Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

LadyDen,

What good news on your progress. It's amazing! So happy to hear how well you're doing. And thank you so much for the encouragement. I love your positivity!

Helen,

Thank you so much for the empathy! It's greatly appreciated.  I still keep hoping that I'm going to be turning a corner soon. And I'm so sorry to hear that you're in a wave I know you've had some really great windows so, hopefully there's one just around the corner for you.  This could be your last big wave, because you're almost 2 years and then you'll have your final healing. I've heard that it's very possible.

Big hugs! LiveLife

Good morning Yearlings! It’s a bit quiet here. I pray everyone is doing at least ok. My thoughts are with you all. I hope you have a great weekend.

🌹🌹🌹Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms 🌹🌹🌹

Hi everyone, 

Really struggling,  these physical,sensations are so scary will I be ok. Is this normal.  I csn barely do anything

Hello everyone. I haven’t posted in this thread at all or on the forum much as I’ve been far too ill. I’m 13½ months of benzos and living in hell. I was lucky enough to be mostly healed after 5 weeks off last year. Then the symptoms started coming back after a few months and have continued to increase. I haven’t driven since October and haven’t been able to leave my home for over 4 months. I’m barely alive. Akathisia, severe  breathing problems, DPDR, nerve pain everywhere, muscle pressure and rigidity…you name, I have it. I need hope. I’m desperate to chat with someone who’s on the upswing and can cheer me on. I’d be grateful for any contact. Thanks

Hi everyone

I have not been so active for a while. Unfortunately, it's not because I feel better. I am a bit over 22 months off, and still suffering so much. I have a constant giant acid burning headache, terrible ear pain, tinnitus and now also hearing loss on that ear. My brain is shaking, boiling, burning, electric. Excruciating neck pain and deep muscle pain and stiff muscles all over. Can it really still be wd? I have no windows and no relief.

Hugs, Jørgen

Hi everyone

I have not been so active for a while. Unfortunately, it's not because I feel better. I am a bit over 22 months off, and still suffering so much. I have a constant giant acid burning headache, terrible ear pain, tinnitus and now also hearing loss on that ear. My brain is shaking, boiling, burning, electric. Excruciating neck pain and deep muscle pain and stiff muscles all over. Can it really still be wd? I have no windows and no relief.

Hugs, Jørgen

Yes unfortunately it can still be withdrawal. It can take much longer than we’d hope. I’m utterly miserable as well. I hope we both see progress soon

Hi Wanna and Jb42. It’s sad to hear of both of you in this struggle. That’s exactly what it is a real struggle BUT it’s not one that won’t get better. It will in time! As jb pointed out….it’s a long time for most. Your brains are doing a very hefty job trying to maintain its functioning of the body, do repairs, handle bodily stree as well as outside stress and combat the adjustments of coming off your medications. All at once! By it being in an injured state, ou can see how much of a hardship that is to do 24/7. I said all that to say….even in doing all that, you are still alive!  :thumbsup: There’s no way around feeling the symptoms. Everyone must go through to get through. Time will make it easier and easier until it is healed.

Wanna, you wanted to hear from someone who’s doing better….here I am at nearly 35 months, doing pretty well most days. How? TIME! God! Believing in your healing! Healthy clean diet! Walking when you can. Staying distracted daily. Resting a lot! Staying clear of stressors that you don’t have to deal with. Keeping busy doing something enjoyable. Support and love including much self love each day. Those pills did us great injury so it’s not surprising that it will take time. Somebody on here said it’s like layers of an onion…you heal layer by layer. I find that to be true. Hang in there. You’re doing the best you can. And that’s good enough.

Jb, good to hear from you after so long. I was hoping you had good news. But, 22 months is right near the turning point for most. So keep the hope. I made good progress once I turned 2 years. I’m cheering you on to do the same. Keep your life and diet clean, my friend. It’s coming real soon! Believe it!

Sending hugs and love to everyone else. I pray you’re happy, well and enjoying your new lives. If you’re struggling, I pray you will come into a nice window soon. Remember this is a war your brain is in…a fight back to your normal brain functioning. You are a warrior!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello everyone.

At 15 months off I’ve just had the most glorious few days of being able to engage fully in life!

