Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Sandy,

I'm sorry to hear the surgery kicked up symptoms.  That's a hard thing on the body when BW is already hard enough.  Just remember the worst will fade with a little more time.  Setbacks are tough, I know from my own with antibiotics but they fade.

Hello to all my fellow benzo Buddies. Hoping that you had a good day today one that was manageable.

Dea,

I did get my new phone blocker and it does seem to be helping. I do think though when my nervous system is a little more flared up I'm still sensitive but I'm happy to have it. Thanks for asking.

LadyDen,

As always thanks for the encouragement and you are right. We are all at about the same place in our healing process and hoping we're getting near the end of this road very soon. Today was actually a bit more manageable for me than it has been in a while so I'm hoping that tomorrow will at least bring more of the same. Still need to get these night terrors under control. Hopefully they will pass like they did before. I'm sure they will with a bit more time.

Sandy,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling so much. It's probably from the anesthesia and the stress on the body. I'm sure it's not going to last very long. Back in December I had a colonoscopy and afterwards I was in pretty bad shape for a while. And I did believe it was from the anesthesia and just the whole procedure on the body causing stress. Keeping you in my prayers.

Sending warm hugs and healing thoughts to everyone!

LiveLife

Hi Sandy, I just want to say that when I've had setbacks due to a stressful event I've always found that I came back to a better new baseline.  I hope this is true for you!

I’m reaching out to my fellow BW Buddies because I’m having horrific symptoms while trying to recover from my knee surgery 1 week ago. The symptoms came with a vengeance. I know no one can help me, but I just needed to reach out to those who understand. Please pray for me!

Sandy🙏🥰

Sandy, my apologies for just seeing this. It’s been crazy week for me. I’ve got a few things going on….nothing bad  but definitely keeping me busy.

I’m so very sorry that you’re struggling since your surgery. I don’t know if this will comfort you but please keep in mind that your body just went through a physical stress from the surgery. And you had other drugs introduced during your surgery and probably taking pain medication. So, I’m not surprised that it has caught up to you although it makes me sad. The good news….things will settle down soon. You may have to ramp up your distractions for a bit until it dies down. I’m not sure what your limits are but perhaps you have some collections of photographs that you’d like to make into a scrapbook as a distraction to keep you busy? Just an idea.  :thumbsup: 

I’m here for you anytime. You’re welcome to PM me any time. You’re in my prayers and I’m sending you healing wishes my dear.

Hello to all my fellow benzo Buddies. Hoping that you had a good day today one that was manageable.

Dea,

I did get my new phone blocker and it does seem to be helping. I do think though when my nervous system is a little more flared up I'm still sensitive but I'm happy to have it. Thanks for asking.

LadyDen,

As always thanks for the encouragement and you are right. We are all at about the same place in our healing process and hoping we're getting near the end of this road very soon. Today was actually a bit more manageable for me than it has been in a while so I'm hoping that tomorrow will at least bring more of the same. Still need to get these night terrors under control. Hopefully they will pass like they did before. I'm sure they will with a bit more time.

Sandy,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling so much. It's probably from the anesthesia and the stress on the body. I'm sure it's not going to last very long. Back in December I had a colonoscopy and afterwards I was in pretty bad shape for a while. And I did believe it was from the anesthesia and just the whole procedure on the body causing stress. Keeping you in my prayers.

Sending warm hugs and healing thoughts to everyone!

LiveLife

Ewwwwwwww the night terrors…..oh my goodness I totally understand! Live, I had those so bad for a bit then they’d leave. Now I have them every blue moon but less intense. They’ll take a hike soon. In the meanwhile try to keep in mind that they’re the brain figuring out the balance of things. And whatever you remember from the terror, fight back immediately. It was helpful for me to engage in calming things so I wouldn’t be thinking about it. Those are symptoms! Not reality.  :thumbsup:

Pray my dear. And you can always wave hello to those terrors with your middle finger.  ;)

This too shall pass

:smitten:

Hi Sandy, I just want to say that when I've had setbacks due to a stressful event I've always found that I came back to a better new baseline.  I hope this is true for you!

Me too! EVERY time after a setback I had a better baseline. Now my pattern is about 3 days decent and 3 days feeling not so good. This is progress for sure.

What’s your pattern?

