The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi everyone. I had Covid. I got it the second week of January and I'm only now feeling better. It was the worst sick I've ever been. I don't understand how some just get mild symptoms and others severe. I heard that it may depend on the viral load but i don't even know how I got it. I always wore a mask and used hand sanitizer. There are too many in our little town who even now refuse to where a mask.

Get better soon!

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better.

Morning Trishy how are you my lovely are you hanging in there?l am sorry you are dealing with this l wouldn't wish an ill child on my worst enemy.l really hope your son finds the strength to stop for good however he needs to do this for himself and no one else.How's the rest of the family?All good l hope.

I am doing ok not much going on this end we have been in lockdown since boxing Day and will continue to be until April sometime.l am not going to say much about that as my language would get me removed from BB 😡😵🤦🥺.I will be getting the cast off in just over a week so woohoo 🎊🎉.The family are all doing well and the puppies are good so can't complain.l don't know when l will return to work it will depend on how mobile my wrist is l would imagine it won't be in the next month.

Well that's about it from this end just wanted you to know l am willing you on honey.Look after yourself and try not to worry too much.love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary,Val,Troch, LWT Jasmine Bill, Seasalt Olive Ginger Scorpio,Free,NJ, Nova Miyu GP Meems Esperanza Intend Gilly Final and everyone here sending you my love and hoping all are doing well.Drop in when you can and let us know how you are getting on.lt would be lovely to hear from you.X

Hey twin!! I miss you!! I've not been on BB hardly at all. I just think it's a combination of being busy with the baby and stress and anxiety over the virus and politics. I'm so tired of all of it.

I'm thrilled that your cast is coming off!! 💃🎊🎉 I can not say I'm unhappy about you being out of work though. With this horrid virus out there I'm glad you're home!

I could be getting getting vaccinated very soon twinny. My state is now doing an age based vaccine roll out as on Monday, March 1st. My niece works for a major hospital in my state and is going to try and make appt's for me and Rich from the inside so we can get it quickly. Sadly my kids won't be eligible until April 12th so I'll worry about them until they are vaccinated. My grandchildren of course have no hopes of getting vaccinated until next year as I think that's probably how it's going to be for those 12 and under globally. The whole damn thing is a nightmare!

On another note I've decided not to taper this month. I was planning another tiny cut on the 28th but I'm not in the right frame of mind for that atm so I'll hold off another week or two.

Rich and I and the kids are so pandemic fatigued we decided to book a trip to Disney world in Florida for October. We rented a villa so we don't have to share a pool or anything with the public. We are thinking that things just about have to be better by October. We're all very excited about it, gives us something to look forward to.

Well I think I've caught you up on my end twinny. I hope and pray you and the family continue to stay safe in these God awful times. 🙏🤞

Love and miss you so much!! Think of you all the time.

LST 😘♥️

Hi everyone. I had Covid. I got it the second week of January and I'm only now feeling better. It was the worst sick I've ever been. I don't understand how some just get mild symptoms and others severe. I heard that it may depend on the viral load but i don't even know how I got it. I always wore a mask and used hand sanitizer. There are too many in our little town who even now refuse to where a mask.

Oh Jwl, I am so sorry.  That just sucks, I don't understand people that won't wear a mask, that's just nuts to me.  I am glad you are feeling better.  There is still so much they don't know about the virus.

My husband received the vaccine yesterday and mine is tomorrow.  I am so grateful.  We will have both shots by Easter.  There is no trusting anyone around holidays.  :(.  Please take care of yourself and keep us posted.  We had missed you!  Mary  :smitten:

Hello to anyone who remembers me. I've been chatting on the pm system with Mary and then I looked in on the group. And there what did I find but best wishes to me (one of many!) from Stut! Hello Stut! Mary told me about your wrist and of course we were both hoping that it would make you rest for a while! It seems like it has, but it also seems that you are chomping at the bit to get going again! If that is what you truly want then I hope you can do it soon. It seems that you have to wear this lighter cast for a short while yet. And then you will be like Road Runner again! Beep beep! Thank you so much for still thinking about me.

Trishy, I'm so sorry about your son. You seem to be very understanding about your daughter-in-law. That must be because you've seen what he's been putting her through. Yes, it is heartbreaking to know that your grandchildren will be growing up without a dad in the house but it seems that your dil knows what she's about and perhaps it is better that they grow up without the tension in the house which two adults can easily pass on to the kids. As people on here have said, the kids have a grandma who loves them to bits and can provide some stability. Not forgetting grandad too. I'm 99% sure that's Rick, isn't it? Please forgive the ancient brain!

Hi to all on this lovely group! Gxxx

Thanks all. Yes this is nothing to take lightly. I had to wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks because my heart was beating erratically and the doc said I probably had a mini clot in my leg. It hurt for weeks. I'm still having to take aspirin every day.

On the up side, I'm down to .35 mgs. Woohoo!

JWL,

I'm so sorry to hear you were so ill with Covid.  Thank goodness you are on the mend.  My daughter had it in November.  She still has some aftereffects, like profound fatigue that comes on suddenly.  I hope and pray this year will bring the end of this virus.

