Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

LiveLife, It is very interesting that your Naturopath thinks that EMFs may be contributing to your sensitivities.  I have to say that early on in my withdrawal (about 4 months) I came upon the Earthing (or grounding) movement.  I heard about it from a few ppl on this site and did some research.  You can start investigating at www.earthing.com.

I felt it had ZERO risk, so I ordered a grounding mat and used it at night during my time in bed.  I immediately felt that it helped my sleep!  It wasn't a game-changer, but I really saw an improvement, so I started even using it while I watched tv too.  I still use it.  I got my husband to try it and he feels better, and my daughter who always had a history of nightmares saw a reduction in those.

So the concept is that it protects against EMFs, which are all over the place in modern life, not just your phone.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dea,

Thank you for your input. I do really appreciate this whole grounding thing. With all these emf's were just not grounded enough. I have a grounding brick plugged in my bedroom. It's supposed to really help. I just definitely need something for my phone because every time I try to get on it I start getting really nauseous and dizzy. So, I'm hoping it's going to make a difference because it really is difficult staying off of benzo buddies. This is the place where everyone knows what I'm going through. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hugs to you too LL!

Just wondering - are you ok talking in person to someone, but just feel the jitteriness on the phone?

Because I used to get anxious when either on the phone or in person - and that was def the withdrawal. 

Dea,

Thanks for the hugs! My nervous system is just so sensory overloaded that I have difficulty even talking in person. Sometimes I have a bit of a window but that's rarely and then I'm a little better. It's very frustrating because I'm a big people person and in the work that I did before the withdrawal it was all about helping people, which I dearly loved. So it really makes this that much more difficult. My phone even flares me up when I'm just trying to post on benzo buddies or read posts. So I'm really hoping that this blocker is going to help.

LiveLife

Good Friday Morning!

I hope this morning finds everyone doing well. I’m 4 days post op from my knee surgery and doing ok. The surgery went well and I will recover over the next couple of months. The meniscus tear was moderate and will take some time to heal. The pain is more than I expected, but I’m able to take the pain medicine without side effects so far.

I appreciate the support and encouragement from my Benzo buddies. It helps more than you know.

I wish everyone a lovely weekend.

Hugs of comfort, healing, joy and peace.🥰🙏

Sandy

Hi Sandy, so happy to have an update, as I have been thinking about you and wondering how the surgery went.  Thankfully, it seems as if you are recovering nicely and can now look forward to a healed knee, and, hopefully, enjoy swimming this summer in your pool!

Stay in touch!

Hugs,

GG

Leann yes it’s ridiculous how long it takes and the process is as well. Nothing we’ve ever encountered heal in this way. But we do have evidence of complete healing at various timeframes so we know it is a reality. So yes you will get to heal too. If we put a time limit on it, it makes us live in such disappointment and doubt when that time comes and goes. You’re right not to put another date on it. In many ways this is like a prison….we are trapped TEMPORARILY in our symptoms. Our freedom is in the making with each day. I just thank God that I know I’ll be free of this soon and you will too.

Least you didn’t try any more meds like stupid me, listening to the doctors.Think this is worse than prison, least there everyone in the same boat, you don’t have explain why you can’t do stuff. Least sun shining here been doing the garden, looking forward to my birdbath coming. What is a breezeway? This is like a foreign language at times. Book was reading kept on about bangs had me completely confused until looked it up. Do you call call you gardens yards, learning experience fir me here!

A breezeway is an area outside of an entrance that’s open to outside but covered above. It allows the breeze to flow through it. Picture it as a hallway but located outside but it’s connected to the house. In my case it’s connected to the apartment.

No we call garden an area where things are planted. The yard is the whole area that is within the property line. The yard can have a garden planted in it.  :thumbsup:

Yes different countries call things different. It took me a minute to figure out that chips are French fries or chopped fried potatoes in other countries.Here in the USA we call them fries or French fries. Our chips are a snack food which can be made of potatoes or corn. I think the English call them crisps. I agree that it can be confusing. I’m glad you asked.  :thumbsup:

Hope you’re doing well today. Big hugs 🤗

Thanks for explanation, strange how we all speak English but has evolved differently over the years. I read a lot and do get confused sometimes with food descriptions when it’s an American author. We call the thin chips like Mac Donald ones, French fries. The bangs really stumped me, also think you call trousers , pants. Lot of American names for items are filtering in over here. Most flats seem to be called apartments now. Least I know what a yard is now! It’s same with pronunciation , lot things said differently. Think there was a song about it.

