Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Winnie, I haven't experienced the engorged breasts but they do get super sensitive now, much like when I was pregnant in early 1st trimesters, which to your later question I think applies.  I asked earlier in the thread if anyone was much more sensitive to pain (i.e. cramps).  I definitely have had an increased sensitivity to new pains and previous injury sites. 

I'm so sorry you are feeling down about the passage of time during this ordeal and your girls.  These drugs do take so much away and put us into thinking spaces that are so unfair as well.  You are getting off this poison and that is the positive momentum here.  You are demonstrating fortitude, bravery, and strength to your girls in doing this.  I know it doesn't feel that way, but in the grand scheme it's a pretty amazing feat for our children to witness.  This is just so tough.  Just want to offer a hug. 

Beauty, so glad you have had a window after a dark time again.  Hope it carries on! 

Trishy,

I'm so sorry.  Our children can give us great joy or send us to the depths of dispair.  Your son may stop drinking again as he did the last time.  I'm praying for him, for you and the entire family.  Hugs, Ginger

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning twiny glad the wee man is keeping you on your toes l think you need to be kept occupied.Sorry to hear the pots etc has increased just don't cut too much honey and also work on calming the anxiety which l believe will elevate a lot of the symptoms.Do you do breathing exercises etc? Don't allow those catastrophic thoughts to run riot.These are difficult times for everyone so we have to take this one day at a time and do the best we can.

The fam are doing well and keeping as healthy as possible.l got a lighter cast on yesterday so hopefully l can move about a little more.No option but to rest and binge watch TV just finished The Fall which l enjoyed.l can't write very often hopefully l will drop in next week for a catch up.Keep your chin up.love you my lST X

Morning Val l am sorry to read you are in a wave.l really hope that it does pass however it does take a very long time.l believe it will.l know it is so damn soul destroying but you will get there.The depression for me lifted after holding for about 5 months have to say it dipped in again at times however it didn't last long.l wish you could get treatment for your pain no doubt the pain and depression are going hand in hand.Hang in there honey you will turn a corner.look after yourself and your beautiful daughter.love you X

Morning everyone else quiet here l really hope everyone is doing ok.Thinking of you all.Sending my love.X

Oh my twinny how I miss you and your wise words. I'm afraid I'm not doing well at all. My son is drinking again and I'm so heartbroken, beyond words heartbroken😭😭 I have become so attached to my youngest grandson and everytime I look at him my heart aches an ache that is indescribable. I almost feel like it could kill me. My dil says she is leaving him and I hope she does but it's so heart wrenching bc his boys love him. And twinny my grandson's will be growing up without their father living with them😭😭😭 I honestly don't know where to put all this pain. I thought wd was bad well nothing quite compares to the agony I'm going though right now. It makes wd feel like a walk in the park.

I'm so sorry to unload all that but I just don't know where to put all this pain.😭

I so hope you're feeling better and healing quickly. Please stay safe and don't push yourself.

Love you lots! LST 😘❤️

Morning Trish this is heartbreaking and l understand that feeling of hopelessness you are feeling.The pain is indescribable and yes withdrawal feels like a walk in the park compared to it.l have been there and l will admit it almost broke me.l think that is actually why I always deal with withdrawal symptoms as l know l have survived worse..l think honey your dil is doing the right thing however you and your family will be there for her and the kids.l think the most important thing at this time is that the kids are surrounded with positive role models your son cannot be that at this time.I don't believe staying together together no matter what is healthy for anyone especially the kids.Your son has to take responsibility for his actions and if he keeps getting cushioned by you all he may never need to change.l know this is hard honey but you will survive this.You just keep taking this one day at a time and hopefully things will fall in to place.

We are just spectators in our kids lives hopefully your son will see what he will lose and find the strength to overcome his addiction.Keep your chin up.love you my lST.X

Morning Troch l am sorry you are in a wave however you know it will pass.Just stay put for a while and let it settle.l don't talk about withdrawal to anyone the reason for that is simple they think it's absolute nonsense.lt used to really annoy me now l don't expect their understanding which is a lot easier.Look after yourself and try to be patient.You are doing so well.love you.X

Hi Stut,

Thank you. As always, comforting words of wisdom.

Like you I stopped talking about what it means to go through this. But it just hurts a little every now and again.

I'm not in a real wave, but just feeling a bit " iffy" sometimes.. And not at all as awful as I did last year. I consider myself lucky compared to many others here on BB.