Congratulations on being so low in dose on Valium.  It looks like this will be your last year of tapering, then on to freedom.  I will be holding good thoughts for you.  Ginger

Given my pattern of 2 weeks of terrible symptoms (Weeks 4 and 1) and 2 weeks of kind of okay (weeks 2-3), when in the month should I taper? 😬

I have learned that I can handle about a 2% taper and still work full time and semi-function.

PMS feels like acute withdrawal no matter when I drop my dose.

So when to decrease? What works for you ladies?

I’m tempted to lower dose during ovulation as I feel pretty okay for a handful of days. But that lands me in PMS during the 10-14 day post drop window of things truly sucking.

Do you do a super small daily taper and hold off before your period? Drop your % once a month just after your period ends? What works for you?

I realized that if I keep my 2% drop per month this will take 4 years. That is incredibly disheartening.

I did a 3% drop last month and had akathesia, looping thoughts, SI, dizziness, undulating floor, jaw and head pain. My family is suffering because I am suffering. I need to push this along.

No chance to me to take extended time off for withdrawal. I am the breadwinner in the family, husband is medically retired military.

Currently at 0.110mg K twice a day

(Also zoloft 31.25mg per day) - trying to slowly taper as I believe it is contributing to my low blood sugar episodes.

[a9...]

Treelover, have you checked your hormones? ZRT makes a great salivary test that you can do at home. Maybe do one on day 1 of week 4 to see if you are getting too big a drop in progesterone, and day 1 of week 1 to see if you have any left during that week.

I don't know about the taper, but I will say that when I take just a little oral micronized progesterone to catch the fall in the PMS zone (week 4), I am shocked at the difference. I didn't do this last month due to a missed period (so I didn't know where I was), and the hell was worse. I also take a tiny dose during follicular (week 1). I do 12.5 twice day in week 4 and switch to 3mg twice a day in week 1 and 2 (my new schedule - I have tweaked this over time). Micronized progesterone is bio-identical and mostly becomes allopregnanolone, the best calming brain hormone we have. Women have it good and bad - this hormone rises monthly and has been associated with better outcomes for traumatic brain injury when the injury occurs in the luteal phase. But it's bad as we all know due to withdrawal from progesterone (and therefore allopregnanolone) monthly.

Anyway, that is my thought on how you might make things smoother. You could also try pregnanolone, but I have a hard time trusting this supplement as there just don't seem to be enough studies. It does increase brain allopregnanolone.

I have done DUTCH test and ZRT 4 x a day adrenal hormone test. Adrenals are flat via saliva but blood am cortisol is high.

DUTCH looked okay, sightly low estrogen but FM doc said was normal for a 43yo.

I was estrogen dominant about 4 years ago when I tested, but I cleaned up my diet, eliminated dairy, lost weight and it seems to have balanced out a bit.

I have topical progesterone cream. I remember you saying that didn’t convert to pregnenalone in a previous post ?

[a9...]
Treelover, I recommend ZRT salivary progesterone, estrogen Week 1 and 4. Progesterone cream can make things worse by removing estrogen from tissues, and it doesn't help the brain because it doesn't convert to allopregnanolone. It can help the low estrogen problem though. BCPs do not contain micronized progesterone because it is bio-identical and therefore does not stop ovulation. Synthetic progestins will deplete allopregnanolone - I'd avoid.

[a9...]
Treelover, oral micronized progesterone is a prescription. It can be compounded or there is also Prometrium, which is a standard pharmaceutical. When compounded, it is usually extended release so can be dosed once or twice daily. Prometrium is immediate release and trickier. I'd probably dose it 4 times daily, but that's just me.

Hello to anyone who remembers me. I've been chatting on the pm system with Mary and then I looked in on the group. And there what did I find but best wishes to me (one of many!) from Stut! Hello Stut! Mary told me about your wrist and of course we were both hoping that it would make you rest for a while! It seems like it has, but it also seems that you are chomping at the bit to get going again! If that is what you truly want then I hope you can do it soon. It seems that you have to wear this lighter cast for a short while yet. And then you will be like Road Runner again! Beep beep! Thank you so much for still thinking about me.

Trishy, I'm so sorry about your son. You seem to be very understanding about your daughter-in-law. That must be because you've seen what he's been putting her through. Yes, it is heartbreaking to know that your grandchildren will be growing up without a dad in the house but it seems that your dil knows what she's about and perhaps it is better that they grow up without the tension in the house which two adults can easily pass on to the kids. As people on here have said, the kids have a grandma who loves them to bits and can provide some stability. Not forgetting grandad too. I'm 99% sure that's Rick, isn't it? Please forgive the ancient brain!

English!!  I had my first vaccine yesterday  :D.  Pfizer, other than barely a sore arm, have had no reactions.  Tim got his Friday, he did really well too.  What a relief to get the first shot.  Next one, March 21st.  Then 2 weeks later, you are suppose to be pretty protected .    Trishy just comes on once a week, sometimes not that much.  Taking care of that baby 🍼 takes time.  Husband is Rich  :laugh: :laugh:  you were close after all this time.  How are you doing?  Are you at 3.5 or 3?  Hope you aren't feeling too bad.  I got so behind when our power was out, I hope I don't owe you a pm .

