Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Lady Den:  Thanks so much for the Baylissa quote.  It was so good to read that and be reminded of not resisting the process.  So sorry you are sruggling today.

What is going on with all of us that are struggling at the same time?  It is just weird that there are quite a few of us that are about on the same timeline that are currently experiencing acute like symptoms! 

GG:  Hopefully your UTI is starting to fade.  Get lots of rest!!!  I bet you will feel much better in a couple of days. 

Helen:  Welcome to the group.  So glad you are here!  This is such a great group; lots of support.

Thanks to everyone for reaching out to me today.  It is a brutal one.  I am trying to not fight the symptoms, and trying to be grateful for all the wonderful things in my life. 

Decatur

I know right! At the same time. Brutal is an understatement 😂 but yes. I’m also trying to not fight mine too. Distract around the clock is what I’m doing. Lisa I am so sorry that you’re getting kick butt too. Benzo Bully is a chit head! I was thinking about trying to drive a tiny bit today…but nope 👎

Hope you come out of the rain soon. 🌹

And you’re welcome sweetheart

Hi LD.  Well, be it the antibiotic or just a nasty wave, I feel plain old awful with terrible headache, chills, overall aches and pains, and fatigue. Last Thursday I was at the grocery store for over an hour and actually enjoyed loading up several bags of healthy food.  Now I feel too sick to fix anything!  Friday was not so good and now today totally down and out.  I have that buzzy warm feeling in my head, so know some of my symptoms are wave induced.  The antibiotic is probably adding to my woes, but I have to get rid of this uti!  I have been on the Ceftin for four days, so hoping I only have to take it three more days…usually it is prescribed for seven to ten days.  I felt better after two days on it, but now feel worse. 

You, me, Decatur, and Helen seem to be really suffering, which is crazy and unbelievable at the same time.  Oh, and Helen mentioned Sage and Fire were not feeling well either.

May tomorrow bring each and every one of us some relief from our physical and mental anguish!!!!!

Hugs,

GG

Oh yes ma’am it’s crazy one day feeling nearly normal then Boom all hell break loose. I honestly think in your case it’s a combination of the antibiotic. I agree with you.

Poor Sage and Fire. I really miss them both here.

Sending them love ❤️

Lady Den:  Glad you changed the name of the group!!  Would hate for someone to feel like they could not be a part if they are past the 24 month stage.  I almost 28 months out and I don't want to leave!!!! 

Love your analogy about the bridge.  And you are so right about getting this done right and being done with it.  I want to see it thru completely and now ever have to look back.  And it will end, we will all heal.  One day this will be a distant memory!!

Lady Den:  Glad you changed the name of the group!!  Would hate for someone to feel like they could not be a part if they are past the 24 month stage.  I almost 28 months out and I don't want to leave!!!! 

Love your analogy about the bridge.  And you are so right about getting this done right and being done with it.  I want to see it thru completely and now ever have to look back.  And it will end, we will all heal.  One day this will be a distant memory!!

Yes indeed! We will. We are. Every day. Never to look back as you said. Love it!  :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I hope you’re all ok,  I hit my head at almost 2 years out.  Please be really really careful not to hit your head whilst in withdrawal.  - it stuffed me. I took Ajovy (bad idea) to help with the migraines - the Neuro said it wouldn’t affect Gabba.  Whoops. My anxiety went through the roof.  I’m now on zyprexa & it’s made some symptoms worse but has helped with much needed sleep.  I’m so scared & frightened.  I should’ve been more careful & not hit my head.  I’m now looking into going on Effexor or lexaprp or something for the anxiety,  I can’t watch much Tv, read or listen to the radio or be on screens for very long. I’ve lost my sanity & the worst part about it is I lm aware of being completely insane.  6 months since I hit my head. Please any encouragement is much needed.  Wish I didn’t hit my head.  I think I was almost healed,  Please please help,  please.

Hi Bess

I'm sorry you are in this state. I was sent there during my setback.

We can't watch out for everything. You can't blame yourself when something happens. The only way is forward. You have made it six months. That is six months you got behind you now.

I bet right now distraction is hard. I bet you are to preoccupied with just trying to make things being less worse. You know you can't act like yourself because your brain is in the driver's seat. But where you are now is not where you will be forever.

