Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey everyone,

Looks like we have some new members who are struggling, welcome to LHSG, you will find good support here.

As I near my year mark off benzos, I have finally gotten brave enough to do the thing that I absolutely could NOT do during withdrawal, which was go to the dentist. I have notoriously bad teeth even though I take really good care of them, and I had dental anxiety even before benzos so I knew that going back would reveal all sorts of problems. Also, during acute w/d it was harder to take good care of my teeth, I definitely stopped flossing for awhile there, and probably didn't brush as properly as I normally do. Anyway, I went in Nov finally after 3 years of not going despite having a broken crown that whole time.. and of course I had 4 crowns to replace and like 15 cavities. Seriously. I just finished my 3rd visit so now I have 1 crown fully replaced, 1 with a temporary, and 11 fillings done in 3 visits. UGH!!!!!!

OMg, OK, you poor thing.  I know I will need a cleaning, 1 crown is iffy, and will need a couple fillings.

I bet most of us need dental work after wd .  Right now with Covid, not sure I could get up my nerve to go anyway.  Hope you aren't in a lot of pain.  LY, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😷😘😘😘😷😷😷😷♥️

I've been to the dentist about 20 times during withdrawal, getting implant, 10 crowns, bridge. I find the dentist quite relaxing.

Thanks fluffer - I feel pretty amazing around ovulation. I feel more alive and connected, music even sounds better! Then PMS and week one of cycle is just a different world. I can’t even remember what it’s like to feel good, and I can’t convince myself it’ll cycle back to feeling even okay. It’s absolutely nutty.

Week one is also so hard on energy levels. I’m just flat. I get sore quads and lower back 🤷🏻‍♀️

What a crazy ride.

I have a topical progesterone cream that I have used in the past from ovulation to day 28, but I feel like I need it most during week one.

I did a DUTCH test and things look fairly normal for a 43 year old. Slightly low estrogen, normal progesterone, and “adrenal fatigue” of course.

I use Alpha- Stim daily as well - I think it helps with depressive symptoms and sleep a lot.

I’m suuuuper slowly tapering zoloft as well.

Women are amazing. Thank you all for the kind words and support.

Hey everyone,

Looks like we have some new members who are struggling, welcome to LHSG, you will find good support here.

As I near my year mark off benzos, I have finally gotten brave enough to do the thing that I absolutely could NOT do during withdrawal, which was go to the dentist. I have notoriously bad teeth even though I take really good care of them, and I had dental anxiety even before benzos so I knew that going back would reveal all sorts of problems. Also, during acute w/d it was harder to take good care of my teeth, I definitely stopped flossing for awhile there, and probably didn't brush as properly as I normally do. Anyway, I went in Nov finally after 3 years of not going despite having a broken crown that whole time.. and of course I had 4 crowns to replace and like 15 cavities. Seriously. I just finished my 3rd visit so now I have 1 crown fully replaced, 1 with a temporary, and 11 fillings done in 3 visits. UGH!!!!!!

OMg, OK, you poor thing.  I know I will need a cleaning, 1 crown is iffy, and will need a couple fillings.

I bet most of us need dental work after wd .  Right now with Covid, not sure I could get up my nerve to go anyway.  Hope you aren't in a lot of pain.  LY, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😷😘😘😘😷😷😷😷♥️

I've been to the dentist about 20 times during withdrawal, getting implant, 10 crowns, bridge. I find the dentist quite relaxing.

Wow Jimmy, relaxing is not a word I would use  :laugh: :laugh:

[51...]
Hi Treelover, topical progesterone won’t give you much allopregnanolone but can release estrogen from tissues. I’d consider a small dose of oral - I take 5mg. I’m premenstrual now. After ten days of rapidly reducing symptoms to a near normal yesterday, I’m back in a wave of anxiety. Awful!

Fluffer, does the company that makes those hormone tests have one that would be for women who want to get pregnant (eventually) ? To let them know if their hormones are balanced enough to sustain pregnancy?

[51...]
Kitsune556 they have a terrific test for women who want to get pregnant. It’s a 14 day salivary test - hormones are checked I think every other day for a month. It’s a great test and very helpful. I highly recommend it. If you contact them, I believe they can get you an online practitioner to help. The ovulation strips are great too - I used them when I got pregnant with my second son. Good luck :-)

Hey everyone,

Wow! I am envious that you find it relaxing!!!!

