Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hang in there HM.

I hope tonight is better for you.

I had a bad last night too. I tried a CBD gummie that a friend gave to me to try. It did nothing to help.

AB, sorry your night was bad too. I am off to bed again. Hoping for the best. I have class all weekend. 8 hours both Saturday and Sunday. Wish me luck!

HM

Hi everyone,

Hope you slept well.

I had a bad night followed by a good one (again).

During the bad night I woke up because of nausea and headache. Muscle pain comes standard these days. New was a really intense sweat. Good thing I know how to swim. Lol.

Did a Corona speedtest, which turned out negative. A touch of the flu maybe?

Decided to take off the Winter duvet and put on the Spring one. Much better!

Last night I slept well.

My neuropathic feet seem to get more painful by the day. Going to talk to my GP about taking Cymbalta. Here we go again...

Vision getting worse too. I 'm in a bad spot atm. Ugh!

Hope you're having a pleasant and peaceful Sunday.

Trochsetter

Hi AB,

Sorry you have it too. But I 'm glad yours is in a mild form.

I have no idea what caused mine. It started after being on Diazepam for about 6 months and a low dose of Amitriptyline for about 2 months. I stopped taking Amitriptyline a few months later. It was replacement by Paxil.

I since tapered off both of them

After stopping the Paroxetine, the neuropathy has become a lot worse again. So the Paxil must have had some effect after all.

Hope we'll both be able to get rid of it.

TS

Good morning all,

DST has done a number on my sleep.  My new knee fell apart on Saturday. I assumed it was because I was going more painful therapy, so gave myself a break on Sunday.  Monday I went back to less intense therapy, but my knee is incredibly stiff and sore.  Even my soon to be year old knee is stiff and sore.  Good grief.

Yesterday I had my yearly eye exam. The covid kept me away last year, but everything was fine.  The doctor said my right eye had improved over my 2017 visit. I should have asked him what would cause that.  I have the beginnings of a cataract, which he described as yellow and not frosted, I think that was the word he used.  As for now, it can be left alone.

Take care,

NG

Hi NG,

DST does seem to play tricks on some of us. Most of the time it takes a week or so to re-adjust the inner clock.

Sorry you knees are hurting atm.. Is there a a swimmingpool you could go to for some therapeutic exercises? Or maybe just some light training on your stationary bike might do the trick? I hope things get better soon.

Congrats on your eyes!  Great to hear one has even improved. Wow! Yellow is a cute description for a starting cataract.  Mellow yellow...

There was the slight possibility of a shower today, so guess how got wet this afternoon while out on his bike? LoL  Now it's sunny again...

Enjoy your Tuesday.

TS

Sorry to hear about the knee NG. Hope things ease off and you can get back on track.

I wish I had an outdoor bike TS. I should buy a cheap one from Walmart. I get so bored with the indoor stationary sometimes. Ugh--

Sleep sucked last night. I hope tonight will be better.

Hi AB,

Sorry your sleep was a sucker  ;)  There’s always the chance the next night is going to be better!

Maybe you shouldn't buy a cheap one. As the saying goes " a cheap one is probably going to be an expensive one".  A good bike is going to serve you well for many years to come.

Biking is a great way to get out, go places and get in shape at the same time. No gas needed,  and no polluting the environment.

To all,

Today I 'm 9 months benzo free ! Seems like a lifetime ago when I was in that hell.

Decided not to take an AD for my neuropathy. "Keep the enemy you know: a new one might be much worse."

Take care. Peace

Trochsetter

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing okay. 

TS, congratulations on being 9 months benzo free!! It is such a great feeling to be putting that all behind us.  Yes, thankfully it does seem like a life time ago that we went through hell. 

Drugs can be such a dilemma. I believe I am in the insomnia mess because of the prescription allergy medicine I've taken. It is really quite awful with the side effects and doesn't work all that well.  Oh well, I gave it a try and can put that behind me. 

