The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I'm back! 😃.. had my telehealth visit and my therapist and she thinks it's a good time to reduce my dose. Her thinking was actually the same as mine, that summer would be the time to do it bc of the virus. Fall and winter could bring covid19 back with a vengeance and she doesn't want me to taper if that should happen. So I was happy that we both agreed on that. I think tomorrow I will make that cut. I have a mild headache still and if it's there tomorrow I won't be cutting. I need to feel up to the challenge physically and mentally. So fingers crossed a tiny cut tomorrow 🙏

The guys are banging away up there with a nail gun 😵.. My poor head! It sounds like they're going to come through the ceiling. I keep telling myself that it'll be worth it when it's finished 🙄

Hope your day is going well so far.. Mine ehhh 🤦‍♀️

I'm back! 😃.. had my telehealth visit and my therapist and she thinks it's a good time to reduce my dose. Her thinking was actually the same as mine, that summer would be the time to do it bc of the virus. Fall and winter could bring covid19 back with a vengeance and she doesn't want me to taper if that should happen. So I was happy that we both agreed on that. I think tomorrow I will make that cut. I have a mild headache still and if it's there tomorrow I won't be cutting. I need to feel up to the challenge physically and mentally. So fingers crossed a tiny cut tomorrow 🙏

The guys are banging away up there with a nail gun 😵.. My poor head! It sounds like they're going to come through the ceiling. I keep telling myself that it'll be worth it when it's finished 🙄

A few years ago we had huge hail batter our neighborhood.  It was awful, most people's roofs were ruined.  For months, counting my house, there were roofers working and nailing and hammering everywhere.  It was so awful.  And just when you thought that had to be the last house, the huge truck would pull up in front of another.    :idiot::crazy:  I was really worried the other night when some of San Antonio had hail, it was going to start all over.  Thank goodness, it didn't hit our neighborhood.  I know how loud it is.  I had never heard hail hit so hard, it woke me up, Tim was out of town, and I didn't know what to do but listen until it passed.  That was scariest I have ever been with Tim out of town.  So I called and woke him up  :laugh: :laugh:    My mom's birthday is tomorrow Trishy, maybe a lucky day for a small cut ;).  LY Too Many, hope they finish all the work efficiently and quickly, MM.  🤗🤗🤗🤗.      🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼❤️

A few years ago we had huge hail batter our neighborhood.  It was awful, most people's roofs were ruined.  For months, counting my house, there were roofers working and nailing and hammering everywhere.  It was so awful.  And just when you thought that had to be the last house, the huge truck would pull up in front of another.    :idiot::crazy:  I was really worried the other night when some of San Antonio had hail, it was going to start all over.  Thank goodness, it didn't hit our neighborhood.  I know how loud it is.  I had never heard hail hit so hard, it woke me up, Tim was out of town, and I didn't know what to do but listen until it passed.  That was scariest I have ever been with Tim out of town.  So I called and woke him up  :laugh: :laugh:    My mom's birthday is tomorrow Trishy, maybe a lucky day for a small cut ;).  LY Too Many, hope they finish all the work efficiently and quickly, MM.  🤗🤗🤗🤗.      🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼❤️

They're doing a great job so far Mary 😃.. I went out to give them bottled water a few times and I'm loving it! I can't wait until the deck and front porch get painted and those boards that need replacing get done. It'll look like a brand new house.. Well close to one anyway :laugh: :laugh:

Honestly, I'm not feeling all that great today. I hope I'm not getting that virus. I have a mild headache, I had chills before but more like chills as in feeling cold not the sick kind. I'm just not myself 🤷‍♀️

You calling Tim during a hail storm is such a Trishy move!  I would have been demanding that Rich come home if that were me, I'm big baby  :laugh: :laugh:

Aww your mom's b day tomorrow! I will be honored to cut on your mom's b day  ;D.. hope her day is my luck. I'm sure you miss her ☹️ 🌷🌺🌹🌻 some virtual flowers in her honor 💖🙂

Love ya girl!

They're doing a great job so far Mary 😃.. I went out to give them bottled water a few times and I'm loving it! I can't wait until the deck and front porch get painted and those boards that need replacing get done. It'll look like a brand new house.. Well close to one anyway :laugh: :laugh:

Honestly, I'm not feeling all that great today. I hope I'm not getting that virus. I have a mild headache, I had chills before but more like chills as in feeling cold not the sick kind. I'm just not myself 🤷‍♀️

You calling Tim during a hail storm is such a Trishy move!  I would have been demanding that Rich come home if that were me, I'm big baby  :laugh: :laugh:

Aww your mom's b day tomorrow! I will be honored to cut on your mom's b day  ;D.. hope her day is my luck. I'm sure you miss her ☹️ 🌷🌺🌹🌻 some virtual flowers in her honor 💖🙂

Love ya girl!

