The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Morning people!

Rise and shine! Another day in Paradise 😁 hope you all have a very tolerable day in the land of wd. Let's keep fighting the good fight my buddies! 💪

Love to all,

Trish ❤️

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Troch l am sorry to read you are back in the thick of withdrawal however l am not surprised.l think my love you are maybe expecting too much to soon.You have only been holding a short time.l know this is frustrating however the fact that you have been having better days is for me a very good sign.Honestly l haven't had a window during this whole taper.l know you want to feel better quickly honey however this takes as long as it takes and the only thing that will get us through a hold is accepting this is normal.Your brain is healing itself and that is why we are suffering.When we do get off this drug we know we will continue to heal and it is the same when we hold.Withdrawal doesn't just stop.Give it time love you will benefit in the long run.love to you.X

Morning lady Mary awe Hen you are back where you belong 🍾🎉🎂💓. Now don't be overdoing it honey rest and more rest for a while.l have to say l feel better that you are here l felt as if my right arm was missing 😍.As for the taper don't even consider it until you are in a better place.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Trish glad you got your script.Honestly it has happened to everyone.l haven't saw any of those movies l maybe will when they come out is there any superheroes in them 😜. Maybe now you can calm down a little.Try to have a better day.love you my lST X

. Morning Meems l am sorry you are feeling low l don't think anyone in your situation would feel any better.Who knows if an ad will help you l see so many mixed comments on here it is difficult to predict.Whatever you decide we will support you.love you.X

Morning Suzy you do sound a little better honey?l hope so anyway.Listen l was brought up by very negative and critical people l thought l wasn't good enough however that is absolute crap.I ain't perfect nor do l want to be however l do like myself and that is enough.Break the cycle honey.I learned a long time ago l can be treated badly only if l allow myself to be.love you.X

Morning Olive how are you doing honey? Still able to get out and about?l hope so.love you X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Bill GP Nova Miyu Espy Final and everyone here sending you my love.X

Morning twin!

About the movies, actually, yes one super hero in the film Harriet Tubman! She saved many slaves in this country. It was a very moving film. Made me sad to think of how ignorant humanity can be, that we'd actually make slaves out of human beings bc of race. Horribly wrong and heart breaking! She was a true hero, I highly recommend the movie.

As for Judy! Another good movie I recommend  but also sad how tortured she became from living almost her entire life as a performer. She started at age 2 on stage and her life just spirals downward, I'll never watch the Wizard of Oz again without thinking how tortured this poor soul was.

Yeah, so quite the reminder for me at how dependent I am on my poison pills. I wanted them in my hands on Friday but that was not to be! I waited until yesterday, Tuesday, until he finally called it in 🥺.. how in the world am I to live like this for a few more years. I don't see myself getting off these for another 3 to 5 yrs. My body can't tolerate but tiny cuts with long spans of time between them 🤦‍♀️ The one good thing is that my therapist always tells me she'd help me get a Dr if I lose mine and she always says " who cares if it takes 5 yrs to get off"! She's really on my side, but not at first, she had to get to know me to know I was not abusing the medication and really just wanted off. As she puts it " you're not a red flag" . She always says people don't reduce when they're abusing. She knows how far I've come.

Well seems I've written you a book my dear! 😄

Have a great day my darling twin and I'll see you around these parts again!😁

Love you tiny woman!

LST ❤️

Morning Twiny l will defo watch them when they come on.l have to say slavery is still very much alive and well in this day and age and still going on in front of our noses which is sickening.l know you are worried about how long this will take however l believe we will be ok.We are not the people that will be targeted so try not to let that fear overwhelm you please.l have to say it never ceases to amaze me that we took these drugs for years and never thought about them now they are all we can think about.Weird to say the least.l really hope you have a better day honey.love you my lST X 😘💓

Morning Troch l am sorry to read you are back in the thick of withdrawal however l am not surprised.l think my love you are maybe expecting too much to soon.You have only been holding a short time.l know this is frustrating however the fact that you have been having better days is for me a very good sign.Honestly l haven't had a window during this whole taper.l know you want to feel better quickly honey however this takes as long as it takes and the only thing that will get us through a hold is accepting this is normal.Your brain is healing itself and that is why we are suffering.When we do get off this drug we know we will continue to heal and it is the same when we hold.Withdrawal doesn't just stop.Give it time love you will benefit in the long run.love to you.X

