Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Thanks ladyden, 

I really hope so.  Im really struggling with zlot of scary phydicsl stuff.  The drdp and my hesd. Will this ever get z bit more manageable.  I'm so scared.

Yes it will. Let the days stack up…time does the job  :thumbsup:

Just to give hope to everyone, my new found improvements have remained! It’s very exciting.

I had a massively busy day on Wednesday and thought I had overdone it which usually means a bad wave but no. I was very tired but that’s all…….naturally tired, sleepy tired……….normal tired I think but it’s so long since I have felt it I’m not sure. Anyway I had no panic, no meltdown and no insomnia. I’ll take that!

I’m exactly 15 months off today and I realise that feeling this good is pretty miraculous after 40 years of haphazard using.

I still eat my GABA rice everyday but no other supplements.

Everyone said things could change quickly and I didn’t believe it but it’s true.

Your time is coming…….any day now!

Every good wish.

Hardy x

Wow Hardy  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::tickedoff::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yay I’m so happy for you! I’m the same too…I got better and stayed that way so far. I have maybe one rougher wave every week or two that usually last a day or two then I go back to doing well. This is truly a matter of time…time is what makes the healing happen. When we were miserable, it’s hard to believe it but regardless of believing or not, it will get better. Like a switch flipped…randomly…boom better! It is so lovely, isn’t it? I’m not bragging or trying to make anyone feel bad…I’m just grateful and happy in sharing the news to give my friends hope! I also thought I over did things and didn’t get slammed too bad  :thumbsup:

Sending you love hugs and continued progress my dear!

❤️😊👏

I was able to have coffee this morning. Omg!

Yayaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyeaaaaaaaaa  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is epic my friend! Way to go!

Now don’t go crazy too fast…sip with caution.

I’m getting excited that I’ll be turning 3 years June 20th! Wow it’s been a heck of a journey. But so worth it! On my anniversary I want to get in the car, drive to the store or a park to celebrate. Not far…they’re both right down the road. We will see if I can do it!

Sending all of you my best regards! Own the day!  :thumbsup:

I’m getting excited that I’ll be turning 3 years June 20th! Wow it’s been a heck of a journey. But so worth it! On my anniversary I want to get in the car, drive to the store or a park to celebrate. Not far…they’re both right down the road. We will see if I can do it!

It has been a long journey hasn’t it LadyDen.  I am so proud of you for making it this far.  I am certain that you can do it!  It is time to celebrate!!

. . . And yes taking the coffee thing really slow.  While I was able to drink it, it spiked my symptoms a little.  So I will be holding off maybe another 3-4 months before I try again.  Sigh.  This is such a slow process but we are recovering!

Hi all,

First of all, Hardy, I'm thrilled for you and hope you will keep enjoying and doing all the smart things that you got you there in the first place. You are such a consistently kind and helpful encourager of others.  I am very happy for you and know you'll pace yourself as you go forward. 

Lady Den, you are also just a shining star and no one would ever accuse you of "bragging".  We need to hear the positives and the successes and you, being the lead cheerleader of all, should share your joys.  You're going to do that drive.  It's coming dear one! 

J Ben, I'm still so sorry about your back but also happy to hear you feel some progress in the calming of your CNS.  Coffee will come. We are all so different. I absolutely could not handle caffeine while tapering but a few months after jumping, I could drink black tea so I've stuck with that I had a little coffee when I was in Puerto Rico but very little. I did ok.  There are so many other things I can't handle but that seems to be ok.  I'm never hyper anymore...just fatigued.  I hope you can enjoy a nice cup next time you try and not feel repercussions.  Big hugs to you!

Jordan Jack, Garden Guru, Fire, Jb, Decatur, Live Life, Leann, Becks, Dehytq2, I'm sending greetings and hope for better days for all of you. 

As for me, tomorrow is my 2 year mark.  I've been dealing with some monster waviness since the end of March but the last couple of days have been more than decent so that's encouraging.  I'll keep tip toeing forward as best I can.  Hearing the improvements of others keeps me going.

Gratefully yours,

Helen

Thank you LadyDen for you kind words. We go into the future with a new found appreciation of all things normal, typical or even boring!

I am not without symptoms, still have many but they are not stopping me doing stuff which is all I ask reall. Anything else is a bonus.

Stay strong everyone, the time for healing is sooner than you think.

Hardy x

I just wanna break down man. The pain is so bad every single day. No improvement whatsoever. How much longer do we need to keep pushing this boulder up the mountain? I'm tired.

Hi all.  I am living proof that it is going to get better for all of us.  I was severely set back 17 months ago and jumped ativan 30 months ago.  My symptoms were extreme for so, so long.  I am starting to feel a LOT better.  I didnt think it would happen for me but IT IS getting better!  I can see rapid healing now.  It will happen for you too!

I am doing a hap hap happy dance for you!  You have fought a long and hard battle, while at the same time giving boatloads of support to your fellow buddies!  I am thrilled for you🥳🤩😜

Good morning dear buddies:

I have not posted for quite a while, but wanted to check in.    I have read many of your posts over the last couple of months, and it sounds like there is some good healing going on.    LadyDen, I am so happy that you are making progress. 

