The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello my people!

Just got home from therapy, God I love my therapist. If she weren't my therapist I'd want to be her friend. She's definitely the kind of person I'd want to be friends with.

I hope everyone is doing ok today. I myself am still battling a cold🤧 🤬

Oh btw for any movie lovers here, saw it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood last night with Tom Hanks and hated it! Ugh I thought it was awful. I loved Mister Rogers but this movie imo was terrible🤮

Love to all of you!

TT ❤️

TT, are you going to movies and having popcorn my friend?  If that is case I am putting warning on label ". Too Many Calories ".  Tight size Ten.    Sorry for cold, love ya T..    MM 💜💜💜 :laugh:

TT- you are so lucky you get to see your therapist.  I miss mine!  I felt the same way about her.  I can’t see her cause my insurance sucks and I have to pay out of pocket.  She was so knowledgeable and understanding about w/d and even called my psych to lobby for me to do a very slow taper.  I wanted to see A beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.  I too loved Mr. Rogers.  I can’t wait to see 1917. I don’t remember if you said, but did you like “Judy”?  I like movies and of course music, as you know.  Sorry you are battling a cold 🤧.

Lotsa love 🎥 🍿 🎶

Meems

My therapist is out of pocket too, unfortunately. I had to stop going because I was spending my life savings on her at $150 an hour..

But I miss her so much too  :'(

I loved the Mr. Rogers movie! Everyone is different I suppose.. did you see the documentary on him? Loved that too.

Oh there’s a documentary?  Gotta look it up.

DD - I want to squeeze and kiss Mary’s dog 🐶 too.  Woof!  I do that on my two senior cats but doggies are so fun to squeeze and kiss 😘

Oh there’s a documentary?  Gotta look it up.

DD - I want to squeeze and kiss Mary’s dog 🐶 too.  Woof!  I do that on my two senior cats but doggies are so fun to squeeze and kiss 😘.

Meems , at night as we get ready for bed, he is on the couch, Tim sits one one side, I sit on the other,and we lean over and start making smooching noises and kissing.  He gets all excited and starts going around in circles , giving us kisses. It's hilarious and so sweet.  We call it our group hug,but it's really kisses.  💋💋💋💋.  He is a chi-pin, you can look him up on google.  Half chihuahua,half miniature pincher. 

OMG!!!  I just looked the breed up on google.  How adorable.  Does he have big ears?  That so sweet he gets all excited and runs around in circles.  Like he can’t contain himself.  Ha ha ha. 

❤️🐶❤️

Hello my people!

Just got home from therapy, God I love my therapist. If she weren't my therapist I'd want to be her friend. She's definitely the kind of person I'd want to be friends with.

I hope everyone is doing ok today. I myself am still battling a cold🤧 🤬

Oh btw for any movie lovers here, saw it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood last night with Tom Hanks and hated it! Ugh I thought it was awful. I loved Mister Rogers but this movie imo was terrible🤮

Love to all of you!

TT ❤️

TT, are you going to movies and having popcorn my friend?  If that is case I am putting warning on label ". Too Many Calories ".  Tight size Ten.    Sorry for cold, love ya T..    MM 💜💜💜 :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: it's still a nice tight size 8!

I did go to the movies but took my grandkids to see Sonic the hedgehog. Rich and I have been renting movies on TV like Judy and Harriet and it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. We missed those at the movies. First two good, Mister Rogers 🤮

Love u,

TT 🤧❤️

OMG!!!  I just looked the breed up on google.  How adorable.  Does he have big ears?  That so sweet he gets all excited and runs around in circles.  Like he can’t contain himself.  Ha ha ha. 

❤️🐶❤️

His ears flop over, some of them have ears that stand straight up.  They say chi-pins stay 2 years old their whole lives and I believe it.  :laugh:

Ok- so I can see why you picked the little doggie in your ticker.  The colors are similar and his little ears flop over too.  Oh that just makes my heart skip a beat. 💝

TT- you are so lucky you get to see your therapist.  I miss mine!  I felt the same way about her.  I can’t see her cause my insurance sucks and I have to pay out of pocket.  She was so knowledgeable and understanding about w/d and even called my psych to lobby for me to do a very slow taper.  I wanted to see A beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.  I too loved Mr. Rogers.  I can’t wait to see 1917. I don’t remember if you said, but did you like “Judy”?  I like movies and of course music, as you know.  Sorry you are battling a cold 🤧.

