The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Happy Memorial Weekend everyone!!Β  Love you all, Mary πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌ. πŸŒˆπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—.Β  Β  😘😘😘.Β  Β  πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

[2f...]

Hello,

I a wondering . . . How long can you hold Valium before feeling tolerance?Β  I have just crossed over from Klonopin and am not ready to begin any cuts.

Thank you!

Lookinup

How do you feel? Are your sx bad! By your signature looks like you've been through alot. If you are feeling really bad it's probably a good idea to hold for a while and see if sx settle down.

Hello,

I a wondering . . . How long can you hold Valium before feeling tolerance?Β  I have just crossed over from Klonopin and am not ready to begin any cuts.

Thank you!

Lookinup

Β 

Hey Lookinup, no one can really answer that because everyone is different, but you have plenty of time to stabilize, don't feel you have to push yourself.Β  :)

Hello,

Thank you!

Lookinup

Hi lookinup,

Let me ask you a question? Were you on your benzo for a decent amount of time before you started to taper? I'll tell you this my xanax stopped working for me years before I began to taper. Having no real knowledge of the drug and how it affects the body I assumed that it was still helping me even though I didn't feel that sedative feeling it once have me. Now having gotten an education about benzos through experience and BB I don't fear tolerance. I think you can hold for as long as you like. I once held for 6 months and felt great, in fact I'm holding now and it's been almost 5 months. My point is don't let tolerance scare you, hold as long as you need too. There are many people who stay on a set dose for a lifetime. Not everybody tapers their benzo. We here are tapering our benzo for all different reasons but fear of tolerance shouldn't be one of them when doing so.

Best of luck,

Trishy

Morning everyone!

Happy memorial day to my fellow Americans! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡² I'm having my kids and grandkids over for a socially distant picnic, we'll see how that goes!Β  :D

Β 

Hey twin! A rabbit looking out of its burrow , a sight to behold I'm sureπŸ€”..Β  :laugh: :laugh:

What an adventure getting my hair done yesterday! Going in through the back door of her shop, she and I both masked, had my temperature taken and then she put a shield on over hey mask then when she was rinsing the dye off my head at the sink she threw a towel over my face and well until I almost suffocated under it! Honestly, we ended up laughing so hard we had tears running down our faces. Let me just say twin it's a very new, bizarre world we're living in!Β  :crazy::laugh: hope you have a great weekend, love you! β™₯️

Β 

NJ, I'm sorry you're dealing with so much. I read your post and I can almost hear the frustration in your voice. Raising teenagers is difficult enough without all these added problems. You have my sympathies my friend. I hope you can enjoy the weekend some and give your poor brain a rest from all the worry. We are always here to listen when you're feeling overwhelmed. So vent away anytime you need too, it's not good to hold all that in. Be well and stay safe and I will be praying that you get the answers you need πŸ™ β™₯️

Β 

Hey Mary, DD, Olive, FH, GP, Troch, Vnm, Espy, intend, Memes, Free and Bill, where are you Bill?? .. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few names but you're not forgotten it's my benzo challenged brain. Anyway wishing all of you a restful, peaceful weekend.

Β 

Lots of love my people,

Trishy β™₯️

Β 

Β 

Β 

Trishy,

Β 

I am jealous of you getting your hair done! I don't think things here will open up until middle or end of June. I had my husband trim the back and it does look better; I just dyed it too dark Friday.

Β 

All of this is just very difficult with my son being not medically stable for so long. As moms, we always think we can solve our kids' problems and obviously this is something I can't fix. It's hard that he was feeling a little better this spring but then CV hit so he missed everything--spring sport, prom, etc. It is what it is. My other son in college we are just signing the lease for the apartment today and moving on. He will be better off living in college with friends than the isolation he has here. I just have to hope I don't get my hours cut back at work.

Β 

I know most of the country is more open than where I live so I hope all those who can celebrate with friends and family have a nice weekend.

Trishy how nice that you had your hair done! A luxury these days! Haven't had mine done since January but I have long hair so it doesn't really need to be cut very often, and my stylist does it so that when the pink starts to grow out it actually looks ok. Then I just wash with a pink shampoo every couple of weeks and I am good to go for a long time. I imagine I won't go to the salon for awhile now!

Β 

Sorry about your son NJ, I feel for you! I have been wondering about all of the high school seniors trying to plan for their school year next year. It must be so hard! Glad you decided to just rent the place, better to make a decision than be in limbo.