Not symptom free at all but recovered enough to be outside and talk to people, to drive and shop.

I hope this gives hope. I am feeling JOY and that’s been missing for years?

Healing hugs Hardy x

Hello everyone.

At 15 months off I’ve just had the most glorious few days of being able to engage fully in life!

Not symptom free at all but recovered enough to be outside and talk to people, to drive and shop.

Healing hugs Hardy x

I’m starting to lose hope. My symptoms are increasing in intensity every few days. I had a long window last summer where I was functional. I haven’t been now since the fall. I need hope

First of all,

Lady Den and Hardy, I am so happy for both of you and really appreciate you both sharing your good news.  You're two awesome people who deserve happiness and good health.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Jb, Wanna, Livelife, JordanJack, Fire, Decatur, J Ben and others who are struggling, I'm with you! I've had some good spurts of a few days at a time but the last couple of months have been pretty brutal.  I'm mostly back on the couch but trying to move around and stretch and walk every hour or so when I get up to do chores.  it's tough. It's a lot of burning, aching, tinnitus, tummy pain, crawling scalp etc but I know it's part of the process.  On June 1, I will be off all meds for 2 years.  Jb, we are very close in time frame.  Baylissa told me not to focus on the 2 year mark and make it such a big deal. It's just a good marker that we've put in more time that we won't have to spend doing again.  We're getting time under our belts.  I'm continuing to have a very clean diet, trying to maintain a daily schedule and keep my mind busy with other things. I study Spanish, read books and do my work from home part time job....and of course I watch television.  I also enjoy watching wild life out the window or seeing it when I walk around my neighborhood on the days I am able.  Lately, I've seen a fox, a raccoon, 2 snakes (eeeek!), chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits, tons of birds, dogs, cats and loads of deer.  Beautiful butterflies abound at this time of year too.  But all this to say, I'm not super happy about how I've been feeling and I know for sure others of you are in the same boat so let's do what Lady Den says and keep our wrists locked and keep going as best we can and find things to occupy us in the meantime.  I'm thinking of you all and right there with you.

Onward,

Helen

I was really ill last week, had severe gastro enteritis, spent 5 hours in A& E  was in so much pain. But amazingly the mental symptoms disappeared really thought I’d turned a corner. After nearly week still not eating lot , but have improved, but sadly mental symptoms back to how they were.Last few months had flu, food poisoning, now gastro enteritis, so sympathise with those of you with bad physical symptoms. Think distraction is key to this, was so focused on the pain forget the other stuff.. Been nearly 3 years off last meds , no holidays, no days out, but did give me bit hope maybe 1 day my poor brain will recover. Pleased some of you are improving at least😄

Still not great, mental symptoms worse than ever. Sitting here crying. Could easily just stayed in bed but made myself get up and dressed. Glad you are having good days, when this goes on for so long start thinking are you permanently damaged, had full blood check in hospital all normal, so obviously still withdrawal, am having zoom call fir chat with therapist on Monday. who has dealt with drug addiction , might have few sessions, just really thought had turned a corner. Don’t post much anymore as nothing really changes.. But really pleased for those seeing improvement. Big hug to live hope you soon improve.😩

Hi Wanna and Jb42. It’s sad to hear of both of you in this struggle. That’s exactly what it is a real struggle BUT it’s not one that won’t get better. It will in time! As jb pointed out….it’s a long time for most. Your brains are doing a very hefty job trying to maintain its functioning of the body, do repairs, handle bodily stree as well as outside stress and combat the adjustments of coming off your medications. All at once! By it being in an injured state, ou can see how much of a hardship that is to do 24/7. I said all that to say….even in doing all that, you are still alive!  :thumbsup: There’s no way around feeling the symptoms. Everyone must go through to get through. Time will make it easier and easier until it is healed.

Wanna, you wanted to hear from someone who’s doing better….here I am at nearly 35 months, doing pretty well most days. How? TIME! God! Believing in your healing! Healthy clean diet! Walking when you can. Staying distracted daily. Resting a lot! Staying clear of stressors that you don’t have to deal with. Keeping busy doing something enjoyable. Support and love including much self love each day. Those pills did us great injury so it’s not surprising that it will take time. Somebody on here said it’s like layers of an onion…you heal layer by layer. I find that to be true. Hang in there. You’re doing the best you can. And that’s good enough.

