The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello everyone

I notice there’s not a lot of talk about symptoms and more about “men”. Hopefully that means some are feeling at least a bit better!?

This past week has been a mixed bag for me.  I’ve been quite symptomatic each day, but not as bad as earlier in the month.  The main symptoms this week were benzo fog, some anxiety feeling, and fuzzy vision, sore eyes.  Thankfully many symptoms like depression were gone, and I can still function.  The benzo fog is most debilitating for my work...  I feel like i may be starting to get windows again soon, I hope so.

The nonlinear nature of this is very frustrating.  After feeling a little better last month, I was able to work my way into being comfortable with and accept my symptoms and be more functional.  Then I hit a big wave this month and got worse symptoms and I lost the comfort and acceptance.  Took a real relapse.  Now I have to start over.  Very annoying, but I suppose this is how it goes.  Hopefully things continue to stabilize with minimal new waves

I know there are many others worse off than me.  I hope we all see gradual improvement and better days are ahead.

Good night all

Bill, the women on this group and begood 's blog have discovered talking about men, can be very distracting.  It's just mostly good humor  :). I'm sorry you weren't as well this week, this certainly isn't linear healing.  Hope this week is better and that window opens wide for you.  Love Mary ☮️💜☮️

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Lady Mary you are doing a great job here my love always there for everyone.Keep moving and stretching and hopefully you will get relief soon.l know pain is difficult to deal with in withdrawal but you keep going it will get better.love you my lady Mary.

Oh twiny your missing nothing my love.l have to say I am very happy on my own so l will stay that way.Stick with Rich you have a good one there.Enjoy your weekend my love.love you my lST.

Gilly so glad to see you feeling better long may it last.Keep on keeping on my love.love you.

Esperanza you are still in there and you will get back to doing everything you used to enjoy.This is a blip nothing more.Keep your chin up.love you my hillbilly friend.

Free l have not seen you for a while.Hang in there sweetheart.l need you here.love you.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning my Queen, so good to hear from you again.  You are spoiling us :D. What wonderful thing did you do yesterday?  I live vicariously through you while you are at the beach ;D. Meet anyone?  Hey is your daughter's fiancé there too?  Love you much, Lady Mary 🍀🌺🐱🐕🐶🐾🐾🐾🐾

Trishy, 2 days since we have heard from you.  Are you okay?  Don't let me worry.  I hope Makayla is ok.  Love you , Mary 🐕🐾🐾

Hey, I haven't asked about your son lately, how is he?  :)

Trishy, 2 days since we have heard from you.  Are you okay?  Don't let me worry.  I hope Makayla is ok.  Love you , Mary 🐕🐾🐾

My sweet Mary did you not see my posts yesterday, I've been on everyday. ☹️

Mikayla is going to vet this morning. Rich is taking her, we want some guidance on what we should do. We don't want to be selfish so we'll see what vet advises.

I'm getting my hair done this morning, but Rich will text me and when I find out I'll be sure to let you know. Thank you for asking about our sweet Mikayla ❤️

Love you,

Trish

My sweet Mary did you not see my posts yesterday, I've been on everyday. ☹️

Mikayla is going to vet this morning. Rich is taking her, we want some guidance on what we should do. We don't want to be selfish so we'll see what vet advises.

I'm getting my hair done this morning, but Rich will text me and when I find out I'll be sure to let you know. Thank you for asking about our sweet Mikayla ❤️

Love you,

Trish

Love you too.  🐕🐾🐾🐾🐾💜💜💜💜💜

Hello everyone

I notice there’s not a lot of talk about symptoms and more about “men”. Hopefully that means some are feeling at least a bit better!?

This past week has been a mixed bag for me.  I’ve been quite symptomatic each day, but not as bad as earlier in the month.  The main symptoms this week were benzo fog, some anxiety feeling, and fuzzy vision, sore eyes.  Thankfully many symptoms like depression were gone, and I can still function.  The benzo fog is most debilitating for my work...  I feel like i may be starting to get windows again soon, I hope so.

The nonlinear nature of this is very frustrating.  After feeling a little better last month, I was able to work my way into being comfortable with and accept my symptoms and be more functional.  Then I hit a big wave this month and got worse symptoms and I lost the comfort and acceptance.  Took a real relapse.  Now I have to start over.  Very annoying, but I suppose this is how it goes.  Hopefully things continue to stabilize with minimal new waves

I know there are many others worse off than me.  I hope we all see gradual improvement and better days are ahead.

Good night all

Bill, my eyes are sore also. It’s a sx that popped up with my last cut. I thought it had to do with trigeminal neuralgia, but it’s both eyes not just the left. Vision not fuzzy anymore (knock on wood) but maybe again with next cut.

And this nonlinear business is maddening, but I’m holding longer also. I’m kind of an “experiment “ though. I’ve been on this clonazepam much longer than you with the lorazepam. And through 6 generic changes of this benzo.

We’ll just keep holding and hoping Bill. That’s all we can do.

Bill is right. (Hi Bill) This up and down thing all the time is very frustrating. I thought I was feeling a bit better but today I am finding it hard to function. I'm seriously wondering if I can ever get better. I think I doubt it because it's been going on for so long.

Dave has been shopping and we are back to bought-in salads and things like that. I want to get back to being interested in making meals again. But the whole thing is so bloody futile.

Feeling very down. Trying to tell myself that it is normal to feel like this even when I am well. Everyone has off-days. Don't know how convinced I am. Well, I do. Not very convinced.

Sorry to be miserable.  Love and Hugs to All.  Gilly xxx 💟

Intend, good to see you. Agreed that it is bloody frustrating. Agreed that we need to hold and hang on.