Β 

My mom and I are going to the neighbors house today, my childhood best friend who lived across the street bought her parent's house many years ago and is living there with her family raising her kids in the house she grew up in. So we are all still very close. We live in the redwoods so there is lots of space to social distance on her front deck, so we are going to bring our own food and have a little deck gathering. It seems very safe, Looking forward to seeing people in real life!

Β 

Love to all of you!

Β 

Hey Trishy , Olive , hope you both have a good day today.Β  I had just about decided to go get my hair done when CNN reported 1 stylist spread Covid to 56 people, then there was another one right after that that spread a bunch again.Β  If I had someone I had been using awhile, I might risk it but I'm chicken, so I will keep doing my own.Β  Β  :(.Β  I know your family will love seeing each otherΒ  :smitten: :smitten:

Β 

Olive, hope you have fun.Β  It's nice you are feeling good.

Β 

Love you both, Mary πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌ

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Just dropping in before work to let you know l am thinking of you all.l haven't really had time to catch up however l am sure you are looking after each other.l will try to get on later in the week.Until then l am willing you all on.Stay safe my friends.

Love and hugs Stut.X

Addictionfairy22:

Β 

That sounds like a bad combo! Overexertion is something I learned the hard way. Feeling good then I did too much =wave.

Β 

But I have to ask about "inhaling chemicals"? What was going on? Hope you're ok....

So today is a day of tears....among other things hormone related. Just keep telling myself " give it a few days - it will lift". HATE this so much...

Trishy,

Β 

I am jealous of you getting your hair done! I don't think things here will open up until middle or end of June. I had my husband trim the back and it does look better; I just dyed it too dark Friday.

Β 

All of this is just very difficult with my son being not medically stable for so long. As moms, we always think we can solve our kids' problems and obviously this is something I can't fix. It's hard that he was feeling a little better this spring but then CV hit so he missed everything--spring sport, prom, etc. It is what it is. My other son in college we are just signing the lease for the apartment today and moving on. He will be better off living in college with friends than the isolation he has here. I just have to hope I don't get my hours cut back at work.

Β 

I know most of the country is more open than where I live so I hope all those who can celebrate with friends and family have a nice weekend.

Oh it was quite the ordeal NJ getting my hair done. She's technically not open she took me on the SlyΒ  >:D.. it was actually funny. She was so ppe'd up that I asked her where her rocket ship was!Β  :laugh: :laugh: she looked like she was about to board a spaceship lol!

I'm still praying for you and I believe your son going off to college will be good for him. I honestly don't know how long we can hold our young people down anyway. They want to live their lives and understandably so. I just hope they practice caution while doing it.

Β 

Hey Olive, pretty in pink lady :D.. it must look adorable! I'm a blonde who went white not gray so I get my hair done as close to the color I used to be with a little variation of some red thrown in. So it looks more like a dark strawberry blonde :D..

Β 

Be well ladies,

Trishy β™₯️

Good morning my people,

I hope you all have a great day. We're quiet around here and missing so many. I have been quiet on here myself. Hope everyone is healthy πŸ€žπŸ™

Β 

Trishy β™₯️

Good morning my people,

I hope you all have a great day. We're quiet around here and missing so many. I have been quiet on here myself. Hope everyone is healthy πŸ€žπŸ™

Β 

Trishy β™₯️

Β 

Hey Too Many , it is quite around here.Β  I understand but I sure miss everyone.Β  I hope they are all okay.Β  Love ya Too Many, stay safe !!Β  πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌ

Hey Intend and DD.Β  Hope you both are okay and being safe.Β  Intend, give Pepper pets from me.

Love you both!! πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌ.Β  🐱🐾🐾🐾.Β  😘😘😘

Good morning my people,

Β 

Trishy β™₯️

Β 

Hey Too Many , it is quite around here.Β  I understand but I sure miss everyone.Β  I hope they are all okay.Β  Love ya Too Many, stay safe !!Β  πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌ

HeyπŸ’ Mary,

How are you my dear friend? It has been very quiet and I miss them all too. I think this pandemic has really taken it's toll mentally on us all. I hope everyone is doing ok and posts soon. πŸ™πŸ€ž