:mybuddy: :mybuddy: :hug::therethere:    Hope its just benzo flu or a cold, or nothing.  ;)

Love ya girl!

:mybuddy: :mybuddy: :hug::therethere:    Hope its just benzo flu or a cold, or nothing.  ;)

I think it's passed whatever it was 🙄🙏.. I'm feeling better just cranky. Rich is really loving me tonight :laugh: :laugh:

You and Tim have a good night, I'll be on tomorrow at some point I'm sure. Hope we hear from the others 🤞🙏  Love ya, TT ❤️  :mybuddy:

Love ya girl!

I think it's passed whatever it was 🙄🙏.. I'm feeling better just cranky. Rich is really loving me tonight :laugh: :laugh:

You and Tim have a good night, I'll be on tomorrow at some point I'm sure. Hope we hear from the others 🤞🙏  Love ya, TT ❤️  :mybuddy:

Back at ya , MM.  🙋🏼🙋🏼

Morning 🍒 Mary!

The guys are back this morning! Yay!! 😏 Another day of noise 🥺 I'm sure it's all going to be worth it so I'll just have to deal. Omg they don't speak English well and I wish my dil were here she's Portuguese and she understands Spanish. The could talk to them for me. One of the guys asked me what color trim I wanted around my windows and honestly Mary what do I know. I was like uhmm white?? 😂😂 I have a white House with black shutters and a red door.. Should I have chosen something different? Ahhhhh.. Rich would have to be working this morning so I have to make these decisions alone 🤬

I'm cutting tonight so hope mom's b day is lucky for me 😉

Anyway girl you have a great day! Hope you have nice enjoyable weather. It's humid here today an ac kind of day🥵

Love ya,

TT, tortured by trim and ten men 😂😂❤️

Morning 🍒 Mary!

The guys are back this morning! Yay!! 😏 Another day of noise 🥺 I'm sure it's all going to be worth it so I'll just have to deal. Omg they don't speak English well and I wish my dil were here she's Portuguese and she understands Spanish. The could talk to them for me. One of the guys asked me what color trim I wanted around my windows and honestly Mary what do I know. I was like uhmm white?? 😂😂 I have a white House with black shutters and a red door.. Should I have chosen something different? Ahhhhh.. Rich would have to be working this morning so I have to make these decisions alone 🤬

Anyway girl you have a great day! Hope you have nice enjoyable weather. It's humid here today an ac kind of day🥵

Love ya,

Lol, lol.  I would pick either red or black!!    Now find a marker and run out the door and show him what you want, hurry, oh, video it for me.    :laugh: :laugh:

Morning 🍒 Mary!

Love ya,

Lol, lol.  I would pick either red or black!!    Now find a marker and run out the door and show him what you want, hurry, oh, video it for me.    :laugh: :laugh:

Oh you're hilarious!!  :laugh: :laugh:.  Sorry, white is going up! I googled and they say it gives it a more modern look! If Google says it's ok, it must be so!  :laugh: :laugh: oh where's HGTV when you need them?! 😂 Anywho, the fun continues here with my new friend's whom I can barely understand! Lolol! 😜

Quiet here again today. Hope our people are doing ok 🙏🤞🙄

Peace lady be back later,

TT ❤️

Wow, trishy and mary you two are hogging the whole group! Where is everyone?

We had the appointment with the new doctor for my son (telehealth) and it went well; he had already come up with new strategies/tests to try to help him get to a better place. Started two new medications today. We will see how this goes. I am nervous because if this doesn't work I don't know what we will do. My other son will go back to college this week. He is living off campus this year so we are paying for an apartment now. I just hope school is back in session in person in the fall, otherwise we are paying a lot of money for him to be there for no reason. Huge fight with him as he does not want to follow the coronavirus rules, which admittedly are a bit ridiculous in Vermont, they want the kids to not leave their house/apartment for two weeks for any reason upon returning, not for food or even to walk outside. I just told him that if he gets in trouble for not doing what he is supposed to do, it's on him to clean up the mess. He will be responsible, won't party or gather in large groups, he just wants to hike with friends.

Hope you are both okay and hope everyone else is doing as best as possible.

Hi,

After a 5 day Window ( with the window getting smaller every day) it's now back to square one with lots of muscle pain, stiffness and fatigue. Ughh.  I think it was a lull in my Fibromyalgia and not much to do with benzos though. But nobody can tell for sure. I do hope things will improve again soon. Getting so tired of all this sh*t. When will it ever end?

