The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

to answer you guys..I def have more clots...and the first few days are so heavy I'm considering a hysterectomy.

I'm not sure if its benzo related or just life bc my mom was around my age when she needed a hysterectomy too.

the cramping is horrendous in my legs as well..like debilitating.

So true Kit. I couldn't believe what your Lt Gov said Mary, that old people should sacrifice themselves for the economy

That guy is a nut and I am so ashamed he is our Lt Governor.    He's disgusting.  Our governor is just now acting like more of a human being, it took him months to realize his idol might be leading him down the wrong path.    :crazy:  The Lt Gov will never learn.    :(

Hi JWL.  Mary said you were taking low dose naltrexone to deal with pain.  I'm guessing your pain came from tapering?  If so, is the LDN working?  I tried Gabapentin which worked for a grand total of 2 weeks.  I'm in SO MUCH pain!

Sorry to hear that GP. Is your pain from tapering? After researching it I requested it for my nerve pain (fibromyalgia). It works great for me and has the added benefit of reducing inflammation and boosting your immune system.

Hey V, we're you ever stable? It seems awful to be in a constant "altered state of mind".

I know this is nothing compared to what you guys are dealing with but I've had a tooth infection for about 2 weeks and have had bad brain fog. This confirms to me that anything that stresses the body can cause a glutamate surge.

Hi jwl. No, since the crash last summer I've never been stable however some weeks are better than others. I've also learned to try to ignore the symptoms and pretend to myself that I'm normal. Coping skills go a long way but I don't want to make things worse and I prefer to go as slowly as I need. I'm sorry about your tooth infection. Those for sure can cause bad waves. Have you gone to the dentist?

Sorry to hear that. Even after your 7 month hold? The dentist couldn't do a root canal because my roots are too crooked so he gave me antibiotics and said if it doesn't help, he'll have to pull it

to answer you guys..I def have more clots...and the first few days are so heavy I'm considering a hysterectomy.

I'm not sure if its benzo related or just life bc my mom was around my age when she needed a hysterectomy too.

the cramping is horrendous in my legs as well..like debilitating.

I consider this stuff benzo related because I never had it until I started tapering. I get the awful leg pain too, sometimes I get a double whammy and it hits around ovulation too. The clots were worst when I was tapering last year, but now I have them 1-2 days and then it tapers off.

Hey everyone! I’m back from my camping trip, we had so much fun! It was the most people I have been around in 4 months.. there were maybe 15 people there but it was a huge campsite with no other people around, and we were all very careful to social distance, each pod had our own kitchen, etc. it was very cool. And I was away from cell service for a whole week, what a relief!

We went to a couple of lakes, also very nice. It felt almost ‘normal’. Almost 7 months off of Valium!

for me my sleep pattern def changes 3 days before my period...vivid dreams amp up, which disrupts my sleep (it gives me anxiety). Its rough.

(this happens in waves too). But  on the "better days" I can sleep solid (dreams go down to a "weird" classification then).

Looks like we can all relate... :thumbsup:

Hi JWL.  Mary said you were taking low dose naltrexone to deal with pain.  I'm guessing your pain came from tapering?  If so, is the LDN working?  I tried Gabapentin which worked for a grand total of 2 weeks.  I'm in SO MUCH pain!

Sorry to hear that GP. Is your pain from tapering? After researching it I requested it for my nerve pain (fibromyalgia). It works great for me and has the added benefit of reducing inflammation and boosting your immune system.

Thanks for responding J.  Yes, pain is from tapering.  Maybe I will give naltrexone a shot.  I slept poorly last night from constant pain!

Welcome back Kitty!  I’m so happy to hear you had such a great outdoors adventure.  It’s so good to hear positive success stories and you are truly one of them.

Today I feel like I’ve been on a merry go round for over 15 years.  I’m so tired of this ride and I really want to get off!

I hope you all are making out okay here in LHSG land!  Love to all. 💕 💗

for me my sleep pattern def changes 3 days before my period...vivid dreams amp up, which disrupts my sleep (it gives me anxiety). Its rough.

(this happens in waves too). But  on the "better days" I can sleep solid (dreams go down to a "weird" classification then).

Looks like we can all relate... :thumbsup:

yes same here  also suffer before my period ....but not sleeping well either still tapering :angel:

Yes.  In the short amount of time I was on Benzo, my period changed.  I have a ton of heavy bleeding and clotting. 

A little bit of a tmi question, but we’re all adults here, so 🤷🏻‍♀️ 😂😂

Has anyone noticed the texture of their menstrual blood has changed in withdrawal? I’m 35 and I know our periods change as we age (or after pregnancies), I’m just wondering if this is something others have experienced. I notice a lot of clots in the toilet on heavy days and the last few days have a lot more of the old dark blood.

Yes!i am 31 and  I only took lorazepam for 2 months  April and May 2020 and my periods were so weird lots of clots and is was a brown color. July’s period wasn’t as bad it was still weird but the color was back to normal at least. I’ll see what August has in store for me:  :(

I hope it helps GP. I noticed a lot of my cog fog also went away. I think there's a correlation between pain and cog fog

hi Jwl, do you feel good on 1mg of valium? have you experienced tolerance?

how long did it take you to taper 20mg to 1mg of valium?

also, i have re-instated at 9mg of V to save my life.

i have been feeling very depressed with that much amount of valium but no way to reduce since my adrenaline surges go through the roof and the akitasia come back.

anyone depressed with that much amount of valium? does it lift up?

i will start tapering once i stabilize after a long while, i am not in a rush.