Β 

How's life going in Texas? It's the same old around here. There was some grizzly murders in my State over the weekend and I have been terrified. A 23 yr old UConn college kid murdered two people, plus he invaded someone's home, kidnapped another and is on the loose they think somewhere in PA . He also stole two vehicles which he abandoned in different locations. This kid obviously is very mentally ill and terrified me all weekend. I hope they catch him very soon! PA police are going to release more info on him this afternoon. I wonder what else they know. The sooner he's caught though the better. 😬

Β 

Love ya girl,

TT, β™₯️

Good morning my people,

Β 

Trishy β™₯️

Β 

HeyπŸ’ Mary,

How are you my dear friend? It has been very quiet and I miss them all too. I think this pandemic has really taken it's toll mentally on us all. I hope everyone is doing ok and posts soon. πŸ™πŸ€ž

Β 

How's life going in Texas? It's the same old around here. There was some grizzly murders in my State over the weekend and I have been terrified. A 23 yr old UConn college kid murdered two people, plus he invaded someone's home, kidnapped another and is on the loose they think somewhere in PA . He also stole two vehicles which he abandoned in different locations. This kid obviously is very mentally ill and terrified me all weekend. I hope they catch him very soon! PA police are going to release more info on him this afternoon. I wonder what else they know. The sooner he's caught though the better. 😬

Β 

Love ya girl,

TT, β™₯️

Β 

I heard about that on the news this morning.Β  Definitely a nut.Β  Keep your doors locked and don't open unless you know person on other side.Β  If we aren't having to be safe over one thing , it's another lately.Β  How was your son this weekend?Β  Is he staying sober? All this stress ,will keep him sober or he will drink.Β  Let's hope it brings the sobriety out in him.Β  Miss our Stut badly.Β  Miss everybodyΒ  :(. We were stuck right in the middle of 2 of the hot spots in TX, a beach and a river with floats,I have been down so many times.Β  No distancing and no masks.Β  I couldn't believe it when they showed them on the news. I told Tim to be extra careful for a few weeksΒ  >:(.Β  How did the grandchildren do this weekend?

Β 

Β 

Good morning my people,

Β 

Trishy β™₯️

Β 

HeyπŸ’ Mary,

Β 

Β 

Love ya girl,

TT, β™₯️

Β 

I heard about that on the news this morning.Β  Definitely a nut.Β  Keep your doors locked and don't open unless you know person on other side.Β  If we aren't having to be safe over one thing , it's another lately.Β  How was your son this weekend?Β  Is he staying sober? All this stress ,will keep him sober or he will drink.Β  Let's hope it brings the sobriety out in him.Β  Miss our Stut badly.Β  Miss everybodyΒ  :(. We were stuck right in the middle of 2 of the hot spots in TX, a beach and a river with floats,I have been down so many times.Β  No distancing and no masks.Β  I couldn't believe it when they showed them on the news. I told Tim to be extra careful for a few weeksΒ  >:(.Β  How did the grandchildren do this weekend?

I never open the door and I have an alarm system but I was still afraid 😳.. So damn creepy! I hope they get him soon.. And I hope he doesn't come back to CT😱

Β 

Lots of people on the beaches here too this weekend not wearing masks! Pisses me off! Don't they realize they're endangering others?? Or I guess they just don't careΒ  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Β 

My son has been sober as far as I know πŸ™πŸ€ž I'm hoping he stays that way, please God πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Β 

Sunday went very well with the kids over. We kept our distance and we stayed out on the deck. I put out all the food on my kitchen table and let one family in at a time. So for example my daughter her husband and my granddaughter went in made their plates came out and then my son's family went in after that and then me and Rich. That way we weren't all in the house at the same time. Of course I allowed them in to use the bathroom :laugh:

My grandkids went in the pool and kept their distance. It was amazing to see a 5 yr old and a 6 yr old understand they couldn't be close to eachother, I was so proud of them. They did a fantastic job all day. So sad though that they had to follow such rules but unfortunately necessary right now.

So other than that psycho killer on the loose it was a really nice weekend.

Good morning my people,

Β 

Trishy β™₯️

Β 

HeyπŸ’ Mary,

Β 

Β 

Love ya girl,

TT, β™₯️

Β 

I never open the door and I have an alarm system but I was still afraid 😳.. So damn creepy! I hope they get him soon.. And I hope he doesn't come back to CT😱

Β 

Lots of people on the beaches here too this weekend not wearing masks! Pisses me off! Don't they realize they're endangering others?? Or I guess they just don't careΒ  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Β 

My son has been sober as far as I know πŸ™πŸ€ž I'm hoping he stays that way, please God πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Β 

Sunday went very well with the kids over. We kept our distance and we stayed out on the deck. I put out all the food on my kitchen table and let one family in at a time. So for example my daughter her husband and my granddaughter went in made their plates came out and then my son's family went in after that and then me and Rich. That way we weren't all in the house at the same time. Of course I allowed them in to use the bathroom :laugh:

My grandkids went in the pool and kept their distance. It was amazing to see a 5 yr old and a 6 yr old understand they couldn't be close to eachother, I was so proud of them. They did a fantastic job all day. So sad though that they had to follow such rules but unfortunately necessary right now.