I’m not doing great be 21 months off AD’s the intrusive thoughts just not eased. Think since stopping unisom awful depression eased, but only getting about 4 hours sleep, but do think maybe it was contributing to some of anxiety so will stay off it. Least weather warm at moment, sat in garden for bit this afternoon. Bridgerton  starts Friday, not much eye candy though, as no sexy Duke. I read they are concentrating on different books so different characters feature. Need bit  light relief, things pretty dire here, with war in Ukraine, and Covid cases going through roof again.

Yes you’re right! Some of the pronunciation is different. And then here we have people from different parts of the USA that pronounce words different. For example we have southern speech, New Yorkers, Louisiana, southern African Americans, etc. All say the same word differently but we all understand each other.

Yes we say apartments instead of flats and pants instead of trousers.

I’m sooooooooo glad the awful depression lifted when stopping the unisom. I knew it would.  :thumbsup:

Our weather is nice here lately. You will continue now to get better.

Bridgerton sounds like it will be interesting this season. I’m looking forward to watching it. No matter how many hunks they have or not. 😂

Big hugs to you!

Hello to all  my 12-24 month buddies!  Congrats LadyDen on 21 months!  I am closing in on 20.  Can't believe it really.

I am trying to stay busy, but tend to push myself too much.  I just can't seem to dance inside the limits that withdrawal has drawn for me LOL.  Today I did a lot of housework, and sitting down just now I am bracing for the nerve pain.  It will be nice someday when those are not my immediate thoughts after a busy day.  Perhaps someday I'll just sit down and go "ahhhh, it's nice to sit down..."  Oh well, not yet.

I actually woke up a bit dizzy this morning after a pretty good night's sleep.  I don't usually get this symptom too often, but I think it's the "boaty" feeling people talk about.  I feel like I'm half asleep and my brain hasn't woke up yet.  It lasted throughout the day very minimally, and now mostly gone.  No one believes me when I say I still have effects from getting off Ambien.  Even hubby thinks I've come a good way along (which thank GOD I have!) and that when I mention a symptom he thinks it's just a normal feeling which I'm just hyper focused on.  I just have to take a deep breath, and I remember that all of YOU totally get it!!!  Bless you all!

Sincerely hoping each one of you has a bit of joy today.  Joy helps us recover!!!!!

Omg Deanna I hope you don’t get boaty dizzy often. Trust me when I tell you that it puts your whole life on hold. Like a prison! I’m praying that that will be just a simple extremely mild every blue moon symptom for you. Preferably not at all. But we do get a few symptoms that mildly pop in and out quickly. I’m congratulating you on 20 months! Absolutely fabulous! It seems like we both are doing decent now with a bigger than usual wave spread out longer. This is good progress. I totally agree that joy helps us recover. It’s great that you have a supportive hubby. I’m happy to have watched your progress so far. We will be healed very soon.

Love and hugs

Hey everyone- unfortunately I'm graduating to this group from the 9-12 month group.  The last month was good for me, but the last few days I could feel a wave starting up and it got me full force today.  I had hoped I would never need to come to this thread but here we are.  Wishing everyone healing.

Hello to all. Thank you Leann, GG and LadyDen for your encouragement. I want to congratulate you LadyDen on being 21 months out. That's a great accomplishment. Hopefully things will start turning a corner for you soon.

I went to my doctor today and he feels that my phone is really flaring me up. He's a naturopath. I guess the EMFS from it can be a problem for sensitive people. I had a Blocker on it but it's not working very well. So I'm going to try to order a different one and see if it helps. He does not think it's causing my wave, but it is flaring up my nervous system, from some of the testing he did. So, until I get a new blocker and hope that works. I'm not able to post too much, I'm trying to stay off my phone as much as possible.

Sending warm love and healing hugs to everyone.

LiveLife

Wow I didn’t know a cell phone could do that. Now you’re making me curious  ???

But Live I’m glad to hear from you. When I don’t hear from you all, I get concerned. So I hope you resolve the issue soon so we can continue to enjoy your presence here. Until you do, I will miss your lovely posts. I’m sending you happy healing vibes and warm hugs. Thank you for being such a good buddy. Please post as soon as you can. I’d like to keep up with your progress my dear. Enjoy your day. 🤗🌹

Good Friday Morning!

