The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Now forgive me if l miss anyone it's not intentional.

Morning Ginger congratulations honey you are getting low woohoo 🎊👏. Just don't rush and hold as long as you need to.l know you have only a certain amount of benzo to work with however I think this is doable.Keep on plodding on my lovely you have got this.PS no it ain't benzo brain where my twiny is concerned 🤔😉. love you.X

Morning Twiny how is my wee dote doing?Awe l wish it were me 😃. When are you doing your cut my lovely?That sounds doable however do not rush the next cut.Palps are very common both with a taper and with anxiety.Try to keep the caffeine down if you can.Do it gradually as you can get withdrawal symptoms with caffeine very similar to benzo withdrawal.Keep well my lovely and look after my new great nephew.Will be back when l can.love you my lST.X

. Morning Kit welcome honey l am sorry you are struggling with the lower doses.l think l can safely say l have found them extremely tricky.At different level of suffering you might say.The only way l have been able to get down is by going extremely slowly and letting things cycle through during long holds.lt has been hard and many times l have even thought l can't do this however here l am and l am so glad l persevered.You have very good support so that's a bonus.Just be patient my lovely and let the withdrawal symptoms guide you.love you.X

Morning BLK this updose will take a while to help please try not to foretell how long it will take.l think it makes everything so much worse and can cause us to lose hope.This whole process takes as long as it takes no one can or should try to predict anything.l also would suggest you don't alternate your dose.l think it causes more problems moving forward.Just my view honey.love to you.X

Morning Suzy try not to worry pet l know you are thinking there is more to this than withdrawal sadly there isn't.The best any of us can do is try to find ways to get through each day.That will have to be enough for now.Remember to work on that damned anxiety.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary well Hen l really hope the noise doesn't start up today 😵.Get the earphones on and remember to breathe 😳.l am ok just the same as last week.Haven't made it to the beach can't get a day that isn't raining.Maybe this week.Just taking this day by day.The family are all well and the puppers are doing ok.My friends are struggling and my wee visitor is up and down.l must say she is a very strong little lady.l am ok not great but hanging in there.l hope my friend Tim is doing well? Give my Sly a buttpop from me.l will probably be on next week sometime.love you my lady Mary HenX.

Morning Nova my AS l really hope you turn a corner with a very long hold.Now l will say this l have watched you for years trying to get off this poison so this time I don't care your head falls off please continue to hold.You must give this the best chance possible.l really think it will help.love you my AS.X

Morning Troch just stay put until things settle.l know we all tend to get ahead of ourselves however it always bites us on the ass.Patience my lovely.love you.X

Morning GP sorry your suffering honey.lt will pass just hang in there.love you.X

. Morning Olive enjoy your break.You deserve it.love you.X

Morning NJ l am so sorry to read this.l really wish they could get your son's treatment right.l am not surprised your mood and anxiety is up this is such a struggle for you and your family

Let us know how your call to the doctor goes.love you.X

.To everyone else sending you my love.X

hey stut

thanksfr the kinds words . ill definetly give the updose some time and try not too think about it. now im obssesing about interdose withdrawl i never had any from clonazepam but now because im obsessing over it im actually feeling symptoms but im sure its all in my head. much love to everyone

stay strong and try to stay positive

I’ve been a wreck lately. It’s so hard to stay positive with the world the way it is. I need to get grounded again somehow. Any tips.

I’ve been a wreck lately. It’s so hard to stay positive with the world the way it is. I need to get grounded again somehow. Any tips.

Morning Stephen so sorry you are feeling unwell l think you will find most people are feeling unsettled we haven't faced this situation so it is in some way normal to feel a bit nervous.I myself don't listen to the news or read the papers.l Google the numbers and that is it.l also go out which actually helps me tremendously.l go and see my family and friends following safety measures ofcourse and that also helps.l feel l am adapting well however on occasion l can become overwhelmed however it passes.l know this isn't a lot however it keeps me grounded.Hang in there honey.love to you.X

Now forgive me if l miss anyone it's not intentional.