Lotsa love 🎥 🍿 🎶

Meems

Aww meems that sucks not being able to see your therapist. Especially bc you connected with her.. Not always the case with a therapist.  Bummer 😏

Judy was good, Harriet as well. I recommend both 🙂

See the documentary of Mister Rogers that was good! I liked that. You can probably get it on Netflix or Amazon or from your cable provider.

Thanks for the well wishes achoo!! 🤧

Love ya,

TT ❤️

It's okay you just skipped me ;). I know you have been through a lot today.  Poor Dan, I kThisnow it scared him.  You and Pepper love on him and make him feel safe.  Love you woman.  Kathy 🐈🐾🐾🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

I’m now reading backwards to see where I skipped you. Actually, when I wrote yesterday that I was going to see the investment person, I put this iPad completely down on the couch and took my dose. Then I put on my clothes and looked for Dan, and then we left. Spent 1.5 hours there, and then went to ups to deliver a letter that required immediate delivery.

Ran other errands, and when we got home, checked ups site and saw that letter was in transit.

And then I picked up this iPad, and the first person I saw commenting was Trish. So I never planned to skip anyone. This whole situation really is upsetting to me.

I know you are, and I know you didn't mean to skip me.  Has Dan been able to calm down some?

Just the word would scare me to death.  I am hoping you are having a good day wd wise and more if possible.

Tim has this stuff on top of his head, they have to clear out a couple times a year, that can turn into cancer.  Damn, I wish the appointment was sooner.  Waiting just sucks.  But I know you, by then you will know as much as Dr.  I just said that about skipping me because I wanted you to know I was concerned and had left you a message.  You know I love you both and beautiful Pepper 🌶, Mary

🌹🌹🐱🐾🐾🚂🚂🚂🚂

Ok- so I can see why you picked the little doggie in your ticker.  The colors are similar and his little ears flop over too.  Oh that just makes my heart skip a beat. 💝.

They do look alike, don't they, lol.

So my people my Rich has to go for a lung cancer screening test tomorrow and I'm a little freaked out by this. He has COPD, he's a smoker. I'm trying to be positive but you know where my mind is going. Ya know I just need this test to be ok bc mentally I can't deal right now. His test is for 1:00 and will take about an hour that's all he knows. He went to his PCP last week and she ordered this test for him. I was not with him or I would have asked her questions. He doesn't even know what kind of test, all he knows is he can't smoke for 4 hrs before the test?? I'm thinking MRI or CT scan🤷 this is why I usually go with him bc he never asks questions. All I know is I just need all to be well 🙏🙄

Trishy, my prayers are with you guys.  Just take us all with you in your heart and mind.  Try and be positive and stay in the moment.  I know that’s easier said than done.

LY,

Meems

So my people my Rich has to go for a lung cancer screening test tomorrow and I'm a little freaked out by this. He has COPD, he's a smoker. I'm trying to be positive but you know where my mind is going. Ya know I just need this test to be ok bc mentally I can't deal right now. His test is for 1:00 and will take about an hour that's all he knows. He went to his PCP last week and she ordered this test for him. I was not with him or I would have asked her questions. He doesn't even know what kind of test, all he knows is he can't smoke for 4 hrs before the test?? I'm thinking MRI or CT scan🤷 this is why I usually go with him bc he never asks questions. All I know is I just need all to be well 🙏🙄

Yes, most definitely Trishy, he won't hear most of what they say because he will be scared and nervous, so you need to be his advocate.  I will definitely be thinking of you guys, sending good thoughts.  I swear, sometimes it seems like life just never gives us a break.  I pray he is fine.  Do you think he will quit smoking now?  Do you know why she ordered the test, was he coughing or anything, or she heard something listening to his chest?  You will be fine, you are strong woman and he will need that strength.  I hope you don't have to wait for results and get them before you leave.  You know we love you Rich.  Mary 💜💜💜💜.  Please keep us informed!

Trishy, my prayers are with you guys.  Just take us all with you in your heart and mind.  Try and be positive and stay in the moment.  I know that’s easier said than done.