Hello to all. I have been going through some crazy symptoms. As I mentioned night terrors. Then yesterday I had terrible jaw pain and a headache which I've had on occasion and I think of GG. It was pretty horrible. Then I went to bed last night and had the Terrors and woke up this morning with terrible vertigo and that boaty feeling. Then I think of LadyDen. Not to mention this horrible fear that stays all day long lately, and sometimes it's accompanied by agitation and depression. Unbelievable! I also have terrible tinnitus that is screaming louder than it ever has in my left ear, as well as stomach issues and terrible heartburn and a lot of left-sided pain including my shoulder and then my left arm tingles. Chest pressure and heart palpitations too. Last night I also had to use a rescue inhaler for the wheezing cough that's been coming and going. If I want to go into a store the bright lights are so brutal I have to wear a hat and sunglasses. I just have so many symptoms I'm probably forgetting one of them. Suffering so much and still unable to watch any television because it over excites my sensitive nervous system. It's been difficult to do much lately. Sorry I just had to vent. I sure hope I'm doing some very intense healing here because it's becoming unbearable.

LadyDen,

Thank you for the encouraging words as always. Good suggestions about the night terrors. Also it's wonderful that you get three good days and then three not so good days sounds like a wonderful pattern. Before you know it the bad days will all turn into good days.

Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Hey Live! Guess what? I had a bad headache yesterday too. That’s why I wasn’t here. It lasted all day until right before bedtime when like a switch….poof,,gone! It left my head feeling sore. I’m not concerned because I’ve had these same headaches off and on since my jump 21 months ago. They are not fun! I’m sorry that you had one too. And just like you, I thought of GG. Hopefully today you will get a window. So far my headache is gone but I’m tired although I slept decently. Your symptoms sounds so uncomfortable. My heart goes out to you. And OMG I hope your boatiness don’t last like mine did. I wouldn’t wish that on nobody…..welll, yes I would for terrorists, child predators, serial killers and such likes. But you get my point, 😂

Are you distracting yourself? Are you resting often? I’m sure not watching tv is a drag. It’s the best way to ignore symptoms. Hopefully you can try watching it maybe 10-15 minutes at a time? I wish I could take it all away for you. For us all. You’ll most likely have a nice window very soon and even a better baseline. Your brain is hard at work for sure. It sucks but healing itself. Here’s a big hug for you  🤗  if there’s anything I can do please let me know.  There’s nothing wrong with venting.  We’re at the end of this so it’s not uncommon for our symptoms to show out. Much healing is in the making. Believe that! If you go look at older posts, you’ll see what you’re experiencing is very common this far out. But afterwards, many took big leaps in healing or healed completely.

:smitten: :smitten: :hug::mybuddy:

LadyDen,

I'm so sorry that you had a headache. But I'm happy that it's gone! I always appreciate your insightfulness and kindness. The encouragement goes a very long way. Thank you so much! Hugs.

LiveLife

Oh, no, I just wrote about four paragraphs but when I hit post it sent me back to sign in.  I tried the back arrow to bring my post back up, but no luck.  So, unfortunately, I am now a little too tired to repost a long epistle.  Let me just say I have read all the most recent posts and see that many of us are having headaches…..LadyDen, LiveLife, Helen?  I have a roaring, pounding one today, and I am thinking it might be from the twenty-one electrodes glued to my head for 48 hours…..the glue has some alcohol in it which supposedly burns off, but who knows for sure.  Yesterday my also bad headache went poof about 6:00 p.m., just like LadyDen’s😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫.  What the heck happens to them…..where do they go??????

Here in the Mid-Atlantic we are experiencing high winds now, and strong storms with rain, hail and possibly tornadoes later this evening.  I wonder if all the headaches we are experiencing are related somehow to the weird up and down weather?  How does your head pain manifest itself?  Mine seem to come from my neck and travel to the top of my head where they burn and throb.  LiveLife and I are also having the jaw pain which adds another level of ouch. Right LifeLive?  These headaches really worry me as I have been having them badly off and on since getting off the Valium…..the Valium was given to me to stop my headaches, which I guess began my vicious cycle.  Every time I went to the ER I was given Ativan🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶.  My success story will be written when these head symptoms take a hike!

How is everyone else faring…..Sandy, Deanna, Decatur??????

