Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Xray,

I've been right where you are now many years ago.  I felt hopeless, helpless and very frustrated.  I thought, yes WD should happen to long term users, but why me with only 11 weeks of use?  The first time I took Benzos for 3 months from January 2016 to March 2016 and quit CT with zero issues, in fact, my sleep came back in spades and I was sleeping a full 8 hours every night for 6 weeks.  Then that off night came around again and I still had some Klonopin left so I took one.  Then a few days later I couldn't fall asleep so I took 2 and then it went down hill from there.  My PCP put me on 1mg of Xanax (Alprazolam) and the rest, as they say, is history. 

The biggest difference between the first 3 months on and the last 3 months was I never hit tolerance from the .5mg of K-pin I was on.  That's why, IMO, I was able to stop CT with zero symptoms and no WD and NO insomnia.  The 2nd time on (6 weeks after the first 3 months) I quickly hit tolerance and kept on increasing the dose and eventually was on 30mg of Temazepam and 2-3mg of K-pin per night along with Mirtzapine.  That's when, IMO, all of the damage was done, so when I stopped CT on August 5, 2016, all hell broke loose literally.  I had over 15 symptoms and severe insomnia.

I kept on thinking..."I'm a short-term user, I'll heal quickly."  Not so fast said the Benzo WD Reaper...some people take a long time to reach tolerance and down-regulate and damage/destroy their GABA receptors...that's why, IMO, some can stay on for decades without reaching tolerance or having WD. 

You and I reached tolerance, caused TEMPORARY damage to our GABA and now it needs TIME to heal and/or regrow.  Until it does heal and/or regrow, you'll have symptoms such as anxiety and lousy sleep.  But eventually it ends.  TIME will heal you!  :thumbsup:

Good morning everybody,

Cant say that today is a good day unfortunately. I can always tell by how tired I am in the morning. Today I am really tired and of course my brain will not shut down and let me nap. This makes my anxiety go thru the roof. I hope nobody else is going thru this today. Prayers for everyone.

Xray

Wow, the silence on here is deafening! Where has everyone gone? Are you all sleeping like babies? That would be so wonderful.

Anyway,  my sleep is OK again. After some earlier hick-ups, the last number of nights were mostly 6,5 tot 7,5 hours. So no complaints there.

I saw the eye-doctor again; we set a date for my cataract surgery on the right eye. It's in just over 2 weeks. Two weeks after that the left eye is going to be operated upon. Hope all goes well.

Wishing  you a blessed Pentacost.

Stay strong.

Trochsetter

I am still here TS. I am taking a break from posting here and elsewhere on the internet. I do try to check in daily tho. Good to hear your sleep is back on track again? Praying all goes well with your upcoming eye surgery friend.

My sleep was a little over 4.5 hours I think. I will wear the FitBit to bed tonight. I am unsure if the FitBit was a good purchase, bc I don't really like wearing things on my wrist much anymore after smartphones became ubiquitous. Before smartphones, I always worse a Casio wristwatch (go figure). LOL

The FitBit is a nice watch and is accurate but the only two things I care about are sleep tracking and heart rate monitoring. :) I did find a watch face that I like. I wish there was a way you could enlarge things by using pinch to zoom like the Apple Watch.

Good day all,

I've been busy with yard work. The Dupuytren's  contracture in my left hand is growing worse.  It comes from my mother's side of the family with one aunt, that I am aware, of having it.  My hand doctor moved to two offices way south.  The traffic is stressful on that side of town, so I've been procrastinating making an appointment.  The pain is now constant, so I can't keep putting this off.  I think yardwork and lawn mowing inflamed the tendon even more.

My sleep is off track.

My husband's Alzheimer's is getting worse. My news is only depressing. Uff

Take care,

NG

Hang in there NG. These peaks and valleys happen throughout the course of our lives. I hate feeling ok for a day or a week and then in pain or discomfort during another period. Life would be great until death if there were all highs and no lows, but that isn't realistic I suppose.

T

Good afternoon everybody. After getting zero sleep on Friday night I fell asleep 3:30 in the afternoon and slept until 3:30 this morning with only 1 wake up. That was 12 hours! I did use 50mg of hydroxyzine. That's the most sleep I've gotten in the 6 months since I went ct from Xanax. I sure hope that it is a sign of things to come. Wishing everybody some restful sleep tonight.

Hey AB,

This was the first time I ever tried. I’ve had the prescription forever but never used before. I read that some people had some luck with it so I thought that I would try it. I don’t know if the hydroxine had anything to do with it but I’m gonna give it a another try tonight. Feels like I’m gonna need something. It’s getting late and I have no sleepy feeling at all even though I’ve been up since 3:30 this morning.

Hello BB people,

NG,  Sorry to see you're having issues with your hand. I hope things are going to get better, either with rest or surgery. I didn't know the name , but your description rang a bell. So I looked it up. Guess what, I have it too. In my left hand. It comes from my father's side. Mine isn't bothering me yet, but I 'll keep an eye on it.