Wishing us all a nice Pentacost Sunday.

We had the appointment with the new doctor for my son (telehealth) and it went well; he had already come up with new strategies/tests to try to help him get to a better place. Started two new medications today. We will see how this goes. I am nervous because if this doesn't work I don't know what we will do. My other son will go back to college this week. He is living off campus this year so we are paying for an apartment now. I just hope school is back in session in person in the fall, otherwise we are paying a lot of money for him to be there for no reason. Huge fight with him as he does not want to follow the coronavirus rules, which admittedly are a bit ridiculous in Vermont, they want the kids to not leave their house/apartment for two weeks for any reason upon returning, not for food or even to walk outside. I just told him that if he gets in trouble for not doing what he is supposed to do, it's on him to clean up the mess. He will be responsible, won't party or gather in large groups, he just wants to hike with friends.

Hey NJ,

It's been really quiet here you could hear a pin drop in the LHSG room  :laugh:.. no clue what happened to everyone 🤷‍♀️

So glad to hear that your son has a plan in place for treatment. I'll pray the meds help him and that he tolerates them well 🙏🤞

Hopefully school will be in person for the kids. College in itself is so costly never mind an apartment thrown in. I'll never forget when my daughter went away for college. She stayed in a suite at the school. There were 3 rooms and one bathroom. She shared it with 2 other girls. We let her life away so she could have the experience. She ended up coming home after a year and then commuted until she graduated. What's worse is she got her bachelor's in journalism and is sitting behind a desk working as a medical secretary. I can't tell you how pissed that makes me. She graduated at a time when there were about a million people going for the same job at the same time. It was a horrible time for trying to get a job in any field. It was back in 2009. All that money and education for what? 😩 The only thing is that degree has always gotten her other jobs so it wasn't a total loss. I wish your son all the best and hopefully a very successful, happy college experience. 🙏

Stay healthy and safe,

Trishy ❤️

Hi,

After a 5 day Window ( with the window getting smaller every day) it's now back to square one with lots of muscle pain, stiffness and fatigue. Ughh.  I think it was a lull in my Fibromyalgia and not much to do with benzos though. But nobody can tell for sure. I do hope things will improve again soon. Getting so tired of all this sh*t. When will it ever end?

Wishing us all a nice Pentacost Sunday.

Aww so sorry Troch what a bummer 😔 I hope it passes quickly. This is such a rollercoaster. Good days, bad days.. And then try to figure out what's wd and what's not. It's enough to make your head spin off your shoulders  :crazy:

Happy Sunday to you as well,

Trishy ❤️

Hey Trishy, well girlfriend, what was the decision, did you cut or going to hold a little longer? 

June starts my 4th year at this crap, kind of in the dumps  :(

Hey Trishy, well girlfriend, what was the decision, did you cut or going to hold a little longer? 

June starts my 4th year at this crap, kind of in the dumps  :(.

Aww my sweet 🍒 Mary I don't like you being sad 😞.. You have to remind yourself the progress you've made in those 4 years. Remember this is a marathon we are taking the long, slow road home with good reason. The suffering this kind of wd causes is unbearable and it'll take as long as it takes. I completely understand your frustration though bc you know I get that way to sometimes. It feels like this will never end however looking back.. well " you've come a long way baby" as they say  ;D Now I want you giving yourself credit for how far down the road you've traveled. You'll get to the finish line girl and so what how long it takes, you're headed in the right direction so chin up woman!  :mybuddy:  ;):smitten: :smitten:

I did not cut last night but tonight's the night 🙏😩.. last night the guys didn't leave until almost 9 and I was wound up like a top! I just wanted to go to bed and not worry about making a cut so I saw no harm in waiting one more day 🤷‍♀️

Love ya,

TT ❤️

Trishy your daughter as a journalist could write an article about the truth about benzos. Better than that Lisa ling who was too sensationalist. NJ I'm so glad your younger son is getting treatment and feeling better.

I'll catch up when I can. Hi Stutt, Mary, Suzy my friend, hi Espy, olive kitty and all the other warriors in this group. Good night to you all.

Trishy your daughter as a journalist could write an article about the truth about benzos. Better than that Lisa ling who was too sensationalist. NJ I'm so glad your younger son is getting treatment and feeling better.

I'll catch up when I can. Hi Stutt, Mary, Suzy my friend, hi Espy, olive kitty and all the other warriors in this group. Good night to you all.

