Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Leann,

For some reason I thought I read a post of yours that your evenings were better at the 3 year mark  You are able to watch tv and distract, but maybe I misunderstood. Was hoping for some kind of encouragement but thank you for your reply.

I’ve always been able watch tv, I’m a bit of glass half empty person so not best person to ask. I felt much better on zopiclone than off, so probably different to most on here. Everyone is different, lit people do recover by 3 years. Trying therapy at moment, she’s got me listening to meditation apps every morning before I get up. Might be worth trying therapy to help. Depends what else is happening, was perfect storm with me, we had lockdown for best part of a year, then the emotional stuff following year with all lies and deception with my Mum’s will, then flu jab making me really ill. Sometimes other stuff going on not all withdrawal. Am I right thinking your husband was unwell any additional stress adds to withdrawal. The flu jab set me back months, then having the flu. Hugs xxx

Hi all,

I hope this finds everyone feeling some sort of relief.  I'm thinking of you! I'm still in a bad wave.  Jordan Jack, the burning, aching, tingling, buzzing is nonstop for me as of now too and I think of you not getting any breaks and say a prayer for you.  It's no joke.  The buzzing woke me up after only 3 hours of sleep last night.  I am back to resting on the couch a lot with short gentle walks outside and stretching when I can.  I'm working on acceptance that this is part of the process.  It's very challenging for sure.  I just wanted to drop in and say I think of all of you often and am just lying low for now and coping in the best ways I know how. 

Greetings to Lady Den, Garden Guru, Feeling Fire, Jb, Pashu (so sorry to hear you are still suffering as well), Live Life, Decatur, Becks, J Ben, Jordan Jack, Leann, Millett, Dehyq2, Hardy and anyone else reading here. 

Yours in solidarity,

Helen

Limerick to BenzoBuddies.

There once was a group of old mates(buddies)

Who’d taken all they could take

Benzos are a curse

Said one to his nurse

They’ve landed us in a right state!

The mates, they chatted online

We’ll fight and get to the finish line

We’ll taper and weigh

Til one final day

We’ll jump and say…..WE’RE ALL FINE!

Thought this might make you smile…….at least for a moment!

Hardy xx

That made me smile. Did make myself go out today as finally stopped raining. Trying to do mindfulness the therapist told me to do every morning, struggle with it , but bit of light relief in the limerick is welcome😄

Limerick to BenzoBuddies.

There once was a group of old mates(buddies)

Who’d taken all they could take

Benzos are a curse

Said one to his nurse

They’ve landed us in a right state!

The mates, they chatted online

We’ll fight and get to the finish line

We’ll taper and weigh

Til one final day

We’ll jump and say…..WE’RE ALL FINE!

Thought this might make you smile…….at least for a moment!

Hardy xx

Very creative and cute, Hardy!  :D

Leann,

That's amazing you've always been able to watch television. I've only been able to start watching it again in the last few months and only at night. I'm so sorry you had that set back I'm sure once you get further removed from that things are going to start settling down and you'll see you'll be just as good as you were and better. Hugs! LiveLife

I have be careful what I watch, when I was really ill  after flu jab couldn’t watch anything just sat alone in the dark. It’s more the crazy thoughts in my head affect me not outside stimulation. I’m very far from being healed. Do you get windows, think could cope better if I got day without anxiety. Sitting here sobbing feel awful again today, get 1 day sort function next day like black must comes over me fall apart completely. Plodding on with the mindfulness don’t find it easy though! Hope you soon get some relief . I pray everyone on here gets some relief, I just feel totally disconnected from the outside world, with no way of rejoining it at moment, if anyone can relate. xxx

Hi all,

I hope this finds everyone feeling some sort of relief.  I'm thinking of you! I'm still in a bad wave.  Jordan Jack, the burning, aching, tingling, buzzing is nonstop for me as of now too and I think of you not getting any breaks and say a prayer for you.  It's no joke.  The buzzing woke me up after only 3 hours of sleep last night.  I am back to resting on the couch a lot with short gentle walks outside and stretching when I can.  I'm working on acceptance that this is part of the process.  It's very challenging for sure.  I just wanted to drop in and say I think of all of you often and am just lying low for now and coping in the best ways I know how. 

Greetings to Lady Den, Garden Guru, Feeling Fire, Jb, Pashu (so sorry to hear you are still suffering as well), Live Life, Decatur, Becks, J Ben, Jordan Jack, Leann, Millett, Dehyq2, Hardy and anyone else reading here. 

Yours in solidarity,

Helen

Oh Helen,

I am so sorry that you are in a horrible wave and have the cruel burning as well. It truly is the most cruel symptom to me. I’ve been in an awful wave for weeks, however lately it seems I am truly getting worse. My body is raging with burning, acid feeling in my brain veins, terrible muscle pain and fear. I am barely hanging on.