LY,

Meems

Thank you Meems you're very sweet. Poor guy told me about this test last week and I was so consumed with myself and getting my medication I completely forgot. He told me at dinner tonight that he was going to work half a day tomorrow and I said why? He said I have my test tomorrow at 1:00 .. I felt so awful for forgetting. Ugh 😔 damn benzos! :tickedoff:

LY,

Meems

Thank you Meems you're very sweet. Poor guy told me about this test last week and I was so consumed with myself and getting my medication I completely forgot. He told me at dinner tonight that he was going to work half a day tomorrow and I said why? He said I have my test tomorrow at 1:00 .. I felt so awful for forgetting. Ugh 😔 damn benzos! :tickedoff:

Oh Trish, we all get so wrapped in our withdrawal, don't blame yourself.  Just make sure you are with him now.  He knows you love him.  I hate withdrawal, we all become so concerned with ourselves, it's a horrible place to be.    :mybuddy: :mybuddy:

Yes, most definitely Trishy, he won't hear most of what they say because he will be scared and nervous, so you need to be his advocate.  I will definitely be thinking of you guys, sending good thoughts.  I swear, sometimes it seems like life just never gives us a break.  I pray he is fine.  Do you think he will quit smoking now?  Do you know why she ordered the test, was he coughing or anything, or she heard something listening to his chest?  You will be fine, you are strong woman and he will need that strength.  I hope you don't have to wait for results and get them before you leave.  You know we love you Rich.  Mary 💜💜💜💜.  Please keep us informed!

You know Mary he has lung nodules that were watched for 3 yrs. They never grew thank God 🙏 but that was about 10 yrs ago. I think bc he has COPD she wants a good look. She's a fairly new Dr to him, this is his second visit to her in a year.

I asked him if she heard anything in his lungs and if she said anything to him about his lungs and he said no that she just wanted him to have this test. She also gave him slip for routine blood work, new BP medication and changed his prostate med. I'm hoping she's just being thorough.

Thank you girlfriend for being a wonderful friend. I love you and all my buddies here. I will post tomorrow after test and hopefully we'll know something bc waiting will absolutely suck and I'll lose my mind in the process. 😘❤️

Oh I am sorry the husbands are going through this. These tests are always so scary. As we all know too. We have a million a yr. I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying all the tests go well. I am sure am sure they will be ok. I know it's very stressful, especially in these tough times we are going through. 🙁 let us know how it goes. Love dd

LY,

Meems

Oh Trish, we all get so wrapped in our withdrawal, don't blame yourself.  Just make sure you are with him now.  He knows you love him.  I hate withdrawal, we all become so concerned with ourselves, it's a horrible place to be.    :mybuddy: :mybuddy:

I'm trying not to feel guilty Mary but it's true you're right that we get so wrapped up in ourselves in our wd we can hardly think of anything but ourselves. We're all good people though and we all love our families. I think it's just the level of suffering we've had to endure and it's prolonged nature that takes us into ourselves and then we get tunnel vision and can only see benzo's scattered all over the path ahead of us. Unfortunately girlfriend this is our life at the present moment. You're also right too that Rich does know I love him and I'll be right there with him tomorrow.

💕💕

Oh I am sorry the husbands are going through this. These tests are always so scary. As we all know too. We have a million a yr. I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying all the tests go well. I am sure am sure they will be ok. I know it's very stressful, especially in these tough times we are going through. 🙁 let us know how it goes. Love dd

Thank you DD.. As they say never a dull moment 🤦‍♀️ hopefully all will be just fine. I think from what he's telling me she's just being thorough. 🤞❤️❤️

Tt,

Dont be hard on yourself. You have had one thing after another to deal with,  plus having to deal with benzo hell. He knows you love him and will always be there for him. Ly dd

LY,

Meems

I'm trying not to feel guilty Mary but it's true you're right that we get so wrapped up in ourselves in our wd we can hardly think of anything but ourselves. We're all good people though and we all love our families. I think it's just the level of suffering we've had to endure and it's prolonged nature that takes us into ourselves and then we get tunnel vision and can only see benzo's scattered all over the path ahead of us. Unfortunately girlfriend this is our life at the present moment. You're also right too that Rich does know I love him and I'll be right there with him tomorrow.

💕💕

Very well written TT  :hug: :hug: :mybuddy::smitten:

LY,

Meems

💕💕

Very well written TT  :hug: :hug: :mybuddy::smitten:

Thanks for the friendship girl.  :mybuddy:❤️❤️

[ce...]