Hey everyone,

Uhg the dentist! Terrified of the dentist but I go very reluctantly. My teeth issues are friggin sensitivity to hot and cold, especially cold. Hurts like a bastard if I eat or drink something cold. I use sensodyne toothpaste but that doesn't make much a difference.

Hello my people! 😃.. guess I should have started with that😂😂

Trishy❤️

Trishy Bear, where's the baby  :laugh: :laugh:  hope you are feeling pretty good and the family is all well.  Miss you!!    :smitten: :smitten:

Hey girlfriend!. I pm'd you. I'm off to a nice hot bath. Baby went home at 5:00 my time. He was fussy today he's teething. See even the baby has tooth issues :laugh: :laugh:

Ok lady talk soon! Love and miss you!!

Trishy 🐨❤️

so after the most horrific day yesterday, which I think was ovulation.

It was really bad, so much pain, akathisia, which had me leaving the house and walking around at 10:30 pm in an extreme cold weather alert!

I just wanted to get out and think!

I cam home, and had the best sleep, slept 9 hours straight and didn't even get up to pee.

Today has been the best day, almost no pain at all, no headache for the first time since Aug.

A bit of back and shoulder/neck pain, but the Dr. Ho's tens unit is doing wonders for it.

I was able to do some work in the morning (even though I'm on leave, I'm still responsible for my $2.5 million budget, that no one else knows how to deal with, so I had to do all my year end stuff).

It felt good, for the first time since my colonoscopy, I felt like my brain is back and that I can remember things about my job, things I had forgotten etc.

As I'm having a clear night so far, I think I'll now have to explain to my boss what's going on and that I will be off for a while.

I anticipate being off while I taper, but I can do some things for them, I'm in a non-union job, so offering to do things that they need done and no one else can do is a benefit to me, in hopes that they don't get rid of my job.

Now, I fully expect to be full on psycho again in a few weeks time when my period comes, I'll just have to wait for that.

I'm also fully transitioned onto the liquid and never had to increase the dose, it was brutal, but I think I made it! Now just to start tapering, next week!

I've had a little constipation issue, which is brutal. I always used sublinquals before, so the drug never went through my stomach!

I'm also going to call my PT tomorrow and see if she'll come to the house, she can certainly send me some exercises, but she needs to understand that I need to take it very slow and may not heal like I used to.

I would recommend a seat for tailbone pain, I drag around the house with me.

Thanks for being here everyone, wouldn't have made it without you all!

Winnie

Winnie: congratulations on your window... ;)

i just make the most of them - but at the same time not wear myself out. And know that you will survive the next wave -which will be followed by a window:)

Wow, this cycle has been so much better than any cycle for over a year. Barely any symptoms. I’m kind of at a loss for words because it’s so surprising, but I’m trying to enjoy it as much as possible. I am still experiencing bloating and sore breasts (this has been happening since ovulation), but it’s so minimal compared to the other symptoms I’ve had during past cycles. I wonder if it’s because I’m at a much lower dose ( 1 mg!!!!) I’m crossing my fingers that this is a sign of healing.

Trishy Bear, where's the baby  :laugh: :laugh:  hope you are feeling pretty good and the family is all well.  Miss you!!    :smitten: :smitten:

Hey girlfriend!. I pm'd you. I'm off to a nice hot bath. Baby went home at 5:00 my time. He was fussy today he's teething. See even the baby has tooth issues :laugh: :laugh:

Trishy 🐨❤️

I feel like I'm teething right now! I have this temporary crown on and it is soooo sensitive ugh!! Have to wait until Feb 18th to get the real one.

Trishy 🐨❤️

I feel like I'm teething right now! I have this temporary crown on and it is soooo sensitive ugh!! Have to wait until Feb 18th to get the real one.

I just hated waiting on the real crown.  I had a temporary crown break once.  It didn't hurt , thank goodness and they fixed it the next day.  :)

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day

I hope all are doing ok? Sorry l haven't been posting much as work was extremely intense.l have since a week ago broken my wrist on the icy roads so won't be posting much.l want you all to know we will get through this.One day at a time that's all we can do.