Morning Ginger congratulations honey you are getting low woohoo 🎊👏. Just don't rush and hold as long as you need to.l know you have only a certain amount of benzo to work with however I think this is doable.Keep on plodding on my lovely you have got this.PS no it ain't benzo brain where my twiny is concerned 🤔😉. love you.X

Morning Twiny how is my wee dote doing?Awe l wish it were me 😃. When are you doing your cut my lovely?That sounds doable however do not rush the next cut.Palps are very common both with a taper and with anxiety.Try to keep the caffeine down if you can.Do it gradually as you can get withdrawal symptoms with caffeine very similar to benzo withdrawal.Keep well my lovely and look after my new great nephew.Will be back when l can.love you my lST.X

. Morning Kit welcome honey l am sorry you are struggling with the lower doses.l think l can safely say l have found them extremely tricky.At different level of suffering you might say.The only way l have been able to get down is by going extremely slowly and letting things cycle through during long holds.lt has been hard and many times l have even thought l can't do this however here l am and l am so glad l persevered.You have very good support so that's a bonus.Just be patient my lovely and let the withdrawal symptoms guide you.love you.X

Morning BLK this updose will take a while to help please try not to foretell how long it will take.l think it makes everything so much worse and can cause us to lose hope.This whole process takes as long as it takes no one can or should try to predict anything.l also would suggest you don't alternate your dose.l think it causes more problems moving forward.Just my view honey.love to you.X

Morning Suzy try not to worry pet l know you are thinking there is more to this than withdrawal sadly there isn't.The best any of us can do is try to find ways to get through each day.That will have to be enough for now.Remember to work on that damned anxiety.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary well Hen l really hope the noise doesn't start up today 😵.Get the earphones on and remember to breathe 😳.l am ok just the same as last week.Haven't made it to the beach can't get a day that isn't raining.Maybe this week.Just taking this day by day.The family are all well and the puppers are doing ok.My friends are struggling and my wee visitor is up and down.l must say she is a very strong little lady.l am ok not great but hanging in there.l hope my friend Tim is doing well? Give my Sly a buttpop from me.l will probably be on next week sometime.love you my lady Mary HenX.

Morning Nova my AS l really hope you turn a corner with a very long hold.Now l will say this l have watched you for years trying to get off this poison so this time I don't care your head falls off please continue to hold.You must give this the best chance possible.l really think it will help.love you my AS.X

Morning Troch just stay put until things settle.l know we all tend to get ahead of ourselves however it always bites us on the ass.Patience my lovely.love you.X

Morning GP sorry your suffering honey.lt will pass just hang in there.love you.X

. Morning Olive enjoy your break.You deserve it.love you.X

Morning NJ l am so sorry to read this.l really wish they could get your son's treatment right.l am not surprised your mood and anxiety is up this is such a struggle for you and your family

Let us know how your call to the doctor goes.love you.X

.To everyone else sending you my love.X

hey stut

thanksfr the kinds words . ill definetly give the updose some time and try not too think about it. now im obssesing about interdose withdrawl i never had any from clonazepam but now because im obsessing over it im actually feeling symptoms but im sure its all in my head. much love to everyone

stay strong and try to stay positive

Good morning BLk l think fixation is definitely one of the symptoms that we all share not really much we can do about it.l have to say one thing l would suggest is that you become comfortable with anxiety.Sadly it is one of the most common withdrawal symptoms.l know it is hard to do however we each of us have to develop ways of dealing with it.ln other words lose the fear of fear.l find accepting anxiety and finding ways to distract very helpful also watching my thoughts as helped a lot.You will find your way honey but it takes work and patience.love to you.X

Morning Trish well twiny not doing too well at the moment l see.Twiny why do you think you are the one that has to keep everyone safe?That is not your responsibility my lovely the children have their parents for that which they are doing regardless of the pandemic.l think as per this is to do with your need for control? Sadly it's a myth sweetheart and l have told you on many occasions you need to step back and stop thinking you can control anything other than yourself.Now as for your daughter the results will come back and you as a family will deal with whatever you must.I believe she is fine so try not to get ahead of yourself.Trish you have so much to be grateful for so instead of worrying about the future celebrate what you have now.If you don't l will come over there and kick your ass 😵😉. Just saying.love you my lST Xo

