12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Hello to all. Today the fear wasn't as bad but I woke up with terrible nausea and felt like my stomach had been punched out. I guess I'm on a rollercoaster ride of Horrors that just continues. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Leann,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still suffering but wouldn't it be wonderful if what LadyDen said is going to happen for you. Once you're through with this covid virus everything just improves you'll even have a new baseline that's better than ever. I'm wishing that for you!

LadyDen,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. You are a hoot! But that's really good if you're noticing some improvements in that area. I'm sure once you're completely recovered everything is going to work and be better than it ever was. Lol.

Sending warm love and healing thoughts to all,

LiveLife

Good Morning LL - I'm sorry your mornings are so rough.  It is probably the cortisol surges that happen for everyone every morning but are horrible for us.  They will get better - I used to have awful anxiety and uneasiness every morning, then it started to ease and finally it's gone.  I really enjoy my mornings now.  You will get there!  For me it really helped to do deep breathing to settle those episodes.  Hope the rest of your day is better!

Yep deep breathing also helped me get through mine when it was bad. Now my morning dread is mild and fading. Plus it doesn’t last as long either.  :thumbsup: I’m starting to enjoy my mornings too. I wake up around 7am in mild dread. About 8:30am I’m good  :thumbsup: I have a mild to moderate wave around 11am if I didn’t get one immediately after my dread. It lasts about an hour maybe hour and half. I sit up watching tv, crocheting or something with my hands until lunch. I have lunch, go for a walk then rest for an hour or two while watching tv or playing online games. I get up cook dinner and wait for my daughter to come home. I usually get another mild wave around 4 pm. I distract myself on my iPad until it passes. I get up, take a bath and eat dinner. I sit up doing something fun. Go for a stroll around my apartment a few laps. Lay down to rest again ( usually for the rest of the night) doing some reading or watching game shows. By 11pm I’m in the dark drifting to sleep in a mild to moderate wave. I sleep from 12 to 7am with one wake up around 3-4am very briefly.This wake up is not every night anymore.And when.I do, I easily go back to sleep. I wake up at 7am and repeat.

That’s my Groundhog Day every day. I say it’s my new Groundhog Day because just  2 months ago, it was very different but not in a good way….bigger waves, terrible dread, etc

LadyDen I am so glad to hear your progress!  You are the Leader of the group and as such you should get some satisfaction from all of your hard work supporting others. 

I have similar incremental progress....Not too long ago I had to rest during the day, but I now have more energy and can be active most of the day.  I do like to sit and rest around 3:30pm or so.  This was always the case before this nightmare, but I've learned alot about myself through all this.  I used to eat gobs of sugary desserts and breads. Hardly any vegetables.  I'm now listening to podcasts about metabolic health and have come to realize how dysfunctional my nutrition has long been.  Now I'm slowly learning how to ensure I have all the nutrition I need, and I'm feeling better and better for it.  I think this withdrawal process leaves our bodies in such a stressed state, and that causes blood sugar problems.  I'm doing the intermittent fasting and it is making a huge difference in my energy level.  I don't think I'll ever go back to the way I used to eat.  I think I was doing enormous harm to myself, which caused stress, which caused insomnia, and that led to ....you know...MEDICATION!

I'm a huge fan now of integrative and functional medicine for creating the healthiest lifestyle possible.  Western medicine knows nothing about the ways to live medication free and healthy.

OK rant over - I hope you are all having a wonderful, peaceful and comfortable day.

Hello to all. I've had a really rough week and a very difficult day. It just seems to continue. Sure hoping there's an end in sight.

Dea and LadyDen,

Thank you for the suggestion about the breathing I do use those techniques. Also was interested in what you had to say about doing things in a more natural way and eating healthy. My husband and I had our own business before I went into withdrawal. Surprised me I even took this nasty medication ever because we were all about no medications. And the business was Natural Health Consulting and nutritional balancing science. I do believe all those things can really go a long way in healing the body and helping on so many levels.

LadyDen,

I like your Groundhog Day it sounds like you're really progressing and you're going to be healed before you know it. I would actually like a groundhog day like yours. Most of time mine is just suffer and then suffer some more. So I'm hoping I'm one of those that's just going to wake up one day healed. I am a believer in that. I try to stay as positive as ever to get through the day and then to go to sleep at night, so I'm not dreading the waking up in the morning. It hasn't been easy for any of us though, I know. Sure hoping I get some relief soon. I did get a bit of a break last Sunday which was a positive maybe that means I'm going to get more days that are better. I classify the last four days this week as absolutely horribly/ horrific. I'm looking for just a rough day or a manageable, so-so day would be fine. Want to put an end to these horribly/ horrific days. Of course, I know I can't I just have to have the right attitude and keep breathing and stay positive.

Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Son and his wife went home last night. After keeping it together for 12 days in complete meltdown today, crying feels like acute again. The Covid seems to really mess with your nervous system. Don’t feel I’m ever going recover from this nightmare. Watched a documentary last night about reality star who suffered with anorexia, died from it last year, she said every day was torture trying to fight it, although different mental conditions really understood what she meant. I had mild not serious eating disorder years ago, I felt it was something I could actually control in my life, this us what I find so tortuous having no control over my brain or life. I’m now not sleeping as well.

Hello to all. I've had a really rough week and a very difficult day. It just seems to continue. Sure hoping there's an end in sight.

Dea and LadyDen,

Thank you for the suggestion about the breathing I do use those techniques. Also was interested in what you had to say about doing things in a more natural way and eating healthy. My husband and I had our own business before I went into withdrawal. Surprised me I even took this nasty medication ever because we were all about no medications. And the business was Natural Health Consulting and nutritional balancing science. I do believe all those things can really go a long way in healing the body and helping on so many levels.

LadyDen,

I like your Groundhog Day it sounds like you're really progressing and you're going to be healed before you know it. I would actually like a groundhog day like yours. Most of time mine is just suffer and then suffer some more. So I'm hoping I'm one of those that's just going to wake up one day healed. I am a believer in that. I try to stay as positive as ever to get through the day and then to go to sleep at night, so I'm not dreading the waking up in the morning. It hasn't been easy for any of us though, I know. Sure hoping I get some relief soon. I did get a bit of a break last Sunday which was a positive maybe that means I'm going to get more days that are better. I classify the last four days this week as absolutely horribly/ horrific. I'm looking for just a rough day or a manageable, so-so day would be fine. Want to put an end to these horribly/ horrific days. Of course, I know I can't I just have to have the right attitude and keep breathing and stay positive.

Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Wow LL - you already know all about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle!  So no need to convince you....just do your best to eat clean and listen to your body.  When you are tired, rest.  If you can, move.  Slowly but surely your body and brain will get the message that you are supporting the healing process and you are in this together  :laugh:  I too had to endure the torture for so many months before I started to see progress.  I think the body really likes routine, like LadyD said.  Get a routine going with regard to food and rest and bedtime hours, and do it over and over.  The body's processes are so much more efficient when it knows what to expect and that way stress is kept to a minimum.  We are cheering you on!

Leann, it is so not surprising that you are "crashing" after that long stressful episode.  You were stressed both physically and mentally for days on end.  Your body needs to recover.  Let these symptoms just wash over you and keep this in your mind:  This is a normal part of recovery from COVID and it will lift - don't fight it.  The fight is what keeps the stress alive.  Accept it and find your new baseline.  Get a routine going again that works for you.  And above all, stop the thoughts that are a negative loop.  Distract, distract, distract.  This nightmare will end and you will finally find a baseline where stress is not as intolerable as it is right now.  I would say to avoid the depressing TV shows.  We all know there is heartache and gobs of human suffering out there, especially now with the war.  But it does not help us to dwell on that.  We have to get our minds in a virtuous cycle of healing.  I hope you relax more now and find your sleep again.  Don't rush it - we don't really have control over anything really.  That's where acceptance helps.  I'm thinking about you Leann! 

Just read 20% of Covid patients develop mental health issues afterwards, so not surprising I feel totally screwed up. Just getting to stage thinking what else going get thrown at me. I hope none of you guys get it, physically not been bad but definitely ramped up the mental symptoms. Got brain fog now as well. Sorry just really had enough at moment.

Good Saturday Morning Dear Friends.  Just a quick note to let you know I will be taking a sabbatical of a few months to concentrate on the last bit of my healing.  I feel blessed to have traveled the non-linear road out of benzoland with each of you, and will continue to pray every day that your own personal bwd recovery comes soon.  We are a special band of warriors that have propped each other up over many days, weeks, months, and even years. 

