The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

i looked up begood blog but she never got off valium before her last try. so never kindled.

i got off benzo 3 times :(- 8 months between each time and was healed.

so i am sure to be more kindled, but that is fine, it is what it is. better that than being dead.

i looked up begood blog but she never got off valium before her last try. so never kindled.

so i am sure to be more kindled, but that is fine, it is what it is. better that than being dead.

Your determination and going really slow will get you there.  I have to go very slow and take a lot of time too.  I started at 2 mg X , crossed to V, and a little over 3 years later am down to 8.  Have messed myself up several times by going too fast.  Now, it's very slow going.  We will all do this together  :)

Hi Suzy, GP, Ginger,

I'm just dropping by to say that I'm still here as usual and the day wasn't too bad. I went to the gyneacologyst after postponing it since February and she said my ovaries are "poliactive" or something similar and I said what's that and she basically said I'm still fertile so I'll be extra careful if I ever have sex again in this lifetime which I really doubt. She said my period would normally last one more year but not more as I'm 52, and that she doesn't prescribe hormones so I'll stick to her. She's nice. Suzy and Ginger I'm glad you had a better day. GP, I'm sorry you're feeling down again. We'll get through this eventually . It'll be slow but there's no rush for us in this group. Have a good afternoon. Stay safe, I'm seeing all the chaos in Texas and I hope you guys can stay safe at home.

We are trying Vali, it is depressing here.  They have had to pull up refrigerator body trucks because we have so many deaths.  It makes you think of a scary movie or something looking at that.  We are breaking records almost every day.  You know this is Texas, people think everything should be a right

, it makes me want to scream.  Several young people have died, leaving statements like, " I thought it was a joke, and too young and healthy to get sick.  I am so sorry I was that arrogant and then they died at 19 to 25.  Trying to warn others their age not to act like them.    :-[.  It's just all so strange  :'(

GM, GP, DD, Vali, Trishy, love you all very much, please be safe and careful.  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼. 💜🙏😘💜🙏😘😷😷😷😷

Hey Mary,.

I have been watching the news and what's happening in your state and Florida and most of the South is devastating. I'm getting very worried about Fall and winter here. The top CDC guy says it is going to be one of the most difficult times in US history. He said covid will spread easier because of cooler temps. It will live longer on surfaces. I'm terrified all over again like I was back in February. I want to taper again but keep putting it off. I just don't know what to do. What's happening in our country is very upsetting and that's an under statement. My grandkids will be returning to school next month possibly and I might lose my mind when they do. My daughter is considering having her daughter learn from home.. Who the hell knows what to do. We certainly aren't receiving any guidance from the federal government. 😠

I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. I've been busy watching my granddaughter everyday while my daughter and husband work. I wake at night and all my worries come rushing in. Is this all really real?? 😵

Love you! Be careful down there! 🙏

Trishy

It really doesn't seem like it can be real Trishy.  I don't know what's going to happen  :idiot:  I know Joe Biden would put Cuomo over it or at least have him helping and things could start clearing up, but with Trump over us until Jan, that's what scares me the most.  How could this happen to the US?

I miss you girlfriend, you take care of that family, which I know you do.  I haven't been on as much because all of the jack hammering around my house driving me crazy :crazy:....and the virus making me anxious.  Hopefully the hammering will end next week.  That alone would be wonderful.  LY much,

🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😷💜😘🙏😷💜😘🙏😷

Oh how I would love it if Biden and Cuomo were names on the ticket for the dems, sh*t would get done :D

This is a nightmare of biblical proportion  :o I’m just terrified again.

Hope that hammering stops that would make me nuts!

🙋‍♀️❤️❤️

Hey Ginger,

I live in Connecticut and our governor said it best , when New York sneezes Connecticut catches the cold. I'm terrified for the fall and winter months. Right now we're holding our own people are wearing their masks thankfully. I've only seen a few people here and there while out without one but just about everybody wears them. Masks are mandated here thank God🙏🏻

Not exactly sure what will happen with schools here but I know my daughter is leaning towards keeping my granddaughter home. My Dil I think is leaning toward sending my grandson 🤦🏼‍♀️ and there's not much I can do about that. I have not kept quiet on how I feel about it either but she's his mother not me so my hands are tied where he's concerned. There's another 5 weeks or so before school will start if it does so we shall see. 😫

🙋‍♀️❤️

Your determination and going really slow will get you there.  I have to go very slow and take a lot of time too.  I started at 2 mg X , crossed to V, and a little over 3 years later am down to 8.  Have messed myself up several times by going too fast.  Now, it's very slow going.  We will all do this together  :)

did you have a lot of symptoms? are functional? did you have akitesia?

Hey v,

I'm glad you went and got a checkup. Its always good to know everything is ok. I never heard that word either. Now, no messing around young lady!!! Lol. Today up and down but def improved so much Thank god. We 2ill take it slowwww! ❤❤👍

Hey Dd,

Where are you girl? I hope you're doing ok.

GP, vnm, Olive, troch, definitely forgetting names here but thinking of all lhsgers❤️🙏🏻

did you have a lot of symptoms? are functional? did you have akitesia?

