. 

Thanks all for caring about her!  :smitten: 

[b2...]