The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Wow, trishy and mary you two are hogging the whole group! Where is everyone?

We had the appointment with the new doctor for my son (telehealth) and it went well; he had already come up with new strategies/tests to try to help him get to a better place. Started two new medications today. We will see how this goes. I am nervous because if this doesn't work I don't know what we will do. My other son will go back to college this week. He is living off campus this year so we are paying for an apartment now. I just hope school is back in session in person in the fall, otherwise we are paying a lot of money for him to be there for no reason. Huge fight with him as he does not want to follow the coronavirus rules, which admittedly are a bit ridiculous in Vermont, they want the kids to not leave their house/apartment for two weeks for any reason upon returning, not for food or even to walk outside. I just told him that if he gets in trouble for not doing what he is supposed to do, it's on him to clean up the mess. He will be responsible, won't party or gather in large groups, he just wants to hike with friends.

Hope you are both okay and hope everyone else is doing as best as possible.

Hey NJ,

It's been really quiet here you could hear a pin drop in the LHSG room  :laugh:.. no clue what happened to everyone 🤷‍♀️

So glad to hear that your son has a plan in place for treatment. I'll pray the meds help him and that he tolerates them well 🙏🤞

Hopefully school will be in person for the kids. College in itself is so costly never mind an apartment thrown in. I'll never forget when my daughter went away for college. She stayed in a suite at the school. There were 3 rooms and one bathroom. She shared it with 2 other girls. We let her life away so she could have the experience. She ended up coming home after a year and then commuted until she graduated. What's worse is she got her bachelor's in journalism and is sitting behind a desk working as a medical secretary. I can't tell you how pissed that makes me. She graduated at a time when there were about a million people going for the same job at the same time. It was a horrible time for trying to get a job in any field. It was back in 2009. All that money and education for what? 😩 The only thing is that degree has always gotten her other jobs so it wasn't a total loss. I wish your son all the best and hopefully a very successful, happy college experience. 🙏

Stay healthy and safe,

Trishy ❤️

Trishy,

Even if your daughter could have gotten a job in journalism those jobs are all gone now. My degree is in English and I started out as a writer for a company but there is no money in that! I would like to get back into communications from nonprofit management in fundraising (which is just a little more money--but still not much).

My oldest son in college really just wants to play outside--hike, climb, ski--so all this money for college seems to be a waste to be honest. But he is smart so hopefully will do something with his career. My youngest wants to be an engineer and those schools are ridiculously expensive and don't give much aid, even with small small financial aid package I am sure we will owe at least $60,000/year. I don't know how we will do that. Both kids will graduate owing about $25,000 and I would like to keep it to that but not sure if we will be able to.

Val, good to hear from you. Mary, I know it is depressing this all takes so long. But if we can go forward and not be bed bound that is forward progress.

Hey NJ,

You make a very good point! She actually makes good money doing what she does now. My daughter though came out of school with a mountain of debt. Unfortunately my husband and I couldn't guide her when it came to student loans and she ended up with Sallie Mae private loan. Huge mistake!  Thankfully she can swing the payments between her and her husband. He btw has student loans too. He went to U Mass very smart guy but they have their share of debt.

I wouldn't worry too much about your son at school, it sounds like you've done an amazing job raising both of them. I'm sure they will both do very well in school and in life. Just make sure that you have a very big purse to help pay for their education.  ;)  :)

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning ladies and gentlemen l am in work so this will be a quick message.l will be going into hiding as my twiny is about to make a cut 😵. You will be grand twiny just don't panic you have done this enough to know how it goes.I am sure your house looks gorgeous.Get out walking honey and try not to overthink it.love you my LSt.X

. Morning NJ l am not in America so forgive me however my daughter has to work to pay her own accommodation it is not my responsibility.All students here work to pay their way through university.lt isn't an option.l don't really understand why it is your debt.Have to say if the parents had to fork out for everything there really wouldn't be too many at university.love to you.X

Morning Suzy and Val what is going on in your neck of the woods?l really hope you are both doing ok?Stay strong my lovelies.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary not surprised you are feeling down honey.l think we all thought this would be a lot easier.l know you will get lower it is just so hard to cope with all the pain these damn drugs can cause.You will bounce back honey just let it pass.l am doing ok still in withdrawal what can you do.l will be going into sis tomorrow so will probably be back on Wednesday if work permits.l hope you feel better soon honey.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Troch l know this is soul destroying however it is the nature of the beast.l know you are looking for reasons and you find it difficult to believe this is withdrawal however in my opinion it is.Stay strong honey.love you.