Morning lady Mary awe Hen you are back where you belong 🍾🎉🎂💓. Now don't be overdoing it honey rest and more rest for a while.l have to say l feel better that you are here l felt as if my right arm was missing 😍.As for the taper don't even consider it until you are in a better place.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Trish glad you got your script.Honestly it has happened to everyone.l haven't saw any of those movies l maybe will when they come out is there any superheroes in them 😜. Maybe now you can calm down a little.Try to have a better day.love you my lST X

. Morning Meems l am sorry you are feeling low l don't think anyone in your situation would feel any better.Who knows if an ad will help you l see so many mixed comments on here it is difficult to predict.Whatever you decide we will support you.love you.X

Morning Suzy you do sound a little better honey?l hope so anyway.Listen l was brought up by very negative and critical people l thought l wasn't good enough however that is absolute crap.I ain't perfect nor do l want to be however l do like myself and that is enough.Break the cycle honey.I learned a long time ago l can be treated badly only if l allow myself to be.love you.X

Morning Olive how are you doing honey? Still able to get out and about?l hope so.love you X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Bill GP Nova Miyu Espy Final and everyone here sending you my love.X

Right arm calling Stut.....right arm is here, what can I do with it for you my Queen? Punch our King perhaps  :laugh:;D. No, I refuse to scratch anyone's itchy balls.  I got caught up on most of my reading yesterday, so what wasn't read , just ain't going to be.  It's amazing how far behind you can get :idiot:  Pets and kisses for your babies, and wishing good test scores for your daughter.  Hope you are feeling some better my Queen, your Lady Mary x Right Arm🐱🐾🐾🐕🐶🐾🐾🐾.    💜💜💜💜

Right arm calling Stut.....right arm is here, what can I do with it for you my Queen? Punch our King perhaps  :laugh:;D. No, I refuse to scratch anyone's itchy balls.  I got caught up on most of my reading yesterday, so what wasn't read , just ain't going to be.  It's amazing how far behind you can get :idiot:  Pets and kisses for your babies, and wishing good test scores for your daughter.  Hope you are feeling some better my Queen, your Lady Mary x Right Arm🐱🐾🐾🐕🐶🐾🐾🐾.    💜💜💜💜

.Awe hen don't you worry l have my left hand scratching anything that itches 🤢.l know your still not great l wouldn't do that to you yet 😂. You could give our King a slap l am always up for that 😧.How are you today honey feeling any stronger?X

Hi Mary,

Sorry to say my day is much worse than yesterday. Was to be expected, I guess.

Perhaps tomorrow will be a better one again.

There seems to be a pattern like that in the last few months.

Hope your day is OK.

Tired as a dog, but did go for my daily walk. Now idea how I did it,  but I did.

.Awe hen don't you worry l have my left hand scratching anything that itches 🤢.l know your still not great l wouldn't do that to you yet 😂. You could give our King a slap l am always up for that 😧.How are you today honey feeling any stronger?X

Yes, I am feeling better, brain can put a sentence together  :D. Who's left hand, Joe?  :D. Always up for a slap but will keep away from his left hand.  I am worried about Daisy, how old is she? 

Our weather next 2 days is going to suck, cold, rainy and windy.  I saw the planes trying to land at Heathrow on news the other day, wow, that would have scared the crap out of me.  The wind was pushing the planes around like a toy.  You feel better my Queen.  Hope Auntie is doing alittle better each time you see her.  💜💜💜💜

Thx Stut!

I am struggling with that. I will break the pattern. I did like myself, but rhis wd rook it all away. I think. Idk. Im sorry about your arm. Man. Thats terrible. Hopefully we will all get to the other side soon. We can endure though! Love you Suzy

Hi.mm!

I had that sc once. It was terrible. Something like that. I hope its getting better. Just jump in and dont worry about catching up. Its gets too confusing sometimes! Live you dd

Hi Mary,

Sorry to say my day is much worse than yesterday. Was to be expected, I guess.

Perhaps tomorrow will be a better one again.

There seems to be a pattern like that in the last few months.

Hope your day is OK.

Tired as a dog, but did go for my daily walk. Now idea how I did it,  but I did.