Thank you VNM and Ginger,

I really appreciate your thoughts and input. It means a lot. I haven't made another cut yet, will just wait until I feel I can take the plunge. I'm not in a good way. I'm feeling anxious but yet kind of flat if that makes sense. Almost as if my emotions just got up and walked out the door with the exception of anxiety that one of course is hanging out 😏

Olive,

Hello! So happy you had a good time. It sounds like it was just perfect. Good for you living life lady :thumbsup:

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

Hi Jasmine. Yes I feel really good except I'm kinda in a wave because of my tooth infection. I'm not sure what you mean by tolerance. If you mean did I ever reach a point where it was not having any beneficial effects then probably yes. If you mean did i ever experience tolerance WD then no. Every time I held I felt better. I've been tapering on and off for about 5 years. That's including many holds. But I'm probably an exception.  Many people have tapered much quicker with very little symptoms. Don't get discouraged that you've reinstated at 9 mgs. That's really not very much. I think your main priority should be to get stable.

Hi Guinea Pig, I saw in your bio notes you mentioned not ever trying to taper ambien and benzos at the same time (which is what I’m kind of wresting with at the moment) - any suggestions as which to prioritize first? Thanks!  :)

Jasmine, many people in this group are on ativan, xanax and you see the equivalence of those to valium and the doses are more or less what you're taking or more. As jwl says, 9 mg valium is not a huge dose. Stop going up and down. Wasn't it 10 mgs? Stick to one dose or you'll never stabilize. You'll have time to taper later. You need to stick to the same dose for at least three months after what you've gone through. Whatever dose you decide on, stick to it.

i am on 9mg now for 3 days. i am stabilizing i think. but i have to dose regularly, several time at night. i have been back on it only 5 days ago.

i am committed to stabilize however long it takes, i pray the Lord that the night time adrenaline surge goes away.

most of my symptoms are gone besides the adrenaline surges. they were really really really bad.

complete incontinence

akitasia (i almost ended it all several times)

electrical surge

buzzing head

loud tinnitus (i had Tinnitus before)

full body jerk

tremor

chemical anxiety

when i don't dose in time, burning and heart palps come back. will this goes away once i stabilize?

at 10mg i felt a bit high but my docs told me that since my symptoms were so bad i had to take a higher dose

we went down to 9mg after a couple of day and we will stay there for several months. she is adamant for me to take all the time that i need, i talk to her every other day.

my fear is that i read Ashton and she said that kindling make it harder to withdraw each time.

it is my 4th time, i was able to successfully withdraw each time with DMT and it as already really hard and had a setback at 8 months out due to family stress (small kids).

and then i keep reading how benzo is bad for you and i feel like i am putting poison in me but i have no other choice, either this or i end my life.

has anyone felt somewhat okay on valium?

i don't mind staying on it for years and take micro amount out so that there is little symptoms.

anyone would like to be my buddies and phone text?

i am an intelligent woman, i am an architect before all this crap happens.

Hi Jasmine. Yes I feel really good except I'm kinda in a wave because of my tooth infection. I'm not sure what you mean by tolerance. If you mean did I ever reach a point where it was not having any beneficial effects then probably yes. If you mean did i ever experience tolerance WD then no. Every time I held I felt better. I've been tapering on and off for about 5 years. That's including many holds. But I'm probably an exception.  Many people have tapered much quicker with very little symptoms. Don't get discouraged that you've reinstated at 9 mgs. That's really not very much. I think your main priority should be to get stable.

hi Jwl, have you tried to get off before?

5 years taper is not a long time . the last time it took me 3 years to taper 4mg. and it was already really hard.

did you have anxiety and adrenaline surge during your taper?

Hi everyone  - been a good while.  So I had to put my cat to sleep on Sunday night here at home.  She had been diagnosed with cancer 3 months ago and in the last month started going downhill Where I had to care for her round the clock. Finally I had to do what was right by her.  I have been stable in my taper, so much so that I was able to drink iced coffee and eat some shitty foods.  Being stable I was able to handle helping her. Now, the stress Of her death had triggered acute sxs.  I have the worst panic and anxiety and had a bad attack last night-bad dizziness. This is my first pet.  Plus as some of you know I am my moms elderly caregiver.  I need to update my signature as I’m down to 4.65mg V. 

😿😿😿😿

Meems

Jasmine, for now, try not to worry about kindling. (Easier said that done, I know) Just get stable in your current dose and then make a game plan. Many people who are kindled go on to successfully taper off, you will be one of them. Sending you love and light.

hi Jwl, have you tried to get off before?

5 years taper is not a long time . the last time it took me 3 years to taper 4mg. and it was already really hard.

did you have anxiety and adrenaline surge during your taper?

Before I found BB, I tried to CT and experienced all the sxs you've described. It took me almost a year to get stable so I guess you could say I've been tapering for 6 years. Unfortunately, for those of us who've CT or tapered too fast, our CNS got screwed up and we've become hypersensitive. I've found the only solution is to take it nice and slow.

Don't give in to the fear that you have get rid of the "poison" ASAP.

Keep posting on this thread. I for one am thankful it's here.

[a0...]