Best wishes, Intend.  Gxxx

Bill is right. (Hi Bill) This up and down thing all the time is very frustrating. I thought I was feeling a bit better but today I am finding it hard to function. I'm seriously wondering if I can ever get better. I think I doubt it because it's been going on for so long.

Dave has been shopping and we are back to bought-in salads and things like that. I want to get back to being interested in making meals again. But the whole thing is so bloody futile.

Feeling very down. Trying to tell myself that it is normal to feel like this even when I am well. Everyone has off-days. Don't know how convinced I am. Well, I do. Not very convinced.

Sorry to be miserable.  Love and Hugs to All.  Gilly xxx 💟

Gilly,

I think it’s maddening like I just posted. And I’m not so interested in cooking either. Dan cooked for us last night. He’s got a small repertoire to cook, but we both like the Mexican food. I’m cooking beans for chili right now. He can’t cook beans in a big pot yet.

But I’ve got him checking them, stirring them, and adding water as needed. Maybe he’ll be the Mexican cook around here at some point. I’ve always been a great teacher so that would be great.

Hope you perk up soon, and nothing wrong with salads so don’t worry about that. 

Intend, good to see you. Agreed that it is bloody frustrating. Agreed that we need to hold and hang on.

Best wishes, Intend.  Gxxx

Hey English, I think and I mean this, you are progressing.  Yes, you still go through bad times but they don't seem to last as long , you are posting more, being funny more and now you are reading again.  I am not as close to your sxs as you and I can see a bigger picture.  I know it's slow, and not linear, but you are moving forward English, I see it.  Love you, Mary (don't tell Dave ;D)

Intend, thank you for the support. I'm just being nagged by Dave at the moment about how I don't try, etc and so I am a bit upset. Silent crying...

Despite how I feel, I always smile because I have this image of you as the Queen of Beans! Imagine the biggest pan in the world and you possess it. Your beans are in it and you tend to them like you are looking after a baby. I tell you, you can come here any time. I LOVE Mexican food!

Hugs to you, Intend. xxx

Mary, Thank you for your encouragement. You are doing a fine job standing in for our Queen Stut. Maybe I am joking more. You are right it's hard to see when you are so close to it. It is bloody frustrating. But that's how it is. Talk later, girlfriend.... Gxxx

Intend, thank you for the support. I'm just being nagged by Dave at the moment about how I don't try, etc and so I am a bit upset. Silent crying...

Despite how I feel, I always smile because I have this image of you as the Queen of Beans! Imagine the biggest pan in the world and you possess it. Your beans are in it and you tend to them like you are looking after a baby. I tell you, you can come here any time. I LOVE Mexican food!

Hugs to you, Intend. xxx

Oh Gilly,

I’d love to emigrate to England. I check the emigration rules all the time for other countries, but they’re getting pretty strict everywhere. I guess I could go to Southern Ireland though since I’m a first generation irish person and should apply for dual citizenship.

See you there, Gilly!

It is so very nonlinear! Even for me. I say I don’t have real windows, but there is a variation of intensity and the four xxs I have take turns showing up. So, yes, it is unpredictable. Trishy, I hope you get good news from the vet. As good as possible, anyway. Let us know. Thinking of you.Espy

Hello everyone,

Well Rich took Mikayla to the vet to find out where we stand and for some guidance as we know she is coming to the end of the road. Rich while speaking with her said so what do you think maybe another 6 months?? She replied maybe 1 to 2 months. So she, the vet, have Mikayla pain med and some gabapentin until the time comes but for now we just keep her comfortable. I say who knows my dog is resilient she could last a little longer but even I know 6 months is very unlikely. We will in no way let her suffer. The vet wants us to call once a week with updates on Mikayla. If she shows any signs of not wanting to eat or not wanting to get up or go out then we will not let that go on and we will do the right thing and put her down. 😭 Neither Rich nor I could ever let an animal suffer, we will not be selfish and try to keep her going for our sakes we love her and will let her go when the time comes.

Love you all, thanks to those thinking of Mikayla and along about her, she gives great big sloppy kisses🐶🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Be back later..

Hello everyone,

Well Rich took Mikayla to the vet to find out where we stand and for some guidance as we know she is coming to the end of the road. Rich while speaking with her said so what do you think maybe another 6 months?? She replied maybe 1 to 2 months. So she, the vet, have Mikayla pain med and some gabapentin until the time comes but for now we just keep her comfortable. I say who knows my dog is resilient she could last a little longer but even I know 6 months is very unlikely. We will in no way let her suffer. The vet wants us to call once a week with updates on Mikayla. If she shows any signs of not wanting to eat or not wanting to get up or go out then we will not let that go on and we will do the right thing and put her down. 😭 Neither Rich nor I could ever let an animal suffer, we will not be selfish and try to keep her going for our sakes we love her and will let her go when the time comes.

It’s hard Trish cause we love them. But I remember trying to keep my dogs alive for a very long time.

I finally realized that I was keeping them alive for myself and that they’d had a wonderful life and were now suffering. Dan and I both stayed with them at the vets as they left us, and cried like babies.

But we must let them go when it’s time.

Hello everyone,

She will have us all around us her when she passes over the rainbow bridge Trishy and my whole brood will be waiting for her.......love you, Mary

Trishy, I know it hurts. All I can do is send my love. She is blessed to be cared for with great love. That is all you can do, and it is Everthing. Espy

Hello everyone,

It’s hard Trish cause we love them. But I remember trying to keep my dogs alive for a very long time.

I finally realized that I was keeping them alive for myself and that they’d had a wonderful life and were now suffering. Dan and I both stayed with them at the vets as they left us, and cried like babies.

But we must let them go when it’s time.

That's what Tim and I do too.  To know they are loved to the end.  💜❤️

[7f...]