Getting lower on Diazepam I notice some patterns are slowly changing: was the morning the worst part of the day for a long time, now that's shifted to the end of the morning. The rest of the day is more or less OK. Sleep is changing too. Less deep with more vivid dreams. All of my wd symptoms are physical. Muscle pain, stiffness and loss of strength plus painful feet being the biggest issues. Anxiety went away long ago, thank the Lord.

Hope you're doing fine.

Take care. X

Morning twiny glad the wee man is keeping you on your toes l think you need to be kept occupied.Sorry to hear the pots etc has increased just don't cut too much honey and also work on calming the anxiety which l believe will elevate a lot of the symptoms.Do you do breathing exercises etc? Don't allow those catastrophic thoughts to run riot.These are difficult times for everyone so we have to take this one day at a time and do the best we can.

The fam are doing well and keeping as healthy as possible.l got a lighter cast on yesterday so hopefully l can move about a little more.No option but to rest and binge watch TV just finished The Fall which l enjoyed.l can't write very often hopefully l will drop in next week for a catch up.Keep your chin up.love you my lST X

Morning Val l am sorry to read you are in a wave.l really hope that it does pass however it does take a very long time.l believe it will.l know it is so damn soul destroying but you will get there.The depression for me lifted after holding for about 5 months have to say it dipped in again at times however it didn't last long.l wish you could get treatment for your pain no doubt the pain and depression are going hand in hand.Hang in there honey you will turn a corner.look after yourself and your beautiful daughter.love you X

Morning everyone else quiet here l really hope everyone is doing ok.Thinking of you all.Sending my love.X

Oh my twinny how I miss you and your wise words. I'm afraid I'm not doing well at all. My son is drinking again and I'm so heartbroken, beyond words heartbroken😭😭 I have become so attached to my youngest grandson and everytime I look at him my heart aches an ache that is indescribable. I almost feel like it could kill me. My dil says she is leaving him and I hope she does but it's so heart wrenching bc his boys love him. And twinny my grandson's will be growing up without their father living with them😭😭😭 I honestly don't know where to put all this pain. I thought wd was bad well nothing quite compares to the agony I'm going though right now. It makes wd feel like a walk in the park.

I'm so sorry to unload all that but I just don't know where to put all this pain.😭

I so hope you're feeling better and healing quickly. Please stay safe and don't push yourself.

Love you lots! LST 😘❤️

Oh Trishy, I am so sorry your son is drinking again.  Has he ever been in rehab?  It's so dangerous to be running around drinking right now with the virus  :-[.  Your dil needs to keep her and the kids save.

My heart hurts for you.  You take care of that little man and pour out lots of love.  It's not over Trishy.

He needs to hit rock bottom and he has to do it for  him, you can't do it for anyone else.  I will keep your whole family in my thoughts.  Love you girlfriend, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😷😷😘😘.    👶♥️

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that I stepped off of my benzo 5 days ago and I am all right.  I have felt a little spacey and at times vulnerable because of what I have been through but I am really okay.

I haven't yet posted on the main site but wanted to post here because I received such wonderful support when I started my taper journey. 

For those who don't know me, I did a 22 month dry cut benzo taper using a scale and nail file to reduce my pills.  I started out very slowly at the beginning because I was really scared but was able to pick up the pace as I got used to tapering and my body's response. I was one of those people who as I got lower, I felt better and better.  I started at .625 mgs of Clonzapam and stepped off at 0.0150mgs, which is equivalent to .25mgs of Valium.

There were so many times I struggled to believe that I could get off and I finally did.

Please hold onto hope that you can get off too and trust that your body, even though it can feel like an enemy, is actually your ally.

Wishing everyone a decent, low symptom day.

Final Healing

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that I stepped off of my benzo 5 days ago and I am all right.  I have felt a little spacey and at times vulnerable because of what I have been through but I am really okay.

I haven't yet posted on the main site but wanted to post here because I received such wonderful support when I started my taper journey. 

For those who don't know me, I did a 22 month dry cut benzo taper using a scale and nail file to reduce my pills.  I started out very slowly at the beginning because I was really scared but was able to pick up the pace as I got used to tapering and my body's response. I was one of those people who as I got lower, I felt better and better.  I started at .625 mgs of Clonzapam and stepped off at 0.0150mgs, which is equivalent to .25mgs of Valium.

