Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Jasmine, I'm glad things are calming down for you. I really feel for all you girls who have to go through this once a month. You guys are true warriors.

I wouldn't get on a plane if they paid me. Being in such close quarters with people during covid and WD would freak me out

Jasmine, I'm glad things are calming down for you. I really feel for all you girls who have to go through this once a month. You guys are true warriors.

I wouldn't get on a plane if they paid me. Being in such close quarters with people during covid and WD would freak me out

Totally agree Jwl  :D

Hello again! Hi to my Blackpool Betty, Trishy. Hi to Mary. Hi to a new person to me - Jasmine.

Jasmine, I am also floating around the menopause/pre- menopause. It can't possibly make this thing easier. How old are you? I am 51. You ask me about how it's going cutting like I am. Well, it's okay. It got me down from 5mg to 4mg V. That was a 20% cut. As you read, I am now on 4,4,3,4,4,3. Today I didn't feel like doing anything but I have done quite a bit of housework now. I need to get into the garden and get rid of the weeds. I've had my pyjamas and dressing gown on all day. Perhaps I could still go out. Our garden is fairly sheltered. Yes, V has a long half-life so I'm not sure if cutting like I'm attempting to do would work with Xanax. You could try it, but I have reservations about it.

Trishy, I'd forgotten all about Posse!! 😂😂. Yes, I still have Tilly. Had she lost an eye last time I talked to you? Unfortunately, her other eye went the same way so now she is blind but seems happy enough. She is eating like a pig so that's a good sign. She is getting older now so she will never catch another mouse. Still, I'm glad about that. She likes wandering round the garden and sitting for a while just enjoying the fresh air. Did you get another dog? I remember you losing Mikayla. 😭😭

Mary, girlfriend! You know where I am!

Best wishes to everyone on this great thread!  Gilly/English xxx

Gilly, I'm glad to see you back in these realms. It's sad that tilly is blind but it's so sweet to hear that she seems happy in spite of it, enjoying food and the garden. I'm glad you're able to taper again.

Gnight everyone. In having busy days but I'll catch up eventually.

Hi gilly, have you felt any widthdrawal with this technique? I..am on valium 9 mg, just re instated and stabilizing.

I am 45, in peri. All my sister entered meno at around the same age.

Today is my best day so far. Besides some parastesia,  I am feeling almost normal. Did many things.

Went to the dentist, dropped off some paper work at my doc pffice, cleaned the harwood floor and installed a rug, did a laundry, cooked some food, had a zoom.meeting with my spych and a phone call with my therapist.

I have to write it all down to remember that these good moments are real!

Hello again! Hi to my Blackpool Betty, Trishy. Hi to Mary. Hi to a new person to me - Jasmine.

Jasmine, I am also floating around the menopause/pre- menopause. It can't possibly make this thing easier. How old are you? I am 51. You ask me about how it's going cutting like I am. Well, it's okay. It got me down from 5mg to 4mg V. That was a 20% cut. As you read, I am now on 4,4,3,4,4,3. Today I didn't feel like doing anything but I have done quite a bit of housework now. I need to get into the garden and get rid of the weeds. I've had my pyjamas and dressing gown on all day. Perhaps I could still go out. Our garden is fairly sheltered. Yes, V has a long half-life so I'm not sure if cutting like I'm attempting to do would work with Xanax. You could try it, but I have reservations about it.

Trishy, I'd forgotten all about Posse!! 😂😂. Yes, I still have Tilly. Had she lost an eye last time I talked to you? Unfortunately, her other eye went the same way so now she is blind but seems happy enough. She is eating like a pig so that's a good sign. She is getting older now so she will never catch another mouse. Still, I'm glad about that. She likes wandering round the garden and sitting for a while just enjoying the fresh air. Did you get another dog? I remember you losing Mikayla. 😭😭

Mary, girlfriend! You know where I am!

Best wishes to everyone on this great thread!  Gilly/English xxx

Hey English,

You put a big smile on my face today!  ;D I was so happy and excited to see that you had posted. It's been too long my old friend. I have really missed you around here.  :smitten:

I did not get a dog after Mikayla passed 😢 but I did try my hand at kittens. Unfortunately the timing was all wrong and I surrendered them back to the shelter. They were adorable though. I will probably adopt kittens again but I will make sure I'm ready and up for the task next time around.

I did know Tilly had one eye but I didn't know that she was blind now. I'm very sorry about that but if she's happy and content that's all that matters.

I feel like I have missed so much with you!  :D How are you doing? Are you and Dave still together? Are you still enjoying gardening? I know you seemed to really like it last time we talked. I take it Posse has moved on? Galloped away into the sunset with a Posse lass perhaps??  :laugh: :laugh: oh man those were the good old days we had a lot of laughs!  :D

Well before I write you a small book I'll shut up now ;);D but I do hope to see you around more often, it's truly been wonderful hearing from you my dear old friend. Sending you lots of hugs  :mybuddy:  :smitten: :smitten:

The one and only Blackpool Betty  :laugh:❤️❤️

Hi all you long holders,

Hope you're doing  better today.