Morning Suzy l know you have health anxiety which is never going to be easy to deal with when we have a pandemic so keep on working hard on coping strategies.l also believe accepting anxiety and not trying to push it away is more helpful than anything else.l know you are struggling honey but you will get through this.love you.X

Morning Nova l will be here anytime you need me.l think we all have to find our way.I know time will help you honey just allow everything to settle down.love you my AS.X

Morning Lady Mary awe Hen l have a feeling your migraine is back.Hang in there honey.Sending you a massive hug.love you my lady Mary HenX

Love and hugs to all here.X

Oh stut thank you! The anxiety os awful. You are right. I forgot by not excepting it gives it more power. Im going to work on coping skills. Back to my walks. You sound so good like you. Im so happy. Be safe! Ly Suzy

Morning Trish well twiny not doing too well at the moment l see.Twiny why do you think you are the one that has to keep everyone safe?That is not your responsibility my lovely the children have their parents for that which they are doing regardless of the pandemic.l think as per this is to do with your need for control? Sadly it's a myth sweetheart and l have told you on many occasions you need to step back and stop thinking you can control anything other than yourself.Now as for your daughter the results will come back and you as a family will deal with whatever you must.I believe she is fine so try not to get ahead of yourself.Trish you have so much to be grateful for so instead of worrying about the future celebrate what you have now.If you don't l will come over there and kick your ass 😵😉. Just saying.love you my lST Xo

Morning Suzy l know you have health anxiety which is never going to be easy to deal with when we have a pandemic so keep on working hard on coping strategies.l also believe accepting anxiety and not trying to push it away is more helpful than anything else.l know you are struggling honey but you will get through this.love you.X

Morning Nova l will be here anytime you need me.l think we all have to find our way.I know time will help you honey just allow everything to settle down.love you my AS.X

Morning Lady Mary awe Hen l have a feeling your migraine is back.Hang in there honey.Sending you a massive hug.love you my lady Mary HenX

Love and hugs to all here.X

Thank you my AS  :hug: I love you too :smitten: I am a walking disaster at the moment ::) I bloody slashed my thumb with a Stanley knife on Friday  the whole length while trying to cut a box up for recycling, it needed stitches but I've managed to use steri strips on it to close it as I can't go to hospital as I been unable to get into a vehicle in 5 year's I can't tolerate the sound and vibration its agony  :smitten: but i'm now stuck one handed trying to do stuff and it was bad enough with 2 plus being in a hell wave :D

Annyhoo,  i've managed to do what needs to be done eg/; keep an eye on it and change the dressings, make sure its covered but can breathe as it needs moisture to repair the skin as well as air.

But its not to be exposed to the  air as it will dry out too quickly and that will cause more problems as the tissue tries to reconnect so its got to be kept moist but no too moist either, as that can cause an infection of its too moist all the time . So I am grateful I was able to do that, and have the stuff I needed to do it here as well, Steri-strips I had to send for but I am grateful I was able to do that too as well as grateful have the money to pay for them  I had the same shit when I broke my foot last November, I had to treat it at home myself and its no joke when you live alone with no help or support, but it turned out OK in the end, ist just healing is prolonged in withdrawal, and I'm nearly a year past free bus pass age now as well  :laugh:  And  I'm also worrying about my kid sister whose very ill and going into hospital  for an operation+biopsy on Thursday.

She also has a are syndrome that kicked or was actually discovered a few year's ago after getting lots of misdiagnoses called ''Acromagaly'' which has also tripped of Autoimmune illnesses in her as well. I am pissed off I can't even visit her at home  as I'm too unwell myself and housebound as my symptoms are severe, plus I can't hack people being here as I'm hypersensitive to everything, light,  sound even from a long distance away,  ear plugs are agony and noise cancellation headphones don't agree with me and my scalp  heads super sensitive anyway, i can't  touch, vibration,  smells, peoples deodorant shampoo, fabric softer and detergent on their clothes  kills me, and just their actual personal smell in some cases    :D And although I am truly grateful I am able to do it, as otherwise I'd be dead as I can't get out  go shopping,  I hate it on food delivery day as the delivery people seem to wash in the strongest smelling  crap invented .  :o

ANYWAY I ENJOYED THAT MOAN AND I AM STILL ALIVE ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW EFFING HOW AS I FEEL LIKE I'M DYING WITH THE SYMPTOMS MOST DAYS MAN!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All any of us can do is ride the storm, pray, hang on, breathe and accept it is what it is, and some days its easier to do that than others for EVERYONE, but we're all still here, holding on and fighting and accepting, feeling hopeful, feeling hopeless, which makes us ALL normal in Benzo withdrawal terms that's just the way it is.