Have you been this way the entire 6 months with all these symptoms?

I went and read your recent posts. I'm sure you know the supplement magnesium is well known for helping anxiety symptoms. I know nothing about lamictal. When I was in your state they put me on gabapentin. It lessened the anxiety until it died down. But now I am stuck on it and need to taper. It is a bad drug to taper, for some it is as bad as benzos. It may have saved me at the time, but it is what it is.

Do you get any breaks in the anxiety?

Lisa,

Sure hope you pull out of this nasty wave soon. I'm so sorry to hear that you're suffering.

GG,

Oh no a UTI! I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you can get rid of that ASAP and get yourself back to your beautiful windows.

LadyDen,

Thank you for that lovely insert from Baylissa. I think it's something we all needed to hear, seeing as though we're struggling so badly. I'm so sorry to hear you got hit with such a brutal wave and hope that you're doing better very soon. And that you will find a much better baseline after. I have read of some serious waves at the 2-year mark.

Bess,

I feel so bad to hear all that you've been through. Glad to hear you fiound some relief and that the Zyprexa is helping you sleep, maybe it will take a bit for your system to adjust and hopefully the other symptoms will settle down. I see that magnesium was mentioned for anxiety. I do know some buddies that use magnesium glycinate to help. But then there are others that have a problem with it so it really is an individual thing and it just depends on each person.

I understand how you feel about not being able to watch TV, use screens or possibly even your phone. I'm right there with you and have been now for many many months. Must have to do with our nervous systems trying to heal. Makes it really hard to distract when you're suffering and you can't use any of those things.

You are not insane! I repeat you are not insane!  If you really were insane you would have no clue. When someone is crazy they have no clue that they are. So I wouldn't worry about that. You've just suffered a setback but you're going to make it through. You've come such a long way already you could be very close to a turning point. Remember this whole process is not linear. So, you could be feeling pretty bad and just make a turn around. We all have to hang on to that thought, because it's very true and possible.

Whatever it is you choose to do I hope it makes a difference for you. So frustratingly unfair that you were almost healed and had to bump your head. If we all had a time machine wouldn't it be wonderful. But we don't, so we have to move forward one day one hour one minute and sometimes one second at a time. Hoping you get some relief very very soon!

I am still in this nasty wave with the fear and many other symptoms kicking my butt. Sure looking for that window fairy. Hope she makes a visit to my house soon.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Hi Bess

We can't watch out for everything. You can't blame yourself when something happens. The only way is forward. You have made it six months. That is six months you got behind you now.

I bet right now distraction is hard. I bet you are to preoccupied with just trying to make things being less worse. You know you can't act like yourself because your brain is in the driver's seat. But where you are now is not where you will be forever.

I went and read your recent posts. I'm sure you know the supplement magnesium is well known for helping anxiety symptoms. I know nothing about lamictal. When I was in your state they put me on gabapentin. It lessened the anxiety until it died down. But now I am stuck on it and need to taper. It is a bad drug to taper, for some it is as bad as benzos. It may have saved me at the time, but it is what it is.

Thank you so so much. Today I’m hurting so so badly.  Since o went on the zyprexa the anxiety is way way worse:  I can’t see a way out - why did I have to bump my head I was doing so so well, so well, I’m so sorry for being such a downer. What dose of gabapentin did they put you on? I’m in so so much trouble.  I so want to be back where I was before banging my head - if only time machines existed right.  Thank you so so

Much for your kind words.  I hope you’re doing ok.

Lisa,

Sure hope you pull out of this nasty wave soon. I'm so sorry to hear that you're suffering.

GG,

Oh no a UTI! I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you can get rid of that ASAP and get yourself back to your beautiful Windows you were talking about.

LadyDen,

Thank you for that lovely insert from Baylissa. I think it's something we all needed to hear, seeing as though we're struggling so badly. I'm so sorry to hear you got hit with such a brutal wave and hope that you're doing better very soon. And that you will find a much better baseline after.

Bess,

I feel so bad to hear all that you've been through. Sure hope you find some relief and that the Zyprexa can help in some kind of way, maybe it will take a bit for your system to adjust.