Thinking of all of you with warm, healing thoughts🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

GG

GG,

Hi there. I'm sorry that you are having such bad headaches I'm right there with you. My headaches lately have started in the jaw and go back into the neck and up into the head. Absolutely horrible! I do believe that they are benzo related. Before this withdrawal I really didn't get too many headaches and I have a good chiropractor that would help me. Just today I went to see him and he puts on gloves on and works in my mouth and helps to release the jaw pain. But it keeps coming back. I just think it's too much tension in the body. That whole Electrode thing sounds like quite a wild ride. It's possible that could have aggravated you for sure. Hopefully your day tomorrow will be much better. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hi all need a virtual hug, anxiety full on here. Son & wife came to stay overnight Sunday as was Mother’s Day. Their cellar was flooded sewage coming out, so plan was to then go to her parents as live near my son’s workplace. She developed Covid symptoms, was positive Monday been quite ill so couldn’t go to parents or go home. Son tested positive yesterday, my husband now tested positive as well.  So they advise isolation fir 5 days then need 2 negative tests be here until at least Tuesday. So far J’m OK,  but totally freaking out about getting food in, Ciz anxiety can’t go to shops on my own, end up making hubby go back to check all is OK. Had my weekly delivery but still need stuff for lunches. Desperately trying to appear normal, but they take over 2 rooms as been working from home and had move lot stuff around. I feel so frigging useless J’m only one still OK, but absolutely useless unable  to do much coz anxiety and stress really bad, can’t explain them why I’m too scared to go to the shops, will just have send hubby with a mask, legally don’t have to isolate any more now. Their house won’t be respaired  fir another 3 weeks. Sometimes think him upstairs doesn’t like me 😱😱😱😱😱

Hello Leann.  Wow, you really have been hit with a set of circumstances which is certainly not good for your state of mind.  I pray you don’t get hit with Covid, as your nervous system is so fragile at this point.  So, your son and DIL will be staying with you for a week or two?  What caused their basement to flood?

I wish I could make things easier for you…unfortunately, all I can do is send my huggiest of hugs and prayers that you can get through this temporary moment in time without too much upheaval.

Hugs,

GG

Thanks GG. They have had builders in doing loft  conversion. They were putting rubble down drains, they think might been them got broken drains. It’s old victorian  house so old drains. I’m hoping once they are safe to mix they’ll go to her mothers as it’s nearer their work, . They are thinking going away as likely be a month or so.. I don’t mind having them, but it’s a real strain trying not let anxiety bubble out, and can’t have any waves while they are here or will think I’m complete loony  tunes. Been 5 days now would think would have had symptoms by now. If I get I get it, they don’t seem too bad, but don’t have a shot nervous system. And it’s bitterly cold and been snowing to complete the  happy picture, Least I have Bridgerton to watch.

Hello everyone!

I’m in need of a hug as well. My recovery from my knee surgery is not going well. I’m having severe pain that I should not be having. I had to go to the hospital on Wednesday for a Doppler to rule out that I had a blood clot. Thankfully I’d do not!

Sending hugs and prayers to everyone as I know we are all going through some challenges.

Sandy🥰🙏

Well, we are certainly the walking wounded!  Sandy, you know how sorry I am to hear that you are continuing to have pain and ill affects from your knee surgery.  When I had my left hip replacement in 2015, I had a blood clot that traveled to my lungs.  Luckily I survived that, but still have to take blood thinners for the rest of my life.

So, Leann and Sandy, just do the best you can to get through these temporary crises!  You know things will be better as they always are.

I am just dealing with the stupid head aches, which I think are part benzo related and part barometric pressure influences.

Leann, I can’t believe you are looking at snow…..is this normal in your part of England?  Tune into Bridgerton…….that will warm you up😜😜😜😜😜

Hugs from,

GG

Hi GG. Not not normal to have snow where I live. Was lovely last week sat in garden with a jacket , Weather in England never dull. Meant to be warming up next week. I’ve had lot headaches as well this week, sometimes the weather affects me, when very cold gives me bad headaches maybe it’s the air pressure.. Waiting for a curry to be delivered, least no cooking tonight. Hope you soon improve Sandy x

Our weather here in the U.S. has been totally wacky!  Tornadoes, floods, freezing cold to balmy breezes, so our brain pressure is also out of wack!  We are expecting a nice day tomorrow, so am praying for some headache relief.

Yum, I love curry so have a bite or two for me.

Thinking of you fondly,

GG

Happy Saturday yearlings! Wow as GG said we are all having our butts spanked. Ouch! But we know the drill….temporary thank God!