One day it will all change for the better and remember its OK not to feel OK sometimes as much as trying to distract or finding a positive is. I try to find something to be grateful for every day even if its just 1 thing like not being on the streets, or in prison and going through this hell at the same time?? I also worry about people who are in that position, it truly could be a lot worse as hellish as we feel we have it on times.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey NJ,

Nice to see a post from you but sad to hear that your son is still going through this sh*t. I'm sure you are ready to just pull your hair out, I would be. Stay strong and I will be sending up those prayers once again for your son. This is just awful that this poor young man has not gotten a real solution yet. ☹️

Stay strong my friend.

Trishy ❤️

Trishy, today is his 18th birthday and I am just so sad that he isn't feeling well. He also wasn't feeling well for his birthday last year. I am just so tired of this. I know I sound like a child, but I want this all to go away. And I am now getting nervous about school in the fall, I am beginning to think it won't reopen and this just sucks for all of the kids everywhere.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's biopsy. I had all those tests done years ago for heavy bleeding and they never found anything so hopefully it will be the same with your daughter.

Hey stut I will try to stop fighting it and just accept it . No point in freaking out doesn't solve anything. Thanks so much have a great day

Hi everyone,

I slept pretty bad last night. It was awful. I felt as if I was going to die or something. Very restless, heart palps. Is this normal. I'm afraid to sleep now. I'm sorry, I dont want to scare anyone.

Hey stut I will try to stop fighting it and just accept it . No point in freaking out doesn't solve anything. Thanks so much have a great day

Hi BH  :hug:  when that happens to me I tell myself its just a sensation its a discomfort but it can't hurt  me it's I have been here and through this many times before, it will pass as it always does it will not harm me accept it and know it will pass it's just a pain in the arse. And just try to be with it and breathe through it and sometimes getting up and going into another room helps or on the very rare occasions I'm able I go for a walk and it's usually very early hours of the morning like 4am.

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone,

I slept pretty bad last night. It was awful. I felt as if I was going to die or something. Very restless, heart palps. Is this normal. I'm afraid to sleep now. I'm sorry, I dont want to scare anyone.

Hi D  :hug: yes it's normal withdrawal symptoms and very common I get the same thing happening and so do many others and I do what I advised BH on my last post before this one :) it can't harm you although it feels like hell it will pass. When I had bad palpitations before I found somtimes a small dose of magnesium citrate Powder would help but now I just try to do what I mentioned in my other post and allow it to come and pass as it always does. Remember you been here before got through it, and it will pass again and again until eventually it will go and not come back any more.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi nova,

Thank you. Itsbeen on my mind all day. Th ed n I panicked. It was awful nightmares ugh. That is what I will do. I swear just when you thi k it's bad something bad weirder pops up. I am sorry you are struggling. I hope your sx ease up soon. Thank you so much. ❤🙏

Hey twin!

My kids have a nick name for me, they call me Gemma :laugh: :laugh: if you have seen SOA then you know what I'm talking about. I'm the "fixer" in the family. When sh*t hits the fan they run to me to fix it and I do. I hate this about me but I've yet to learn how to stop it. I have always worried about "what if" and try to have a plan. It's crazy I know, I'm a complete control freak. If I could just let go and let God as they say. I'm a worrier by nature and I'm the glue in the family. I run the ship and hold everybody together.. As best I can of course. I get the point though, they are adults and they are parents and it's their responsibility to take care of themselves and their children. I suppose I've suffered a lot of loss in my life, two sister's and a niece, which makes me want to hold them close and protect. 🤷‍♀️ I am very grateful for what I have twin , the grandkids, but so afraid to lose them  :(