I understand how you feel about not being able to watch TV, use screens or possibly even your phone. I'm right there with you and have been now for many many months. Must have to do with our nervous systems trying to heal. Makes it really hard to distract when you're suffering and you can't use any of those things.

You are not insane! I repeat you are not insane!  If you really were insane you would have no clue. When someone is crazy they have no clue that they are. So I wouldn't worry about that. You've just suffered a setback but you're going to make it through. You've come such a long way already you could be very close.

Whatever it is you choose to do I hope it makes a difference for you. So frustratingly unfair that you were almost healed and had to bump your head. If we all had a time machine wouldn't it be wonderful. But we don't, so we have to move forward one day one hour one minute and sometimes one second at a time. Hoping you get some relief very very soon!

I am still in this nasty wave with the fear and many other symptoms kicking my butt. Sure looking for that window fairy. Hope she makes a visit to my house soon.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Thank you so so much.  I hope this nasty wave lifts for you pronto! Sorry to hear you can’t distract either - it’s crazy right.  It’s so so infuriating having been so close - I so so wish I could turn bank time.  I’m able to watch some TV now & be on screens - fingers crossed the time keeps on increasing for this;. Fingers crossed: I would love to be able to drive soon - soon hopefully.  Big hug to you xxx

Hi Bess

Thank you so so much. Today I’m hurting so so badly.  Since o went on the zyprexa the anxiety is way way worse:  I can’t see a way out - why did I have to bump my head I was doing so so well, so well, I’m so sorry for being such a downer. What dose of gabapentin did they put you on? I’m in so so much trouble.  I so want to be back where I was before banging my head - if only time machines existed right.  Thank you so so

For the moment, living is ok.

I was started on 300mg twice a day. Now I am on 400mg twice a day. My anxiety was so bad I could not sit, stand, move, sleep, I felt like I was going to burst. My body wouldn't drink or eat because it was in fight or flight mode constantly. When they put me on the gabapentin, it made it so I could be normal anxious. I could function, which i mean I could eat, sleep, walk. Which I could not do before. There is no way I could have made it 6 months like that.

In your past post you said you were clingy and acted out. You felt crazy but you couldn't stop it. I wanted to tell you I was there too. I looked like a total nutcase and I couldn't blame anyone who thought so. You said "I’ve lost my sanity & the worst part about it is I am aware of I am insane" Only another person in withdrawal could say those words and understand what they mean. I was not me, I was not normal, but I could not stop it.

Gabapentin is said to act on the same receptors as benzos. When the benzos stopped working for me ( And I was on 4 benzos), Gabapentin did.

I was lucky my brain could take it. Gabapentin is a common drug that is given for withdrawal symptoms. It is so common there is an active support forum for it on this site.

Tapering off gabapentin can make your body feel like it is on fire because it targets nerves, it commonly causes anxiety, and loss of appetite which makes it very hard to eat.

But if you were at the end of your rope like I was, then it might be worth the risk.

But it feels like kicking the can down the road. That might be true for any drug, but I notice the most active support forums that are not benzo, are the remeron and the gabapentin support groups on here. That can give you an idea of how many people are having trouble getting off it.

I just want you to be informed.

I see you are hurting and in anguish. Hang on.

I will be on this forum tomorrow. I'm sure others will say something as well. It is hard to make informed decisions in the state you are in. I think you are smart to ask around. If you ever need help looking something up, ask me or send me a message.

Hi Bess

I was started on 300mg twice a day. Now I am on 400mg twice a day. My anxiety was so bad I could not sit, stand, move, sleep, I felt like I was going to burst. My body wouldn't drink or eat because it was in fight or flight mode constantly. When they put me on the gabapentin, it made it so I could be normal anxious. I could function, which i mean I could eat, sleep, walk. Which I could not do before. There is no way I could have made it 6 months like that.

In your past post you said you were clingy and acted out. You felt crazy but you couldn't stop it. I wanted to tell you I was there too. I looked like a total nutcase and I couldn't blame anyone who thought so. You said "I’ve lost my sanity & the worst part about it is I am aware of I am insane" Only another person in withdrawal could say those words and understand what they mean. I was not me, I was not normal, but I could not stop it.