Thinking about you girlfriend, and give Tilly lots of love from me.  Do you remember Becksblue?  She lost her 17 year old cat a few days ago.  :'( :'(. She's pretty devasted.  I hate it when we loose a pet on bb.  Stut will be getting that cast off soon and going back to work.  I saw on the news where England is doing something good with the vaccines?  I didn't catch the whole thing.    I didn't even feel the shot, so you take it if you get an opportunity.  :smitten: :smitten:  Mary 

Oh Jwl I'm so sorry you got covid. Glad you are feeling better and so happy for your .35!

Hey OK, good to see you  :D

English!! Hey woman! I've missed you!! So weird I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were doing and just like magick here you are!  :D

The situation with my son is heartbreaking for sure but I still have hope for him. His wife has had second thoughts about leaving him, guess it's hard to walk away when you love someone. So for now she's sticking it out with him. Thank you for the mention I truly have missed you around here although I'm not on much anymore myself. I just have my hands full with the baby and by the time he leaves I just want dinner a hot bath and a little quiet time before bed.

Did you get the vaccine over there yet? I'm getting vaccinated on Wednesday along with Rich!! Yay! I'll be getting the moderna vaccine. I'm a little nervous but I've been waiting for my turn here in my state and it's finally come so I'm going for it! 💪💉

I do hope you'll pop in from time to time and update us. I do try to log in from time to time and it was just so nice to see you had posted.

Well you stay safe my English and take care of yourself!

Trishy❤️

Yoo hoo Mary!! I'm getting vaccinated on Wednesday girl! 💃🎉🎊 I'm getting the moderna vaccine and so is Rich! We are both being vaccinated at different places, different times but same day! Thank God for my niece she was the one who found openings for us bc they booked up all across the state lightening fast!!

Talk soon girlfriend!

Trishy 🐨❤️

English!! Hey woman! I've missed you!! So weird I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were doing and just like magick here you are!  :D

The situation with my son is heartbreaking for sure but I still have hope for him. His wife has had second thoughts about leaving him, guess it's hard to walk away when you love someone. So for now she's sticking it out with him. Thank you for the mention I truly have missed you around here although I'm not on much anymore myself. I just have my hands full with the baby and by the time he leaves I just want dinner a hot bath and a little quiet time before bed.

Did you get the vaccine over there yet? I'm getting vaccinated on Wednesday along with Rich!! Yay! I'll be getting the moderna vaccine. I'm a little nervous but I've been waiting for my turn here in my state and it's finally come so I'm going for it! 💪💉

I do hope you'll pop in from time to time and update us. I do try to log in from time to time and it was just so nice to see you had posted.

Trishy❤️

Hey you, I got the Pfizer vaccine and everything went great Trishy.  My arm was barely sore and only then when laying on it.  Tim and I have had no reactions at all.  I was in and out in less than an hour, Tim quicker than that, so don't worry.  I have been reading all the vaccine shot threads and they had calmed me down so much, I wasn't even anxious.  Let me know how you and Rich do!!  Love ya Trishy, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😘😘😘. 😷😷👶❤️

Thanks all. Yes this is nothing to take lightly. I had to wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks because my heart was beating erratically and the doc said I probably had a mini clot in my leg. It hurt for weeks. I'm still having to take aspirin every day.

On the up side, I'm down to .35 mgs. Woohoo!

Sorry to read you had Covid jwl but I'm so happy you are on the mend. Thoughts and prayers for your continued recovery.

😔🙏 Trishy❤️

Yoo hoo Mary!! I'm getting vaccinated on Wednesday girl! 💃🎉🎊 I'm getting the moderna vaccine and so is Rich! We are both being vaccinated at different places, different times but same day! Thank God for my niece she was the one who found openings for us bc they booked up all across the state lightening fast!!

Talk soon girlfriend!

Trishy 🐨❤️

I am thrilled you guys are getting your shots.  Don't worry, mine and Tim's went so well!!  Mine was just yesterday.  Let me know how it goes.  Love ya!! :smitten: :smitten:

Trishy❤️

Hey you, I got the Pfizer vaccine and everything went great Trishy.  My arm was barely sore and only then when laying on it.  Tim and I have had no reactions at all.  I was in and out in less than an hour, Tim quicker than that, so don't worry.  I have been reading all the vaccine shot threads and they had calmed me down so much, I wasn't even anxious.  Let me know how you and Rich do!!  Love ya Trishy, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😘😘😘. 😷😷👶❤️

Hey you I posted you on the previous page lol! I'm so glad you had a good experience with the shot. That makes me feel a little less anxious about it. I wanted to get it so bad and now that I finally have the appt a little anxiety crept in but I won't let it stop me from getting it. My appt is for 10:45 Wednesday morning and Rich goes at 6:15 pm. He's taking the day off to go with me so I don 't have to go alone. My daughter is going to watch the baby while I go. Can't wait to just go get it over with. Our second dose is on March 31st. It's 4 weeks wait for second dose with moderna.

I will let you know how we do for sure.

Love ya woman!

Trishy🐨❤️

[44...]