Healing heaps of hugs and love,

GG

Morning love to you all. I’ve read your posts and was happy to hear from you all. Firstly, GG we are so happy to have had your wisdom, love, encouragement, support and friendship through this journey. I know I’m not alone in wishing you the absolute best in your continued healing. I will miss you dearly and hope that from time to time you will pop in to say hello. A sabbatical is beneficial especially in our later stages of this. It has proved to be a good decision to many others before you. I’m assured it will be for you as well. I only ask that you don’t over do it and remember to rest. I’ll be thinking of you each day as well as waiting to hear from you. You will be greatly missed! I love you !😘❤️

Sandy glad you popped in for a second. I was just about to post a message to you asking how you’re doing. When my friends come up missing, I get concerned. We al know a bad one is not uncommon to hit us unpredictabiy. I hope you are taking good care and doing things you enjoy in between your not so good times. Remember that you are not alone. You are a warrior. Keep your sword swinging as you fight on to your complete healing. Please know that I’m thinking of you. Sending you my love and healing vibes, my dear. When it is rough waters remember that ALL waves end.  :thumbsup:

Live, it is with my deepest regard that you are catching hell lately. I know it is too much sometimes for us. But I’d like to encourage you to bare in mind that trouble don’t last always….waves end. Rest assured that you are holding your own. This isn’t easy but you really are strong. You CAN make it! Believe that with all your soul. You are not alone in this. I have much love for you too. I’ve been in your shoes thinking it will remain like this beyond what I can handle but that’s not so! Look at me now! I’m walking with no walker slowly but surely getting my life back bit by bit. Those pesky waves means you’re healing some much needed areas. This sucks but is a good thing. And yes some people feel like crap for awhile then wake up healed. That’s true that could be your way of healing. So far for me, it’s been painfully slow in a gradual way. You know what? That’s ok as long as I do heal. I trust God knows what’s best for me. You will catch a window soon, I can feel it! Hold on my dear hold on, it’s coming. Deanna made me think of something…..is there anything that you’ve done new? Anything you’ve increased? I’m asking because as we get further out the sensitivity can uptick. Things that didn’t bother us can suddenly be an issue for no reason. This definitely happened to me. Anyway I’m sending you love and healing vibes.

Leann I did hear about the COVID symptoms mimicking the same symptoms as WD. I’m praying that you get well soon and have no lasting effects. It would be great to see you take a big step forward in your healing. I stumbled across some older posts of former buddies being 3+ years out then started some major healing. I immediately thought of you. As Live said, it’s not far fetched for you to wake up one morning completely healed. IMO I feel that will happen for you. I don’t know why but I do. So just know we are here for you. Please get plenty of rest. Your body is fighting hard. Love and hugs dear friend.

Deanna it is such a joy to now wake up with a general idea of how my day will go. Seeing a pattern is nice. I’m so happy for my improvements. Grateful is putting it lightly, I’m glad to see yours too. We are getting there for sure! Wow it’s exciting to live the progress. Keep being strong dear sweet friend. You are a champion too! Thank you for the cheers. Love you bunches! 🤗😘

Good Saturday Morning Dear Friends.  Just a quick note to let you know I will be taking a sabbatical of a few months to concentrate on the last bit of my healing.  I feel blessed to have traveled the non-linear road out of benzoland with each of you, and will continue to pray every day that your own personal bwd recovery comes soon.  We are a special band of warriors that have propped each other up over many days, weeks, months, and even years. 

Healing heaps of hugs and love,

GG

Oh GG I am going to miss you!  You are very inspirational to me...You have been through so much and yet you remain positive and looking forward to the future.  I will miss you and your garden references dearly.  As LadyD said, we wish you the best and look forward to any updates from you in the future.  I just know you'll be digging in that garden and loving every minute of it!!!

Hello to all. Just trying to stay afloat here. Still struggling.

Dea,

Thank you for your encouragement. I am looking forward to better times and hopefully soon.

LadyDen,

Thank you so much for all your encouragement and positivity I really appreciate it. Thinking over everything I have done nothing different I have a pretty good routine that I seem to stick to day after day week after week right now. Maybe just some big healing is going on like you said. I'd sure like to think that's the case. I am happy to hear that you're improving and no longer needing to use your walker that's a big step in the right direction. So wonderful!

GG,

Hey there. You are definitely going to be missed all of your encouraging, positivity and quick wit. Wishing you all the best and hoping you will pop in now and then to let us know how you're doing.

Leann,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling. Hopefully this will get behind you sooner rather than later and you will see a much better baseline when it's finished. You are strong and will get through this as you always have and I am sure your final healing is just around the corner. Keep the faith!

Sending warm love and healing thoughts to all,

LiveLife

Hello dear friends.  I apologize for going AWOL!  Ha!  Just been very busy!    I am feeling pretty good these days - have even gone back to work part time in a garden center.  It is really good to be out and about living life.    I too, like GG, feel the need to take a sabbatical from BB.    I feel as if I am at the very end of my healing journey and am going to focus on that last push to get to the finish line.    I will be back to write my success story, hopefully in the near future.

All the best to all my benzo buddies!