Love you lady,

Lst❤️

NJ,

I certainly dont think you're behaving like a child, more like a very concerned worn out mother. Who could blame you?! This has been a long drawn out ordeal for you and your family. I do hope he can enjoy some of his birthday. 🙏🏻🎂

Stay strong,

Trishy❤️

DD, I'm sorry you're dealing with the palps.. They freak me out too! I just cut my diet Coke back but can't completely give it up. I'm an epic failure when it comes to giving that up :-\

Stress can also cause them so do everything you can to unwind. Anything to get your mind off yourself. Last summer I had them so bad that I was forced into calming down.. You can do it, just breathe and do anything to relax your mind and body.

Ly, Trishy❤️

Mary, yoo hoo where are you woman? I hope everything is ok. I know you put a toe in the water and I hope that's not why you're quiet. 🙏🏻😔

Hugs my dear friend, 🙋‍♀️❤️❤️❤️

Hi everyone,

These are some of the symptoms I’ve been dealing with the past week. The heart stuff is so awful and totally wrecks my sleep. I ended up going to a prompt care clinic yesterday and got a prescription for propranolol to help with the tachycardia and palpitations. So to answer your question, yes it’s totally normal. Awful, but normal. I’m sorry you’re going through it, but know you are not alone.

Hi Suzy, it really sounds like plain old withdrawal telling you that you not to cut any time soon, although I'm not sure if you've even cut recently.

I also know you're on levothyroxine like I am. When I go up to 25 mcgs I have similar symptoms so I have to go back to 12.5, which is not enough for me, so I can never win but I have to chose between fatigue and being totally wired. Withdrawal is a similar feeling so sometimes it's hard to tell the difference, exept wd can get  REALLY nasty if you don't listen to it and keep cutting, while the levo thing doesn't get any worse than that. I hope you figure it out and please don't cut until you're more stable. Hugs  :smitten:

Hello everyone! Hope you all have a great Sunday!  ;D

Yoo hoo friend Ginger!  I'm looking for you 👀 I need your math skills! I was just looking at my sig and I want to know if my math is right  :idiot:

So I'm cutting my .25 pills by 1/8 ths so that means I have to cut 8 times to get rid of one .25 pill. So I cut at the end of may from 1 mg of Xanax an 1/8 th of the pill. Is my dosage now 0.875 ?? Or 0.96875  :idiot: :idiot:

Please help I'm a dumb ass  :laugh: :laugh:

Love Trishy, 💕💕💕💕

Trishy dear,

Each 1/8th of a .25 pill is 0.03125 so from 1 mg you are at 0.96875.  Another 1/8 pill cut will bring you down to 0.9375.  Does that help? G

Yes, it helps tremendously!!  :D Thank you Ginger I had it right the first time and I changed it  :idiot: I've got it now or should I say my calculator can take it from here  :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks again Ginger math wizard! 🧙‍♀️

😘💕

Trishy,

You're very welcome.  I like to help.

Mary, I hope you don't have a day of noise tomorrow and that your headaches are going away.

I've had a few good days.  Better sleep, zero or mild wd sx and just in time for a week at the lake with my family next week.  It only took a 9 1/2 week hold. G

Glad you are feeling good GM!  I have had 2 more days of drilling in the rock hole.  >:( >:(.    I have no idea how long it takes to drill a hole big enough for a pool, but I sure hope it ends soon :idiot: :idiot:    I had to take my dog to vet today,he has a bacterial infection.  The vet didn't seem to concerned, so we have 4 meds to give him. 

Hope you have a great time on your vacation.  Please be safe and take care.  LY

Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😘🙏😷😘🙏😷🙏💜🌷💕💜🌷💕

Hello everyone! Hope you all have a great Sunday!  ;D

Yoo hoo friend Ginger!  I'm looking for you 👀 I need your math skills! I was just looking at my sig and I want to know if my math is right  :idiot:

So I'm cutting my .25 pills by 1/8 ths so that means I have to cut 8 times to get rid of one .25 pill. So I cut at the end of may from 1 mg of Xanax an 1/8 th of the pill. Is my dosage now 0.875 ?? Or 0.96875  :idiot: :idiot:

Please help I'm a dumb ass  :laugh: :laugh:

Love Trishy, 💕💕💕💕

Trishy dear,

Each 1/8th of a .25 pill is 0.03125 so from 1 mg you are at 0.96875.  Another 1/8 pill cut will bring you down to 0.9375.  Does that help? G

Yes, it helps tremendously!!  :D Thank you Ginger I had it right the first time and I changed it  :idiot: I've got it now or should I say my calculator can take it from here  :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks again Ginger math wizard! 🧙‍♀️

😘💕

Trishy,

You're very welcome.  I like to help.