Leann I feel bad for you dealing with all that plus anxiety. Please don’t worry about going to the shops, they can wait. There’s no need in adding on to your suffering. Good thing you have hubby to take care of tasks. We all have to do what’s best for us. We are recovering, not lazy or crazy….recovering.  :thumbsup: Hope today will be better for you and stay warm sweetheart. 🌹 love and hugs

GG yes those headaches suck and they ARE benzo recovery related. It’s not a coincidence that we all get them. Pop in and out at random then poof…gone. Mine is always in my head/face regions. It’s almost sinus like but it isn’t. Tight tension headache that last the whole day then gone. I won’t have another for 1-2 weeks. They are milder than before. So I’m definitely healing. I usually wake up with one when they start. Weird feeling head pressure is with it. They can be scary if we allow them to freak us out. But I don’t because I’ve had them since jumpin. I’m well aware of what they are and know it will be for a day. So, I just lay around watching tv to pass the time. I’m not giving mine a stage to perform on. You know what I mean? I observe it but don’t participate in the madness mentally. Just like all the others, it’s just a temporary symptom. I’m sure those electrodes and strange weather doesn’t help. It’s probably a combo of all three factors….weather, electrodes and typical we’d symptom. The good news is it passes. Hope you are safe with the crazy weather we’re having. Love and hugs 🌹

Live, my neck tightness is mild and pops in for a quick visit every blue moon. I’m so glad it doesn’t last too long. We get very wild crazy symptoms that doesn’t make any sense and have no reason to be present. SMH! That jaw pain is the same way. I’ve also had that before…short lived but painful like someone was trying to crush it. Weird! If it wasn’t for this forum, I’d freak out about everything. But I don’t because I know what it all is…..symptoms. So when they arrive and the ones that are my basic ones, I don’t participate as I said before. It’s bad enough that they take my ability to do normal things. But I’m not letting them have my mind too. Nope, not today! When my boatiness revs up I think to myself “ ok ok ok I feel you. Now calm down! I have to go walk today. Why don’t you just leave and never come back!” Then I go distract myself. But one thing I’m grateful for is a different Groundhog Day now. My old groundhog days were intense boaty and magnet pulling sensation most of the day. Now it’s moderate to mild boaty throughout the day and my pulling sensation is very mild only showing up sometimes but for a short stay. I’m counting my blessings! 

Sandy my heart goes out to you. And you can have all the hugs you need! Hugs 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 Unfortunately we can relate to how you feel. We’ve all been there. Very happy that you don’t have a clot. I think with any surgery time is going to take care of your pain. You still have a ways to go. Your surgery wasn’t that long ago my dear. So please take good care of yourself and be extra careful. I’m praying for your pain relief. When you’re healed, it will be worth it. I wish I was there to give you a real hug. Instead, I send my love and healing vibes. 🌹

Deanna hope you’re doing ok. Where are you hiding girlie? Pop in to give us a wave 👋. Wishing you a great day.

Decatur, I’m thinking of you deary. Hope you’re doing good. Miss you very much!

Today is my granddaughter’s first birthday party. Im planning on attending. This will be my first outing in a year. I’m excited about it. I haven’t been able to go or do anything in a long time. The good thing is that it’s taking place at my apartment community building. So it will make it easier for me to go back to bed if my symptoms act up. But I’m happy to have the chance to try it. At least I will know how much I can handle. And if all goes well, then I will plan more outings that are short distances. I have to start somewhere, right? Or else I won’t know. So this will be a good test and I’ll have the distraction of the event. I’ll be wearing my mask and sitting away from everyone. Keep me in your prayers that all goes well. I’ll give a report afterwards.

Enjoy your day….❤️💋🌹🤗😘

Hello Sweet LadyDen.  As always your words provide your fellow buddies with much needed support, and remind us that we are all heading down the same path, but with individual twists and turns and time frames.

Please totally immerse yourself today in the celebration of your granddaughter’s first birthday.  Enjoy it on your own terms and don’t overdue…..please.

Love and healing hugs for all of us🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Had hacking cough all day will leave it day or so then take test. If going to get rather get it over and done with sooner rather than later. Got my son and his wife until Wednesday then there are hoping to go to her Mum’s. My husband went to supermarket wearing a mask get few supplies in fir lunches. Getting stressed as to whether Covid will make me worse but can’t do anything about it. You don’t have to isolate at all here now, but we aren’t mixing until all clear. Hope you are all doing well.Enjoy  the party Lady Den xx

Awake all night coughing , feel like s**t, very hot definitely got Covid. Happy happy days. Praying doesn’t rev up symptoms. Hope you are all doing OK.