Love to everyone here hoping you are all staying safe and well.

Love and hugs Stut.X

May I say one thing to you Stut, get your ass back here, I can't handle a cutting Trishy on my own !!

:laugh: :laugh:  Love you my Queen  ;). Your Lady Mary X Hen 🐥🐥🐥💚💚💚

Morning ladies and gentlemen l am in work so this will be a quick message.l will be going into hiding as my twiny is about to make a cut 😵. You will be grand twiny just don't panic you have done this enough to know how it goes.I am sure your house looks gorgeous.Get out walking honey and try not to overthink it.love you my LSt.X

. Morning NJ l am not in America so forgive me however my daughter has to work to pay her own accommodation it is not my responsibility.All students here work to pay their way through university.lt isn't an option.l don't really understand why it is your debt.Have to say if the parents had to fork out for everything there really wouldn't be too many at university.love to you.X

Morning Suzy and Val what is going on in your neck of the woods?l really hope you are both doing ok?Stay strong my lovelies.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary not surprised you are feeling down honey.l think we all thought this would be a lot easier.l know you will get lower it is just so hard to cope with all the pain these damn drugs can cause.You will bounce back honey just let it pass.l am doing ok still in withdrawal what can you do.l will be going into sis tomorrow so will probably be back on Wednesday if work permits.l hope you feel better soon honey.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Troch l know this is soul destroying however it is the nature of the beast.l know you are looking for reasons and you find it difficult to believe this is withdrawal however in my opinion it is.Stay strong honey.love you.

Love and hugs Stut.X

May I say one thing to you Stut, get your ass back here, I can't handle a cutting Trishy on my own !!

Ahh!! There your are! I posted you and threatened to bring back Riddle Tuesday if you didn't show your face around here! I see it worked!  :laugh: :laugh:

And no you can't handle a tapering Trishy without the help of my twin.. Prepare for hurricane 🌀 TT to arrive in a few days. I can almost hear the wind picking up  :laugh: :laugh:

Love and hugs Stut.X

Ahh!! There your are! I posted you and threatened to bring back Riddle Tuesday if you didn't show your face around here! I see it worked!  :laugh: :laugh:

And no you can't handle a tapering Trishy without the help of my twin.. Prepare for hurricane 🌀 TT to arrive in a few days. I can almost hear the wind picking up  :laugh: :laugh:

Oh no, a hurricane, I may hear it starting up too.  Where's Stut?    :laugh: :laugh:

Love and hugs Stut.X

Oh no, a hurricane, I may hear it starting up too.  Where's Stut?    :laugh: :laugh:

😕 Hiding 😋.As much as l would love to be here for the hurricane sadly duty calls 😏. You will both be grand pull those big pants up and get on with it 😉.l hope you are both doing alright your country is going a bit crazy my offer stands come over to me away from the madness.l hope you both are holding your own and not letting everything get on top of you?l will hopefully be back tomorrow if work permits.All the same this end no big changes so woohoo 🎊🎉. love you my lady Mary Hen and my lST X 😘

Morning GP how did your results go?l hope you are doing ok.Try to taper slowly honey and no more dual tapers 😧. love you X

Morning Suzy you are very quiet are you ok honey?l hope you are doing ok pet.We are here if you want a chat.love you.X

Morning Troch is this not your update day?l hope you are getting a little relief honey.Hang in there.love you.X

Morning Esperanza Gilly NJ Meems Nova Miyu Bill Val Olive Valley Intend Free MM Final and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hello LHSG

Yes Stut, I’ve learned.  Dual tapers are definitely a no no.  And yes I am going very SLOW.

Doctors went ok.  Lungs may be from reflux so either elevate the bed or take Nexium.  I asked if a probiotic would work as I don’t want to take Nexium.  Answer was No.  so either Nexium and osteoporosis or not and esophagus cancer.  Hmmmm.  Also probably need to lower my thyroid med.  if I get shaky or palps then that’s what to do.  Evidently the older you get and losing weight I will need less.  So not a bad visit.

Still feeling awful and back pain but still breathing.

Hope everyone is well.

Hi Stut!