I pray for mercy for both of us and Jorgen who is also suffering from this horrible symptom. Unless someone has experienced it, it’s almost impossible to explain it. I pray you get relief soon and that the wave lifts.

I’m sending you love and healing prayers. 🙏❤️

Leann,

I'm just so sorry how that flu jab affected you. I'm sure you'll be back to normal once more time goes by and you get distanced from it. I do get windows here and there little ones. Sometimes a whole day but I'm not free of all my symptoms. They do encourage me but a good amount of time goes by in between.  But I do get those fleeting moments here and there.  They do help to show me what my life could be like. Just hanging on and hoping to turn a corner soon.  At least every other day is somewhat functional that's a good sign.  Soon those manageable days are going to be increasing and outnumbering the other ones. Wishing the best for you and hope you get a complete recovery soon. Hugs! LiveLife

Morning  :hug:

I pray all had a good weekend and feeling better today. The struggle is real in this process. But keep going! Hardy thank you for the smile. Helen I pray you’re shifting to better days now. Live I’m thinking of you and hoping you post soon that you’re better too. Leann please take good care of yourself and know you’re doing all you can.

To everyone else…I send my love, hugs and warm get well wishes.

As for me, I’m still doing well most days. About once a week on the weekends I get a day or two of a more intense wave. Oh well it is what it is. I’m still enjoying my walks, family time and doing all kinds of normal things. The car rides are a struggle but I’m not giving up!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Anyone else had rapid cycling symptoms wondering if it’s good sign? Yesterday was sobbing in a black hole, meant be seeing friends had to cancel. Today went to Pilates, cut the grass, weeded the garden, like woke up different person. Know it won’t last but makes it really hard plan anything. Just hoping sign my brain repairing itself finally😄

That happens to me Leann. Pretty much always a sudden dip from good to bad.

The bad to good change happens over several days.

I’ve yet to fathom out quite how or why I’m just hoping it’s waves and windows like everyone says.

Yes, impossible to plan anything at all. I’ve sort of got used to that. I’m happy if I have a day without the terror and meltdown. I hope we can all plan a lot more activities as we recover.

Well done on the Pilates and gardening……wonderful!!

Hardy xx

Hoping it’s a sign things finally improving. Been lovely day here, I do find the garden very therapeutic, Still not completely over flu but trying to eat bit more. Just seems such a roller coaster with very few windows. Wonder what I’m doing wrong😄

Happy 34 months to me! wow that’s shocking to say that I’m 34 months. But I’m even more happy to be able to say that I’m feeling better. Healing in time is a very real thing. You both mentioned planning things and I hope that you both can be able to do that soon. As for me, I can’t plan anything major because they all involve car riding to somewhere but I’m working on it. I’m confident that one day soon I’ll finally post that I went somewhere to enjoy an activity again. I can’t wait!! It’s getting close!!!

Wishing everyone a happy day in hopes of all feeling better. I send my love

Lady Den!!! Happy 34 months! It's so wonderful to hear of your healing progress. I'm fully comfortable you are on your way and once you get that car riding down pat, the world is your oyster. You're going to get that day at the beach you've wanted. It's coming!  You've been so patient and so smart about your recovery.  It's paying off!  :thumbsup::smitten:

Hello to all here.  I'm still in a wave but it's getting less intense.  I'm not quite to 23 months yet but it's coming on May 1.  I'm doing ok really.  I've been staying home more lately and trying to reset after recent travel. I'm meditating, eating a clean diet, trying to get outside a lot for fresh air, etc.  There is stress of course like everyone has but I'm getting better at handling it and keeping things in perspective.  Changes have occurred over the last 23 months!  I'm still dealing with a lot of symptoms but the fact that they are changing seems like a good sign.  I recommend Baylissa's 1 hour video shown by Benzo Warriors Community to everyone. It's very encouraging and her voice is soothing. Garden Guru suggested it to me. 

Best wishes to all of you. 

Onward,

Helen

Happy Happy 34th Month, Dear LadyDen :smitten::clap: :clap:

I am so happy that you now find yourself gaining strength each and every day as you approach your full recovery.  And, how wonderful that you have found someone special that is walking by your side with love, encouragement, and compassion.

Sending lots of love snd hugs,

GG

LadyDen,

Congratulations on month  34. What an accomplishment!! Glad to hear you're doing as well as you are and I'm sure soon you'll be riding in the car, and writing your success story too.

Helen,

Sorry to hear you're in a wave but glad to hear that it's lightening up for you. Hopefully that's going to pass soon and you'll have the best window ever

I'm still struggling so very much and hoping to turn a corner I'm getting close to that 35 month mark on the 25th.