I hope this morning finds everyone doing well. I’m 4 days post op from my knee surgery and doing ok. The surgery went well and I will recover over the next couple of months. The meniscus tear was moderate and will take some time to heal. The pain is more than I expected, but I’m able to take the pain medicine without side effects so far.

I appreciate the support and encouragement from my Benzo buddies. It helps more than you know.

I wish everyone a lovely weekend.

Hugs of comfort, healing, joy and peace.🥰🙏

Sandy

Sandy I’ve been praying for you! Wonderful that all went well. Thank God! I believe that you’ll heal nicely. It’s great the pain meds are not causing an issue. You take rest and don’t push too hard too fast. Please keep us posted when you’re up to it. What a sweetie you are and a mighty warrior! I’m so proud of you because I know that wasn’t easy. Sending you healing wishes and my love! 🌹❤️

Glad you have made some decisions that are best for you family wise. I did look at the Jennifer Leigh group, but 120 dollars a month. Already spent £200 on brain retraining course that actually made things worse. I do listen to some videos from another therapist going through withdrawal. But I’m retired so on limited budget, and to be honest nothing really helps the mental symptoms. There seems be lot on archive posts about intrusive thoughts but nothing recently, jennifer Leigh said she found them unbearable and were her worst symptom. There are more like severe anxiety about things most time.

Got my bird Bath, but all they’ve done is pooped in it so far, hopefully will start splashing soon. I was up a ladder cleaning my conservatory roof earlier, a brief distraction. Bridgerton starts tonight so bit of escapism😊

Yes I agree, Leann. Spending money isn’t going to help much at all. Especially when we know time is what it takes. Smart move on your part IMO.  :thumbsup:

The birdbath was funny. Thanks for the laugh. They’ll be splashing in no time. Maybe you should put a sign on it in bird language that it isn’t a toilet. Lol 😂 when I had my birdbath I had the same issue. Unfortunately that’s what they do…poop and poop everywhere.

Yes I’m excited that Bridgerton is coming back on tonight. I’m looking forward to the distraction ( escape) as well. Wow I hope they don’t disappoint us like some series do when they return. But we will find out very soon.  :thumbsup:

My crocheting is going well so far. I’m making a baby blanket for the new baby arriving soon. If I have time, I might also make a hat or some headbands with flowers on them.

Jennifer Leigh does seem very good, but was surprised how much she charges fir things. The horrible depression  has largely eased, but just get so frustrated never move forward or get day without anxiety. Have had bad virus this week probably made things worse. Did a Covid test but negative. Was convinced had it as said backache and nausea are the big differences between that and bad cold, both which I had. Cases really rocketing here 2 of my friends got it this week. Apparently less bonking in this series Bridgerton. Just keep seeing planes going over us, and think will I ever travel again. I only had about 3 packets zop year that’s what makes me so mad withdrawal lasted so long. Others polydrugged seemed recovered quicker.  C’est la vie I guess.

Hello to all my beautiful Buddies. Hope you all had a window day.

Sandy,

I'm so happy to hear that the surgery is behind you and it all went well. So great that you're able to take the pain meds too. Take care of yourself rest up and I'm sure getting this off your plate is going to reduce the stress level. I know it wasn't easy to go through but it's so good that you had it done.

LadyDen,

Sounds like you're making some improvements with your waves and windows. That's wonderful! Keep it up. Thank you for the encouraging words you always are so kind. It's pretty crazy how these phones put out the electromagnetic frequencies. We ended up buying a meter that reads the frequencies and the phone is very high when it's on and in use if you're texting or talking.

Accidental,

Welcome to the group. I'm so sorry that you didn't want to be part of it, but I understand. I know we all would have loved to have been healed before now. But we just keep moving forward one day at a time, sometimes it's 1 minute or 1 second at a time depending on how your day is going.

Today I hit the 22-month mark. I do feel like it's a good accomplishment just wish I was feeling better. But maybe it's just a lot of healing going on and there's going to be a change coming for me soon. Here's hoping!

Sending warm hugs and healing thoughts to all.

LiveLife

Hope you are all doing well. Going duck out for bit, feel  like in acute again ,life feeling hopeless. Got upset by comment on main forum page. Unable to eat, nauseous, can’t keep fighting this anymore ,so so tired. This virus I’ve got finished me off. Just seems no end to this for some unlucky few of us. Wishing you all windows and healingxxx

Hello to all my beautiful Buddies. Hope you all had a window day.

