Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

About Zman, I feel a great loss at his passing. I did not sleep that night.  But I am angry at myself because my anhedonia won't let me grieve properly. I feel like a horrible person. I miss him but I can't cry or mourn! He deserves so much.

About Zman, I feel a great loss at his passing. I did not sleep that night.  But I am angry at myself because my anhedonia won't let me grieve properly. I feel like a horrible person. I miss him but I can't cry or mourn! He deserves so much.

Hey.  Just your acknowledgement and post is beautiful and shows how much you care.  Have a little compassion and give yourself some grace.  You are a wonderful person.  Your anhedonia is just a symptom right now like everything else.  We all know you care.  We all know you are an amazing human being.  Hugs to you!

:smitten:

May I ask who is Zman, and what happened?

I tried to look him up and there were a few posts. I'm so sorry. This is the first I've heard of him. I send my condolences to all who knew him. And I feel so sad.

LiveLife

Thanks for your encouragement every one.  Today I went drove to a busy-ish mall near my apartment & I went to 3 stores including a supermarket.  I then came home had a nap & then drove for approx 16 minutes to a dog park. Walked my dog for a while 20 minutes & drove to get hot chips & then home - yay!!

I’m sorry to hear about Zman.  This is so sad, I’m sorry. 

I am grappling with being on a psych drug - I really had no choice though. I was manic, o was doing & saying stuff I didn’t remember doing  I was well on the path to insanity.  I think the knock on my head was too much for my already  overloaded brain.  I wish it was different & I didn’t hit my head - but I did & I know that one day coming off this drug may not be at all pretty - but for now it’s what I need to do. Hopefully soon I’ll be able to watch as much TV as I like, listen to music, write, draw & be me again.  Fingers crossed.  Big love to you all.  Don’t hit your heads what ever you do xxx

Thanks for your encouragement every one.  Today I went drove to a busy-ish mall near my apartment & I went to 3 stores including a supermarket.  I then came home had a nap & then drove for approx 16 minutes to a dog park. Walked my dog for a while 20 minutes & drove to get hot chips & then home - yay!!

I am grappling with being on a psych drug - I really had no choice though. I was manic, o was doing & saying stuff I didn’t remember doing  I was well on the path to insanity.  I think the knock on my head was too much for my already  overloaded brain.  I wish it was different & I didn’t hit my head - but I did & I know that one day coming off this drug may not be at all pretty - but for now it’s what I need to do. Hopefully soon I’ll be able to watch as much TV as I like, listen to music, write, draw & be me again.  Fingers crossed.  Big love to you all.  Don’t hit your heads what ever you do xxx

So hitting your head caused reinstatement? Sorry to hear =/

May I ask who is Zman, and what happened?

I tried to look him up and there were a few posts. I'm so sorry. This is the first I've heard of him. I send my condolences to all who knew him. And I feel so sad.

LiveLife

I didn’t know him either there was an announcement  in community news about him explains what happened. He had family and children. I’ve had periods when you just want a days peace, can understand how people feel so desperate there is no way out. Think it’s uncertainty of not knowing if and when it will improve. Just hope one day doctors are held responsible for the damage they inflict. Very very sad

Hi all,

Bess, it sounds like you really did a lot of things yesterday! Good for you. I'm so sorry you hit your head.  You had to make a choice that best suited you during a difficult time so never feel bad about that. 

Leann, I hope you are going to feel better as temperatures gradually drop. 

Lady Den...I know you are grieving and waving and all the other hard stuff.  I'm thinking of you and holding you so close.

GG, I hope you are continuing to feel better as you get further from the AB you had to take. 

J Ben, keep up your slow but sure progress...hope it speeds up soon.

Best wishes to all others here too (Decatur, Fox Clover, Live Life)

I'm 13 1/2 months post jump and these past couple of months have been rough ones with physical symptoms.  I'm back to having the tight chest feelng that I had in the beginning days.  LOTS of burning and tingling and aching and super loud ear ringing.  BUT, I know the changes have been happening and continue to happen so am holding on.  Grateful to have your experiences from which to draw. 

Onward...

Hi all,

Bess, it sounds like you really did a lot of things yesterday! Good for you. I'm so sorry you hit your head.  You had to make a choice that best suited you during a difficult time so never feel bad about that. 

Lady Den...I know you are grieving and waving and all the other hard stuff.  I'm thinking of you and holding you so close.

GG, I hope you are continuing to feel better as you get further from the AB you had to take. 

I'm 13 1/2 months post jump and these past couple of months have been rough ones with physical symptoms.  I'm back to having the tight chest feelng that I had in the beginning days.  LOTS of burning and tingling and aching and super loud ear ringing.  BUT, I know the changes have been happening and continue to happen so am holding on.  Grateful to have your experiences from which to draw. 