Hugs!  LiveLife

Lady Den!!! Happy 34 months! It's so wonderful to hear of your healing progress. I'm fully comfortable you are on your way and once you get that car riding down pat, the world is your oyster. You're going to get that day at the beach you've wanted. It's coming!  You've been so patient and so smart about your recovery.  It's paying off!  :thumbsup::smitten:

Hello to all here.  I'm still in a wave but it's getting less intense.  I'm not quite to 23 months yet but it's coming on May 1.  I'm doing ok really.  I've been staying home more lately and trying to reset after recent travel. I'm meditating, eating a clean diet, trying to get outside a lot for fresh air, etc.  There is stress of course like everyone has but I'm getting better at handling it and keeping things in perspective.  Changes have occurred over the last 23 months!  I'm still dealing with a lot of symptoms but the fact that they are changing seems like a good sign.  I recommend Baylissa's 1 hour video shown by Benzo Warriors Community to everyone. It's very encouraging and her voice is soothing. Garden Guru suggested it to me. 

Best wishes to all of you. 

Onward,

Helen

Thank you sweetheart! Yes I’m really enjoying my life a lot better nowadays. Time certainly takes care of this. I’m glad you’re staying focused and not letting revved up waves keep you down. You know they’re part of this crap show.  :thumbsup: Way to go, Warrior Woman! I’m so proud of you!

I’ve seen that video. Yes it’s great 👍🏼

Enjoy the Spring. I’m cheering you on and I’m here if you need me anytime.

Happy Happy 34th Month, Dear LadyDen :smitten::clap: :clap:

I am so happy that you now find yourself gaining strength each and every day as you approach your full recovery.  And, how wonderful that you have found someone special that is walking by your side with love, encouragement, and compassion.

Sending lots of love snd hugs,

GG

Very sweet GG! As always you’re a gem! Yes I’m very happy. When you’re in the thick of this mess, it’s common to feel you’ll be like that forever but it’s not true. Time proves that. That is how it goes as you well know. I’m glad to see you posting again. I’ve missed you! I pray you’re doing well and think of you all the time. Sending many hugs and my love your way.

❤️🤗❤️🤗❤️🤗

Hi everyone really struggling here at I8 months . My physical stuff is awful dpdr and weird head stiff is this Normal I feel tye worst I ever have. I feel like im doing some something wrong. Feel like im hanging on by a thread and nith7ng is rea. My sx don't budge. Thank you for any help I appreciate it.

LadyDen,

Congratulations on month  34. What an accomplishment!! Glad to hear you're doing as well as you are and I'm sure soon you'll be riding in the car, and writing your success story too.

Helen,

Sorry to hear you're in a wave but glad to hear that it's lightening up for you. Hopefully that's going to pass soon and you'll have the best window ever

I'm still struggling so very much and hoping to turn a corner I'm getting close to that 35 month mark on the 25th.

Hugs!  LiveLife

Thank you Live dear! So very nice of you and o be so kind when you are struggling. I’m giving you an early Happy 35 months! 👏🎉😊🥳 I’m counting on that any day now you’ll turn that corner. It’s got to be very close now!! I feel it! I got my Pom Poms ready to cheer with you!

Sending you big hugs and love ❤️

Hi everyone really struggling here at I8 months . My physical stuff is awful dpdr and weird head stiff is this Normal I feel tye worst I ever have. I feel like im doing some something wrong. Feel like im hanging on by a thread and nith7ng is rea. My sx don't budge. Thank you for any help I appreciate it.

Hello Deh! I’m so sorry to hear you’re struggling so much. But at 18 months, it sounds like to me the normal symptoms kick butt has hit you. It happened to me around that timeframe. They call them milestone waves. They suck! But….they will come to an end. You keep your head up, keep distracting and remind yourself that you are healing. It’s not supposed to feel good..but we all wish it wouldn’t be such hell. All I did during that time was stay distracted with things that required my hands…all day until bedtime. It’s a good time to start building something, jigsaw puzzle, deep cleaning closets, etc.

I hope you feel better soon. Big hugs 🤗

Thank you so much ladyden. I'm so scared I can barely do a thing but hold up my head and I have no focus imtried to walk and scared the crap out of myself im stuck in this weird posotion. Mostly all I can do is frantically play games. I'll endure and hopefully tomorrow is better. Congrats on your 34 months!!!! ❤🤗

Dehytq2,

I'm so sorry for your current suffering.  I understand!  I think our brains need a lot of time to get everything sorted out.  Next week I will have 23 months and the last month has been pretty brutal for me.  I get the tight muscles and pins and needles that you mentioned and the difficulty standing/walking plus other symptoms.  Watching Baylissa's 1 hour video helped me to realize it is part of the process and we should come out of it eventually....That's tough to swallow at this point but know that you are not alone and there area many of us on this path with you.  I hope you get some relief very soon.

Peace to you,

Helen