Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Mary did you hear about the kissing bugs?!😱 I'm terrified! Wtf??? I have grandchildren, these are scary bugs. A few years ago we got over run with stink bugs and I didn't think I'd survive those most disgusting looking horrifying bugs🦗🐜🕷️🦗🐜🕷️🤪

I'm okay, Honey, how are you? 😀 xxx

I had a pretty good day dear  :D;)

I'm telling both Tim and Dave 😂😂

Damn, we were trying to keep it on the down low :laugh: :laugh:

Well the jig is up sister and the pig is squealing and rooster is crowing 🤔idk ?? All that just sounded so good in my head 🤣🤣🤣

Well the jig is up sister and the pig is squealing and rooster is crowing 🤔idk ?? All that just sounded so good in my head 🤣🤣🤣

Only in your head  :idiot:  how did the party go?

It was good craic as Stut would say, we ate pizza and had ice cream cake yum! We played a game called LCR , it's a gambling game have you heard of it? It's fun I won twice a whopping 11$ 😁

The pizza in my neck of the woods is to die for kind of pizza.. Thank God bc I love it and so does Rich. He requested it for his birthday dinner.. He's easy to please :laugh: :laugh:

It was good craic as Stut would say, we ate pizza and had ice cream cake yum! We played a game called LCR , it's a gambling game have you heard of it? It's fun I won twice a whopping 11$ 😁

No, but if you are going to win so much $, you need to teach me :D

The pizza in my neck of the woods is to die for kind of pizza.. Thank God bc I love it and so does Rich. He requested it for his birthday dinner.. He's easy to please :laugh: :laugh:

Nothing like an easy to please husband unless it's an easy to please girlfriend  :laugh: :laugh:💋

Nothing like an easy to please husband unless it's an easy to please girlfriend  :laugh: :laugh:💋

Ahhhh.. Romancing English again are you, you hussy :laugh: :laugh:

Well Cant and B3 aren't on and I'm bored, besides we're girlfriends ;)

Well define girlfriends bc there's girlfriends and then there is girlfriends💋💋  :laugh: :laugh:

Well sweet Mary D, I don't want to leave you bored but it's time for me to call it a night, work in the morning. I hope you have a good night.. Search around BB I'm sure you'll find a creeper or two to flirt with just be sure to send one of them my way. Tall dark and creepy is my type 🤣🤣😉

Night lady,

❤️❤️

Well define girlfriends bc there's girlfriends and then there is girlfriends💋💋  :laugh: :laugh:

Well, we're girlfriends  :angel:8)

Well sweet Mary D, I don't want to leave you bored but it's time for me to call it a night, work in the morning. I hope you have a good night.. Search around BB I'm sure you'll find a creeper or two to flirt with just be sure to send one of them my way. Tall dark and creepy is my type 🤣🤣😉

Night lady,

❤️❤️

Nite, girlfriend  :laugh: :laugh:

Hello everyone

Its been a somewhat rough week and weekend, could I ask for some encouragement and maybe advice?  I destabilized my CNS back the beginning of the year and I’ve been holding trying to stabilize since early February.  Many of the worst symptoms are gone, and I had recently a weeklong window 2weeks ago.  Remaining symptoms in this wave are anxiety feelings, nausea and return of some gut pain, as well as WD cog fog.  I get extremely tired functioning through these symptoms. 

I believe a long hold is still my best bet before doing more taper, but what kinds of experiences does anyone have with holding and when to just taper?  My symptoms are really not consistent yet, so I feel like I should continue holding at least until they are.  Anyone have any comments or encouragement?  Things usually get better holding right?

Bill

Hi Bill. Well, you say you want to hold for a while so in my opinion you are best holding a day at a time and seeing how it goes. Perhaps a week at a time may be more realistic? Anyway, I think it is a good idea to be guided by your symptoms. There's no need to rush anything, but I think you know that.

You may find that you never feel 100%. That is to be expected. I think the thing with holding is to get to a point where you may have some symptoms, but you can function with them there. In the same way that you could still carry on if you had a slight headache or a minor cold.

So see how you go. Bear in mind that you will most probably have to make increasingly smaller cuts as you get further down with your taper.

Hope this helps, pal. Good Luck!  Gx

Hello everyone

Its been a somewhat rough week and weekend, could I ask for some encouragement and maybe advice?  I destabilized my CNS back the beginning of the year and I’ve been holding trying to stabilize since early February.  Many of the worst symptoms are gone, and I had recently a weeklong window 2weeks ago.  Remaining symptoms in this wave are anxiety feelings, nausea and return of some gut pain, as well as WD cog fog.  I get extremely tired functioning through these symptoms. 