I'm ok. Been kind of withdrawn. Lots of depression with everything going on. I'm hanging in there. Just walked to the store. My car is getting fixed today. So being without a car for 3 weeks messedmy routine up. It's so hot here! Humid . Tongue still burning onamd off and my teeth feel strange thin like. Dr. Gave me pepcid and saliva med and a wash. I might not take the saliva med it makes me nervous. This could be the benzo, thyroid, acid realism stress, idk. Glad you are busy working and things are quiet over there! Hope your sx are easing. Love you d

Hi e everyone, hope you are all ok. Hang in there, this to shall pass!

Hi Stut!

I'm ok. Been kind of withdrawn. Lots of depression with everything going on. I'm hanging in there. Just walked to the store. My car is getting fixed today. So being without a car for 3 weeks messedmy routine up. It's so hot here! Humid . Tongue still burning onamd off and my teeth feel strange thin like. Dr. Gave me pepcid and saliva med and a wash. I might not take the saliva med it makes me nervous. This could be the benzo, thyroid, acid realism stress, idk. Glad you are busy working and things are quiet over there! Hope your sx are easing. Love you d

Hi e everyone, hope you are all ok. Hang in there, this to shall pass!

Hey DD,

Nice to see you here. I'm sorry your mouth is still an issue for you must be very frustrating. Hang in there, the world seems upside down lately. Lots of crazy stuff going on 😳

I'm back at it again, tapered a tiny amount praying to God it doesn't kick my a$$ 🙏

Take care girl,

TT ❤️

Thanks tt!

It's pretty nuts for sure! O mg !;,just try to relax, deep breathing m and I'm sure it will go well. Fun doing this now! Yikes!

Love and hugs Stut.X

😕 Hiding 😋.As much as l would love to be here for the hurricane sadly duty calls 😏. You will both be grand pull those big pants up and get on with it 😉.l hope you are both doing alright your country is going a bit crazy my offer stands come over to me away from the madness.l hope you both are holding your own and not letting everything get on top of you?l will hopefully be back tomorrow if work permits.All the same this end no big changes so woohoo 🎊🎉. love you my lady Mary Hen and my lST X 😘

Miss you twin! Glad you're keeping busy though. I wish that me and your hen could escape to beautiful northern Ireland sounds like heaven to me! You know we'd make you crazy though :D:laugh: :laugh:

I got my big girl pants up and let me tell ya if they get any bigger I'm joining the gym!  :laugh: :laugh:

Don't worry I won't be too much trouble for the hen 🤥 😂

Stay safe love you!

LST ❤️

Thanks tt!

It's pretty nuts for sure! O mg !;,just try to relax, deep breathing m and I'm sure it will go well. Fun doing this now! Yikes!

Got my fingers crossed DD 🤞 really don't feel like suffering right now but it'll be what it's going to be I guess 😬

Hi Stut,

Yes, it is.  Well, after 5 better days last Sunday was a bad day. But since then things have been a lot better again. Not much pain,  hardly any fatigue,  sleep some 6 hours per night. Enjoying the summer weather. So not many complaints.

Leg muscles,  neuropathy in feet not much improvement though, but I seem to be coming to except that "easier"  at the moment.  Maybe because of the Paroxetine really started to work.

Started to exercise a bit more to strengthen my muscles and perhaps ease the stiffness. I'm doing an online therapy,  guided by my physical therapist,  to accept pain etcetera and make it less prominent in daily life. Could be helping too.

Hope your still OK. I love the way you look after us!  Priceless. Thanks so much for that. X

HELP 🏳️🏳️🏳️ I'm trying to cut a quarter piece of pill with a pill splitter and I'm destroying it! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Gotta get this right people or I'm screwed.  :tickedoff: I need to know if anybody has any tips on how to dry cut more accurately than I'm doing. My pills used to be football shaped and I had very little problem cutting them and now my pills are round and much more difficult to cut for whatever reason  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: oh poor is me 😔😢

HELP 🏳️🏳️🏳️ I'm trying to cut a quarter piece of pill with a pill splitter and I'm destroying it! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Gotta get this right people or I'm screwed.  :tickedoff: I need to know if anybody has any tips on how to dry cut more accurately than I'm doing. My pills used to be football shaped and I had very little problem cutting them and now my pills are round and much more difficult to cut for whatever reason  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: oh poor is me 😔😢

Hey, ask on Withdrawal Support, more people read, or planning Your Taper, the Simple one.

