The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi dear Stutt, thanks for giving me feedback.

As you kept tapering in spite of having symptoms like I have, why do you think I should wait for two years? I'm really interested in your opinion.

I'm glad you're having such a great trip, and a bit jealous. Yes you're right, everyone tells me you don't stop worrying when kids grow but I prefer to keep dreaming about it 😂

Morning my lovely l am different from you because and l know people don't believe in tolerance here however l did have a lot of withdrawal symptoms when on the diazepam so my only option was off if that makes sense.I don't think tolerance is the same for everyone so please understand l am not saying you or anyone here will experience what l experienced.

In other words l tapered because l had to taper.l also wasn't tapering two meds which l would say l don't believe anyone should do.l know enough about withdrawal of psych meds to advise that there should be a very long time between tapers to allow the brain to heal.Your brain really hasn't had a long time to adjust so mainly that's why l would say perhaps you should hold and hold for a long time.

I am functional yes but no where near where l would like to be.Your brain has had a lot of changes in a very short space of time so to allow for stability it actually makes sense to give your brain time to settle down.l know it seems a long time to you however the brain is trying to stabilise and really cutting now is just causing more problems.X

Hi dear Stutt, thanks for giving me feedback.

As you kept tapering in spite of having symptoms like I have, why do you think I should wait for two years? I'm really interested in your opinion.

I'm glad you're having such a great trip, and a bit jealous. Yes you're right, everyone tells me you don't stop worrying when kids grow but I prefer to keep dreaming about it 😂

Morning my lovely l am different from you because and l know people don't believe in tolerance here however l did have a lot of withdrawal symptoms when on the diazepam so my only option was off if that makes sense.I don't think tolerance is the same for everyone so please understand l am not saying you or anyone here will experience what l experienced.

In other words l tapered because l had to taper.l also wasn't tapering two meds which l would say l don't believe anyone should do.l know enough about withdrawal of psych meds to advise that there should be a very long time between tapers to allow the brain to heal.Your brain really hasn't had a long time to adjust so mainly that's why l would say perhaps you should hold and hold for a long time.

I am functional yes but no where near where l would like to be.Your brain has had a lot of changes in a very short space of time so to allow for stability it actually makes sense to give your brain time to settle down.l know it seems a long time to you however the brain is trying to stabilise and really cutting now is just causing more problems.X

Thank you Stutt  :smitten: :smitten:

It's so nice to see you post always. I'll keep holding. You mean there are no tanned surfers then? I'm not too picky. I'm fine with a 60 y/0 ex surfer who can only walk along the beach now due to some surf injury  :laugh:. If you see one that matches my search and still has all his teeth, or implants, please let me know. ;)

Hi Stut,

Yes I am feeling the wd. It's better but the anxiety is up. I'm ok though. Ugh. He was a nice guy, I guess I didnt feel good enough. I def have a pattern of choosing men that isn't so good. I know. I try to figure out why, maybe it is low self esteem. I'm not sure how I feel about Jim. I just cant do a breakup now and hes the only one who stuck by me when going through this. Idk. I haven't been alone in a while. Maybe the most a few years, but I was living at home and had a family, so it wasn't so bad. I just woke up, hope I'm making sense, plus I have to go take my dose of poison! Love you Suzy

Hi all  :hug: I'm having a go at making this as its simple plus we're supposed to avoid yeast as its ''Free glutamate''  which is  :D :D :D in withdrawal, but ''Bound glutamate'' isn't a problem for us  at all, its the ''Free' you need to  try avoid, although some people may be OK with it or a small amount a time, but personally I'd rather try and avoid it. 