It is so disappointing this is totally non linear.  I think that depresses me more than anything.  A day or2 of feeling pretty decent then bam. Hate it.  I know we are suppose to learn to roll with the punches, but seems that is pretty damn hard.  After feeling good, it just seems to feel worse when you loose it.  But hey, you walked!! That's always good,and believe me we all know how it feels to loose the feeling good part.  But we are here, and know I am going through it with ya, LY.  Mary 💜💜💜

Good morning (almost afternoon).  So you know I don’t sleep well (not unique for us I know) and I usually get up feeling like shit and just going with it.  This morning I laid back down after I fed Sam, my very vocal cat, and I fell asleep until 9:55. Mom comes in and says “are you gonna oversleep” (I take her to dialysis at 10 am.  Anyways, I slept and had dreams and when I got up, even in a rush to get dressed, I felt so happy.  It’s a wonder what some sleep can do for you. I could have slept all day and that would have been fine.  So dropped my mom off at dialysis and went to buy some food.  Stood in line next to an active duty US Air Force guy.  There were 4 of them.  And I said “thank you for your service” and he said “your welcome.”  So I’m home for a few hours of separation from my mom.  I’m in a window just from that sleep.  I don’t know how long it will last.  But even if it’s for a few hours I’ll take it.  Wd is beast so we have to enjoy those windows and ride the waves.  The big blue waves 🌊😀😀😀😀😀😀

I hope all is well.  I haven’t caught up on posts cause I was SLEEPING but will try and see what you all are up to.  Whose scratching itchy balls!!! 😂🤣😂🤣

LY you my sisters and brothers in Benzo recovery land. 

Mwah

Meems.

Yaaaaaay Meems!! You deserve this day!!! May you have many many more. Can't Fly has itchy balls! He says it's w/d but aren't all balls itchy? Or maybe his are worse?

I have been reading along here for days.

Mary was here for several days. Got very worn down overall. She is moving back here, but not buying the neighbors house. They’ve priced it extremely high-@$700,000. So she wants a house lower than that and can get one in areas of this valley where traffic is not so hectic.

It’s hard for me to even contemplate how the housing prices in this area have gone up so high during the time we’ve been here in this house.

Aside from being so busy, Dan has just been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma. He is prone to precancerous lesions and has had several over the years. But this is not precancerous. Doctor called earlier, and said we’d caught this just in time. Not the worst of the 3 types, so the doctor will most likely do outpatient treatment. Appointment set for March 10th.

Going to get ready to see new investment “guy” at 3 today. I will be back.

Oh wow Intend!  So glad they caught it in time and he’ll have outpatient treatment.  That’s some serious stuff. 

Yes, housing prices are ridiculous. Here in California housing prices are ridiculous as well as apartments.  That’s part of the reason I moved back in with my mom and that’s why so many people are moving out of state. I hope she finds a place affordable for her. 

Good morning (almost afternoon).  So you know I don’t sleep well (not unique for us I know) and I usually get up feeling like shit and just going with it.  This morning I laid back down after I fed Sam, my very vocal cat, and I fell asleep until 9:55. Mom comes in and says “are you gonna oversleep” (I take her to dialysis at 10 am.  Anyways, I slept and had dreams and when I got up, even in a rush to get dressed, I felt so happy.  It’s a wonder what some sleep can do for you. I could have slept all day and that would have been fine.  So dropped my mom off at dialysis and went to buy some food.  Stood in line next to an active duty US Air Force guy.  There were 4 of them.  And I said “thank you for your service” and he said “your welcome.”  So I’m home for a few hours of separation from my mom.  I’m in a window just from that sleep.  I don’t know how long it will last.  But even if it’s for a few hours I’ll take it.  Wd is beast so we have to enjoy those windows and ride the waves.  The big blue waves 🌊😀😀😀😀😀😀

I hope all is well.  I haven’t caught up on posts cause I was SLEEPING but will try and see what you all are up to.  Whose scratching itchy balls!!! 😂🤣😂🤣

LY you my sisters and brothers in Benzo recovery land. 

Mwah

Meems.

Oh Meems, that is so great.  You enjoy it girlfriend.  I was too far behind in posts to be sure about the itchy ball rumor, but I think it was Joe or Cant.  :laugh: :laugh:  I love you are behind because you were SLEEPING  :D :D.    LY, Mary 💜💜💜

Yaaaaaay Meems!! You deserve this day!!! May you have many many more. Can't Fly has itchy balls! He says it's w/d but aren't all balls itchy? Or maybe his are worse?

OK, that was my first thought, but was scared to say it.  :2funny: :2funny:

Mary was here for several days. Got very worn down overall. She is moving back here, but not buying the neighbors house. They’ve priced it extremely high-@$700,000. So she wants a house lower than that and can get one in areas of this valley where traffic is not so hectic.