I am 38 months out and have been in a wave for the last 2 1/2 months.  Not sure why my waves last so long, but that seems to be my pattern....long wave and then a window of about 8-10 weeks. 

I am pretty discouraged right now though, and am wondering if I will ever heal.  Am currently experiencing lots of stress in my life and I know that is not helping matters.  It seems like quite a few people that were in my same time frame have healed and moved on.......Shayna, Trina75, Deanna, etc.  I start to panic thinking that I am getting left behind and maybe this is something else. 

Does anyone else experience long waves that go on for several months?  Would love your thoughts/encouragement.

Thinking of all of you......LadyDen, Helen, GG, Pashu, JBen, Hardy, dehytq, LiveLife, JordanJack,

To all my buddies who are improving good for you! Great to hear. Lisa I'm so sorry to hear of your wave and struggling again.  I am sure you are healing and could be healed very soon you're probably so close. Pashu  I hope you feel better soon.  And any of my other buddies that are struggling I sure hope you turn a corner. I really haven't had too many windows just little blips it's been a while a week ago Saturday I had an evening that was better. It's very hard for me to look at my phone because may 1st I started with terrible Vertigo and have been really struggling with that and all my other symptoms. I even had a migraine last Friday. Sure hoping this is the surge before it gets better. I passed the 3 year mark and was hoping to see some better improvements. Trying to stay as positive as I can. Not posting much because of the struggle. Hugs to all!

LiveLife

I have not posted for quite a while, but wanted to check in.    I have read many of your posts over the last couple of months, and it sounds like there is some good healing going on.    LadyDen, I am so happy that you are making progress. 

I am 38 months out and have been in a wave for the last 2 1/2 months.  Not sure why my waves last so long, but that seems to be my pattern....long wave and then a window of about 8-10 weeks. 

I am pretty discouraged right now though, and am wondering if I will ever heal.  Am currently experiencing lots of stress in my life and I know that is not helping matters.  It seems like quite a few people that were in my same time frame have healed and moved on.......Shayna, Trina75, Deanna, etc.  I start to panic thinking that I am getting left behind and maybe this is something else. 

Does anyone else experience long waves that go on for several months?  Would love your thoughts/encouragement.

Thinking of all of you......LadyDen, Helen, GG, Pashu, JBen, Hardy, dehytq, LiveLife, JordanJack,

It’s not just you. 3 years since stopped AD’s still not healed. Last 2 months had series of gastric problems, got some meds from GP finally seems improve. But now got insomnia as well. Think any sort stress makes things worse. Starting therapy next week, as mine is partly years of family emotional stress. Has anything else traumatic happened in recent years to you. Or changed or increased any medication that can make a big difference. Sometimes it’s not all withdrawal if take while to heal so don’t despair. 3 plus years doesn’t seem uncommon timeframe for healing, so don’t worry too much. Just wish never took AD’s would been recovered by now. You aren’t being ,left behind, I have yet to get proper window.  Live is still struggling. This is just very non linear processx

Hi Lisa and my other buddies!  I am with Lisa in the frustration of having waves this far out!  I will be at 39 months or June 28th, and still having some headaches.  The up and down of them is disheartening as I have had some great windows from them. 

Lisa and I both were ready to write our success stories last May, so good reason to express some doubt in healing.  Not losing hope, though!!!!!!

Hardy, wahoo for you!  And, LadyDen, you have shown us how to weather the bad times with infinite grace and positivity.  I am sure your new friend is feeling blessed to have you!

Helen, my wrist is locked so tight with yours and we will continue holding each other up til the cows come home….or til Bill Bailey comes home.

LiveLife, I am not going anywhere without you!  You have the strength to get through your recovery, and you will not be left behind with so many supporting you!

For those buddies still having the awful head pressure, it does get better!  I have had weeks with no head symptoms, so I know the brain can heal.  Mine seem to act up when I stress either physically or mentally.  Keep the faith!

JBen, you are in a special class of never give up or give in warriors.  I have also had several setbacks from steroids and antibiotics, and, in fact, my recent uptick in headaches may be the result of having taken an antibiotic in April for ten days! 

So here we all are…..good news and some not so good news.  But, we are still here supporting each other, knowing full well that our place in the sun is coming!!!

Hugs,

GG

Live and Leeann:

Thanks for your kind replies.    Just knowing I am not alone is so comforting.    I know you both have struggled mightily.  We just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

While I am in an awful wave, I do feel as if there is major healing happening.  There are moments here and there during the day that I feel like my old self.  It is really sort of weird.  Like I am coming out of a dense fog.

Thanks again for responding!!

Lisa

Sure if you are under stress  that’s reason you are having problems. This bout gastro enteritis given me really bad insomnia, haven’t slept in about last week feel have completely lost the plot. Got no energy to do anything just flop. Something haven’t had in long time. Glad you have at least had some “ normal” days😄

LadyDen,

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I sure hope that the increase and uptick in terrible symptoms is a positive sign. I have to hold on to that thought.  Happy to hear of all your progress!