Β 

I wish someone could have videos you, show people it's really not hard and you can social distance and have a family party.Β  Apparently they are a lot of people that could use it.Β  Love ya girlfriend, glad you had a great weekendΒ  :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning my people,

Β 

Trishy β™₯️

Β 

HeyπŸ’ Mary,

Β 

Β 

Love ya girl,

TT, β™₯️

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I wish someone could have videos you, show people it's really not hard and you can social distance and have a family party.Β  Apparently they are a lot of people that could use it.Β  Love ya girlfriend, glad you had a great weekendΒ  :smitten: :smitten:

Not a bad idea Mary πŸ€” it would be great if maybe someone put their " socially distant" party on like you tube or something to show it's really not that hard and you can still be social and have a good time. We did and now I won't hesitate to have them over again this summer. I have a very large deck and a decent size back yard so it wasn't hard at all to keep the necessary distance. Also we had our masks too which Rich and I never took off the entire time they were here. Idk why people just won't gather safely. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

.I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Did you and Tim do anything? How was your weather? It was high 70's and I couldn't believe my grandkids went in the pool! The pool was only 68% lol!! They couldn't resist though :laugh: :laugh: it has to be 80 for me to go in! πŸ˜‚

Good morning my people,

Β 

Trishy β™₯️

Β 

HeyπŸ’ Mary,

Β 

Β 

Love ya girl,

TT, β™₯️

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Not a bad idea Mary πŸ€” it would be great if maybe someone put their " socially distant" party on like you tube or something to show it's really not that hard and you can still be social and have a good time. We did and now I won't hesitate to have them over again this summer. I have a very large deck and a decent size back yard so it wasn't hard at all to keep the necessary distance. Also we had our masks too which Rich and I never took off the entire time they were here. Idk why people just won't gather safely. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

.I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Did you and Tim do anything? How was your weather? It was high 70's and I couldn't believe my grandkids went in the pool! The pool was only 68% lol!! They couldn't resist though :laugh: :laugh: it has to be 80 for me to go in! πŸ˜‚

Β 

Tim grilled out but it was just us.Β  We had days in the mid 90's and terrible thunderstorms 2 nights.

Last night, I swear Trishy, it sounded like the lightening was hitting the ground and cracking it open.Β  It was awful.Β  It's just good to have Tim homeΒ  :D.Β  No, I haven't locked him out lately.Β  :D. Our ocean water temp was high too.Β  I swear I think they said 90.Β  Love yaΒ  ;)

Good morning my people,

Β 

Trishy β™₯️

Β 

HeyπŸ’ Mary,

Β 

Β 

Love ya girl,

TT, β™₯️

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Tim grilled out but it was just us.Β  We had days in the mid 90's and terrible thunderstorms 2 nights.

Last night, I swear Trishy, it sounded like the lightening was hitting the ground and cracking it open.Β  It was awful.Β  It's just good to have Tim homeΒ  :D.Β  No, I haven't locked him out lately.Β  :D. Our ocean water temp was high too.Β  I swear I think they said 90.Β  Love yaΒ  ;)

Sounds like you and Tim had a nice peaceful weekend except for those storms! 😱 I hate thunderstorms they terrify me. Lightening freaks me out! Today we're in the low 80's and the humidity is building. It's suppose to be in 80's and humid the next few days. πŸ₯΅

Β 

I don't know about you but I'm beginning to get homesick for public places like the mall. I'm starting to really miss being out among other people. I'm still too afraid though. I go to a couple of stores when I need to but I don't linger. I get what I have to get and get out. I'm just missing my old life a little more than I was a few weeks ago..Β  :( I also need to make a cut soon. I think may 29 πŸ˜”

Β 

I would love to swim in an ocean that was 90 sounds like heaven to me 🌊  :D  ;D

Β 

Love ya, TT ❀️

[1a...]