Onward...

Helen I'm so achey too, legs, arms.  Sorry for your pains.

Hi all,

Onward...

Helen I'm so achey too, legs, arms.  Sorry for your pains.

Thanks Fox and I am sorry for your pains too.  We'll get through this.

Bess,

I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. Very exciting news. Hope to hear more good things coming from you. Please keep us updated.

Leann,

Thank you for your reply. It really is so sad.

Helen,

I appreciate the well wishes and send them right back at you.

Hugs!

LiveLife

So hitting your head caused reinstatement? Sorry to hear =/

Hi,

After I hit my head things went downhill - I haven’t reinstated Benzo’s - I clung on for dear life for 5 months & then had no choice but to start on zyprexa. It was literally life or death for me.  I’ll never know how close I was to being healed before I hit my head & this is harder than hard to think I was so so close.  I’m hoping to get back to work within the next 4 - 6 weeks.  Fingers crossed. I hope you’re going ok.

Bess,

I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. Very exciting news. Hope to hear more good things coming from you. Please keep us updated.

Leann,

Thank you for your reply. It really is so sad.

Helen,

I appreciate the well wishes and send them right back at you.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Thanks so much.  How are you going? I stone for 20 minutes today - yay! Tomorrow it will be 25 minutes.  Yay!!!!! Xxxx

Hi all,

Thanks so much - I really appreciate your support. It was something I had to do - I really had no choice at all I’m afraid. I wanted to live & so I had to take that option.  I’m not sure now what is BWD & was is post concussion syndrome - I’m also perimenopausal just to make things extra fun.  I hope you’re well & being good to yourself.

Thank you JBen I needed to hear that. ❤️

Helen and Foxclover, hang in there.

Healing and good wishes to all of you here

Might not post for a bit in a black hole. Just think I would have recovered by now if I was going to after 3 and half years of this. Thank you all for your support. Everyone this far out seems to go on for years in this nightmare, can’t find anyone that recovered after 3 and half years with no windows or improvement. 25 months off AD’s feel as bad as when I stopped them. Sorry I’m in dark place at moment.

Leeann:  I am so sorry you are having a tough time right now. Please know that you are not alone. I am struggling mightily right now as well.  There will be better days ahead!  Your suffering is seen by us and by God. Please keep us posted on how you are doing! 

Hey leann and lisa.  I am so sorry you guys are stuggling so much.  Leann this is just gone on way too long for you.  While I cant find them at the moment, I have seen success stories where folks struggled for over 5 years and then fully recovered. I hope you recover really soon.

I am in a huge wave myself today with anxiety so bad I cannot move.  Everything is making it worse today.  I am disabled today. 

Even though I didn’t know Zman, felt like this since reading about him, guess I can relate to how low this can make you feel. I really couldn’t cope with another 18 months of this. Enough depressing talk, hope you all have a better day than me. So I’ll sign off

Bess,

That is such great news. It's very encouraging as well. Sounds like the Zyprexa is really helping you. How many milligrams are you taking and how long do you think you'll have to take it? I understand how you feel about your setback. I had one early in withdrawal at about 3 months out I was doing quite well for a few weeks my sleep was sketchy and the doctor gave me amitriptyline and it threw me right back. I just wonder how I'd be doing had I never taken that medication. All medications are not the same for sure. Some can be helpful. I am suffering very badly and have been for the last few months. Things just haven't really improved yet. I'm trying to hang on for dear life right now.

Leann, Lisa, JBen, Fox,

Sorry to hear of your suffering I'm right there with you.  Sure hope we all start feeling much much better soon.

Helen, ThatOneGirlStitch,  Ladyden,

Hope you are all having a better day. Sending you warm love and big hugs.

Sending big hugs and warm love to all my benzo buddies.

LiveLife

Am I the only one who still just keep experiencing heart rate issues ? I feel like im rarely ever balanced in any way what so ever. 

Fox Clover,

I think the heart palpitations and tachycardia are pretty common. It's SO uncomfortable but I don't think you're alone!  I'm close to 14 months off and mine is improving. I'll still get palpitations but the racing heart is becoming less of a thing.  I had it really bad for a long time and I'm sure I'm not done with it but it is improving.  Hope yours starts to improve soon.

Helen

Fox Clover,

I think the heart palpitations and tachycardia are pretty common. It's SO uncomfortable but I don't think you're alone!  I'm close to 14 months off and mine is improving. I'll still get palpitations but the racing heart is becoming less of a thing.  I had it really bad for a long time and I'm sure I'm not done with it but it is improving.  Hope yours starts to improve soon.

Helen

Helen, it's hard not to think I have thyroiditis at this point. So frustrating.