Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Lisa,

It's so good that you're able to distract that much. I actually have issues being on the computer I even have trouble using my phone and I can't watch television it's a sensory thing. I was able to watch television for the first nine months and since then it's been a problem. Very frustrating because I would love to watch movies for distraction. During the day though my husband and I sometimes will go for a walk on a nature trail, he works from home so it's nice to have him around. I have adult children a son and a daughter and they are both very supportive but they do not live at home. They've been pretty understanding about the whole thing. But it's sad because I really can't do much with them over the last two years and we used to go to dinner every week together as a family. I'm sure it must be frustrating that your husband doesn't really understand. This whole situation is hard for others to understand even when they're close to us. I think at times I can't even understand why it's taking so long. It really is unbelievable!

You asked how long this wave has been, I have been struggling all along but the last couple of months have been the absolute worst and recently it's gotten even worse. So I'm hoping I'm going to turn some type of corner soon. I'm sure you won't go that much longer because you were doing so well before, that's probably going to be returning to you very soon. And I'm hoping that is the case for you. Hugs!

LiveLife

Does anybody ever get windows in relation to the head pressure stuff?

Pashu, for years on the meds I had nearly constant head pressure and migraine.  In the last 6 months or so, I've had a big decline in frequency and intensity in that symptom.  I still get some head pressure and can feel it in my ears but yes, I have more windows than waves in that area.  Other things have gotten worse, but the head pressure has improved.

Thank you, this inspires hope. The pain has been really bad the past few days, has not quite been as intense as now and I'm happy with this reassurance. The ability of prescription drugs to inflict so much damage is just hard to fathom.

Yes, it's amazing. I saw 2 different neurologists and my primary doc and 2 ENTS docs while I was on the meds because of all the issues with my head. Deep down, I suspected the meds.  I think being completely off of them helped my head pressure. As I said before, I still have issues with it but it's much better than before.  Good luck to you! I'm sure it will get better for you too.

Feeling a bit strange today. Would of been my Mum’s birthday, relieved she isn’t here anymore to inflict more hurt onto me, but in reflective mood. Those of you with kids please make sure they know they are loved, and if you have family conflict , Lady den I know you have some at moment, If it’s possible try to resolve it,    so much of how I feel now is a result of what my Mother did over the years, never had closure as home she was in only told my sister how seriously ill she was. Anyway onwards and upwards, best foot forward etc etc. Was really hot last night about 20 degrees, but too warm for me when our houses designed to keep in the heat😎

Pashu, for years on the meds I had nearly constant head pressure and migraine.  In the last 6 months or so, I've had a big decline in frequency and intensity in that symptom.  I still get some head pressure and can feel it in my ears but yes, I have more windows than waves in that area.  Other things have gotten worse, but the head pressure has improved.

Thank you, this inspires hope. The pain has been really bad the past few days, has not quite been as intense as now and I'm happy with this reassurance. The ability of prescription drugs to inflict so much damage is just hard to fathom.

Yes, it's amazing. I saw 2 different neurologists and my primary doc and 2 ENTS docs while I was on the meds because of all the issues with my head. Deep down, I suspected the meds.  I think being completely off of them helped my head pressure. As I said before, I still have issues with it but it's much better than before.  Good luck to you! I'm sure it will get better for you too.

Also saw my GP, another GP, 2 neurologists and an ENT for my head issues. Glad to hear it improved a lot for you these past few months. How would you describe the pressure now, how often does it come on? Or is it still constant but way lighter?

LiveLife:

Hey there!  Thanks for your encouraging words.  Actually our symptoms sound a lot alike.  I don't have tinnitus or the insense pain on the left side of my body, but about everything else you mentioned.    Today I have had lots of heart palpitations.

I am able to distract.  I do lots of stuff around my house and will run an errand or two if my anxiety will allow.  I am on my computer quite a bit.  I do have some support at home.  My daughters are traveling this summer so they are not at home which is probably a good thing.  One is 18 and the other 20,  and it can get a little stressful when they are home.    My husband tries to be supportive, but he is so frustrated with this and doesn't understand why it is taking so long.  He is always telling me things to "do" to help me get better.  That is a little frustrating for me, but I listen. 