And its quick simple and easy, plus it looks tasty too!!  :) And I miss bread!!!!  :tickedoff: Got it from here....  https://www.recipetineats.com/easy-soft-flatbread-yeast/  I also cut the amount down to 1/3 of all the ingredients as the full recipe would be way too much for just me, as it makes 4 large pieces, and thought maybe some of you would like to give it a try as its quick and easy to do  :thumbsup: Will let you know how mine turns out  ;)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Stack of easy soft flatbread no yeast

Easy Soft Flatbread (No Yeast)

Author: Nagi | RecipeTin Eats

Prep: 5 mins

Cook: 10 mins

Total: 15 mins

Flatbread

Greek, Mediterranean

Servings 4 large pieces

Recipe video above. The dough for this recipe is ridiculously easy to make with only a minute or two of kneading. The bread is soft and pliable so it's perfect for using as a wrap, stuffed with whatever takes your fancy. It's also a great make ahead recipe - the dough keeps for around 3 days. See NOTES for substitutions, including using GLUTEN FREE flour. 30 minute resting time.

Recipe VIDEO below.

Ingredients

2 cups / 300g plain flour (all purpose flour) (level cups, unsifted, not packed), + keep 1/4 cup extra for dusting & adjusting dough

1/2 tsp salt

3 1/2 tbsp / 50g butter (1.75 oz)

3/4 cup / 185 ml milk

1/2 tbsp oil (for cooking)

Instructions

Combine butter and milk and heat until butter is just melted - on stove or in microwave.

Combine 2 cups flour, salt, butter and milk.

Sprinkle work surface with flour then knead for a few minutes until it is smooth - it doesn't need much kneading. Add extra flour if the dough is too sticky.

Wrap with cling wrap and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes or so.

Dust bench top with flour, cut dough into 4 pieces, roll into balls, then roll out into about 1/8" / 0.3cm thick rounds.

Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a non stick pan over medium heat - or lower if you have a heavy based skillet. (Note 1)

Place one flatbread in the pan, cook for around 1- 1 1/2 minutes - it should bubble up (see photo in post)- then flip and cook the other side, pressing down if it puffs up. There should be a smallish golden brown spots on both sides.

Stack the cooked bread and keep wrapped with a tea towel - the moisture helps soften the surface, making them even more pliable.

Continue to cook with remaining pieces.

Optional: Brush or spray bread with olive oil or melted butter, for a more luxurious finish. Or even with melted butter mixed with minced garlic for a garlic butter version!

Recipe Notes:

1. Higher heat and the thinner the dough = crispier crust, though still pliable inside, the thin crispy crust on the outside might crack when you roll it. This is how I make naan. The larger darker brown spots on the bread (see image in post) make it look like authentic naan, just like what you get at Indian restaurants!

2. STORING: Dough keeps in the refrigerator for around 3 days. Tip: Roll out the rounds, ready to cook. Just make sure you use baking paper or cling wrap to keep the pieces separated, flour will not suffice.

Cooked breads keep really well in the freezer!

3. Works great with WHOLE WHEAT flour, does not work with almond flour. See note 4 for Gluten Free.

4. Dairy free / vegan substitutions: A reader tried the original recipe then reported back that it also worked just as great substituting the butter with olive oil and almond milk for the dairy milk to make it a vegan / dairy free version. Brilliant! Another reader has also made this with coconut oil and reported it works great.

5. This works pretty well with Gluten Free flour. You may need a bit of extra flour to roll it out - just add more as required. The texture is a bit different - a bit chewy, and you may not be able to roll them out into neat rounds like pictured.

6. Use this for: Gyros, Souvlaki, as naan for curries like Butter Chicken, Chickpea Curry or Beef Rendang.

7. Recipe source: Flatbread by Julie Goodwin.

8. UPDATE: Recipe quantity halved following reader feedback and because I find myself making half batches more often too!

9. Nutrition per flatbread.

Easy Soft Flatbread (No Yeast) Nutrition

Well what a fine bunch we are  :o

Bonty: I noticed on your signature you seem to be holding at a low dose:) It looks like you are maybe closer to a jump? Curious about your plans:)

Hope you feel more balanced out soon! :smitten:

Trying: you're always so encouraging!

Kits: hugs..we know...

Celebratory dinner on me when we all get to the other side of this!

Jwl, I had a question for you about MTHFR. When you were tested for it, did it show you had both mutations or just one?

I have both A and C mutations which confirmed my health problems. How about you? Did you do 23 & Me?

