The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello LHSG,

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been on much lately so not sure what everyone is up to. I'm plugging along. Keeping busy everyday as best I can. Keep up the good fight LHSG'ers :thumbsup:

Hey Mary, how are you girlfriend? When is the heart test? Is that in two days?? Don't worry you're going to ace it!  :thumbsup: How's the gerd? Are you feeling better? Did you figure out when to take the gaviscon?

Be well my people,

Trishy ❤️

Hey TT, don't have everything figured out but working on it  ;). Yes , Thursday heart appointment, 😑

You sound good, missed ya, I wasn't on a lot last week either.  As DD said , she was feeling anti social, me too.  :laugh: :laugh:    LY much girlfriend!!    🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😘😘😷😷

Is that what we're calling our absenteeism from the group anti social? Guilty🙋‍♀️  :laugh: :laugh:

I'm doing ok I guess, my daughter is having a uterine ablation tomorrow so worried about that but other than that I've just been in my own world. I am crafting my brains out :laugh: :laugh: it's so good for my mind. I'm so glad I found a hobby I like. Lol!

I am not babysitting my granddaughter anymore. I now have until late October free until I start babysitting my new little grandson. So I'm really happy to have this time to get stuff done around the house. I'm going to decorate for fall early. I think by the end of the week. I'm trying so hard to distract from the gloom of covid and the orange idiot, it all just sucks.. 😔

Now you try hard not to fret over your test. I just know it's all going to come out fine and then you can put this all behind you.

Love ya girlfriend,

🙋‍♀️😷😘❤️❤️

Hello LHSG,

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been on much lately so not sure what everyone is up to. I'm plugging along. Keeping busy everyday as best I can. Keep up the good fight LHSG'ers :thumbsup:

Hey Mary, how are you girlfriend? When is the heart test? Is that in two days?? Don't worry you're going to ace it!  :thumbsup: How's the gerd? Are you feeling better? Did you figure out when to take the gaviscon?

Be well my people,

Trishy ❤️

Hey TT, don't have everything figured out but working on it  ;). Yes , Thursday heart appointment, 😑

You sound good, missed ya, I wasn't on a lot last week either.  As DD said , she was feeling anti social, me too.  :laugh: :laugh:    LY much girlfriend!!    🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😘😘😷😷

Is that what we're calling our absenteeism from the group anti social? Guilty🙋‍♀️  :laugh: :laugh:

I'm doing ok I guess, my daughter is having a uterine ablation tomorrow so worried about that but other than that I've just been in my own world. I am crafting my brains out :laugh: :laugh: it's so good for my mind. I'm so glad I found a hobby I like. Lol!

I am not babysitting my granddaughter anymore. I now have until late October free until I start babysitting my new little grandson. So I'm really happy to have this time to get stuff done around the house. I'm going to decorate for fall early. I think by the end of the week. I'm trying so hard to distract from the gloom of covid and the orange idiot, it all just sucks.. 😔

Now you try hard not to fret over your test. I just know it's all going to come out fine and then you can put this all behind you.

Love ya girlfriend,

🙋‍♀️😷😘❤️❤️

I hope your daughter is fine, I am not sure what that is, since I am kidless :laugh: :laugh:    I am coloring my brains out, that adult books are very intricate, and I have bought every kind of pen under the sun  :D.  I will decorate for fall soon too.  I love color, I guess that's why I am coloring my brains out.  Let me know about your daughter.    :smitten: :smitten:

Hello LHSG,

Be well my people,

Trishy ❤️

Love ya girlfriend,

🙋‍♀️😷😘❤️❤️

I hope your daughter is fine, I am not sure what that is, since I am kidless :laugh: :laugh:    I am coloring my brains out, that adult books are very intricate, and I have bought every kind of pen under the sun  :D.  I will decorate for fall soon too.  I love color, I guess that's why I am coloring my brains out.  Let me know about your daughter.    :smitten: :smitten:

I've seen those coloring books Mary I don't think I would have patience for them. I used to paint but I'm not interested in that anymore. I think that's great thought that you like those books also good for the mind so color away my dear! :D

An ablation is when they burn out the lining of the uterus or something like that. She may or may not ever get another period again. She had that heavy bleeding and this is the solution I guess. She can't take birth control pills bc of her high BP condition. So this is only other alternative to the heavy bleeding.

I'm glad I'm not the only one decorating for fall a bit early. I love color too and fall is my favorite time of year. I'm trying not to let covid spoil it for me.  :)

I had an endometrial ablation done last January.