How long has this wave been going on for you?

Hugs To you. I know you addressed this to Live but I wanted to say that I’m having the same problem with people ( family and friends) who don’t understand this telling me to just do this or that. It’s frustrating as you said to keep trying to explain it to them why I can’t. So I totally get what you’re saying. They think because we look mostly normal on the outside that we can just make up our minds and do whatever then….presto, we are healed! OMG I wish it was that easy, right? I would have done that a LONG time ago and I’m sure all of us would too. I told someone awhile back that I wish I had a magic power of touching my family and friends and they would immediately feel what I feel while being touched. They would automatically understand right then.

Sending you hugs and love ❤️

Feeling a bit strange today. Would of been my Mum’s birthday, relieved she isn’t here anymore to inflict more hurt onto me, but in reflective mood. Those of you with kids please make sure they know they are loved, and if you have family conflict , Lady den I know you have some at moment, If it’s possible try to resolve it,    so much of how I feel now is a result of what my Mother did over the years, never had closure as home she was in only told my sister how seriously ill she was. Anyway onwards and upwards, best foot forward etc etc. Was really hot last night about 20 degrees, but too warm for me when our houses designed to keep in the heat😎

Thanks Leann. That’s true about family issues. It’s best to resolve them if you can. The other party has to be willing. Each of them has to communicate well so everyone is being heard. I’m very sorry you had hurtful events with your mother. I hope you heal from that. I’m sure with it being her birthday it brings up memories. You can focus on the positives and just do your best to be happy. Sending you big hugs on this tough day for you! 🤗🌹❤️

Sorry to be the purveyor of some not so good news on my end!  Started taking the Macrobid day before yesterday so have taken three pills thus far.  I am having a terrible reaction to the drug with drenching night sweats, headache, chills, and insomnia.  Did not sleep one wink last night and have to now get dressed for a doctor’s appointment at 9 a.m.  I think the uti is better but will have an initial culture done in the doctor’s office.  I am praying that it is clear as both the Ceftin and the Macrobid are not working and are actually making me sicker.  Macrobid scores very low with a majority of patients who take it and complain of the same side effects I am having. 

So, I don’t know where I will go from here but will update you later today.

Please feel better than me!!!!!!

Hugs,

GG

LiveLife:

Hey there!  Thanks for your encouraging words.  Actually our symptoms sound a lot alike.  I don't have tinnitus or the insense pain on the left side of my body, but about everything else you mentioned.    Today I have had lots of heart palpitations.

I am able to distract.  I do lots of stuff around my house and will run an errand or two if my anxiety will allow.  I am on my computer quite a bit.  I do have some support at home.  My daughters are traveling this summer so they are not at home which is probably a good thing.  One is 18 and the other 20,  and it can get a little stressful when they are home.    My husband tries to be supportive, but he is so frustrated with this and doesn't understand why it is taking so long.  He is always telling me things to "do" to help me get better.  That is a little frustrating for me, but I listen. 

Hey Decatur - Just wanted to say that I had such a difficult time with my husband especially in the beginning.  Of course he just couldn't understand what we are going through - we look fine to them.  He is the kind of guy who was brought up to "rub dirt on it" and get on with life.  His theory about my symptoms were that I was making it all worse by focusing on them.  While there is some truth to that - we are flooded with these awful symptoms and it is just not possible sometimes to just "deal with it".  It has really impacted our relationship.  I'm still not myself and the whole experience has been so traumatic that even if every symptom left me tomorrow, I wouldn't be the same person I used to be.  I'm just so much more serious than I used to be and not much fun at all to be with.  I guess I'm in survival mode all the time.

Hope things get better for all of us soon!!!