Gabapentin is said to act on the same receptors as benzos. When the benzos stopped working for me ( And I was on 4 benzos), Gabapentin did.

I was lucky my brain could take it. Gabapentin is a common drug that is given for withdrawal symptoms. It is so common there is an active support forum for it on this site.

Tapering off gabapentin can make your body feel like it is on fire because it targets nerves, it commonly causes anxiety, and loss of appetite which makes it very hard to eat.

But if you were at the end of your rope like I was, then it might be worth the risk.

But it feels like kicking the can down the road. That might be true for any drug, but I notice the most active support forums that are not benzo, are the remeron and the gabapentin support groups on here. That can give you an idea of how many people are having trouble getting off it.

I will be on this forum tomorrow. I'm sure others will say something as well. It is hard to make informed decisions in the state you are in. I think you are smart to ask around. If you ever need help looking something up, ask me or send me a message.

Thank you so so much - I really appreciate your kind words - thank you. I’m cii lol swing my way through each second right now.  The 5 - 7 hours leading up to when I take the zyprexa are hell - I suspect it’s interdisciplinary withdrawal.  Concussion & BWD & perimenopause is a total nightmare- o have a psych appointment on Thursday so I’m trying to hold out until then.  I’m clinging on for dear life.  The crazy thing is I think the zyprexa has woken me up to the reality of what is happening,  I’m terrified.  I have next to no social support - my family think I’m imaging this.  Please please god heal me now - I was so so close before - please please.  Could you sleep better if someone was in the same house when you were in this state? I’ll literally do anything to be functional again - does gabapentin help with POTS symptoms and/or headaches from concussion?  Thank you so so much - I really appreciate your help - thank you

Bess

I went back and read your posts from before you hit your head and while you were doing okay  You were struggling a lot.  Maybe go back and read your posts from before to get some perspective to gauge it.  I don’t get caught up in waves or windows I just know sometimes are better then others.  Did you have any tests done like a CT or a MRI?  What did they show?  Were you diagnosed with a concussion?  I think IMO you have worked yourself into such a state that you can’t calm down.  The sx you are having sound the same as before you hit your head. Just a little more extreme.  Have you spoken to any of the therapist doing coaching for bwd.  Nobody on here has the background to advise you to take or not take meds.  Most of us have had or are having sx as extreme as you.  I sure wish you could try walking, bathing knitting, coloring or whatever to distract.  Trust we all have had days like this.  Once the docs have cleared you it’s time to accept and distract.  You are healing and will recover and unfortunately there is no quick fix. Take care and try something different today.  Peace

Good morning Yearlings and happy Sunday!

Firstly, welcome back Bess! I see that you’re still struggling especially since your accident. The buddies here have given you good advice. I’d like to say I agree with them. Upper made a very good point in saying that some of your anxiety seems to come from you working yourself up. It seems you’re in a overhyped mode that started after hitting your head. I have a few things to add….1. Calm down your mind down immediately….meditate, pray, repeat phrases to yourself “ calm, relax, it’s ok” while doing slowed control breathing for a few breaths. Breathe normal a minute or two then repeat. Anytime you start feeling it rev back up then do this again. A cool damp washcloth on the neck can also help. Anything soft that you can rub in a slow small circle with your eyes closed and focused on the circle. Doing it on the wrist or inside your palm is ideal. Add controlled breathing as you do it. This won’t take away your heightened state completely but it will bring it down to a more bearable level.

2. Find something that you can do to keep your mind and hands busy. Cleaning, organizing drawers or closets, cabinets, crocheting, jigsaw puzzle, scrapbooking, art, etc. This can help pass your time as well as keep you from fixating on your symptoms. If you can only do it for 30 minutes then that’s ok. Wait a couple of hours and try again. Having more than one is ideal to keep you from getting bored with doing them.

3. It might be the combination of what you’re taking that’s escalating things. As you said, what you’re taking isn’t agreeing with you. Hopefully your doctor can provide you with something better that can also be easier to taper and less WD when coming off. I agree with Stitch that gabapentine is no joke! Also it’s not called that for nothing….gaba. But as Upper said, we are not supposed to advise anyone on what to take. We are not medical professionals.