More people know on that one.... :smitten:

Hey, ask on Withdrawal Support, more people read, or planning Your Taper, the Simple one.

I already posted on wd support but not on planning your taper.. I'll see if I get any answers on wds if not I'll do the other. These round pills are a bitch  :tickedoff:

How are you feeling? Everything ok? ❤️

I already posted on wd support but not on planning your taper.. I'll see if I get any answers on wds if not I'll do the other. These round pills are a bitch  :tickedoff:

Not really, benzo belly pain back and a damn migraine  >:(  :(.    Benzo's suck

Oh Mary I'm sorry ☹️ that just sucks! Benzos sure have their way with us don't they? I'm so tired of the bull **** these damn things give us.

What are you doing for your poor tummy? Did you talk to others who suffer from benzo belly and get some ideas?

I'm truly sorry you're in so much pain all the time girlfriend but I have to say you handle it so well. You manage to keep going and give support to others through it all.

Sending you lots of healing hugs and my super powers  :mybuddy::therethere::pokey:

Love you!

TT ❤️

Oh Mary I'm sorry ☹️ that just sucks! Benzos sure have their way with us don't they? I'm so tired of the bull **** these damn things give us.

What are you doing for your poor tummy? Did you talk to others who suffer from benzo belly and get some ideas?

I'm truly sorry you're in so much pain all the time girlfriend but I have to say you handle it so well. You manage to keep going and give support to others through it all.

Sending you lots of healing hugs and my super powers  :mybuddy::therethere::pokey:

Love you!

TT ❤️

Thanks TT, I have read most of the benzo belly threads on here and got some advice.  Right now I just started an anti inflammation diet but it's only been a couple days .  I am tired of the pain though TT.  It gets exhausting after a while.  LY, somebody will be on to help you cut.  What mg is the pill?

Love you!

TT ❤️

Thanks TT, I have read most of the benzo belly threads on here and got some advice.  Right now I just started an anti inflammation diet but it's only been a couple days .  I am tired of the pain though TT.  It gets exhausting after a while.  LY, somebody will be on to help you cut.  What mg is the pill?

Oh I sure hope the diet works for you Mary I'd love to see you get some relief 🙏

I'm pill splitting a .25 mg pill and when it comes to taking a quarter piece of the pill and trying to cut that in half that's where I run into trouble , it doesn't split well and it crumbles half the time 🤦‍♀️♀️i bought a new splitter today but it didn't help. I'll get this down eventually. I just got so frustrated with it today I felt like pulling my hair out! I think my mood is sucky too bc of all the crap going on. 2020 has been one damn thing after another.. Sheesh!!  :crazy:

Hi everyone,

Trishy please please please if you're dry cutting get a jewelry scale. There is no other way to do it accurately. There are plenty on amazon. I have two and I weigh the pieces on the two different scales to make sure they weigh almost the same, maybe with only 0.001 mg difference. The scale is so easy to use once you get used to it, plus, there are youtube videos on it.

I have two of these. You have the same ones over there. Just go to amazon US and get them today.

Mary I commiserate with you for the benzo belly.Mine is insane lately, I think it might be due to cutting the trazodone. I'm down from 50 to 12.5 mgs traz and I'll stay there until I eventually come off the valium as per my drs instructions. He said not quit it yet in case the valium taper gets bumpy. So since I cut the traz my benzo belly is insane. I hope the diet works for you. I really can't be very strict with diets. I did extreme diets throughout all my teens and I'm sick of that now. Please tell us how the diet works for you and if it's effective. I hope you get better.

Hi Suzy,

I hope that taper is not being too rough, although in these days the taper seems to have become the least of our troubles. Yes, I have of course seen  what's going on in the US. I hope the riots stop although I'm not surprised this happened after watching that video of that poor man being murdered in cold blood by a police subhuman, with the accomplices looking at the whole scene and doing nothing. I hope they all get a life sentence and suffer terribly in prison.

Anyway as much as I follow international news, each country is in such agony at the moment that we're mostly looking at what's happening locally. While you have the army on the streets to stop the riots, we are here looking defenselessly from our houses to the onset of communism in this theoretically democratic country. They are using the "state of alarm" to bring out new laws that will make it more and more difficult to ever kick them out. It would be long to explain and I don't want to write the name of my country all over the forum again as I'm always concerned my crazy ex will find me. I hope you stay safe from all this street violence although what I read today was that things are calming down. I hope they do.

[c6...]