Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I forgot to mention that when Rich was registering in the hospital for his test we were both asked if we had been in China the past two weeks and if we had knowingly, possibly been exposed to anyone with the Coronavirus😳😳😳😳😳

Made me very nervous sitting in hospital today thinking about all the germs. I'm just trying to get over a cold and I'm miserable never mind Coronavirus 🥶

I got asked that recently too.. I think they legally have to ask that. I would not worry about the Coronavirus! Not yet at least..

I forgot to mention that when Rich was registering in the hospital for his test we were both asked if we had been in China the past two weeks and if we had knowingly, possibly been exposed to anyone with the Coronavirus😳😳😳😳😳

Made me very nervous sitting in hospital today thinking about all the germs. I'm just trying to get over a cold and I'm miserable never mind Coronavirus 🥶

I got asked that recently too.. I think they legally have to ask that. I would not worry about the Coronavirus! Not yet at least..

It's such a creepy thing. I try not to even think about it 😱

T shirt - check, refrigerator magnet - check.

I’ve been reading the cruise website and they will be screening and taking temperatures and blood oxygen levels.

There’s a new show n TV called Avenue 5 (HBO). It’s so absurd it’s hysterical.  But then again I thought it’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia was funny.

Go to the top of the post in the right hand corner and you'll see where it says quote just click that and a blank box appears and then you type your post and then hit post at the bottom to send it.

Like this?

Good job Meems  ;):D

The people on that cruise ship are here in San Antonio at one of our bases.  :(. I might be a little more worried  :)

Trishy always asking for the most expensive stuff  :P. I'm off to clean, then my reality TV and bed. I hope you all have a decent afternoon. Gnight  :)

:laugh: :laugh: yup!

Night night V! ❤️

Hey wait, we don't get any Dr info?

Did you miss my post pages ago? Rich only had a pulmonary test done today at the hospital. He goes for a CT scan on March 3rd. They called him this morning to confirm his appt for today and that's when he found out it was just pulmonary test. He had to sit in this cube like contraption and do different breathing maneuvers with and without medication ( Albuterol) I guess it tells how well he's breathing or measures it 🤷.. So I have to wait and worry a little longer 🤦‍♀️

Also this is why a wife always needs to go with her husband to his Dr appts, he got it all screwed up my poor Rich 😔

No I didn't miss it, but I wanted to know how you so the test and what it tells you  :P  :P

Oh ok well that's the pulmonary one. It took about an hour probably a little less. He sat in this clear cubicle like thing and he had to do these breathing things with his mouth on tube like thing. He had to breathe out and in different ways. Like he would have to breathe in as much air as he could and then blow it out as hard as he could for as long as he could.. Like that. It was being measured by a computer. It was an expensive test too! I hope our insurance covers it. It was 1300$😳.. so now we wait until March 3 rd for the CT scan and then he has a Dr appt on March 9th I guess to discuss all results. He said when the tech gave him Albuterol he was able to breathe better and he had better measurements than without it 🤷 I'm hoping that all this comes down to is Rich needing to take medication for his COPD and nothing more 🙏🤞

I hope so too Trishy and this scares him onto not smoking.  It took a heart attack to get my bil that's marrying Stut to stop, but he stopped that day  ;)

The people on that cruise ship are here in San Antonio at one of our bases.  :(. I might be a little more worried  :)

Yikes! Now that is a little unsettling..

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish l hope everything is ok.l know the waiting is hard however you will get through it.How is Rich is he ok? Remember this is just precautionary and better to get things checked.Also it gives the doctor a better understanding of how to proceed.l have to say honey you would never survive in my country the waiting lists for all tests are long.Stay strong honey.love you my lST X

Morning GP woohoo 🎊🎉 holiday time 😵. You will get through this.What is the worst that can happen? Enjoy what you can and get through the rest.l don't believe it is ever a good idea to taper another med when tapering a benzo.Stay put and after you have been off the benzo for a long time then tackle the other med.Enjoy your travels my love.love you.X

Morning lady Mary Hen let us know what you decide to do.l know you are fed up however you will get through this.l don't believe it is ever going to be a breeze however if you can keep withdrawal down to a dull roar you will have won the battle.Daisy not just as perky today will see how she goes as the day progresses.My daughter is making great strides so fingers crossed back to Belfast on Monday.Enjoy your weekend honey.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Suzy woohoo you are heading in the right direction.Congratulations my lovely you deserve it.Love you.X

Morning Intend Janice Troch  Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Free Nova Miyu Bill Olive and everyone here sending you my love.X

Thank you Stut.  Words of wisdom.  Never taper two meds at once.  I have learned.  I’m feeling improved since the past few days.