Big hugs Deanna! 🤗 Wow I can relate to this. It does impact everyone. And you’re so right that we are unfortunately forced to focus on our symptoms because they’re sometimes too intense to just simply ignore. Which is why we distract as much as possible. Our families just don’t understand this. And we will not be the same after going through this traumatic experience for as long as we have. We all are in survival mode. Don’t feel bad about that. We have to! But we will be fun again because our symptoms will be gone.  :thumbsup: 

From other healed buddies….probably more fun than before.

Also saw my GP, another GP, 2 neurologists and an ENT for my head issues. Glad to hear it improved a lot for you these past few months. How would you describe the pressure now, how often does it come on? Or is it still constant but way lighter?

Pashu, I assume all those doctors didn't find anything (same as my experience).  I would say that I have MUCH less head pressure. I get a headache maybe once every two weeks or so now and they never last more than 2 days...usually just one. If I have pressure now, it's more in my ears. It feels like stuffy ears.  I get burning and tingling on my scalp now but it's not like having the deep pain I had before.  Seriously, my head pain and migraines were off the charts for YEARS.  This has been my best and biggest improvement and I really hope yours improves SOON too! Mine was most definitely caused by the meds. 

Sorry to be the purveyor of some not so good news on my end!  Started taking the Macrobid day before yesterday so have taken three pills thus far.  I am having a terrible reaction to the drug with drenching night sweats, headache, chills, and insomnia.  Did not sleep one wink last night and have to now get dressed for a doctor’s appointment at 9 a.m.  I think the uti is better but will have an initial culture done in the doctor’s office.  I am praying that it is clear as both the Ceftin and the Macrobid are not working and are actually making me sicker.  Macrobid scores very low with a majority of patients who take it and complain of the same side effects I am having. 

Hugs,

GG

GG! You've been through SO much with this ordeal.  Hopefully, they'll say this is the end of the infection and you can possibly stop the AB sooner if they approve.  Much love and hugs to you. This suffering WILL end.

Leann, I can understand how this is a strange date. The anniversary of the deaths of family members can hit you hard. I'm sorry for the pain you felt from your mother too. You can move onwards and upwards as you said.  It's good you can recognize your feelings.

Thanks Leann. That’s true about family issues. It’s best to resolve them if you can. The other party has to be willing. Each of them has to communicate well so everyone is being heard. I’m very sorry you had hurtful events with your mother. I hope you heal from that. I’m sure with it being her birthday it brings up memories. You can focus on the positives and just do your best to be happy. Sending you big hugs on this tough day for you! 🤗🌹❤️

Yes I know what you mean. Did try talking about it once with my Mum, got into a blazing row, she always denied everything never accepted responsibility fir her actions. She would probably never had admitted she was in the wrong. Just at the end you hope have closure if you know what I mean. Went to my retirement group this afternoon so took my mind off it. I hope things resolve soon for youxx

Sooo hot here going to be about 40 degrees by weekend I’ll be wilting 😡

Pashu, I assume all those doctors didn't find anything (same as my experience).  I would say that I have MUCH less head pressure. I get a headache maybe once every two weeks or so now and they never last more than 2 days...usually just one. If I have pressure now, it's more in my ears. It feels like stuffy ears.  I get burning and tingling on my scalp now but it's not like having the deep pain I had before.  Seriously, my head pain and migraines were off the charts for YEARS.  This has been my best and biggest improvement and I really hope yours improves SOON too! Mine was most definitely caused by the meds.

Need to print out this post and frame it for motivation hahaha. Yeah, unfortunately the doctors never found anything. Scans came back clean. "Good news", my neurologist told me, "we didn't find anything on the scans". There I sat in the office, wishing they'd actually had found something so I'd know what's wrong with me. Have been put on bisoprolol, redomex & pregabalin without any effect on my pain whatsoever. Imitrex was next up, but I took that prescription and never went to get the medicine. Having made the link that prescription drugs put me into this mess & only time will get me out, that's the mantra I started to follow. Here's to better days.