Hey VNM,

So glad to hear from you! I hope all is well with you and your daughter. The world is a crazy mess! I hope it's gotten better where your are.🤞🙄

You have a good night, sleep well and stay safe 🙏❤️

Trishy ❤️

Aww my sweet 🍒 Mary I don't like you being sad 😞.. You have to remind yourself the progress you've made in those 4 years. Remember this is a marathon we are taking the long, slow road home with good reason. The suffering this kind of wd causes is unbearable and it'll take as long as it takes. I completely understand your frustration though bc you know I get that way to sometimes. It feels like this will never end however looking back.. well " you've come a long way baby" as they say  ;D Now I want you giving yourself credit for how far down the road you've traveled. You'll get to the finish line girl and so what how long it takes, you're headed in the right direction so chin up woman!  :mybuddy:  ;):smitten: :smitten:

I did not cut last night but tonight's the night 🙏😩.. last night the guys didn't leave until almost 9 and I was wound up like a top! I just wanted to go to bed and not worry about making a cut so I saw no harm in waiting one more day 🤷‍♀️

Love ya,

TT ❤️

It's the start of my 4th year.  I don't blame you for not cutting after hammering until 9.  Wishing you great luck with that cut  ;) LY 💕🌺❤️

Hey NJ,

It's been really quiet here you could hear a pin drop in the LHSG room  :laugh:.. no clue what happened to everyone 🤷‍♀️

So glad to hear that your son has a plan in place for treatment. I'll pray the meds help him and that he tolerates them well 🙏🤞

Hopefully school will be in person for the kids. College in itself is so costly never mind an apartment thrown in. I'll never forget when my daughter went away for college. She stayed in a suite at the school. There were 3 rooms and one bathroom. She shared it with 2 other girls. We let her life away so she could have the experience. She ended up coming home after a year and then commuted until she graduated. What's worse is she got her bachelor's in journalism and is sitting behind a desk working as a medical secretary. I can't tell you how pissed that makes me. She graduated at a time when there were about a million people going for the same job at the same time. It was a horrible time for trying to get a job in any field. It was back in 2009. All that money and education for what? 😩 The only thing is that degree has always gotten her other jobs so it wasn't a total loss. I wish your son all the best and hopefully a very successful, happy college experience. 🙏

Stay healthy and safe,

Trishy ❤️

Trishy,

Even if your daughter could have gotten a job in journalism those jobs are all gone now. My degree is in English and I started out as a writer for a company but there is no money in that! I would like to get back into communications from nonprofit management in fundraising (which is just a little more money--but still not much).

My oldest son in college really just wants to play outside--hike, climb, ski--so all this money for college seems to be a waste to be honest. But he is smart so hopefully will do something with his career. My youngest wants to be an engineer and those schools are ridiculously expensive and don't give much aid, even with small small financial aid package I am sure we will owe at least $60,000/year. I don't know how we will do that. Both kids will graduate owing about $25,000 and I would like to keep it to that but not sure if we will be able to.

Val, good to hear from you. Mary, I know it is depressing this all takes so long. But if we can go forward and not be bed bound that is forward progress.

Hi v,

I just lost my sam post! Good to hear from you. Hope and pray things are improving were you are. Hope your cut went ccx well. I made o e a few weeks ago, honestly it wasn't bad. Just more anxiety. My muscles are not bad. Kind of better, weird. It's hard to tell what your really feeling with the world flipped upside down. I'm sure you heard what is happening here. Its unreal. The word has went bananas! love you! Gnight ❤❤🙏

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning ladies and gentlemen l am in work so this will be a quick message.l will be going into hiding as my twiny is about to make a cut 😵. You will be grand twiny just don't panic you have done this enough to know how it goes.I am sure your house looks gorgeous.Get out walking honey and try not to overthink it.love you my LSt.X

. Morning NJ l am not in America so forgive me however my daughter has to work to pay her own accommodation it is not my responsibility.All students here work to pay their way through university.lt isn't an option.l don't really understand why it is your debt.Have to say if the parents had to fork out for everything there really wouldn't be too many at university.love to you.X

Morning Suzy and Val what is going on in your neck of the woods?l really hope you are both doing ok?Stay strong my lovelies.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary not surprised you are feeling down honey.l think we all thought this would be a lot easier.l know you will get lower it is just so hard to cope with all the pain these damn drugs can cause.You will bounce back honey just let it pass.l am doing ok still in withdrawal what can you do.l will be going into sis tomorrow so will probably be back on Wednesday if work permits.l hope you feel better soon honey.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Troch l know this is soul destroying however it is the nature of the beast.l know you are looking for reasons and you find it difficult to believe this is withdrawal however in my opinion it is.Stay strong honey.love you.