GG,

You are so sweet! Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me.

Lisa

That's great that you're getting those moments throughout the day where you feel like your old self. Who knows this all could just blow out and you'll be completely healed.

Hugs to all! LiveLife

It has been a long journey hasn’t it LadyDen.  I am so proud of you for making it this far.  I am certain that you can do it!  It is time to celebrate!!

. . . And yes taking the coffee thing really slow.  While I was able to drink it, it spiked my symptoms a little.  So I will be holding off maybe another 3-4 months before I try again.  Sigh.  This is such a slow process but we are recovering!

Thank you so much my friend! You’re just awesome! Great idea on the coffee. I drink decaf with no problem. Yes this is so slow to heal but it is what it is. All we can do is wait it out and tread carefully as you are doing. I’m noticing I’m getting sensitivity waves when I try to do something new or put something back in my diet and even use new products. Those waves are a little rougher but don’t last long. It’s like it is saying…we are not ready for that yet  :laugh:

Girl you better go chill out with trying it!  :laugh:

So I take note of it and just like you….I wait a month and test it again.

Hey JBen I’m so proud of you! You’ve come a mighty long way! Well done! And thank you for being such a great friend to me. Big hugs and my love always!

:smitten:

Hi all,

First of all, Hardy, I'm thrilled for you and hope you will keep enjoying and doing all the smart things that you got you there in the first place. You are such a consistently kind and helpful encourager of others.  I am very happy for you and know you'll pace yourself as you go forward. 

Lady Den, you are also just a shining star and no one would ever accuse you of "bragging".  We need to hear the positives and the successes and you, being the lead cheerleader of all, should share your joys.  You're going to do that drive.  It's coming dear one! 

J Ben, I'm still so sorry about your back but also happy to hear you feel some progress in the calming of your CNS.  Coffee will come. We are all so different. I absolutely could not handle caffeine while tapering but a few months after jumping, I could drink black tea so I've stuck with that I had a little coffee when I was in Puerto Rico but very little. I did ok.  There are so many other things I can't handle but that seems to be ok.  I'm never hyper anymore...just fatigued.  I hope you can enjoy a nice cup next time you try and not feel repercussions.  Big hugs to you!

Jordan Jack, Garden Guru, Fire, Jb, Decatur, Live Life, Leann, Becks, Dehytq2, I'm sending greetings and hope for better days for all of you. 

As for me, tomorrow is my 2 year mark.  I've been dealing with some monster waviness since the end of March but the last couple of days have been more than decent so that's encouraging.  I'll keep tip toeing forward as best I can.  Hearing the improvements of others keeps me going.

Gratefully yours,

Helen

Awww Helen! I just want to hug you so tight! You’re such a dear sweetheart! Thank you for your support. I wish you all the fast healing you can stand! How is the 2 year milestone going? I pray you are in less wavy waters my dear. ❤️

Happy 2 year anniversary to you!

No ma’am you will NOT be left behind! You are still healing. In YOUR own individual way. It sucks but it’s healing all the same. Don’t let that Benzo Bully chit head tell you that! I’ve read of people on here that had their last hoorah then bam…healed! Sounds like you’re doing fine tuning. I’m in the same boat. Even getting new little things pop in and out. Weird crazy symptoms like one itchy finger…random out the blue one spot itchy for no reason! About an hour then poof gone! A day or so later, a different spot on my body…itchy for no reason then poof gone! Or one toe numb like I’m sitting on it and blue in color….weird!!! About an hour then poof gone. Once a week….rougher wave for a half a day….no reason, random…then poof gone!

Everyone has their own “ end of this”  is all I’m saying. Hang in there dearest!

❤️👍🏼

To all my buddies who are improving good for you! Great to hear. Lisa I'm so sorry to hear of your wave and struggling again.  I am sure you are healing and could be healed very soon you're probably so close. Pashu  I hope you feel better soon.  And any of my other buddies that are struggling I sure hope you turn a corner. I really haven't had too many windows just little blips it's been a while a week ago Saturday I had an evening that was better. It's very hard for me to look at my phone because may 1st I started with terrible Vertigo and have been really struggling with that and all my other symptoms. I even had a migraine last Friday. Sure hoping this is the surge before it gets better. I passed the 3 year mark and was hoping to see some better improvements. Trying to stay as positive as I can. Not posting much because of the struggle. Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Live I think of you often and believe me I know about boatiness and vertigo! I’m finally getting better after dealing with that this whole time. It’s WONDERFUL to see it fizzle out. My wise doctor told me…don’t worry about it because if it came on then it will go off. :thumbsup:

Good to hear from you sweetheart. You keep on going forward. I’m approaching my 3 year on the 20th. I’m not completely healed either but I’m well on my way now. And you will heal too! Don’t let go of that fact

Love and hugs 🤗

I just wanna break down man. The pain is so bad every single day. No improvement whatsoever. How much longer do we need to keep pushing this boulder up the mountain? I'm tired.

Sometimes all you can give is a hug so….

:hug::mybuddy::hug::mybuddy:

Hang in there ! I know you’re tired. We all are. You can do this, Pashu!