I have a lot of pain, it's been my most prominent symptom since I started.  I am functional but I don't work.  I am able to drive short distances and do some housework, nothing super strenuous.  Every time I try to increase my physical output, I end up hurting more.  No, I haven't had akitesia. 

Hey tt,

I'm ok. Holding on, ugh. I hope your sx are not to bad. I'm sorry you are so stressed. So much going on it's a nightmare.  I broke a sweat last night and thought I had covid. Guess I'm ok. No fever. For all we know maybe we had it. Man. 🤯🙏

Hey tt,

I'm ok. Holding on, ugh. I hope your sx are not to bad. I'm sorry you are so stressed. So much going on it's a nightmare.  I broke a sweat last night and thought I had covid. Guess I'm ok. No fever. For all we know maybe we had it. Man. 🤯🙏

OMG DD I can't tell you how many times I thought I had it. Thought I had a fever 🤦🏼‍♀️ This is just awful. Just wear your mask and keep your hands washed and stay away from people while out shopping best you can and you will be ok. It's just so psychologically draining. We have been at this for months now and it wears down the psyche. Covid and tapering are just a bit much I think. I feel like we're super heroes for how we're all holding up. How many people could do what we're doing...tapering,wd and living in a terrifying time with covid. 💪🏻

🙋‍♀️❤️🙏🏻

Me too tt! It's very draining! I feel like that is was through me into a depression. It better. I'm very careful. I have soap, masks, sanitizers everywere. The smells are killing me. But it's better to be safe. We are superheroes! You cou,snt explain what we are going through if you tried. Sometimes I think it has to be a dream. Things like this dont happen in real life. Omg! Stay safe, dont panic! I always say panic is the worst thing to do. It doesnt help a thing and makes sx a million times worse. ❤❤❤🙏🧸👍

Lots of ppl here tapering valium. There's also a valium support group if you want to check it out. I am glad you feel better. That's a good sign!!

Me too tt! It's very draining! I feel like that is was through me into a depression. It better. I'm very careful. I have soap, masks, sanitizers everywere. The smells are killing me. But it's better to be safe. We are superheroes! You cou,snt explain what we are going through if you tried. Sometimes I think it has to be a dream. Things like this dont happen in real life. Omg! Stay safe, dont panic! I always say panic is the worst thing to do. It doesnt help a thing and makes sx a million times worse. ❤❤❤🙏🧸👍

I'm glad your depression is better DD  :)  we'll get through all this together.  :mybuddy:❤️❤️🙏

in your experience, if you hold long enough (as long as it takes), would the chemical anxiety go away?

[/q3uote]

It went away for me after 7 months of holding. All wd sx went away with that long hold. That's just me though.  It might be shorter for you.  I'm tapering Ativan which is a short acting benzodiazepine.  G

when you hold long enough, does PAW go away?

i have adrenaline surge and formication at night. did they go away for you?

only slept 5 hours last night with the same dose of valium, i am worried that it is losing its efficiency.

when you hold long enough, does PAW go away?

i have adrenaline surge and formication at night. did they go away for you?

only slept 5 hours last night with the same dose of valium, i am worried that it is losing its efficiency.

Hi jasmine.

I don't know what to say to you about PAW because usually people get here while tapering, however you have been off for seven months and suddenly all these symptoms appear due to eating MSG. I don't know anything about this kind of setback so I can't say anything. I hope someone else can help you.

As for sleep, 5 hours is perfectly fine in bwd land. I went for months with between 0 and 4 hours sleep. I thought I was in paradise when I started sleeping 5 hours. Don't worry about the sleep, but I'd try to find out what really caused this setback.

in your experience, if you hold long enough (as long as it takes), would the chemical anxiety go away?

[/q3uote]

It went away for me after 7 months of holding. All wd sx went away with that long hold. That's just me though.  It might be shorter for you.  I'm tapering Ativan which is a short acting benzodiazepine.  G

Same as Ginger. With my first long hold of 6 months that awful chemical anxiety did disappear. All my sxs from wd were pretty much gone too and life was good again. That's just my experience, everyone is different. I do think though that everyone benefits to some degree with a long hold. Most if not all find they improve to where the sxs are tolerable and manageable, less severe in a sense.

Hey v,

I'm glad you went and got a checkup. Its always good to know everything is ok. I never heard that word either. Now, no messing around young lady!!! Lol. Today up and down but def improved so much Thank god. We 2ill take it slowwww! ❤❤👍

Yes Suzy I better be careful!! I'll have to cancel the sex spree with swingers and high risk sexual activities that I had planed for this weekend. What a pity.  :laugh:

I'm so glad you had a better day. I do hope it lasts.

Mary I can imagine how worried you are. Is Tim going out to work everyday or can he stay at home? The only good thing of being in a covid wave with so many deaths is that things can only go down from there and after that, chances are that both the government and the  population will take it more seriously. I do hope it doesn't catch you. We are here rooting for you benzo wise and pandemic wise, and things will get better. I hope the pain isn't getting too bad although I'm sure all this stress doesn't help.

Trishy if we ever get the virus we will survive it and we'll be living proof on how long holders can get through anything.  Your grandson will be fine. I think the statistics show that very very few children are affected by this?

[23...]