There is a recreation center three blocks from me that has a pool I could use.  At this point I don't feel it is wise to leave my husband home alone.  I've not given in to having someone to come stay with him, yet. Not sure how he would do with that. I used to plan things when the cleaning lady came, but after she moved out of state, I didn't get another one.  I interviewed one and decided not to get her and decided I could do it myself.  For Christmas I bought

an IRobot vacuum and it does very well with the carpets and hardwood floors.  I just have to dust and clean the bathrooms and kitchen.  It's nice the floors are always clean.

The bike ride with the rain sounded memorable. It happens. Here it is snowing and has been since last night. 

My knee is doing better today! Bottom line is don't push the pain. Stop when that happens. The pain just causes more swelling and stiffness even with icing it.

When the therapist came on Tuesday I shared with her what happened after she upped the PT to "more pain means more gain." She didn't say that, I did. ha

She had me back off and so was able to see the results today. I kept thinking back to my first knee and the therapist would say if there is pain, stop. Mostly she would say let's not do that one for now.  Her theory did give me excellent results.

How's your neuropathy pain today?  Hopefully it is better.

SB, I hope your sleep is better. Not sleeping is so stressful and trying.  We all deserve better than that.  Hopefully one day this will all be a fading memory. 

Take care,

NG

Hello nightengale,

Nice to see a long post from you again! 

Thank you for your Congrats.

You're so right about those dreaded drugs. Best to stay away from them,  but that's not always possible.  But less is more, for sure.

The  therapist you had last year was right. Period! It makes no sense at all to overdo it with PT etcetera. The credo must always be: if it hurts, you went to far. Especially when it concerns surgery or an injury.

I'm really glad your knee is hurting less today! This might well be a turning point. Rest is also part of the treatment! Like recovery is also part of an athlete 's training.

I understand why  you don't want to leave your husband home alone. Life is never simple,  isn't it?

A good cleaning lady is worth her weight in gold nowadays. Good of you to be able to do most of the cleaning yourself.

We're having lovely sunny Spring weather again, after a short dip yesterday. Dustbins, cars, garden chairs, all were covered in a brownish powder this morning after last night's drizzle. Sahara dusthad been blown thousands of kms up north and was deposited over here..Weird.

My neuropathy is more or less the same. Shortly after getting up in the morning my feet start to hurt. When I sit down it stops. Walking  hurts after 10 minutes. I guess I'll have to learn to live with it. Long live my bike.

My  sleep  is some 6 hours atm, with pain in hour 7. I'll take the 6 hours gladly.

Hope your Thursday is a nice one.

Trochsetter

Good day all, the sun is shining and the snow has stopped. Now for the big melt down.

TS, I hope your pain is less with the neuropathy.  My husband has neuropathy and his doctor prescribed Voltaren Gel. It used to be prescription, but is now over the counter. It did help him with his pain. Just a thought.

Life is never simple and the challenges are ongoing.  It makes me appreciate when things go well.

Yes, long live your bike!

How interesting that the Sahara dust has blown so far away.  When it comes to wind, the drift seems endless.

Six hours is a nice amount of sleep. Night pain does put a damper on sleep. 

My sleep is still just a few hours. I finished my book last night, so something good did come of being awake.

I hope AntiB is sleeping better.  A good bike is worth it but only if the money is there.  With the price of gas, bikes might be worth their weight in gold.

NG

Life is never simple and the challenges are ongoing.  It makes me appreciate when things go well.

So true NG. My sleep has still been pretty crappy. Glad you were able to finish your book.  :)

Have a great Friday everyone.

Hello everybody,

Hope you are having a nice Friday so far.

NG,

Thank you for suggesting the Voltaren gel. Sorry your husband has neuropathy too.

I use Voltaren gel on my hip and knee tendons. It does work I guess. Just yesterday  I bought another one; this time the strong one. (2.32%). I 'm going to put it on the soles of my feet. Just the parts I stand on. Did that before, but not sure it worked back then.

Had a lovely bike ride this afternoon. An hour and a bit. Sunny, not much wind and lots of birdsong. Many summer birds have returned last night, carried by the southern wind. So, not only did it bring dust, but birds as well.  Spring has truly sprung! After the ride I treated myself to some tasty ice-cream. Yummy!