My wave lasted a week. Now another window is open wide. Feeling much better again. Riding my bike almost every day. Started to go for short walks again. Doing much better overall, now that the nausea and stomach pain are gone again.

Wishing you all real improvement.

Stay strong!

Hi all you long holders,

Hope you're doing  better today.

My wave lasted a week. Now another window is open wide. Feeling much better again. Riding my bike almost every day. Started to go for short walks again. Doing much better overall, now that the nausea and stomach pain are gone again.

Wishing you all real improvement.

Stay strong!

Morning Troch that is good news woohoo 🎊🎉. Just take it as it comes honey we can't stop the waves however we can change the way we deal with them and you certainly have which really is our best weapon.Well done.love you.X

Oh, also hi to jwl. Nice to meet you. Hello to my old pals Stut and Cant as well. Best wishes to you all. xxx

Morning Gilly welcome back my lovely.Now what's new with you?l hope you have been doing better since you were last here? How's young Dave getting on? How's your mum and daughter? You haven't missed much here just the usual withdrawal 😵.As for possey how could you?l trusted you to look after her 😠.l should have known when you thought she was a he 😕. love you.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.l haven't caught up with everyone however l really hope everyone is holding their own.

Morning Trish l hope you are calm after your kids visit. I think you must be firm but really think they will do what they want.lf it happens again just turn them away.That will send the message loud and clear.Sadly we are coming into autumn and viruses will be rife so l can actually see this happening more and more.l hope you are feeling ok my lovely?Still crafting?l am still in Galway it is pissing atm so l am taking an hour to myself.All much the same this end no change.I have been talking to my boss and have told him l am taking another week 😉.Why not l may as well as the numbers are flying up and l probably won't get time off in the foreseeable.l will probably travel a bit further on Sunday.l can say it has had its moments however on the whole it's been a welcome change.Will drop back in when l can.love you my lST X

. Morning Val sorry to read the dizziness is back have to say it is a difficult symptom to deal with.You would think l would be used to it by now sadly not.Hang in there honey hopefully it will ease off.love you.X

Morning Jasmine you do sound better.l think the hardest part of trying to stabilise is the yo-yoing of symptoms this is very common and given enough time it will settle down.Try honey to work on the anxiety as catastrophic thinking will make this so much worse.love you.X

Morning NJ l am so sorry your son hasn't improved hopefully with time they will be able to improve his condition.l really hope your test results are clear.Let us know how they go please.l know you are suffering honey however please find time to work on yourself.love you.X

Good morning JWL, Suzy lady Mary,Free, Ginger,GP, Olive Meems, Esperanza, Nova Miyu Final Bill, Intend and everyone here sending you my love.X

I’m supposed to start my period today. I’ve slept like crap the last two nights and kept having hot and cold flashes last night. I wish my body would just get this show on the road already.  :laugh: :laugh:

trying: Ok I need you to explain this..does ibuprofen affect your tinnitus? I have the whooshing tinnitus but it is so mild now and comes and goes.

Hi Trina, so happy for you that the whooshing tinnitus comes and goes now... that’s fantastic. I have the hissing/electric sound and it’s also lowered in intensity over the last week. I don’t think the ibuprofen makes it worse but I stopped taking it because I didn’t want to risk it... I assume your T doesn’t get affected by the ibuprofen... maybe I should try taking it again and see.. my period is due soon.

Thank you, Stut!

Always looking forward to hear from you.

Your supporting words mean the world to me.

Hope you're doing better again.

Have a wonderful day! Love you.

TS

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in awhile but I do keep up to date with this group, usually during breakfast every day. My little ritual.

I'm in Portland, living in a great place and doing pretty well. I still have off days for sure, but nothing like it was. We are all warriors for making it through this!

Hey Stut, always great to read your posts. Mary, I'm sorry about that spill! Sound so frustrating! Trishy, I do hope you get kittens again sometime, we would all love that! Hey Gilly, I remember you! Troch, so glad you are feeling good this week! Keep it up! VNM, busy days are good, yes? SO many endless days of nothing during acute.. Jasmine, JWL, glad you are with us.. everyone else.. GP, Suzy.. so many I'm not listing here.. much love to you!

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.l haven't caught up with everyone however l really hope everyone is holding their own.