I don't have my periods anymore,  no more cramps and heavy blood loss, but it doesn't fix the hormonal imbalance caused by peri.

It was a painless and easy procedure.

Hi jwl,

Me too! I'm really trying to look at issues of why I went on benzos. You definitely learn to take better care of your health, body, mind, and soul, goi g through this. It's hard but I think it will be worth it! ❤

I don't have my periods anymore,  no more cramps and heavy blood loss, but it doesn't fix the hormonal imbalance caused by peri.

Hi jas,

My daughter is in surgery as we speak. I'm a mother so what am I doing? Yes of course worrying 😩 my daughter is 34 yrs old I had hey when I was 22 she is still my little dolly, my baby girl. She had to go under general anesthesia and she has a metabolic disorder that causes high BP. She takes like 6 meds to control it so this is why I'm a wreck. I had to take her this morning and they won't let me stay. Her husband is home with my granddaughter bc he's throwing up! 🤦‍♀️ He is a nurse in the Fairfield county in Connecticut. My daughter is having this done in the hospital he works for and he being a nurse there could have stayed with her but of course he had to start puking last night! Uhggg!!

I'm glad to know that it's worked for you. I hope this brings her the relief she's hoping for.

Love to you and all,

Trishy 🙏🙄❤️

Hi jwl,

Me too! I'm really trying to look at issues of why I went on benzos. You definitely learn to take better care of your health, body, mind, and soul, goi g through this. It's hard but I think it will be worth it! ❤

I think a lot of it is related to low gaba, serototin, and dopamine and is connected to something wrong with our methylation cycle. That's why we have such a hard time tapering because we're already low on calming neurotransmitters and benzos have caused our gaba recptors to down regulate. It's so unfair.

Ugh! It is unfair jwl. Our receptors are a mess. I dont know why they take so long to heal. When you drink say alcholically for years. You stop and you dont go through this. Same receptors too!

MARY THINKING OF YOU! I SENT YOU A PM. YOU'RE GOING TO BE GREAT TOMORROW MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND. I'LL BE THERE WITH YOU IN SPIRIT. WE ALL LOVE YOU HERE!

YOU GOT THIS GIRLFRIEND!  :thumbsup:

TRISHY 👭❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏

Ladies, I’m back again and scared. I’m on day 17 of my cycle... Racing heart beat and anxiety that won’t let me sleep. I can’t even get close. I was doing better sleep-wise, but now I’m back to this. I know estrogen is supposed to be low about now. Maybe that’s it? Have you had any issues mid-cycle?

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish l assume your daughter went through the procedure without incident?Lt really has actually helped a lot of people.l never had it myself however l probably could have done with it.How's your Son in law?l hope he is over the bug.l am delighted you are keeping yourself busy honey that is all any of us can do.l think we will all be grand as long as we do what we have been advised to do.I am doing ok as per.Limerick is beautiful however the locals are a little hard to understand they talk very fast 😵.l will be back when l get a chance.love you my lST X

Morning Suzy l have a number of friends who would say alcohol withdrawal and the aftermath is as bad.l think it's like benzo withdrawal many here seem to be able to CT several times before they find they can't.I think we all should work on our health we must tackle the original problem if we don't why on earth would we put ourselves through this.l also think this is the perfect time to do it.love you.X

Morning LWT how's your daughter?Has she heard anything regarding her job?l hope she gets the help she needs.love you.X

Morning Jasmine that is good news.Now remember if you have a bad day try not to panic it will get better.Patience and time will get you through.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary, Nova Esperanza Intend Final Gypsy Val Troch Olive NJ GP Ginger Meems Free Kit Boo and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hi Mel, it’s understandable to be scared because this thing takes over and the emotions and symptoms are so strong and feel permanent. I had a few days of revved up symptoms the last time I was ovulating... it passed... and now the last 3 days I have been so sick and incredibly unstable and today my period started. I’m so tired of feeling unstable like this. The Crying spells, feeling like it’s the end, it’s awful. What must we do for this to end!? I keep fantasizing about an imaginary old medicine woman coming to heal us all one by one. What mind tools are you guys using to survive?

Hi jas,

My daughter is in surgery as we speak. I'm a mother so what am I doing? Yes of course worrying 😩 my daughter is 34 yrs old I had hey when I was 22 she is still my little dolly, my baby girl. She had to go under general anesthesia and she has a metabolic disorder that causes high BP. She takes like 6 meds to control it so this is why I'm a wreck. I had to take her this morning and they won't let me stay. Her husband is home with my granddaughter bc he's throwing up! 🤦‍♀️ He is a nurse in the Fairfield county in Connecticut. My daughter is having this done in the hospital he works for and he being a nurse there could have stayed with her but of course he had to start puking last night! Uhggg!!