LiveLife:

Hey Decatur - Just wanted to say that I had such a difficult time with my husband especially in the beginning.  Of course he just couldn't understand what we are going through - we look fine to them.  He is the kind of guy who was brought up to "rub dirt on it" and get on with life.  His theory about my symptoms were that I was making it all worse by focusing on them.  While there is some truth to that - we are flooded with these awful symptoms and it is just not possible sometimes to just "deal with it".  It has really impacted our relationship.  I'm still not myself and the whole experience has been so traumatic that even if every symptom left me tomorrow, I wouldn't be the same person I used to be.  I'm just so much more serious than I used to be and not much fun at all to be with.  I guess I'm in survival mode all the time.

Deanna:

I hear you.  Sounds a lot like me and my husband.  Before all this I was so lighthearted and fun.  Now, not so much.  I try to be, but it is just not the same.  And yes, I don't think I will ever be the same person after all this is over.  Not necessarily in a bad way, but this has been so traumatic and I not sure if I will get over that part of it.

I hope you are having a decent day. 

Lisa

Leeann:

Been thinking about you today!  Hard day remembering your Mum on her birthday!  I understand what you mean about closure.  Luckily I had a great relationship with my Mom and felt very much at peace when she died 20 years ago, but I know that is not the case many times.  It sounds like your Mom had some difficulties herself and wasn't able to be the Mom you needed.  I am so sorry!    I am so glad you seem to be feeling better.  You have been on this treadmill a long time.  Hope you continue to have good days.

LiveLife:

Hugs To you. I know you addressed this to Live but I wanted to say that I’m having the same problem with people ( family and friends) who don’t understand this telling me to just do this or that. It’s frustrating as you said to keep trying to explain it to them why I can’t. So I totally get what you’re saying. They think because we look mostly normal on the outside that we can just make up our minds and do whatever then….presto, we are healed! OMG I wish it was that easy, right? I would have done that a LONG time ago and I’m sure all of us would too. I told someone awhile back that I wish I had a magic power of touching my family and friends and they would immediately feel what I feel while being touched. They would automatically understand right then.

Sending you hugs and love ❤️

Thanks for this, Lady Den.  It is just so hard when the people who are closest too cannot understand your situation.  Oh well.  That is why I am so thankful we have this forum.  I love what you say about the magic power of touching family and friends and them feeling what we feel.  Wouldn't that be great.  If only for a few minutes.  But, unfortunately, that is not possible.   

I hope you are having a decent day today.  Hoping all of us who are in a wave right now will soon be on the other side.

Thanks Decatur, I’m glad you had a good relationship with your Mum, must be nice to have good memories of your times together.

I’m OK was crushed by what she did last year. She was just a crap mother, familiar story the daughter who was always there treated like rubbish, absent one the golden child who gets everything, I’m not only one it happens to.Took long time get my head around the lies and deceit. Just thank god I had my amazing husband to get me through it. I’m OK tomorrow another day but thank you for thinking of me.😊

I am going to whine a bit.

I wish my body could get sleepy so I could just sleep. I wish my body would put on weight. I wish I was less anhedonic so I could draw or enjoy a walk. I wonder if any of these will go away. I wish I was not easily overwhelmed.

Love and healing to all.

I never thought I would be able to sleep without zopiclone was totally dependent on it. Took a while but do manage sleep without it. I don’t get 7 hours but it’s drug free! It  will come to you , might just take a while. Whine away, I’ve done plenty of it on here😊

LiveLife:

Big hugs Deanna! 🤗 Wow I can relate to this. It does impact everyone. And you’re so right that we are unfortunately forced to focus on our symptoms because they’re sometimes too intense to just simply ignore. Which is why we distract as much as possible. Our families just don’t understand this. And we will not be the same after going through this traumatic experience for as long as we have. We all are in survival mode. Don’t feel bad about that. We have to! But we will be fun again because our symptoms will be gone.  :thumbsup: 

From other healed buddies….probably more fun than before.

That would be a huge gift for us after all this suffering!  Thanks LadyDen...What would we do without this forum?  I don't want to think about it.