Sleep was good last night. Some 7 hours with hardly any pain in the last hour.

I hope everybody on here is going to sleep well again soon! . It sucks to have poor sleep!

Stay safe!

TS

Thank you, AB.

The same goes for you: may the good nights return soon and be plentyful!

Stay strong!  :thumbsup:

Trochsetter

Good day everyone,

I have great news. Last night I slept a little over 7 hours. It was heavenly.  The planets were all aligned, at least in my head.

It was a week ago tomorrow (Sunday) that I took the hydroxyzine. I should toss those pills, but won't in case I have another allergy incident this summer.

TS, hopefully the Voltaren helps with the foot pain. It is worth a try. 

The bike ride sounds so lovely.  It's great that the wind carried the birds in along with the dust.  I have four bird feeders. Two in front and two in back as I love the sound of birdsong.  I also have two bird baths which have to be filled daily in the summer.  Winter months only every three days. 

My father fancied birds and even though he died young, he passed his love on to his two daughters, which my sister and I passed on to our children.

We also have bird houses around to attract purple finches, but the English house sparrows soon took over those. At first I was upset and wanted no part of them, but birds are birds and so I accept and enjoy having them around.

Enjoy your weekend.

NG

Hello nightengale,

CONGRATULATIONS on a great sleep!  :thumbsup::smitten:

You sooo deserved this. There still is justice after all.

You must be on a cloud all day long.

Birdwatching has always been a passion of mine. I used to go out, armed with all sorts of camera's, extra long lenses and what have you. Those days are gone, but birds are in your blood or not.

Sparrows are fascinating birds. They can make all kinds of noises, among which machines. They imitate other birds as well.  And the colours on their Spring coat are unbelievable in the right lighting.

I see an aunt of mine (96 and still going strong,  but quite deaf) twice weekly. This morning I took my bike. Still a litlle cold, but sunny.

The last part of the journey was through a wooded area. Lots of birdsong!

Some rain tomorrow, followed by another sunny and dry week.

Enjoy your Saturday and let's hope you'll have another great sleep!

Trochsetter

Ps the Voltaren gel made my feet feel less painful, so I 'll keep applying it.

Good morning all!  I am so delighted that you are all sleeping so well! Happy for you:)

I am on a 4-hour a night stretch so better than less but not the 7 to 8 hours I want every night.

HM

Good day all, thanks for the good wishes when I slept so well. It was heavenly.  I did enjoy the day and rested feeling. 

Last night I initially slept better, but then it all ended around 2 am. My fitbit says 3 hours and 46 minutes.  That sounds close. 

TS, the extra long lenses sounds great for bird photography. You no doubt took some amazing pictures. 

Your aunt is so fortunate you visit her twice a week.  Learning to communicate with people who have lost most of there hearing is doable.  My mother doesn't hear well even with two fairly new hearing aids.  I find that if I don't raise my voice, but keep it somewhat low, she hears me better.  She becomes a bit stressed when she doesn't hear what people are saying, so she just sits quietly and lets everyone else talk. 

The ride through the woods sounds perfect with the birds serenading you. 

I'm glad you feel the Voltaren gel helped some!

Have a good Sunday,

NG

Hi guys,

I have been stuck on this 4 hour a night thing for a while. I would love to sleep 7 hours a night, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Argh! I had the WORST panic attack this morning. It was much worse than usual. It's part cortisol rush and part life. I am really struggling to get my new business up and running. I only just started. Wish me luck!

TS, That is so cool that you love photography! I just had several photo shoots done for my new office. I am waiting for them to be edited so I can use them.

NG,

Congrats on your recent 7-hour night! I now last night was rough. Hopefully, a great night is on the horizon.

AB,

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes. I had so many great 7 hour nights that I got spoiled. Now I am stuck in a rut.

HM

Good morning HM,

So sorry you had that awful panic attack. I hope you'll feel better again soon!

Stress is always a bad thing, especially when sleep isn't good.

I wish you all the best, both healthwise and with your new business!  :thumbsup:

Hope you slept well last night.

Stay strong  HM

Trochsetter

[9a...]