Mary, I hope you don't have a day of noise tomorrow and that your headaches are going away.

I've had a few good days.  Better sleep, zero or mild wd sx and just in time for a week at the lake with my family next week.  It only took a 9 1/2 week hold. G

Glad you are feeling good GM!  I have had 2 more days of drilling in the rock hole.  >:( >:(.    I have no idea how long it takes to drill a hole big enough for a pool, but I sure hope it ends soon :idiot: :idiot:    I had to take my dog to vet today,he has a bacterial infection.  The vet didn't seem to concerned, so we have 4 meds to give him. 

Hope you have a great time on your vacation.  Please be safe and take care.  LY

Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😘🙏😷😘🙏😷🙏💜🌷💕💜🌷💕

Mary,

I was hoping the drilling was over.  Your neighborhood must be on bedrock.  Have the headaches eased up at all?  Sorry your pooch is sick.  It seems to me that during this life altering pandemic nothing else negative should be allowed to happen to any of us.  However life goes merrily, or unmerrily along doesn't it?

I had several pretty good days but the last 3 some sx have returned.  Nothing terrible, just annoying.  I know they will get better.

My vacation starts Monday after I donate blood.  Then drive 2.5 hours to a lake to meet my family.  Just us.  It's always quiet and peaceful, just the quiet sound of ripples lapping on shore, and breezes through the pine trees.  For a week we can forget this crazy world.

Take care and I hope the drilling ends soon.  Seriously, how deep does this pool need to be?

Trishy,

I hope everything turns out fine with your daughter.  Children are always a worry, no matter how old they are.  My mom used to tell me that when your children are little they have little problems.  When they get big, she said, their problems get big too.

I hope everyone is getting some nice weather.  It's perfect here for now.  Fires are ramping up though, and that can mean that for the month of August we are socked in with smoke. G

I’m now getting head vibrations.  I remember others mentioning it and I didn’t understand.  I surely understand now.  It’s not pleasant.  Looks like another sleepless night.  :'(

Thanks u guys. Now I just wake up every couple hours. I think I'll get my thyroid tested. I was worrying about that too. ❤

Sorry gp, I had that a few weeks ago. I thought it was from carrying those heavy bags. I was scary but it left. Ly dd

Hi everyone,

Hope you're OK.

Update:  Doing a lot better again after the setback I had three weeks ago. By the second week most of the wd symptoms had settled down. Currently going for a bike ride almost every day. Half an hour to 45 minutes. Walking is still painful, but I have been doing that too. ( some 10 minutes). Even been fishing again, which I really enjoyed. Still holding, but planning to restart my taper slowly,  probably next week.

Take care and stay strong.

Hi , I had to reinstate and I am trying to stabilize. I have some symptoms and would like to know if you think that the symptoms will disappear if you hold a very long time. I am thinking months on end. I am not in a hurry to get off the valium.

Hi , I had to reinstate and I am trying to stabilize. I have some symptoms and would like to know if you think that the symptoms will disappear if you hold a very long time. I am thinking months on end. I am not in a hurry to get off the valium.

Hi Jasmine,

From your signature I gather that 8 months after finishing your valium taper you had a terrible setback due to MSG is this correct? Then, I understand that you have just reinstated valium? I'm not very sure what to say if you have just reinstated and I will wait for other member to come and help. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Yes I had reinstated 2 days ago. Some of the terrible symptoms are gone but not other. Suicidal akiteisia is gone.

I am trying to stabilize but would like to know if in your experience by holding and stabilizing, the symptoms usually drop with time. I have issue with burning and cortisol surge.

Thank you.

[68...]