I'm glad to know that it's worked for you. I hope this brings her the relief she's hoping for.

Love to you and all,

Trishy 🙏🙄❤️

Oh Trishy, what a mess.  She will be fine, better than you.  :).  I can't believe he is sick now, damn.

You keep that mask on.  My med Dr doesn't allow anyone but patient, my heart Dr allows patient and 1 other person.    You hang tight girlfriend, over soon.  Stut said exactly what you said to me.  I couldn't help but laugh.  Love you!!  🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😘😷

Trying, I meditate my butt off when I’m feeling really bad. I use the Calm app and just do meditation after meditation. It helps a lot. I also walk around my neighborhood.

Jwl, how much L theanine do you take per day?

I'm taking 25 mg but I drink a lot of tea. When I was in BWD I think I was taking 2-300 mg. You might want to google recommended dose for benzo WD. Just remember more is not necessarily better and you'll want to gradually build up your dosage. I'm glad you're doing better and please be careful with glutamate rich foods. You can google those as well

Good morning Stut, my daughter is doing much better. Yes it looks like she'll be able to keep her job. We were afraid they only wanted to take her back so they could fire her (under FMLA you can't get fired), but she recorded her boss assuring her she won't be. So she'll be able to keep her health insurance while she has the many test and treatments to address her health. I've been going to AA with her and she found a really good sponsor. This has been an incredibly stressful week and I can't wait to get home

Thanks Stut,

I was one of the lucky ones. When I got sober 2x I did go to detox but I really only had emotional sx. Sort of like a roller coaster ride for a little while. I remember the first time I got sober at 29. I was taking benzos here and there not everyday. I think I stopped. I was shaking for a couple months. It was weird I had no idea what it was. I bet it was the benzo. If I stopped then I bet I would have been ok. Dammit, I wish I knew. My original issue is anxiety. It's funny, I still get that nervous feeling when I walk out the front door. I stop and think did I take the benzo, am I ok, will I e an anxiety attack, it's scary. The whole time I was on them it was like that. I was never like that before. I only felt that way at work, social situations, and around certain people.  Thata why I didnt want to stop. Ly Suzy

Hello everybody,

Hope you're all doing a bit better today.

I had a bit of a weird "accident" last week: I was mowing the lawn for the first time in over two years ( I have a gardener coming once a week). I stepped into a hole in the lawn and sprained an ankle and bruised a rib. Both are causing quite a lot of pain. On top of this my back is hurting more again . Ughh.

Sleep is still improving ( some 7,5 to 8 hours per night). I ride my bike almost every day. Walking is too painful right now.

Wishing us all everything we need!

Stay safe.

Trying2B, I’m so sorry. This truly is horrible. Do you get anxiety that keeps you up all night, too? My anxiety is way worse right now than Just 2 days ago. My body won’t calm down, not even for sleep. I’m scared I’ll get 0 hours again tonight. How do you cope with the anxiety?

I'm taking 25 mg but I drink a lot of tea. When I was in BWD I think I was taking 2-300 mg. You might want to google recommended dose for benzo WD. Just remember more is not necessarily better and you'll want to gradually build up your dosage. I'm glad you're doing better and please be careful with glutamate rich foods. You can google those as well

Jwl

So happy to hear that things for your daughter getting better.

I can't imagine how stressful this mus be. Where is her mom in all this?

I have am hyper active 5 years old and he wears me out.

I have been Taking 100mg of l theanine but bump it up to 200 yesterday and slept 10 hours. Def. Felt the difference. I was just wondering if this is a safe supplement to take that doesn't affect gaba.

Something else I’m going to be trying is the hug sleep pod. It’s basically like an adult swaddle blanket. I read the reviews and there’s actually someone in the reviews who was withdrawing from benzos and said it helped their sleep a lot. I’ll report back when I get mine and try it out. Another thing I’ve tried that helps, a hot bath as hot as you can stand it. Helps with inner restlessness and akathisia.

Jwl

So happy to hear that things for your daughter getting better.

I can't imagine how stressful this mus be. Where is her mom in all this?

I have am hyper active 5 years old and he wears me out.

I have been Taking 100mg of l theanine but bump it up to 200 yesterday and slept 10 hours. Def. Felt the difference. I was just wondering if this is a safe supplement to take that doesn't affect gaba.

It is a safe supplement, Jasmine but like I said not everybody can tolerate supplements of any kind.

Her mother agrees with the course of action we decided to take.

[09...]