Morning Trish l hope you are calm after your kids visit. I think you must be firm but really think they will do what they want.lf it happens again just turn them away.That will send the message loud and clear.Sadly we are coming into autumn and viruses will be rife so l can actually see this happening more and more.l hope you are feeling ok my lovely?Still crafting?l am still in Galway it is pissing atm so l am taking an hour to myself.All much the same this end no change.I have been talking to my boss and have told him l am taking another week 😉.Why not l may as well as the numbers are flying up and l probably won't get time off in the foreseeable.l will probably travel a bit further on Sunday.l can say it has had its moments however on the whole it's been a welcome change.Will drop back in when l can.love you my lST X

. Morning Val sorry to read the dizziness is back have to say it is a difficult symptom to deal with.You would think l would be used to it by now sadly not.Hang in there honey hopefully it will ease off.love you.X

Morning Jasmine you do sound better.l think the hardest part of trying to stabilise is the yo-yoing of symptoms this is very common and given enough time it will settle down.Try honey to work on the anxiety as catastrophic thinking will make this so much worse.love you.X

Morning NJ l am so sorry your son hasn't improved hopefully with time they will be able to improve his condition.l really hope your test results are clear.Let us know how they go please.l know you are suffering honey however please find time to work on yourself.love you.X

Good morning JWL, Suzy lady Mary,Free, Ginger,GP, Olive Meems, Esperanza, Nova Miyu Final Bill, Intend and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hi my dearest twin,

Oh man Stut my kids!!  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: I will beat all their asses if they do that again! I am going to make myself very clear this Sunday when they come over and if they're not feeling well that day I'll show them the door 🤬

Anywho lady, I've been crafting my brains out 😂😂 I absolutely love to make things with my own hands and it's an awesome distraction. I'm feeling ok with the exception of some heart palps but I think this is how it's going to be 🤷 I don't know if I'll cut this month but if not definitely next month. My goal is to get rid of another quarter of a pill by December, definitely doable. That way half the .25 pill will be gone. I will be taking 3 and 1/2 pills total daily. Then in the New year God willing I will shoot to eliminate the other half of that pill. That will bring me to .75 in dosage. Still a long way to

go but what can ya do? 🤷

I think it's great that you are out and about and not letting your boss dictate when you go back to work. You take your time and enjoy yourself you certainly deserve it! Buy me something in Galway  :D I like shiny things :laugh: :laugh:

Be safe out there woman and enjoy!

Love you, LST ❤️

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in awhile but I do keep up to date with this group, usually during breakfast every day. My little ritual.

I'm in Portland, living in a great place and doing pretty well. I still have off days for sure, but nothing like it was. We are all warriors for making it through this!

Hey Stut, always great to read your posts. Mary, I'm sorry about that spill! Sound so frustrating! Trishy, I do hope you get kittens again sometime, we would all love that! Hey Gilly, I remember you! Troch, so glad you are feeling good this week! Keep it up! VNM, busy days are good, yes? SO many endless days of nothing during acute.. Jasmine, JWL, glad you are with us.. everyone else.. GP, Suzy.. so many I'm not listing here.. much love to you!

Hey Olive! Good to hear from you lady. Sounds like your happy in Portland, good for you! I want to hear some adventures your having even if you have to make them up, I need to live vicariously through someone 😂😂

I will probably get kitties again but that's a ways down the road. I love them they're so cute 🤗

Love ya woman,

Trishy ❤️

Hey olive! It's nice to see you again. We were talking about forming a choir. You're the only professional singer here so we need you to take the lead.

Jwl I spent three months last summer with barely any sleep. Many nights with 0-2 hours of sleep and brain jolts that prevented me from getting any rest. All I did was pace the house all night. That's why I'm going so slowly now, after that nightmare. I thought it'd never end.

Hey olive! It's nice to see you again. We were talking about forming a choir. You're the only professional singer here so we need you to take the lead.

Jwl I spent three months last summer with barely any sleep. Many nights with 0-2 hours of sleep and brain jolts that prevented me from getting any rest. All I did was pace the house all night. That's why I'm going so slowly now, after that nightmare. I thought it'd never end.

Oh man V, sorry you had to go through that. Of all the symptoms, I think insomnia was the worst. Without sleep you can't function during the day and most importantly, sleep is when your body heals and recharges.

I had to drive to Colorado to help my daughter who's having drug problems. She was doing so well for about 2 years, had a good job, but relapsed a few days ago. It seems it usually starts with alcohol and then a downward spiral into other drugs. Do you think we're genetically predisposed to drugs and can even pass it on to our children? I'm not sure if I want to recommend rehab. This will be her third time and I'm not sure if it'll help. Any advice?

Jwl, Yes, I think a component of addiction is genetic just like mental illness, (depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder)

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope that she will recover quickly this time.

It is good that she has relapsed for only a few days and that you are able to act swiftly

My grandfather was addicted to opium in vietnam

My father was slcoholic

My mother was addicted to cigarette and died of lung cancer

I have 2 siblings who are bipolar and a nephew who is schizophrenic.

I had an eating disorder for 11 years (it is mostly a symptoms of anxiety )

My daughter is showing sign of OCD at 9 years old already.

I am grateful for the medication that are available but not for the addictive ones.

[03...]