Jb, good to hear from you after so long. I was hoping you had good news. But, 22 months is right near the turning point for most. So keep the hope. I made good progress once I turned 2 years. I’m cheering you on to do the same. Keep your life and diet clean, my friend. It’s coming real soon! Believe it!

Sending hugs and love to everyone else. I pray you’re happy, well and enjoying your new lives. If you’re struggling, I pray you will come into a nice window soon. Remember this is a war your brain is in…a fight back to your normal brain functioning. You are a warrior!

Thanks, I’m doing good to breathe and eat at this point. I have akathisia, and every other symptom you can possibly imagine. There is no enjoying anything at this point. I’m simply trying to get through every minute of the day. The thing is that last summer I had a window that lasted for months and I was about 80% of my normal self. My symptoms started camping up at the end of the summer, but they were still tolerable. It wasn’t until October that I had to stop driving And a few weeks later, I stopped doing absolutely everything. I’m barely able to breathe and eat at this point, I don’t even cook for myself I have to order out. So I’m eating as clean as I possibly can. However, it’s hard to do that when you’re having food delivered every day. Oh, and forget walking. Anything that resembles exercise or gets my heart rate up it’s seriously problematic. 

Hi everyone

Hugs, Jørgen

Yes unfortunately it can still be withdrawal. It can take much longer than we’d hope. I’m utterly miserable as well. I hope we both see progress soon

I hope so too🙏🙏🙏

Thanks LadyDen

I hope you are right that things will get better after the 2 year mark. It's so tough to suffer every second for so long...

Hugs, Jørgen

First of all,

Lady Den and Hardy, I am so happy for both of you and really appreciate you both sharing your good news.  You're two awesome people who deserve happiness and good health.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Jb, Wanna, Livelife, JordanJack, Fire, Decatur, J Ben and others who are struggling, I'm with you! I've had some good spurts of a few days at a time but the last couple of months have been pretty brutal.  I'm mostly back on the couch but trying to move around and stretch and walk every hour or so when I get up to do chores.  it's tough. It's a lot of burning, aching, tinnitus, tummy pain, crawling scalp etc but I know it's part of the process.  On June 1, I will be off all meds for 2 years.  Jb, we are very close in time frame.  Baylissa told me not to focus on the 2 year mark and make it such a big deal. It's just a good marker that we've put in more time that we won't have to spend doing again.  We're getting time under our belts.  I'm continuing to have a very clean diet, trying to maintain a daily schedule and keep my mind busy with other things. I study Spanish, read books and do my work from home part time job....and of course I watch television.  I also enjoy watching wild life out the window or seeing it when I walk around my neighborhood on the days I am able.  Lately, I've seen a fox, a raccoon, 2 snakes (eeeek!), chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits, tons of birds, dogs, cats and loads of deer.  Beautiful butterflies abound at this time of year too.  But all this to say, I'm not super happy about how I've been feeling and I know for sure others of you are in the same boat so let's do what Lady Den says and keep our wrists locked and keep going as best we can and find things to occupy us in the meantime.  I'm thinking of you all and right there with you.

Onward,

Helen

Thanks Helen🙏

Yeah - we are close. My two year mark is July 1st...

I really try to shift focus and to keep busy as much as I can, but it's tough that most of the time, it's just survival mode.

Hugs, Jørgen

First of all,

Onward,

Helen

I would be doing good to do any of the things that you are doing. I couldn’t possibly do any kind of work, study, foreign language, read, or watch television. I struggle to get through every minute.

First of all,

Onward,

Helen

Thanks Helen🙏

Yeah - we are close. My two year mark is July 1st...

I really try to shift focus and to keep busy as much as I can, but it's tough that most of the time, it's just survival mode.

Hugs, Jørgen

It could well be the sertraline caused the problems. I was put on it in withdrawal and the withdrawal symptoms were horrendous, much worse than zopiclone. CT is never a good idea, I wasn’t given a choice with zopiclone. Hope you soon improve, can be a long road for sure.If you can manage to distract def helps. I’m not good at moment, but weather nice here, just sat in garden all afternoon listening to birds. Getting outside does help.