Jwl, I had a question for you about MTHFR. When you were tested for it, did it show you had both mutations or just one?

I have both A and C mutations which confirmed my health problems. How about you? Did you do 23 & Me?

I had the GeneSight test done for psychotropic medication done after a bad reaction to Zoloft. It only tested for one of the two and I didn’t have it. I didn’t know 23&Me offered it. I have a couple testing kits from them for ancestry and health, not sure if that includes MTHFR.

I agree girls, guys can be such assholes, selfish and self-centered  :). BTW my name is Jim too  :o

V. thanks for your concern. I would never push anything on my daughter unless she agreed. It was her who felt rehab would be a waste and agreed go see a doc to address her underlining health problems that may contribute to her addictive behavior. She also acknowledged that she has PTSD and wants to see a psychiatrist/hypotherapist so we are planning that as well.

Jim, I am a recovering alcoholic.  I went to rehab and it did wonders for me.  I hope your daughter does well with her plan.  You're a good guy and dad!!  🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘

Does MTHFR mean that your liver doesn't process valium efficently? I had a test done and she told me that I was okay with lexapro and valium

I don't think so Jasmine. MTHFR mutations can lead to high homocystine which can cause a lot of health problems the most important for us being depression, anxiety, bipolar.  MTHFR is an important component in the production of dopamine and seretonin.

Does MTHFR mean that your liver doesn't process valium efficently? I had a test done and she told me that I was okay with lexapro and valium

The MTHFR mutations affect the way we metabolize drugs as well as how well our bodies make things like neurotransmitters. The test you had done probably only tested for one if it tested for them at all. There are numerous genes that affect how we metabolize drugs, for me lexapro is on the no-list, but Valium is fine.

So how knowing that we have this mutation will help us with withdrawal?

I have been doing really good by the way. I even went for a bike ride with the kids yesterday. Sleep is between 7 to 9 hours. Blood pressure went back to.120/80.

So how knowing that we have this mutation will help us with withdrawal?

I have been doing really good by the way. I even went for a bike ride with the kids yesterday. Sleep is between 7 to 9 hours. Blood pressure went back to.120/80.

That's great Jasmine!!  One way, you can find out if you are  fast metabolizer.  So say you are taking Xanax, which already has a short half life, would fly through your system.  It would be a bad combination.  :(

I think they should test people before they prescribe. It would save time and money. I do t think they should ever prescribe benzo long term anyway.

I think they should test people before they prescribe. It would save time and money. I do t think they should ever prescribe benzo long term anyway.

I agree. I wouldn’t be on a benzo if they had tested me before prescribing Zoloft. They would’ve known I’d have a bad reaction and prescribed something else.

You're right D. Unfortunately it took a health crisis for me to look at the underlining problems that caused me to get on benzos. The search not only helped me as far as WDs go but also in getting my health back.

Hello LHSG,

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been on much lately so not sure what everyone is up to. I'm plugging along. Keeping busy everyday as best I can. Keep up the good fight LHSG'ers :thumbsup:

Hey Mary, how are you girlfriend? When is the heart test? Is that in two days?? Don't worry you're going to ace it!  :thumbsup: How's the gerd? Are you feeling better? Did you figure out when to take the gaviscon?

Be well my people,

Trishy ❤️

Hello LHSG,

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been on much lately so not sure what everyone is up to. I'm plugging along. Keeping busy everyday as best I can. Keep up the good fight LHSG'ers :thumbsup:

Hey Mary, how are you girlfriend? When is the heart test? Is that in two days?? Don't worry you're going to ace it!  :thumbsup: How's the gerd? Are you feeling better? Did you figure out when to take the gaviscon?

Be well my people,

Trishy ❤️

Hey TT, don't have everything figured out but working on it  ;). Yes , Thursday heart appointment, 😑

You sound good, missed ya, I wasn't on a lot last week either.  As DD said , she was feeling anti social, me too.  :laugh: :laugh:    LY much girlfriend!!    🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😘😘😷😷

[5b...]