It’s hard for me to even contemplate how the housing prices in this area have gone up so high during the time we’ve been here in this house.

Aside from being so busy, Dan has just been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma. He is prone to precancerous lesions and has had several over the years. But this is not precancerous. Doctor called earlier, and said we’d caught this just in time. Not the worst of the 3 types, so the doctor will most likely do outpatient treatment. Appointment set for March 10th.

Oh Intend, exactly what type of cancer is that?  I am so glad you caught it early.  Do you know the treatment yet?  I gotta say, I was a little worried about Mary living across the street and you having to move in with Trishy  :laugh:    I am glad she will be close though.  LY, 🌹🌹🐈🐾🐾🚂🚂🚂🚂

Hi all.

Would you say that fear and anxiety are the main driving forces behind ( most of) our mental and physical issues?

Some of it Trouch comes from the med itself.  Valium for instance, has a muscle relaxant in it so when you start tapering, and that gets lower,your muscles loose that relaxation and start tightening up.  That's where a lot of my pain comes from I think.  Other benzo's cause other things to happen either in the withdrawal issues or side effects.  I didn't realize for quite awhile  :idiot: that side effects could be causing some of my problems.  I just thought withdrawal was causing everything.  I , just my opinion, think meds cause a lot of fear and anxiety, which then make your original fear and anxiety get worse and things build on each other.  I hope that made sense.  💜💜

Hi Mary,

Makes perfect sense to me.

Side effects, tolerance ( which is already withdrawal in a way),  withdrawal, post withdrawal,  all have enormous impact on mind and body.

Prof. Ashton said, in tapering fear and muscle tightness are the two main issues.

Hi Mary,

Makes perfect sense to me.

Side effects, tolerance ( which is already withdrawal in a way),  withdrawal, post withdrawal,  all have enormous impact on mind and body.

Prof. Ashton said, in tapering fear and muscle tightness are the two main issues.

I can totally agree with that, mine is pain but so many of my close friends, theirs was or is the fear. It all sucks :tickedoff:

Hey intend,

My mother had that and she lived to be old and died from Alzheimer's. I myself have had skin cancer twice. I had basal cell carcinoma. Happened when I was 30 . Both times on my face. I had an amazing plastic surgeon who did my surgery. Not even a noticable scar either time. You'd never know if I didn't tell you from looking at my face. They were both so tiny and that helped as well with incision. I was told I'm at a higher risk for melanoma bc of having skin cancer, that scares the daylights out of me! So anyway good news it was caught in time, I was happy to read that! I'm very fair skinned and had many sunburns as a kid, not a good thing for anyone let alone a fair skinned person.

Love to you, Dan and Pepper.❤️❤️❤️

Hi, all.

Don't know how often anyone even checks this group but thought I'd ask a question. I've been reading through all the posts on this thread/topic and it seems like most people are having physical issues getting worse around their cycle (or problems with their cycles). I get that too but my symptoms are more psychological around my cycle and I feel absolutely psychotic (suicidal, crazy, depressed, anxious, fear..you name it). I just turned 46 and I've had hormones tested which were are "normal." Does anyone else get this or am I the only one??

Warrior24, you are not alone.

I reached the second half of my taper and I am experiencing extreme suicidal ideations, mood swings, violence, paranoia (I literally think everyone is out to get me,) and intense fear that keeps me hiding on the floor of a closet. I don't know who I am anymore. The day ovulation begins, I feel it. My breasts get tender and my armpits hurt. Then it backs off for a bit (2-3 weeks) but the last few days before my period begins, I am a monster.

I am ashamed.

As soon as my period starts, it's all over. I am no longer suicidal. I no longer feel hopeless. I am left to pick up the pieces of the hell I caused. The depression is just crippling. The crying and mourning. I feel so helpless and devastated. Nothing anyone says can help me.

If anyone has any tips on what they did, please let me know. I have tried avoiding so many foods and nothing helped. I tried exercising and it didn't help. I tried adding supplements and nothing stops it from occurring. I am thinking of speeding up my taper just because I can't bare to deal with anymore periods like this.

Please know you are not alone.

Mary, you are so cute.  Are those shamrocks in your ticker?  For St. Patrick’s day?

Lol, yes and Sly traveling the bb world during the seasons and holidays.  :D

[f5...]