Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks so much Mary, can’t, and Gilly.

All good words.

Were you ever destabilized, and how long did you ever hold?

I messed up so many times in the beginning, I was clueless, hadn't found Ashton or BB.  During this 2 year process, 6 months before finding bb and since, I have only done a long hold once, for 40 or so days, then started dlmt and started titrating very slowly.    :)

Hello everyone

Its been a somewhat rough week and weekend, could I ask for some encouragement and maybe advice?  I destabilized my CNS back the beginning of the year and I’ve been holding trying to stabilize since early February.  Many of the worst symptoms are gone, and I had recently a weeklong window 2weeks ago.  Remaining symptoms in this wave are anxiety feelings, nausea and return of some gut pain, as well as WD cog fog.  I get extremely tired functioning through these symptoms. 

I believe a long hold is still my best bet before doing more taper, but what kinds of experiences does anyone have with holding and when to just taper?  My symptoms are really not consistent yet, so I feel like I should continue holding at least until they are.  Anyone have any comments or encouragement?  Things usually get better holding right?

Bill

Hey Bill,

All good questions, -Its finding our answers thats the tricky bit...

Things went much better for me when I worked out that in MY case I had increasing waves for quite some time, and just how I felt inbetween.. It was only that I extended my holding after a wave, that I realised there was more to come..  But windows werent that great till I got a bit ahead, and low dose probably helped too...  Doing a cut n hold helped high light things, but probably contributed to the pattern a fair bit..  Trial, error, gut feeling, and some luck.. -perhaps...??

It takes a bit of time to get into the swing of things, if one is lucky enough to even have a rough pattern, but it looks like you are on the right track...  Maybe give it some extra time this time, in hope of saving time later by having a better idea of your peramiters... 

I guess a lot of it also comes down to what you decide are acceptable, or the best you will get in the way of SX while you taper...

After a while I found there was a set of SX I could use as a bit of a guide... -Others didnt budge much at all...

You will get there, as frustraiting as it can be... I do hope you feel better real soon...

:)

Thanks Intend, -A diary helped me so much too...

:)

Thank you Cant. Keeping a log book really helps to see a pattern over time. I agree completely.

Hi Gilly.

Seems you’re doing better. Guess it’s the non linear nature of this, although you always seem pretty chipper.  :thumbsup:

Morning LHSG, hope you all have a good day after a good nights sleep.  Love you all,  Mary ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏.

Bill, hope you have a better day  :)

Intend, love you, know I think of you as you go through Cathy's illness.  🌹🌹🌹🌹

English, my girlfriend  :laugh: :laugh:

Trishy, so glad you are feeling better again and back to yourself!! ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏

Esperanza, my hillbilly San Antonian cousin, will be so happy when your sxs give you a break.  Love you ❤️💜❤️💜

T, hope you are feeling better, please keep us posted if you feel like it  :)

Can't, thank you so much for contributing to this group, you bring such wisdom and caring.  Thank you.  Love , Mary M 🐍🐊🦎. 💜💜

Mary,

Thanks for thinking of me. Cathy called me earlier and continued some non sensical and difficult to understand ranting and accusations and then hung up on me.

It ends up upsetting the both of us and accomplishes nothing.

But today, I must go to the bank and finally get my account fully aligned as it’s time. So, off to the bank. 🌹 🥀 🌹 🌶 🔨

Hello everyone,

I started my taper back up last night after holding for about 43 days. I cut a quarter of a quarter milligram pill. So we'll see.. Right now I have a weird tingly sensation on my scalp but who the hell knows, no turning back though.

Thinking of you intend and all..

Trish ❤️

Happy Monday, group. Good day for me. For those of you who know I had a cancer scare, it is finally behind me and I am ok. Going to be around to let withdrawal keep kicking my butt. I am lucky that Tom is on staff and could get in the system to read my results. I am sure the office would be having me wait for days. So glad to have that worry gone. Love, Espy

Happy Monday, group. Good day for me. For those of you who know I had a cancer scare, it is finally behind me and I am ok. Going to be around to let withdrawal keep kicking my butt. I am lucky that Tom is on staff and could get in the system to read my results. I am sure the office would be having me wait for days. So glad to have that worry gone. Love, Espy

Oh, that is wonderful news Esperanza.  I am so happy for you!!  I have tears in my eyes, love you my cousin, Mary 💋💋💋💋💋☮️🙏💜☮️🙏💜

Hi All. I'm not too bad today. Just popping in to say hello. Love and Hugs.  Gilly xxx 🌺🌻🌷🌹🌻

Hey girlfriend  ;) glad you are okay today, always good to have you here 🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾💜💜💜💜💜

Morning LHSG, hope you all have a good day after a good nights sleep.  Love you all,  Mary ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏.

Bill, hope you have a better day  :)

Intend, love you, know I think of you as you go through Cathy's illness.  🌹🌹🌹🌹

English, my girlfriend  :laugh: :laugh:

Trishy, so glad you are feeling better again and back to yourself!! ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏

Esperanza, my hillbilly San Antonian cousin, will be so happy when your sxs give you a break.  Love you ❤️💜❤️💜

T, hope you are feeling better, please keep us posted if you feel like it  :)

Can't, thank you so much for contributing to this group, you bring such wisdom and caring.  Thank you.  Love , Mary M 🐍🐊🦎. 💜💜

Mary,

Thanks for thinking of me. Cathy called me earlier and continued some non sensical and difficult to understand ranting and accusations and then hung up on me.