Love to everyone here hoping you are all staying safe and well.

Love and hugs Stut.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning ladies and gentlemen l am in work so this will be a quick message.l will be going into hiding as my twiny is about to make a cut 😵. You will be grand twiny just don't panic you have done this enough to know how it goes.I am sure your house looks gorgeous.Get out walking honey and try not to overthink it.love you my LSt.X

. Morning NJ l am not in America so forgive me however my daughter has to work to pay her own accommodation it is not my responsibility.All students here work to pay their way through university.lt isn't an option.l don't really understand why it is your debt.Have to say if the parents had to fork out for everything there really wouldn't be too many at university.love to you.X

Morning Suzy and Val what is going on in your neck of the woods?l really hope you are both doing ok?Stay strong my lovelies.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary not surprised you are feeling down honey.l think we all thought this would be a lot easier.l know you will get lower it is just so hard to cope with all the pain these damn drugs can cause.You will bounce back honey just let it pass.l am doing ok still in withdrawal what can you do.l will be going into sis tomorrow so will probably be back on Wednesday if work permits.l hope you feel better soon honey.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Troch l know this is soul destroying however it is the nature of the beast.l know you are looking for reasons and you find it difficult to believe this is withdrawal however in my opinion it is.Stay strong honey.love you.

Love to everyone here hoping you are all staying safe and well.

Love and hugs Stut.X

Morning twin! 😀 So good to hear from you! You know we always miss you! Getting a word from you is like waking up on Christmas morning  :yippee:  :laugh:

Yes, I made the cut last night! Do you know how hard it is to pill split a round pill to take only an 1/8 of that pill away ?! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I destroyed a few in trying Uhggg! So duck and cover twin I believe a storm might be rolling in  :laugh: :laugh: let's see what the benzo beast throws at me this time , I'm not going down though without a fight  :boxer:  :laugh:

Have a good day lady, don't work too hard, enjoy!

Love you,

LST ❤️

Good morning LHSG

Just a quick update.  Had all of my tests done so tomorrow is doctor day.  I had to cancel the 8AM appointment cuz there is just no way I could do it.  10 is hard enough. 

I have been holding steady at 1.88 and my back hurts terribly.  The heating pad doesn’t seem to help anymore.  Oh woe is me.

I will wait a bit longer and drop in a week or so.

Hope everyone is well.  Sounds like Trishy will have a beautiful home!

Much to do, will update after tomorrow

Love ya,

TT ❤️

It's the start of my 4th year.  I don't blame you for not cutting after hammering until 9.  Wishing you great luck with that cut  ;) LY 💕🌺❤️

Mary don't think about the years. I'm on the 5 to possibly 6 yr plan as far as I can tell. I just can't do it any faster. I think once you are over the current hump of wd from the last cut you're going to feel better both mentally and physically. I think your pain will calm down. Sometimes we have to do really long holds in between to feel better. I have done two very long holds already. One was a 6 month hold and this one a 5 month hold. I have lost almost a year of tapering if you add that up but there's no way I can do this without giving my brain and body a break. That's why the LHSG exists for people like us who for whatever reason can't go faster. Our bodies are just  sooooo sensitive. We are not the easy taper people. So we will live our lives the best that we can while we taper the long hold way. You have many friends here who love and adore you. You light up the virtual rooms here 💡😃.. So you come back to us soon. You can have a day or two to get your thoughts together but that's it! If you don't return I will start up RIDDLE TWO FOR TUESDAY! Yup that's a threat!  ;):laugh: :laugh:

Love ya woman, now get back here and be my partner in crime!  :D;D

TT, Time for TWO FOR TUESDAY.. Maybe 😁

Good morning LHSG

Just a quick update.  Had all of my tests done so tomorrow is doctor day.  I had to cancel the 8AM appointment cuz there is just no way I could do it.  10 is hard enough. 

I have been holding steady at 1.88 and my back hurts terribly.  The heating pad doesn’t seem to help anymore.  Oh woe is me.

I will wait a bit longer and drop in a week or so.

Hope everyone is well.  Sounds like Trishy will have a beautiful home!

Much to do, will update after tomorrow

Hey GP,

Good luck at the Dr tomorrow and I hope you get some relief from your pain. :( Is it benzo related? Seems a lot of people have muscle pain from tapering like our Mary.

Thanks for updating us and pop in when you can to give us an update on Drs appt.

I am loving my house right now, haven't seen it look this good in a long time. It took a pandemic quarantine for Rich and I to finally get it done!  :laugh: :laugh:

Be well my friend,

Trishy ❤️

[d5...]