4. Take several resting breaks during the day. To where you lay down for 30 minutes to an hour in a cool dark room with a comfy weighted blanket. If you don’t have one then more than one blanket can substitute. When laying there, take a trip somewhere in your mind or go back to a happy place you’ve been…a beach, a vacation, a spa, walk in a beautiful garden or park etc. Picture everything there - water, trees, birds, sand, beach chairs and yourself sitting there enjoying it. Focus on details of the environment.

5. Shift your energy to positivity. Start saying positive things that you will be ok. You have to believe that you will be. It’s good for others to tell you but you must join that belief too. Someone said you made it 6 months. They’re right about that. That should be something that you can hang onto. It is hard at first when you’ve been in such a state but IMO you can start with that simple fact that you’ve made it this far.

I do understand what you meant by feeling better prior to hitting your head. You were not healed but in a much better place than you are now. You were driving, working, happier moments etc. In time you can get back to that again. In the meantime al you can do is your best to calm yourself. I’m sorry that you are alone going through this. Sending you love and hugs.

To everyone else…please enjoy your day. I’m sending you healing wishes. If anybody see the window fairy let me know! I bought a net to catch her.  :thumbsup: When I catch her, I’ll definitely share. Hope we all turn our corners today. ❤️

Hello my dear buddies.  I cannot be very newsy, nosey or supportive this morning, unfortunately, as my UTI is not responding to the Ceftin! My doctor’s female PA has reviewed my urine culture and decided that the Ceftin is not going to work this time around, and, therefore, I am going to start Macrobid immediately.  I don’t think I had much of a reaction to it when I took it two years ago for five days.  Time is of the essence now as I have been taking Ceftin for five days, and am having chills, pelvic pain and just an awful sickish feeling.  I believe that once this infection clears up, I will rebound nicely and get back to the business of healing.

So, please, go now and have the best day you can.  Healing hugs wrapped around each of you!!!!!

GG

Hello my dear buddies.  I cannot be very newsy, nosey or supportive this morning, unfortunately, as my UTI is not responding to the Ceftin! My doctor’s female PA has reviewed my urine culture and decided that the Ceftin is not going to work this time around, and, therefore, I am going to start Macrobid immediately.  I don’t think I had much of a reaction to it when I took it two years ago for five days.  Time is of the essence now as I have been taking Ceftin for five days, and am having chills, pelvic pain and just an awful sickish feeling.  I believe that once this infection clears up, I will rebound nicely and get back to the business of healing.

So, please, go now and have the best day you can.  Healing hugs wrapped around each of you!!!!!

GG

GG I really hope all goes well with Macrobid. I’m sorry you are still feeling bad after taking Ceftin. Please don’t fret over us. You go get some rest. I’ll be thinking of you! Big hugs 🤗

Thanks, LadyDen!  I hope you feel better today….to be followed by many many days of good healing!

Hugs,

GG

Sending big hugs to everyone struggling at moment. For once I’m not moaning Minnie from the UK. Especially to you Bess really hope things soon settle down. I’m still looking for that elusive light at end of tunnel, but sort stable at moment. This is such a roller coaster ride hoping we all find some peace and stability soon.❤️❣️

Hello to all,

Bess,

That sounds like some improvement if you're able to look at some screens and watch tv. Sure hope things continue to improve for you. I know it's so difficult I'm right there with you. We will get through this.

GG,

Hoping this new antibiotic clears up your UTI asap. I'm sure you'll be doing better than ever when you get through this.

Leann,

Good to hear that you're stable at the moment. Thank you for the well wishes.

LadyDen,

Still looking for that window fairy, and after she comes to my house I'll send her to yours and everyone else's.

Sending all my buddies big hugs!