It ends up upsetting the both of us and accomplishes nothing.

But today, I must go to the bank and finally get my account fully aligned as it’s time. So, off to the bank. 🌹 🥀 🌹 🌶 🔨

You are always in my heart Intend, with Dan and Pepper 🌹🌹⚒🛠🐱💜💜

So glad that weight is off you E, tapering is hard enough without added health issues :thumbsup:

I'm tapering again ubgggggg

Hello everyone,

I started my taper back up last night after holding for about 43 days. I cut a quarter of a quarter milligram pill. So we'll see.. Right now I have a weird tingly sensation on my scalp but who the hell knows, no turning back though.

Trish ❤️

You are going to do this and be just fine.  Take a can of Lysol to school and spray each kid as they walk in  :laugh: :laugh:

Hello everyone,

Trish ❤️

You are going to do this and be just fine.  Take a can of Lysol to school and spray each kid as they walk in  :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: great idea, no one is coughing anymore but we did have a case of lice🤪

So funny too, a notice went home to the parents about it and the next day one of our little girls came in and said to me "so whose got the bugs in their hair"? 😂😂.. Everytime I think about it I scratch my head, but no worries had the school nurse check me in clean as a whistle. If I ever got that from the little darlings that's when I would definitely call it quits and be done!

Hello everyone,

Trish ❤️

Well, you are lucky it's never happened  :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: great idea, no one is coughing anymore but we did have a case of lice🤪

So funny too, a notice went home to the parents about it and the next day one of our little girls came in and said to me "so whose got the bugs in their hair"? 😂😂.. Everytime I think about it I scratch my head, but no worries had the school nurse check me in clean as a whistle. If I ever got that from the little darlings that's when I would definitely call it quits and be done!

Thanks, you guys! Six weeks of just having that lingering in the back(middle, actually) of my mind. That is one fear I can let go of now. Withdrawal induced fear is enough to deal with. Trishy, you can do it. You have dealt with sxs before. If they come, you know what they are, and that they are not permanent. You are a seasoned warrior now. What do you say to the god of the Benzo? Not today! Mary can explain that one to you. Hmm, head lice, the teacher’s pets. Been there, done that! Love, Espy

Thanks, you guys! Six weeks of just having that lingering in the back(middle, actually) of my mind. That is one fear I can let go of now. Withdrawal induced fear is enough to deal with. Trishy, you can do it. You have dealt with sxs before. If they come, you know what they are, and that they are not permanent. You are a seasoned warrior now. What do you say to the god of the Benzo? Not today! Mary can explain that one to you. Hmm, head lice, the teacher’s pets. Been there, done that! Love, Espy

You just watched Game of Thrones, but we can't talk about it for Can't, he needs to wait on dvds.  I just watched it and it made me a wreck.  We need a shaky emoji so bad 🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Damn, Esperanza, I am going to change my signature again.  Until you came along, it had been the same thing for months, now I have changed it 3 times  ;D:laugh:

Teachers pets 🤣🤣🤣.. It's so gross but in schools lice happens😱 just don't want it happening to me, maybe I'll wear a what do you call it??🤔 A babushka on my head to school👳‍♀️

Yes E, the joys of tapering

Cousin Mary, I am honored. I will hold off on GOT comments out of respect to Can’t. I just ran across something totally hilarious in the Off Topic posts. It is from March 9(first page) called: how to talk back to a psychiatrist. Lorazepamfree posted it. Everyone should take a look. I always read the posts about psychiatrists. I distract myself from symptoms by thinking up new things I wish would happen to mine. Nothing too cruel, just an audit by the IRS or maybe a mild case of head lice. We mountain people know how to hold a grudge! Espy

Cousin Mary, I am honored. I will hold off on GOT comments out of respect to Can’t. I just ran across something totally hilarious in the Off Topic posts. It is from March 9(first page) called: how to talk back to a psychiatrist. Lorazepamfree posted it. Everyone should take a look. I always read the posts about psychiatrists. I distract myself from symptoms by thinking up new things I wish would happen to mine. Nothing too cruel, just an audit by the IRS or maybe a mild case of head lice. We mountain people know how to hold a grudge! Espy

I will go read it now ;)

Your killing me E! You're cracking me up 🤣🤣

Just got back from exercising....did 36 min on the treadmill on level 4 incline, it's been awhile since I could do that, I use to run 3k 3x a week.  :(.  But I did some exercises and stretches too, so I am happy with that.  Any improvement, I am rewiring my brain.  Screw that pain in my sides and back :D

That was funny Esperanza, but also sad......what to you say to the Benzo God?

Love you, so glad you got the Great News ❤️💜❤️💜🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏.  Mary

Mary, I changed my profile too, although E has way better, wiser sayings and one liners than I do. Probably bc she's a very smart witty lady me thinks 🤔

[33...]