First of all,

Onward,

Helen

I would be doing good to do any of the things that you are doing. I couldn’t possibly do any kind of work, study, foreign language, read, or watch television. I struggle to get through every minute.

Hi Wanna,

I'm so sorry things are so rough. I was that way before but my ability to focus and think has recovered a good bit and I'm very grateful. I bet yours comes back too. I know that's rough.  My issues are physical and they are non stop and grueling currently.  Hoping we all feel better soon.

Helen

First of all,

Onward,

Helen

Hi Wanna,

I'm so sorry things are so rough. I was that way before but my ability to focus and think has recovered a good bit and I'm very grateful. I bet yours comes back too. I know that's rough.  My issues are physical and they are non stop and grueling currently.  Hoping we all feel better soon.

Helen

Hi Helen, yes, I have all the physical symptoms as well. Akathisia, electricity it’s racing through my body at different speeds in different intensities, depending on the time of the day, that causes me, major, breathing problems, pins, and needles and nerve pain all over my scalp face, mouth, torso, and legs. I could go on, if there’s a symptom, I probably have it. I’m doing good to breathe and eat at this point.

Hello everyone.

Healing hugs Hardy x

How awesome!!! I hope you continue to do great! I’m so happy for you! Isn’t it wonderful to feel like normal again?

Big hugs to you! 👍🏼❤️

Helen onward we go! I’m sad to hear that you’re back to not doing well. But just know that you will be back to better days soon. My days are not great lately. As of this weekend. So I’m also back to laying around and doing bare minimum chores. I just turned 35 months YAY!!! And yours is coming up soon too. Our brains are fine tuning. So as you said we keep our wrists locked! I’ve been looking out at nature too. But just butterflies, bees and birds. I smell the honeysuckle when I walk. Brings back fond memories of my childhood. Sending you my love.

jb hope you’re doing a little better. And I hope the 2 year be a good turning point for you and Helen. Thank you for being so awesome!

I’m thinking of all of you Yearlings! May today be a good/better day for us all. It’s good that we post our ups and downs so we can see that things can get better. It’s just difficult sometimes when we crash again for a bit. But I try to keep in mind that I was doing great and I will again soon!

🤝 wrists locked ❤️🤗

Hi Everyone,

It’s been a while since I posted.  I’m now in month 17.

This has been grueling the past 5 months. The burning brain, body and legs still continue and is even more ramped up. It feels like a hot torch on my head and body. I’m so exhausted from the pain 24/7.

The past few months a new symptom arrived and I am having severe deep muscle pain in my legs. It feels like someone using a dull knife or cheese grater into my tissues. I wake up with horrible leg and hip pain every night. It feels like a vice just squeezing my muscles. Does anyone else have this? It’s so odd that it’s a new symptom. This pain on top of the burning and electrical surges is almost more than I can bear sometimes. I just keep hoping the next day will be better.

I’m having a lot of chemical anxiety and fear each day. 

I try to swim in the evening, but the water now stings my legs because they are so hypersensitive. Taking a shower feels like needles hitting my skin. My sensory nerves are out of whack.

I spoke to Baylissa and also Angie Peacock recently. They were both kind and encouraging.

Baylissa said some people don’t get windows and that new symptoms can happen any time, even right before we heal. She also surged right before healing. I’ve been surging for 5 months so maybe that means I am close. I wish it were so.

I’m going to a neurologist in June just to make sure there are no issues and perhaps get some direction with all this burning nerve pain in my brain and body that I’ve had for 17 months.

I’m so sorry for those of us still struggling so greatly and for the unrelenting efforts we have to do to walk through this. I’m so glad we have each other. Thank you for encouraging me. I’m glad we have this space.

Helen, I’m so sorry for the awful wave you’ve had and I hope you are feeling much better. You are so strong and courageous and have a beautiful spirit. Thank you for your encouragement.

Jorgen. LiveLife, JBen, Decatur, Fire, and all, I feel  you!!!

LadyD and Hardy, I’m so happy you are doing much better! Thank you for encouraging us.

I’m sending everyone healing hugs and love. ❤️

I feel for you JJ. It can change quickly though.

Please do not lose hope. Hard I know but the hope is very REAL.

Healing hugs Hardy x