LiveLife

Hi Bess

Thank you so so much - I really appreciate your kind words - thank you. I’m cii lol swing my way through each second right now.  The 5 - 7 hours leading up to when I take the zyprexa are hell - I suspect it’s interdisciplinary withdrawal.  Concussion & BWD & perimenopause is a total nightmare- o have a psych appointment on Thursday so I’m trying to hold out until then.  I’m clinging on for dear life.  The crazy thing is I think the zyprexa has woken me up to the reality of what is happening,  I’m terrified.  I have next to no social support - my family think I’m imaging this.  Please please god heal me now - I was so so close before - please please.  Could you sleep better if someone was in the same house when you were in this state? I’ll literally do anything to be functional again - does gabapentin help with POTS symptoms and/or headaches from concussion?  Thank you so so much - I really appreciate your help - thank you

After the gabapentin, all I did was sleep. My body was so taxed from the anxiety I slept 17 hours a day for a couple months. Please understand that this pill cut my anxiety in half so this was a massive improvement for me. I would count down the hours until I could sleep again.

I still have POTS. It only helps with tension headaches and not chronic migraine patterns.

If you are having tension headaches then there are other ways to deal with those, so I would not recommend gabapentin for that. But I think what is really affecting you is the anxiety right?

Later on when I lost my ability to feel tired after a setback there was a long period where I could sleep better if someone was in the room. Otherwise, even if they were in the kitchen I would have more trouble sleeping.

There is a small sample size for people who had concussions in withdrawal. It depends a lot on where you hit your head and how hard you hit it. If you are still having light sensitivity, headaches, or sensitivity to noise and you think that it was from the concussion and will look into it.

The more you do the less you will know what is what.

Gabapentin was made to help with nerve pain. Everything else is off label. But it is prescribed a lot for anxiety.

I am guessing magnesium was unhelpful to you?

Sending big hugs to everyone struggling at moment. For once I’m not moaning Minnie from the UK. Especially to you Bess really hope things soon settle down. I’m still looking for that elusive light at end of tunnel, but sort stable at moment. This is such a roller coaster ride hoping we all find some peace and stability soon.❤️❣️

Thank you so so much. I’m glad you are doing ok. Xxx

Hi Bess

After the gabapentin, all I did was sleep. My body was so taxed from the anxiety I slept 17 hours a day for a couple months. Please understand that this pill cut my anxiety in half so this was a massive improvement for me. I would count down the hours until I could sleep again.

I still have POTS. It only helps with tension headaches and not chronic migraine patterns.

If you are having tension headaches then there are other ways to deal with those, so I would not recommend gabapentin for that. But I think what is really affecting you is the anxiety right?

Later on when I lost my ability to feel tired after a setback there was a long period where I could sleep better if someone was in the room. Otherwise, even if they were in the kitchen I would have more trouble sleeping.

There is a small sample size for people who had concussions in withdrawal. It depends a lot on where you hit your head and how hard you hit it. If you are still having light sensitivity, headaches, or sensitivity to noise and you think that it was from the concussion and will look into it.

The more you do the less you will know what is what.

Gabapentin was made to help with nerve pain. Everything else is off label. But it is prescribed a lot for anxiety.

I am guessing magnesium was unhelpful to you?

Hi,

Thanks so so much - I really appreciate your help. 

Anything that would help tyysbsnxiety woukd he a bonus.  I haven’t tried magnesium yet.  I’m looking into Gabaoentin - what dose did you start at?  I think the zyprexa is helping but it’s a very low dose & I think it may need to increase???? The zyprexa isn’t helping with anxiety but is helping with sleep - but gabapentin will do that too.  I see a psych on Thursday.  I definitely have a mood disorder after I hit my head.  I hit my head on sharp glass that was on the bottom of my bathroom cabinet door - on the top right hand corner - I was half asleep so I kept pressing up which was pretty stupid.  Whoops.  I’m in oerimemoosuse though so this makes things extra fun (not). 

I’m at the point of trying anything in order to be functional again.  Fingers crossed.  Any help

Is gratefully appreciated.  I hope you’re doing ok :))

Good morning.  I'm reading the posts on this thread and getting a feel for where people are. I really hope all those who are suffering will get some relief soon.

I have a question for all of you who are further down the road than I am.  I am 13 1/2 months post jump.  I don't take any meds except a Tylenol or aspirin once in a blue moon.  I don't drink alcohol. I'm eating a clean diet.  I have been feeling pretty nasty almost every single day for over a month or two now.  I had some semi decent days at the end of May but not really much since then except maybe one here and there.  My symptoms are almost completely physical.  So the question is do any of you remember if you had a bad wave around the year mark? A wave that was mostly physical? Lady Den has told me she did and hers lasted about 2 months.  Dr. Jennifer Leigh said she hears a lot of people get wavy between months 11 and 14.  I'm curious about your experiences with this if you had it. 