Kisses to Daisy, glad your daughter is improving and hope you are well.

Good morning/afternoon all.  I have found that through this process, I do tend to feel the physical especially when I make a cut, but I think I am one of those that suffers From the emotional aspects of w/d (mood swings and emotional instability). I know a lot of it has to do with my mom and how we have and have always had a very bad strained relationship and I have no support about her elderly care and she’s a narcissist.  So today I’m feeling really angry, alone.  I know a good healthy support system and environment helps aid recovery and I don’t have that.  Not in the least.  I don’t even want to leave the house cause she will go pillaging through my room.  I have to keep my journals hidden. 

Im sorry, know, I’m having a bad pity party.  And not looking for what I have to be grateful for.  As far as tapering, this just makes it even more evident I need to hold.  I’m sorry for venting.  Just not having a good day. 

Is there anyone else who tends to get the emotional / mood swing aspect of the sxs?

Love ❤️ from emotional meems 😔

Hi Meems,

I am sorry your mom isn't supportive. I can relate. My bf isn't very supportive. I cant bring it up without him singing. It's weird. We are arely talk. Anyway, I think no matter we will get better. I have the motional and moods swings too. I dont cry much though. I feel like I should but I hold it in. I guess we just have to feel our feelings and they are probably stronger than they should be in wd. Too much emotion. I'm am emotional enough. Ugh. You will be ok. Sometimes I just do my own thing and work on myself. Listen to coping skills on utube. Lol. My therapist isn't to great. So I'll do it on my own. Plus we have hormones too. Awesome. So sure that ays into this as well. It will get better. Maybe you could try to get out of the house, if your able. It helps. Ly dc

Hi Meems,

I am sorry your mom isn't supportive. I can relate. My bf isn't very supportive. I cant bring it up without him singing. It's weird. We are arely talk. Anyway, I think no matter we will get better. I have the motional and moods swings too. I dont cry much though. I feel like I should but I hold it in. I guess we just have to feel our feelings and they are probably stronger than they should be in wd. Too much emotion. I'm am emotional enough. Ugh. You will be ok. Sometimes I just do my own thing and work on myself. Listen to coping skills on utube. Lol. My therapist isn't to great. So I'll do it on my own. Plus we have hormones too. Awesome. So sure that ays into this as well. It will get better. Maybe you could try to get out of the house, if your able. It helps. Ly dc

Awe thanks DD.  I relate so much to you and you’re words are comforting. I’ll try and get out. 

LY ❤️

Meems

Good morning/afternoon all.  I have found that through this process, I do tend to feel the physical especially when I make a cut, but I think I am one of those that suffers From the emotional aspects of w/d (mood swings and emotional instability). I know a lot of it has to do with my mom and how we have and have always had a very bad strained relationship and I have no support about her elderly care and she’s a narcissist.  So today I’m feeling really angry, alone.  I know a good healthy support system and environment helps aid recovery and I don’t have that.  Not in the least.  I don’t even want to leave the house cause she will go pillaging through my room.  I have to keep my journals hidden. 

Im sorry, know, I’m having a bad pity party.  And not looking for what I have to be grateful for.  As far as tapering, this just makes it even more evident I need to hold.  I’m sorry for venting.  Just not having a good day. 

Is there anyone else who tends to get the emotional / mood swing aspect of the sxs?

Love ❤️ from emotional meems 😔

Hi Meems,

My symptoms has all been emotional ones.  I cry a lot, though it jas gotten less, and I struggles with major depression, which has lifted somewhat.  I still have fear, depression and sadness when I cut.  Overall this getting better as I go down.  I hope this continues as I taper even farther. 

Yikes! Now that is a little unsettling..