Morning twiny did you feel my pain 😜🤦?. Honestly had to be me.l hope you're hanging in there my lovely.You can and will get through this.Just stay away from all the media crap.l hope my wee man is doing well? Teething is a hard time for everyone.Give my bil a big hug from me.love you my lST.X

Morning Olive not good having all that work even if you hadn't a fear of dentists.I have strong teeth thankfully so in and out very quickly.l hope you are feeling well? love you.X

Love to all here.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day

I hope all are doing ok? Sorry l haven't been posting much as work was extremely intense.l have since a week ago broken my wrist on the icy roads so won't be posting much.l want you all to know we will get through this.One day at a time that's all we can do.

Morning twiny did you feel my pain 😜🤦?. Honestly had to be me.l hope you're hanging in there my lovely.You can and will get through this.Just stay away from all the media crap.l hope my wee man is doing well? Teething is a hard time for everyone.Give my bil a big hug from me.love you my lST.X

Morning Olive not good having all that work even if you hadn't a fear of dentists.I have strong teeth thankfully so in and out very quickly.l hope you are feeling well? love you.X

Love to all here.X

Hey twin! 😃

I can't believe you broke your wrist! I hope it's not too painful☹️ I do hope it's keeping you home though where you're safe. I actually did feel your pain my dearest! I'm having a carpal tunnel flare up in my left wrist. It hurt all week long. I had to wear my brace that I have for it to ease the pain. Do you have a cast on or a brace? I hope you take advantage of this time to just sit your tiny bottom home and watch some marvel movies. I ask our Mary about you all the time. She keeps me updated on your comings and goings and all that, she still tracks you with the drone :laugh: :laugh:

The wee lad is doing well. He's cutting teeth and a little fussy these days. He keeps me busy and that's a good thing but I do look forward to the weekends for free time. 😉

How's the fam doing? I hope all is well at your end. Scary times we're living through my tiny twin. 😔 I may cut again this weekend but I'm having a lot of heart palps and I'm not sure if it's from stress, wd, or my pots. My pots like sxs have ramped up no doubt about it but if I don't keep moving forward I will never get off this drug. I don't know what to do Stut I really don't. I guess just take it day by day is all I can do i suppose.

Well listen lady you stay home and keep yourself safe. I hope you heal quickly and painlessly. It's time to take care of you. I'm sorry you broke your wrist but I'm not sorry that you can't work 😜

Love and miss you very much! Hope to talk again with you soon! I'll give your bil a big hug I'm sure it will be the highlight of his day :laugh: :laugh:

LST 😘❤️

Oh no Stut! I'm so sorry you broke your wrist! That is terrible. Trishy and Mary, so good to hear from you.

On this day last year I took my last dose of Valium and walked off with 0 symptoms!! Long holds really work!!!

Oh no Stut! I'm so sorry you broke your wrist! That is terrible. Trishy and Mary, so good to hear from you.

On this day last year I took my last dose of Valium and walked off with 0 symptoms!! Long holds really work!!!

Congratulations OK  :smitten: :smitten:

I often think when I get to 2 mgs, I am going to follow in your footsteps.  It's my dream to get to 2  ;D:laugh:    Really happy for you 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘😘😘😷😷😷😷💕❣️♥️

Stutt  I'm so sorry you broke your wrist. On the other hand what can you expect with all that heavy partying that you do every night and ice skating while drinking you know it's a risky sport.

Seriously I'm awfully sorry Stutt and I hope it's not very serious and that you let it heal completely.

Hi everyone I haven't caught up with the posts I just came in and saw that Stut has broken her wrist and that olive kitty has had her whole teeth replaced almost 😭.

Olive I'm so glad you were brave enough to go to the dentist and have all that work done, and even though it's now uncomfortable you're going to feel so comfortable and you're going to look so pretty.

I'm feeling like crap this wave  has been going on since after Christmas it's horrible I sometimes think it might be because I have given up the one non-alcoholic beer that I had with lunch every day and since about a month-and-a-half ago I stopped having that non  alcoholic beer and maybe my brain is considering it a cut because those NA beers do have a tiny bit of alcohol so maybe this is kind of a cut from giving up those beers or maybe it's just a coincidence that I'm having a very very long lasting and crappy wave that mostly consist on this impending doom which is always with me like a heavy depression. My life is full of stressful situations as usual but this is no novelty so maybe I should just get used to it and stop expecting anything different. I wouldn't mind having a support system but I don't maybe that's the most stressful part of my life.