There were so many times I struggled to believe that I could get off and I finally did.

Please hold onto hope that you can get off too and trust that your body, even though it can feel like an enemy, is actually your ally.

Final Healing

That is such great news FH.  I am so very happy for you.  You did such a good job of your taper.

Congratulations Final  :clap: :clap: :clap::highfive::balloon: :balloon:  :D

Hi Everyone,

Final Healing

That is such great news FH.  I am so very happy for you.  You did such a good job of your taper.

Congratulations Final  :clap: :clap: :clap::highfive::balloon: :balloon:  :D

Thank you Mary! It has been quite an experience but I feel very hopeful about what is to come.

Wow FH,

That's wonderful! Congrats.

Hope it's going to get better day by day!

A big WELL DONE to you!

Thank you Troch!  I do feel it will get better each day and I am both optimistic and realistic about my healing.  I know I will heal completely and also that there may be some little bumps while I do. 

Trochsetter

Final,

Congratulations!!  You did it!  I hope you continue to feel well as your body goes through the last of the healing process.  🎉 Ginger

Final,

Congratulations!!  You did it!  I hope you continue to feel well as your body goes through the last of the healing process.  🎉 Ginger

Thank you Ginger! I am doing all that I can to not overdue it during this time.

I hope you too are continuing to feel better now that you are off. 

YAAAAAYYYYY FINAL!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

So happy for you!! All the hard work really does pay off. May you continue to feel better and better and this experience will be far away in your rearview mirror.

YAAAAAYYYYY FINAL!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

So happy for you!! All the hard work really does pay off. May you continue to feel better and better and this experience will be far away in your rearview mirror.

Thank you OliveKitty! The hard work does pay off and hearing how good you felt stepping off was very inspiring. 

Hi Everyone,

Final Healing

This is fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS!! FH, this is such an inspiring post, I’m so happy for you! It’s so hard and you did really well. :)

What kind of scale did you use? I’d like to try a dry pill taper with a scale (I’m down to 1mg xanax which is one pill I break in half for 2 doses per day).

This is really encouraging to hear! I’m happy to hear you’re doing well!! :) xo

Hi Everyone,

Final Healing

This is fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS!! FH, this is such an inspiring post, I’m so happy for you! It’s so hard and you did really well. :)

What kind of scale did you use? I’d like to try a dry pill taper with a scale (I’m down to 1mg xanax which is one pill I break in half for 2 doses per day).

This is really encouraging to hear! I’m happy to hear you’re doing well!! :) xo

Hi gildthelily

I used a Gemini 20 scale and got it from Amazon. I always had 2 scales on hand and did use them both toward the end of my taper to make sure the weighing of the pill was accurate. That's my stuff. They cost around $21,00.  There are more expensive scales but the one I used several its purpose.

The scale does jump around at times so weighing your pill a few times does give you more accurate.reading.

Congratulations Final!  FINALLY huh? 

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Cheering for you.

Thank you Hopeforrecovery!  Yes, Final finally did it and it's a good feeling. 

I know you can make it too. 

Morning Final well done honey woohoo 🎊🎉🍾.l know you have been through hell however part 1 over and hopefully part 2 will be kinder to you.You can and will thrive l know there will be bumps ahead but you will prevail.Be proud of yourself and please don't be a stranger.love you X

I have 3 weeks left before l get my cast off not much l can do at the moment so doing a bit of binge watching TV programs.It has been a very long winter as we have been in lockdown for months with no end in sight.Have to say it really isn't good for anyone's mental health.Awe well what can you do this too shall pass.l will post next week sometime.Sending you all my love and willing you on.love and hugs Stut.X

Morning Final well done honey woohoo 🎊🎉🍾.l know you have been through hell however part 1 over and hopefully part 2 will be kinder to you.You can and will thrive l know there will be bumps ahead but you will prevail.Be proud of yourself and please don't be a stranger.love you X

Thank you Stut. So far part 2 has been kinder.

I am wishing you very speedy healing on your arm. Being in lock down is very taxing on mental health and its so important to hold on to hope, even if it fluctuates-just like in benzo withdrawal.  We jusr have to hold on. 

Be well.

Final

Congrats Final!! I was skimming through quickly and saw you have been victorious against the benzo devil!! Good for you!! So happy for you!! You're an inspiration to the rest of us. 💪

Lots of love,

Trishy❤️🏆🏅💃🎊🎉

[89...]