The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Is Sly the doggy?

Yes, and he looks so much like my real dog, same colors, shape and size, so I decided to use him on my Ticker.    He's a good boy  :).  Wouldn't have gotten through this damn taper without him.  💜💜

I have been reading along here for days.

Mary was here for several days. Got very worn down overall. She is moving back here, but not buying the neighbors house. They’ve priced it extremely high-@$700,000. So she wants a house lower than that and can get one in areas of this valley where traffic is not so hectic.

It’s hard for me to even contemplate how the housing prices in this area have gone up so high during the time we’ve been here in this house.

Aside from being so busy, Dan has just been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma. He is prone to precancerous lesions and has had several over the years. But this is not precancerous. Doctor called earlier, and said we’d caught this just in time. Not the worst of the 3 types, so the doctor will most likely do outpatient treatment. Appointment set for March 10th.

Going to get ready to see new investment “guy” at 3 today. I will be back.

Hey intend,

My mother had that and she lived to be old and died from Alzheimer's. I myself have had skin cancer twice. I had basal cell carcinoma. Happened when I was 30 . Both times on my face. I had an amazing plastic surgeon who did my surgery. Not even a noticable scar either time. You'd never know if I didn't tell you from looking at my face. They were both so tiny and that helped as well with incision. I was told I'm at a higher risk for melanoma bc of having skin cancer, that scares the daylights out of me! So anyway good news it was caught in time, I was happy to read that! I'm very fair skinned and had many sunburns as a kid, not a good thing for anyone let alone a fair skinned person.

Love to you, Dan and Pepper.❤️❤️❤️

Thanks Trish and everyone else. We just got home from our errands and Dan is depressed. This news just hit him hard.

Basal cell carcinoma is the most common of the skin carcinomas (8 out of 10) while squamous cell carcinoma is the 2nd most common (2 out of 10). His dermatologist is just glad I insisted he see him.

One would think that a Mexican like Dan would be dark skinned, but he’s not. Both  of his brothers, Arthur and Richard are very dark skinned as was his father Amoroso. Dan does tan beautifully, but gave that up over 20 years ago. Now it’s working in his flower garden and just helping the neighbors either snow blowing or mowing their lawn. When something needs doing around here, everyone calls Dan.

So the squamous cell carcinoma is more serious than the basal cell carcinoma, but as you say, not nearly as serious as the melanoma. Senator John McCain had melanoma several times on his face and shoulder, but was able to successfully get treated. The last time he had it though, it invaded his brain, and he finally died after months of radiation and chemotherapy.

I told the doctor today that the time from now till we see him on March 4th tells me that this is not an emergency, so Im just glad we went when we did. And now, we are just taking it easy and going to watch the debates tonight. ❤️💜❤️💜

It's okay you just skipped me ;). I know you have been through a lot today.  Poor Dan, I know it scared him.  You and Pepper love on him and make him feel safe.  Love you woman.  Kathy 🐈🐾🐾🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

Awe Mary.  He’s adorable! animals are amazing!  I think, actually I know, they sense our struggles and they love us through each step of the way.  I wish I could get a therapy dog. Big belly scratches and kisses on his forehead and whiskers to your doggie 🐶. ❤️

Woof woof

Meems

intend- I’m sorry to hear Dan is depressed.  Awe big hug.  I’m watching the debates too and feel like I need a freaking Xanax just to watch it.  Just kidding.  I’ll switch channels if I start to get too anxious.  Have a good night!

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Intend l am sorry our Dan has another worry however great you caught it in time.lt definitely could have been a lot more serious.He will feel better once he gets his head round the diagnosis it's always a shock.It really is on the upturn.Give him a massive hug from me.Mary will get sorted very quickly l would imagine.I hope you are doing ok? love to you and Dan.X

Morning Troch both very prominent in withdrawal also insomnia and depression.l have probably found that they all kinda go hand in hand if that makes sense.l find probably the hardest thing to deal with is my inability to cope which frustrates me most of all.l have always had a high threshold for pain however that threshold seems to have lowered.l really hope you slept well last night? love to you.X

. Morning Trish l hope you had a better day yesterday?l posted to you after you went off l don't know if you read it? You will taper when the time is right.Try not to worry too much honey.l know you will however you have been here before and tapered and you will again.love you my lST X

Morning Suzy you appear to be improving my love?l hope so.l think everyone loses their confidence during withdrawal.l for one certainly have.Keep on doing what you are doing honey.love you.X

Morning Meems woohoo 🎊🎉 a window that is a great gift.l hope you still feel good today.Keep on keeping on.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary well hen how are you today?l hope each day sees you improving.Daisy much the same so keeping an eye on her.My girl much the same no miracle yet.This is all getting old 😵.l will try to get on later didn't get up to see my Aunt yesterday so may nip up today.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Stut,

Sleep was OK. I tried something I discussed with someone on BB: splitting the dose into two equal part, taking half before bedtime and the other half after waking up. This had lead to more sleep for him. Well, maybe it did a bit for me too. Woke up the first time around 2, and again just after 5 am. So, not bad. But I did get stomach pain again just after 6 am.