I don't dwell on it but it's on our news everyday  :(

I had to find this for a friend today and it is one of my favorite posts, so I thought I would drop it here again.  We have quite a few newbies and it always makes me feel better.  It creates a picture in my mind of healing.

parker post:

A paragraph from Parkers post, explained so well

The process to reverse this takes a while.  GABA receptors have to UPregulate and effectively "reopen" or "grow back".  Glutamate receptors must DOWNregulate, or effectively "turn off" or "prune back".  And IN this mix, all the smaller monoamines (neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine) must somehow find a way to synthesize in the mix.  Through weeks and months the body is rebuildling millions of neurons, and changing pathways, rebuilding GABA, downregulating Glutamate, rebuilding serotonin, rebuilding dopamine, rebuilding norepinephrine.  And ALL the enzymes and hormones that need to be made are attempting to be made while this is going on.  Basically- you have a building where the MAJOR streel structures are trying to be rebuilt at different times - ALL while people are coming and going in the building and attempting to work.

Love you guys !!  Mary 💜☮️💜☮️💜☮️

Thanks mm!

I love that post!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:❤❤

Hey you!!  Hope you had a good day  :D.  I love it too, so I saved it and bring it out a few times a year  ;). Unless I think someone really could benefit from it right then.  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Mary for sharing that. The brain 🧠 infrastructure. .  I used to ride the subway to work Everyday.  You go to the station. Wait for your train.  Sometimes it arrives on time, sometimes late.  You never know.  But then it arrives.  You get on.  Sometimes its crowded and you have to stand or sometimes you comfortably get a seat.  Then it departs the station.  The train moves slow and then picks up steam and goes fast and then travels down a dark tunnel.  And it’s loud.  Then you reach the next stop.  And the train slows.  People get off.  And then get on.  And if the train was crowded and you were standing, suddenly a seat opens up and you get lucky.  Then the train takes off again.  Over and over this takes place until you get to your destination.  But each day is different.  And sometimes you get lucky and sit next to someone who is friendly and you have a nice conversation with.  But most days you just keep to yourself and ride the train until you reach your station.  And then there are days the train has mechanical errors and chugs along or it squeak when the breaks go on and suddenly your hearts starts racing a mile a minute thinking it’s going to break down in the dark tunnel and your going to have to get out and walk in the tunnel.  And sometimes, because of mechanical issues you have to switch trains at the next station and are packed in like sardines.  And there are some days you see a person and their sweet therapy dog.  And then some days you see the most interesting characters.  So the moral of the story is Benzo recovery is a subway train that each ride you have no idea what your gonna get but you got to get on the train in order to get where your going.  Then the day comes where you get a job that provides paid parking  and you no longer have to take the train. 

Thank you Mary for sharing that. The brain 🧠 infrastructure. .  I used to ride the subway to work Everyday.  You go to the station. Wait for your train.  Sometimes it arrives on time, sometimes late.  You never know.  But then it arrives.  You get on.  Sometimes its crowded and you have to stand or sometimes you comfortably get a seat.  Then it departs the station.  The train moves slow and then picks up steam and goes fast and then travels down a dark tunnel.  And it’s loud.  Then you reach the next stop.  And the train slows.  People get off.  And then get on.  And if the train was crowded and you were standing, suddenly a seat opens up and you get lucky.  Then the train takes off again.  Over and over this takes place until you get to your destination.  But each day is different.  And sometimes you get lucky and sit next to someone who is friendly and you have a nice conversation with.  But most days you just keep to yourself and ride the train until you reach your station.  And then there are days the train has mechanical errors and chugs along or it squeak when the breaks go on and suddenly your hearts starts racing a mile a minute thinking it’s going to break down in the dark tunnel and your going to have to get out and walk in the tunnel.  And sometimes, because of mechanical issues you have to switch trains at the next station and are packed in like sardines.  And there are some days you see a person and their sweet therapy dog.  And then some days you see the most interesting characters.  So the moral of the story is Benzo recovery is a subway train that each ride you have no idea what your gonna get but you got to get on the train in order to get where your going.  Then the day comes where you get a job that provides paid parking  and you no longer have to take the train.

Meems this is so good! Can't wait for that paid parking..

Meems, that was excellent, another great picture of our trip through withdrawal.  I think when people have ' a view' it helps when we are feeling bad.  We can see and feel that train, slowing and speeding up.  Love it!  Really imaginative and thoughtful  :clap: :clap:  LY 💜☮️🙏💜☮️🙏💜

[73...]