I believe a long hold is still my best bet before doing more taper, but what kinds of experiences does anyone have with holding and when to just taper?  My symptoms are really not consistent yet, so I feel like I should continue holding at least until they are.  Anyone have any comments or encouragement?  Things usually get better holding right?

Bill

Bill, there is probably a couple answers to that, you can try a slow, low amount dlmt, hold part of the month, titrate part of the month.  It's been working pretty well for me.  I had an almost 3 week window a couple months ago.  So, I kind of follow what lead up to that.  I held for 19 days, then titrated for 5, held a couple more .  It's probably averaging 20 hold days and 10 titrating days and I really only have one sxs that's bad,  the muscles in my back.  Not pleasant, but I really don't have any other sxs.  It's just something you might experiment with, until you find the right amount of days for you.  I average between 3 and 4 % a month.  I have to go slow, but I make progress every month, and am working on those back issues.  Or you can just keep holding.  It's what you feel best about for you  :D. Good luck, you will get that window back ;) Mary

Night everyone, missed every one that didn't post and hope you are okay.  Love you all, sleep well.

Mary  :smitten: :smitten: :sleepy: :sleepy:

Hello everyone

Bill

They usually do get better or more manageable with holding. And if you pay attention to what’s happening and when, you may see a consistent pattern. Keep a log book of your sx each day and review it and look for the pattern.

Hello everyone

Bill

Hey Bill,

All good questions, -Its finding our answers thats the tricky bit...

Things went much better for me when I worked out that in MY case I had increasing waves for quite some time, and just how I felt inbetween.. It was only that I extended my holding after a wave, that I realised there was more to come..  But windows werent that great till I got a bit ahead, and low dose probably helped too...  Doing a cut n hold helped high light things, but probably contributed to the pattern a fair bit..  Trial, error, gut feeling, and some luck.. -perhaps...??

It takes a bit of time to get into the swing of things, if one is lucky enough to even have a rough pattern, but it looks like you are on the right track...  Maybe give it some extra time this time, in hope of saving time later by having a better idea of your peramiters... 

I guess a lot of it also comes down to what you decide are acceptable, or the best you will get in the way of SX while you taper...

After a while I found there was a set of SX I could use as a bit of a guide... -Others didnt budge much at all...

You will get there, as frustraiting as it can be... I do hope you feel better real soon...

:)

Thanks Intend, -A diary helped me so much too...

:)

Thanks so much Mary, can’t, and Gilly.

All good words.

Were you ever destabilized, and how long did you ever hold?

[aa...]

I don't know weather this will help or if it's been discussed but according to Dr. Ashton, benzos can increase the level of prolactin hormone. I know this was so for me as when I started getting ill I went to see an endocrinologist as I was convinced there were hormonal issues at play. My prolactin levels were through the roof at around 1630, they shouldn't be more than 500 and that's when your pregnant. My endocrinologist was stumped as I had no symptoms for this.

Prolactin affects the repoductive system and it's also what signals your body to make milk.

Looking back, it most probably explains why my breasts were so tender and really sore coming up to my period. It could also explain why my periods went haywire and were so heavy. My ovaries felt like they were melting at one point. Increased prolactin can also mess with your estrogen, mine was a little all over the place.

I've noticed these symptoms seem to have settled for the most part now and I think I'm getting my period today which would be right. I had another blood test just before Christmas and got the results back this week, my levels have come down, still over 1000 but only just. There headed in the right direction and I would wager they would be down even further now if I took another test.

For those still on benzos I would bet money this is what could be causing some of your menstrual problems

Yah, that makes a lot of sense I looked up the research. Thanks. I guess though that until I'm off this won't change. I have experienced this in the past during periods when I was off the benzos. Horrible periods clearing up quite a lot.

Thanks so much Mary, can’t, and Gilly.

All good words.

Were you ever destabilized, and how long did you ever hold?

Yeah, Well before benzos, during benzos, and again at the start of my benzo taper after dropping lots in a few months...

3-4months -pill splitting and multi med WD...

-sorry, a bit different to many..

Morning LHSG, hope you all have a good day after a good nights sleep.  Love you all,  Mary ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏.

Bill, hope you have a better day  :)

Intend, love you, know I think of you as you go through Cathy's illness.  🌹🌹🌹🌹

English, my girlfriend  :laugh: :laugh:

Trishy, so glad you are feeling better again and back to yourself!! ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏

Esperanza, my hillbilly San Antonian cousin, will be so happy when your sxs give you a break.  Love you ❤️💜❤️💜

T, hope you are feeling better, please keep us posted if you feel like it  :)

Can't, thank you so much for contributing to this group, you bring such wisdom and caring.  Thank you.  Love , Mary M 🐍🐊🦎. 💜💜

[8c...]