You're right about fear and anxiety being prominent in withdrawal as well as in depression. Pain is another one I have a lot of. Just like fatigue. But they all come and go during the day. A better day mostly being followed by a worse one. I get what you mean with finding that hard to cope with. It sure is!

Hope your day may be a nice one!

Morning Stut,

Sleep was OK. I tried something I discussed with someone on BB: splitting the dose into two equal part, taking half before bedtime and the other half after waking up. This had lead to more sleep for him. Well, maybe it did a bit for me too. Woke up the first time around 2, and again just after 5 am. So, not bad. But I did get stomach pain again just after 6 am.

You're right about fear and anxiety being prominent in withdrawal as well as in depression. Pain is another one I have a lot of. Just like fatigue. But they all come and go during the day. A better day mostly being followed by a worse one. I get what you mean with finding that hard to cope with. It sure is!

Hope your day may be a nice one!

Well you may find if you keep doing that your sleep will improve.lt is all trial and error.l have periods of insomnia however thankfully they go as quickly as they come.l try not to worry about it.Easier said than done.l really hope the pain eases as the day progresses Troch.Try to get out for a walk honey.l know it is hard however in my opinion it helps.X

The pain begins early in the morning on an empty stomach and goes away after I have had my breakfast. It's probably my Esophagus.

I just had an hour or so of feeling dizzy and faint. Has gone after I had lunch. Both make me very nervous.

Hope to find some strength to take a walk later this afternoon.

Morning Intend l am sorry our Dan has another worry however great you caught it in time.lt definitely could have been a lot more serious.He will feel better once he gets his head round the diagnosis it's always a shock.It really is on the upturn.Give him a massive hug from me.Mary will get sorted very quickly l would imagine.I hope you are doing ok? love to you and Dan.X

Morning Troch both very prominent in withdrawal also insomnia and depression.l have probably found that they all kinda go hand in hand if that makes sense.l find probably the hardest thing to deal with is my inability to cope which frustrates me most of all.l have always had a high threshold for pain however that threshold seems to have lowered.l really hope you slept well last night? love to you.X

. Morning Trish l hope you had a better day yesterday?l posted to you after you went off l don't know if you read it? You will taper when the time is right.Try not to worry too much honey.l know you will however you have been here before and tapered and you will again.love you my lST X

Morning Suzy you appear to be improving my love?l hope so.l think everyone loses their confidence during withdrawal.l for one certainly have.Keep on doing what you are doing honey.love you.X

Morning Meems woohoo 🎊🎉 a window that is a great gift.l hope you still feel good today.Keep on keeping on.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary well hen how are you today?l hope each day sees you improving.Daisy much the same so keeping an eye on her.My girl much the same no miracle yet.This is all getting old 😵.l will try to get on later didn't get up to see my Aunt yesterday so may nip up today.love you my lady Mary HenX

Hey twinny,

I didn't see it  but I'm not surprised with the way this thread moves sometimes.

Yeah, I'll taper but it's just going to be the 5 yr plan 😏. Ah well it is what it is.

I'm in the parking lot of my therapist office so going in now. I'll be back later but I'm probably not going to find you here, so,  I hope you have a lovely day tiny lady 😘

Love you much!