Your husband's illness is a constant dark cloud hanging over you. I suppose it's draining much energy from you. I wish you strenght to keep on  coping with that. Remember,  you're a strong person!

AB,  you're right in taking a brake once in a while. So do more of us. Focussing on other things than our misery is a good thing. The 4,5 hours isn't good or bad. We take what sleep we can get. Your remark about life being  great without the lows is spot-on. But I suppose we appreciate the highs more because of the lows. 'Comes with the package' as they say, but some get more lows than others...

Xray,  so glad yoy had a wonderful sleep!  You feel all brand new, I suppose. A good night is a life-changer. Wish you many more great sleeps.

My sleep was from 10.30 pm until 2 am. After which I had a couple of hours without sleep because of my legs bothering me. Luckely I fell asleep again.  It rained all night, so I stayed in bed until 9 am.

Trochsetter

Good afternoon everybody. After getting zero sleep on Friday night I fell asleep 3:30 in the afternoon and slept until 3:30 this morning with only 1 wake up. That was 12 hours! I did use 50mg of hydroxyzine. That's the most sleep I've gotten in the 6 months since I went ct from Xanax. I sure hope that it is a sign of things to come. Wishing everybody some restful sleep tonight.

Xray,

If your body can get 12 hours...that's a great sign...often, after being sleep deprived for months, your body will give you a good "recovery sleep."  Your sleep will most likely not be this good all the time, but hey enjoy the next day when you can.  Did you stop the Seroquel? 

Good morning,

Last night wasn’t so good 10 to 2:30, but to be honest my sleep seems to be coming back. I try not to get to hopeful though. That way I won’t be too disappointed. I stopped taking the Seroquel because I didn’t like the foggy head it gave me in the morning. The  sleep I got last night was with taking nothing. I hope everybody has a great day.

Hi Xray,

I know it's not 12 hours, but 4,5 hours of natural is really good! Congrats.  You'll get there.

Enjoy your Monday.

TS

Ditto to what TS said Xray.

Hang in there buddy.

FitBit says almost 5 hours for me last night

Rainy stormy weather here today.

Try to enjoy your day my friends. :)

Yup...4.5 hours without taking anything is very good!  Hang in there...sleep will return in fits and starts until it evens out!  :thumbsup:

GM Buddies....

I did not wear the FitBit last night. I am unsure how much sleep I got but it was over 5 hours I think.

Try to enjoy your Tuesday everyone. :)

Hi everyone,

I couldn't fall asleep last night, I felt cold. Took at least an hour to finally be knocked out. Woke up once after that and slept until 7 am. But I didn't feel rested. My back hurt ( muscles) and I felt a bit dizzy. Not a great day so far. Tired and a little under the weather, which was awful the whole long -weekend, with strong winds,  lots of rain ( which was very welcome) and low temps.

Better times are on the way! 

Enjoy your Tuesday.

TS

Sorry to hear TS. I think we all have those bad days for whatever reason. My anxiety had calmed down for a while but has been flaring lately for no rhyme or reason actually.

I hope better days are ahead friend and the bad ones are minimal when they occur.  :)

Good day everyone,  I slept around two hours last night.  We all seem to be having some sleep/anxiety issues. Hopefully this goes away soon for everyone.

AB, you said it so well with the peaks and valleys.  We all experience them and somehow survive. 

TS, that's good news your eye surgery is coming up. I forgot just when, but hope it will be soon . 

How interesting you also have Dupuytren's contracture.  It is common among northern Europeans.  Hopefully yours never becomes a problem. I have it in my right hand, also, but it is mild. The left hand started out more noticeable and then grew worse, recently.  I have an appointment on June 27th with the hand doctor. 

Take care everyone and sleep well.

NG

Good morning every one,

I slept from about 10 to 2:30 last night. It was filled with nightmares and I woke up in a mini panic. Don’t feel very well rested this morning. Major cog fog. How’s everyone else doing?

Hey Xray....

Sorry to hear sleep was not good. Fitness Tracker says I got about 6 hours of fair quality sleep, but I don't feel I got that much. Maybe, I did.

I am about to meditate again.

Try to enjoy your Wed. everyone.  :)

GM BB.

Only 4 hours of sleep for me last night. I feel nervous and on edge today.

Enjoy your Thursday friends.  :)

Good day all,

I slept perhaps three hours.  At times throughout the day I feel quite okay. Mostly I feel tired. 

I wish everyone to feel better and sleep more.

NG

Hello everyone,

Hope you slept well.

The night before last I slept 8 hours without waking up once! Wow, did I feel good. Last night was deep sleep until 4 am, after which I had countless mini-sleeps. I got up around 8.30 but I feel I could have slept like that all day long. Crazy, right?

I made an appointment to see a PT next week. Hopefully he can fix my backpain. It's mostly muscle pain I believe.

Wish you all a pleasant day.

TS

[ed...]