Many thanks in advance for your insights. 

Helen

Hi LD.  Well, be it the antibiotic or just a nasty wave, I feel plain old awful with terrible headache, chills, overall aches and pains, and fatigue. Last Thursday I was at the grocery store for over an hour and actually enjoyed loading up several bags of healthy food.  Now I feel too sick to fix anything!  Friday was not so good and now today totally down and out.  I have that buzzy warm feeling in my head, so know some of my symptoms are wave induced.  The antibiotic is probably adding to my woes, but I have to get rid of this uti!  I have been on the Ceftin for four days, so hoping I only have to take it three more days…usually it is prescribed for seven to ten days.  I felt better after two days on it, but now feel worse. 

You, me, Decatur, and Helen seem to be really suffering, which is crazy and unbelievable at the same time.  Oh, and Helen mentioned Sage and Fire were not feeling well either.

May tomorrow bring each and every one of us some relief from our physical and mental anguish!!!!!

Hugs,

GG

Oh GG I am so sorry you have to be on another antibiotic!  I feel like we are all on a merry go round, but when is this freaking carnaval ride OVER?!!!!!!

Good morning.  I'm reading the posts on this thread and getting a feel for where people are. I really hope all those who are suffering will get some relief soon.

I have a question for all of you who are further down the road than I am.  I am 13 1/2 months post jump.  I don't take any meds except a Tylenol or aspirin once in a blue moon.  I don't drink alcohol. I'm eating a clean diet.  I have been feeling pretty nasty almost every single day for over a month or two now.  I had some semi decent days at the end of May but not really much since then except maybe one here and there.  My symptoms are almost completely physical.  So the question is do any of you remember if you had a bad wave around the year mark? A wave that was mostly physical? Lady Den has told me she did and hers lasted about 2 months.  Dr. Jennifer Leigh said she hears a lot of people get wavy between months 11 and 14.  I'm curious about your experiences with this if you had it. 

Many thanks in advance for your insights. 

Helen

Oh yes Helen!  Last year around the 12 month mark I was feeling quite awful with exacerbations to boot!  I was sort of stable with typical symptoms (and yes most if not all of my symptoms continue to be physical) then got a nasty cold (COVID negative at that time but who really knows for sure) and then had a 6 week downturn.  I then stabilized again but definitely had ups and downs as we all do.  I started addressing gut health and that helped quite a bit although going to probiotics and eating clean I went through a gut "wave" which I think was the bad microbiota dying off.  Been better (but not healed) since Jan this year.  Then just got COVID ( for real this time) and still in a wave following that.

Looking back I am definitely better, but the progress is so painstakingly slow it is hard to see week to week.  I'm about to hit 2 years in a couple weeks.  I'm thinking (although we shouldn't) that maybe I'll be done with this next summer sometime. 

BTW a bid piece of the puzzle for me was going gluten-free.  Last year I would lapse into a fatigue coma 24 hours after eating alot of gluten products.  Took a while to tease it out, but I think I'm gluten sensitive, so my pastry days are over.  At least for the foreseeable future.

Hope you stabilize soon.

Good, not so good morning, Dear BCBuddies.  Helen I am going to look back at my one year postings and see how I was doing at that time.  I do remember feeling great at my ninth month, awful at my tenth month, great at my 17th and great at my 25th month.

My uti is not clearing up so spoke to my female PA yesterday and she said that Macrobid would be better than the Ceftin and I should start to see some improvement within a couple of days.  Please let that be true!  This is just awful and reminds me of the acute stage!

How is everyone else faring this Monday morning?

Btw, if you want a good laugh type in the search bar the words body odor, and look for a four page thread where Sofa and many others talk about their experiences.  Some of the posts will make you laugh until you wet your big girl or big boy panties.  But, the body odor issue is spelled out in great detail, and again, it is just another weird symptom of the poisonous drugs!

Back later,

GG