Hugs,

GG

Oh No GG!  I am so sorry - these antibiotics sound like they are worse than the UTIs.  Are there any natural ways to deal with UTIs?  I saw a commercial on TV about a (young) woman who developed a remedy after she has like a dozen UTIs in one year.  I'm gonna look for that for you!

I wish my body could get sleepy so I could just sleep. I wish my body would put on weight. I wish I was less anhedonic so I could draw or enjoy a walk. I wonder if any of these will go away. I wish I was not easily overwhelmed.

Love and healing to all.

It will definitely get better TOGS - your body is in a constant state of fight or flight.  You can't sleep if your sympathetic nervous ystem is activated.  We have to try and engage and remain in a parasympathetic mode.  Things that help are meditation, and laughter and deep breathing.  Keep practicing because it does shift eventually.

Hey GG this is the product that I had heard about.  There's a bunch of educational info on there.  Apparently taking antibiotics can upset the vaginal microbiome and then you can find yourself in a vicious cycle.  Sounds plausible for sure.  You can talk to your DR. about the supplements they propose.

https://uqora.info/blogs/learning-center

Let us know how your appt went  :smitten:

I apologize for not being able to personally support my fellow buddies on this forum right now, as I am caught up in a never-ending saga of my own right now, and, in fact, I need some help in deciding what I should do to address my female issues….please bear with me!!!!

I returned to my doctor’s office yesterday and had a 45 minute visit with the female PA, who gets the female issues as she is now into perimenopause, and is almost as helpful as my OBGYN.  My urine culture yesterday was clear, but the results will be verified when the culture from a lab comes back on Friday.  I had blood drawn for another cbc , plus a test to see if my EBV has been reactivated.  Because I now have itching and pain in the pelvis, it is obvious that I now have a yeast infection, which I have experienced before bwd, after having had an antibiotic.  I think this may be why I still feel unwell….night sweats, fluish, and headache.  I guess at this point after three antibiotics in a short timeframe anything is to be expected.  I did have a bad uti so really had no way out of the antibiotics, but the OBGYN who saw me and who is not my primary OBGYN that I really like, prescribed the Clindamycin right off the bat and which did nothing to rid me of the uti, then my GP put me on Ceftin which worked well in January for a UTI, and which I tolerated well for ten days and which got rid of the uti.  This time around the Ceftin was not working, so I was prescribed Macrobid which I could only get through taking three doses.  That is a bad antibiotic for many people, not just BBs.

So, because I am still feeling unwell and have all the symptoms of a yeast infection, I have been prescribed Diflucan, one dose only.  It is my understanding that if a yeast infection is left untreated, the fungal infection can spread into the blood stream? 

How is it two weeks ago I was dining out and loving life?  This stuff get pretty upsetting when everyday starts with uncertainty and a myriad of strange symptoms.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be more than appreciated.  Deanna, thank you for the information re Quora.  I am familiar with it and told the PA yesterday that I plan on going a natural route to prevent any more UTI’s.  She said that the fact that I have only had three UTI’s over a long period of time, is pretty good for a woman of my age.  She said even young women can have chronic UTI’s without rhyme or reason.

Thanks for listening…..love and healing hugs for each of you!!!

GG

Love and healing to all.

Stitch  :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I’m sorry sweetie. I totally can relate! I’m going to join you in the whine…

I wish I could walk without feeling like I’ll fall over. I wish I wasn’t on Captain Jack Sparrow’s rocky boat several times a day. I wish I could ride in a car symptom free to go on an outing. I wish I could drive.

Stitch, I know these symptoms weigh us down but yes they will go away. I’m better than last year for sure! Even better than a few months ago. I didn’t know you like to draw. That’s awesome. I do art as well. Have you tried getting someone to draw with you? Or walk with you? It might help with enjoyment. I also lost a lot of weight and hair. But I was pleased with my weight loss because I needed to anyway. But my very thinned out hair and teeth issues sucks! I hope you turn a corner soon. Sending you hugs and love!