Lisa ( Decatur) 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🌹 wow what great news! I’m overjoyed for you. And you even started back to work. Way to go! I wish you continued healing on the rest of your journey. I’m going to really miss you lovely dear! Although I will, I’m glad that you and GG are leaving because you’re better. I have a feeling that it won’t be long before the rest of us will follow you two. Wow this is exciting! I’m also making good progress. Best wishes to you and I’d like to hear from you every so often. My love to you always ❤️🌹 Thank you for being a good friend and support to us. We will miss you.

That is indeed great news Lisa!  I feel like our children are growing up and leaving the nest  :'(

But that is exactly what is supposed to happen!  We are overjoyed for you!!!

So looking forward to your success story  :smitten:  I am jealous about your work at a garden center.  I would LOVE to do that!

LadyDen,

Still really struggling. Didn't want to post anything that wasn't positive so I think it's better just to talk about everyone else until I'm doing better. Thanks for asking. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hi Live, just wanted pop in say sorry you are still suffering as well. Felt really awful since getting Covid, think must affect nervous system, as mental symptoms  and depression got really bad since getting it.Tested negative today on day 12 so hoping will improve. Hope you soon turn a corner😊

Live, this is a vent friendly zone.  :thumbsup: If you want to be Moaning Minnie then feel free. It won’t trigger us. We are moaning too. Isn’t that right, Leann? We all take our turns when getting our butts kicked or just plain old fed up. I’m rooting for you to turn a corner. Hang in there because your window is coming.

:hug::mybuddy:

Good morning yearlings!!! I hope you all woke up to this day being a window for us all. Wouldn’t that be so lovely!well, we can dream can’t we? Do something fun today everyone! Wave hello to your symptoms using your middle finger….l :laugh:

We all know the drill by now. Soon our Groundhog Day will be over. Don’t lose sight of that….we are healing each day even if it’s not so obvious.

Love and kisses and healing wishes ❤️💋😘

Yep I’ve got a gold medal in moaning . I wish I could be more positive in my outlook like some of you, I don’t share the belief I will eventually recover mainly because don’t get windows. I was starting to try do few more things but Covid knocked me for six. It just makes you feel very apathetic, no energy, and very anxious. Was taking something called night nurse to help when keep coughing, really helped sleep, then read contains 18% alcohol, oops maybe not good idea. I think we all need to vent, so vent away Live, you at least have the belief you will recover👍

Leann,

Thank you so much for the well wishes. I greatly appreciate it. I'm so sorry that you have been sick for that long. I'm also happy to hear that you tested negative and that this is behind you so let's hope that things are going to start really looking up for you now. And you're right Leann, I do believe that I will recover but I very strongly believe that you will recover too and I think that can happen for you any day now.

LadyDen,

I want to thank you for all the encouraging words. I do appreciate it. Hope you have been doing well as you had mentioned last time you posted about yourself and your Groundhog Day. I'm still waiting to turn that corner. But I do believe that I will. One of these days.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Live I truly believe you will recover ,  you have hope, something essential to recover from this. Something I don’t have anymore. You are much stronger person than me, you have a real belief you will recover, you are able to give support to others , see past this nightmare existence , doing much better than me, I truly wish I could change my mindset, but after couple years trying everything in the book, without success throwing in the towel, just accepting how it is.. But you don’t have to , you have the strength to get through this🙂

Leann and Live - I'm so sorry that you continue to suffer.  Leann even if you have lost faith in your recovery, I firmly believe that you will.  You mentioned you've tried EVERYTHING, and that's probably true.  How long have you simply tried NOTHING?  The reason I ask is because I too was trying to control this thing and try this or that and we all know it bites us in the @$$!  When I finally gave up the controlling attitude and accepted this thing for what it is and stayed away from anything that could set off my symptoms I started to see progress.  Perhaps it was just the right timing and my body was ready, but when I stopped stressing my body, it could finally heal.  Leann you have had a HUGE stress recently, you'll have to be patient while your body gets over the COVID stress and moves forward again.  Meanwhile - just support your body/brain with good nutrition, rest and as much pleasant activities that feed your soul as possible!

Live - Obviously I believe you will heal as well.  Same advice - good nutrition, sleep, and distraction.  Time is the answer!  Meanwhile we will be here to support you and cheer you on.

LadyD - Hope all is well with you as well  :smitten:  I've been extending myself socially and meeting a newly found friend for coffee.  She is quite the chatterbox and can talk for hours on end.  I try to keep up on every detail she's relaying to me and I find that afterwards I am COMPLETELY SPENT!  It is like I ran a marathon with a headache, fatigue, etc.  So far I've only met her twice and with several weeks in between.  I think she is like exercise for my brain LOL.  Deep down I think it will help my recovery even though it is a workout  :D  Thinking of you my dear!!!