Sandy,

I'm so happy to hear that the surgery is behind you and it all went well. So great that you're able to take the pain meds too. Take care of yourself rest up and I'm sure getting this off your plate is going to reduce the stress level. I know it wasn't easy to go through but it's so good that you had it done.

LadyDen,

Sounds like you're making some improvements with your waves and windows. That's wonderful! Keep it up. Thank you for the encouraging words you always are so kind. It's pretty crazy how these phones put out the electromagnetic frequencies. We ended up buying a meter that reads the frequencies and the phone is very high when it's on and in use if you're texting or talking.

Accidental,

Welcome to the group. I'm so sorry that you didn't want to be part of it, but I understand. I know we all would have loved to have been healed before now. But we just keep moving forward one day at a time, sometimes it's 1 minute or 1 second at a time depending on how your day is going.

Today I hit the 22-month mark. I do feel like it's a good accomplishment just wish I was feeling better. But maybe it's just a lot of healing going on and there's going to be a change coming for me soon. Here's hoping!

Sending warm hugs and healing thoughts to all.

LiveLife

Congrats on 22 months!  :clap:

LiveLife, congratulations on your major milestone of 22 months!  Now, let’s see you start some real healing in the coming days….my gosh, you sure need some relief.

I am pulling for you!

Hugs,

GG

Leann, I wish you well and please come back to us when your healing happens…..it will!  I am also not feeling well at this juncture in my healing journey, but have been here and done this before, and I know this too shall pass.

Enjoy the beauty of your garden and your bathing birds.….nature does help us heal!!!!

Hugs,

GG

Just wanted to say hello and thank you to everyone for the congratulations on making the 22-month mark. Sure hope the 22 month marker will yield more relief.  Hugs!

LiveLife

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much this past week - I have been trying to get back to more daily activities and so far so good. 

LadyDen thank you for your concern for my boatiness but thankfully when I do get it (which isn't too often) it is mild and I can still function.  It just feels like when I have a sinus headache (without any pain or pressure) and when I move my head it feels like my brain is sloshing around.  It passes then comes back.  I figure it is my brain healing.  It seems like you too are getting to do more?  Please let us know the progress you are making!

Sandy - I am very happy your surgery went well and you are tolerating the meds.  That in itself is a great sign that you are healing.  Good luck with the rehab!  It will give you something to focus on for sure.

LL - 22 Months!!!  That is AWESOME.  I think we are all getting really close now!  Did you figure out the phone thing?

Leann - I think you are wise to forego the expensive therapy sessions and just go out into your garden for some natural healing therapy.  Gardens are a sanctuary and they can be spiritual for us.  Yes birdbaths get icky dirty.  I have a small circulating fountain that the birds like to splash around in.  it helps when the water is moving.  Spring is coming and I can't wait to get my hands dirty in the garden!  Stay strong my dear, you have put so much time in and I just know you will see some progress soon. 

GG! I hope you aren't under the weather for too long.  You need to get out into the garden too  :smitten:

Accidental welcome to the group.  You may not be happy to join the group based on the number of months but this is the place where healing happens!  We are so happy you are here!

Deanna I’m doing good so far. My waves are milder and shorter. I’m walking but not too much further. Yes I’m doing more as far as little things. I’m grateful for the healing. It’s nice to see clear progress although slow. I have sinus pressure without any infection too. It’s a WD symptom…comes and goes. Very good to hear your boatiness isn’t often as well as not too severe. That is soooo awesome because I wouldn’t want you or anyone to go through what I did. It is very debilitating. So yay that you can still function.  :thumbsup:

Have a great day today and enjoy yourself my dear.

Love and hugs

To everyone else…keep your head up. Symptoms are a sign of your brain trying to get it right. As far out as we all are, it’s only a matter of WHEN they will go away for good. They wax and wane…we know the drill so let’s stay positive and ignore them as much as possible. Like a kid on the floor throwing a tantrum. Step over that kid and keep walking…ignore it.  :thumbsup:

So Netflix here I come!

I’m reaching out to my fellow BW Buddies because I’m having horrific symptoms while trying to recover from my knee surgery 1 week ago. The symptoms came with a vengeance. I know no one can help me, but I just needed to reach out to those who understand. Please pray for me!

Sandy🙏🥰