Well anyway to Mary who says that it's a dream to get to 2mg I hope when you get to two mg you feel better than I do and I guess you will because you're not going to benzo Crash like I did but I really don't have the impression that I will ever be stable enough to Taper again. This is just like feeling bad constantly and maybe five minute Windows every 6 months that's all I get. My physical pain completely sucks so that really doesn't help my depression either of course nobody who sees me suspects that I feel like this because I look normal and I act normal but inside I feel like everything completely sucks.  Okay I'll stop writing now because I don't think all this negativity is helpful I just started venting and I couldn't stop myself.

I hope you all have a good night and evening and that we all get to have some days without so many waves or at least we see an end to this someday.

Stutt  I'm so sorry you broke your wrist. On the other hand what can you expect with all that heavy partying that you do every night and ice skating while drinking you know it's a risky sport.

Seriously I'm awfully sorry Stutt and I hope it's not very serious and that you let it heal completely.

Hi everyone I haven't caught up with the posts I just came in and saw that Stut has broken her wrist and that olive kitty has had her whole teeth replaced almost 😭.

Olive I'm so glad you were brave enough to go to the dentist and have all that work done, and even though it's now uncomfortable you're going to feel so comfortable and you're going to look so pretty.

I'm feeling like crap this wave  has been going on since after Christmas it's horrible I sometimes think it might be because I have given up the one non-alcoholic beer that I had with lunch every day and since about a month-and-a-half ago I stopped having that non  alcoholic beer and maybe my brain is considering it a cut because those NA beers do have a tiny bit of alcohol so maybe this is kind of a cut from giving up those beers or maybe it's just a coincidence that I'm having a very very long lasting and crappy wave that mostly consist on this impending doom which is always with me like a heavy depression. My life is full of stressful situations as usual but this is no novelty so maybe I should just get used to it and stop expecting anything different. I wouldn't mind having a support system but I don't maybe that's the most stressful part of my life.

Well anyway to Mary who says that it's a dream to get to 2mg I hope when you get to two mg you feel better than I do and I guess you will because you're not going to benzo Crash like I did but I really don't have the impression that I will ever be stable enough to Taper again. This is just like feeling bad constantly and maybe five minute Windows every 6 months that's all I get. My physical pain completely sucks so that really doesn't help my depression either of course nobody who sees me suspects that I feel like this because I look normal and I act normal but inside I feel like everything completely sucks.  Okay I'll stop writing now because I don't think all this negativity is helpful I just started venting and I couldn't stop myself.

I hope you all have a good night and evening and that we all get to have some days without so many waves or at least we see an end to this someday.

Oh Val, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad.  I am not in good shape either, but have some tips on how to help myself, so at least have some hope.  Physical symptoms/ pain  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I hope you get a break soon.  Did you sell the apartment?  I know you are being safe and taking care of your lovely daughter and gorgeous kitty.  Sheyna, is that right  :D :D.  We love you, Trishy asks me about you.    :smitten: :smitten:    🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘🙏🙏🙏😷😷😷♥️

Wow, this cycle has been so much better than any cycle for over a year. Barely any symptoms. I’m kind of at a loss for words because it’s so surprising, but I’m trying to enjoy it as much as possible. I am still experiencing bloating and sore breasts (this has been happening since ovulation), but it’s so minimal compared to the other symptoms I’ve had during past cycles. I wonder if it’s because I’m at a much lower dose ( 1 mg!!!!) I’m crossing my fingers that this is a sign of healing.

Yessssss!!!!! :thumbsup:

Winnie, so glad to hear you are in a window! Slow and easy wins the race. Kitsu I hope your improved cycle will rub off on all of us. Keep going!

Hello! I think I'm suffering from PMDD now when I'm w/d from Valium. My periods are way worse now. So I'm gonna try some agnus castus to try to treat it. What formula is best? Pills or tincture? What brands are good? What more natural treatment can I use to fight this? It's really hell! That and Valium wd = double hell  >:D

Hey V! Great to hear from you. I'm a bit of a stranger around these parts these days. Sorry to hear you're not feeling so great. I'm with ya! Honestly how can anyone feel good between wd, Covid going around and all the social unrest. The world is going to hell in a hand basket as my mother would say. Hang in their woman you're a tough lady💪 Praying for better days ahead🙏

Trishy❤️

Hey Olive! How's your teeth? Are you feeling any better? Nothing worse than teeth issues well maybe wd but you're all done with that thank God! I'm jelly I wish I was done with benzo devil😔 but it is what it is I guess. Hang in there lady.

Trishy❤️

[d3...]