LST ❤️

Awe Mary.  He’s adorable! animals are amazing!  I think, actually I know, they sense our struggles and they love us through each step of the way.  I wish I could get a therapy dog. Big belly scratches and kisses on his forehead and whiskers to your doggie 🐶. ❤️

Woof woof

Meems

He says send Auntie Meems sloppy kisses  :D.    💋💋💋💋💋💋

Pets are really good for withdrawal, I really believe that.  Didn't you tell me you have a cat? 🐱

So cute!  :laugh: woof

Sloppy kisses from Sly to Auntie DD.  💋💋💋💋

He loves people and kids,but isn't too fond of cats.  I believe if one was around on a regular basis, he would become the cats friend pretty quickly though.  He is just social.  :D :D

Oh Stut, I hope your daughter and Daisy start improving right away.  I know you are exhausted, especially the way you are feeling.  Your right arm isn't too bad,so if you need it, let me know.  Hope you get to check on Auntie.  Please take care of yourself too please.  We all love you so much!  Today is Joe's last day, how exciting and scary that must be.  Our boy is growing up  :D :D.  Love you my Queen, your Lady Mary  x Hen.  Pets and love to all the babies. 🐈🐾🐾🐶🐕🐾🐾. 💜💜💜💜

Awww..kisses to cute little sly!! He must be so adorable if he looks like that picture, I could just squeeze him!! ❤❤

He looks also much like that dog, truthfully that's why I drove myself crazy learning to to that Ticker

:D:mybuddy:    How are you today DD?  Another ugly day here, and my eye is annoying me, but not to bad for the rest.  LY, MM.  💜💜💜

HibStut,

Believe me, I understand, this is getting old. How much aches and pains and whatever else can a person take. Its ridiculous. 🤣 There are dd's ays I'm like what's the point. I'm flippin tired. But, get up and go. Ouch! I am doing pretty good. Who knows why. Well you guys ofcourse. Who knows were I would be. I hope you feel better and little daisy too. Hope your day isn't to hard. Like you say, keep on keeping on! Love you Suzy

Hi Trocn, I know this stinks. I really think you are healthy. You have checked everything. Sounds like we sx to me. It's good you have things checked. Hoping you health anxiety calms down. You are going to be ok.

Mmm,

Are you feeling better! When are you cutting 🙁 Have you decided on what to do.yet??

I am doing better but who knows how long.  Washed some clothes and cleaned the kitchen already.

That's so pitiful, now I am hoping to exercise this afternoon.  That will be a very busy day for me  :(

Tim and I are going to have long discussion on what to do next this weekend.  I keep going back and forth, hold, cut and hold, slow dlmt.  Every time I read something new, my mind changes  :idiot: :idiot:  I hate this....whatever, it will be a low % .  ;)

That's good mm,

That's about all I can do most days. Sometimes I go out. Not in the mood today. I know I feel pitiful too. It's up and down. Seems alot down. It will shift. I did some real light exercise. I tend to overdo it. I used to do spinning. Now I cant even do regular easy exercise. The muscles dont like it.  :tickedoff: Glad you are doing some exercise. Drink lots of water. I swear by water. I must drink glasses a day. Plus diet coke. I think drinking calms my nerves. So weird. Ly dd Whatever you decide I am sure you will be ok.

That's good mm,

That's about all I can do most days. Sometimes I go out. Not in the mood today. I know I feel pitiful too. It's up and down. Seems alot down. It will shift. I did some real light exercise. I tend to overdo it. I used to do spinning. Now I cant even do regular easy exercise. The muscles dont like it.  :tickedoff: Glad you are doing some exercise. Drink lots of water. I swear by water. I must drink glasses a day. Plus diet coke. I think drinking calms my nerves. So weird. Ly dd Whatever you decide I am sure you will be ok.

I use to spin too, now I see those Spinning Bike commercials and almost pass out  :laugh: :laugh:

Hello my people!

Just got home from therapy, God I love my therapist. If she weren't my therapist I'd want to be her friend. She's definitely the kind of person I'd want to be friends with.

I hope everyone is doing ok today. I myself am still battling a cold🤧 🤬

Oh btw for any movie lovers here, saw it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood last night with Tom Hanks and hated it! Ugh I thought it was awful. I loved Mister Rogers but this movie imo was terrible🤮

Love to all of you!

TT ❤️

It's okay you just skipped me ;). I know you have been through a lot today.  Poor Dan, I kThisnow it scared him.  You and Pepper love on him and make him feel safe.  Love you woman.  Kathy 🐈🐾🐾🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

I’m now reading backwards to see where I skipped you. Actually, when I wrote yesterday that I was going to see the investment person, I put this iPad completely down on the couch and took my dose. Then I put on my clothes and looked for Dan, and then we left. Spent 1.5 hours there, and then went to ups to deliver a letter that required immediate delivery.

Ran other errands, and when we got home, checked ups site and saw that letter was in transit.

And then I picked up this iPad, and the first person I saw commenting was Trish. So I never planned to skip anyone. This whole situation really is upsetting to me.

[78...]