Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

clonazepam withdrawal / drug induced movement disorders?

[cl...]

no i quit paxil a long time ago

at one point my doctor had me on paxil lamotrigine and clonazepam at the same time

[looking back now thinking how insane that was of the doctor

you can only imagine what that did to my brain and personality

- that combination makes you totally manic, psychotic, and suicidal

- I started getting weird again on clonazepam after it was working so well for years

- i am now not taking any psychiatric drugs and do not intend to ever again

I know I feel the same ever since starting valium. This is worse than death. You are so strong!

Are you still taking paxil?

Good for you clonxxx!

True crime for what the entire medical world does in terms of these very dangerous drugs!

Never again touch these poisons.

my biggest fear now is not being able to walk, talk and think properly and shaking / tremoring never stopping for the rest of my life

- i can NOT live like that

Good for you clonxxx!

True crime for what the entire medical world does in terms of these very dangerous drugs!

Never again touch these poisons.

no i have family members for now taking care of me

a year ago i was driving, walking, and independent

Can you take care of yourself clonxxx?

It Broke my heart to hear it.

And I'm very angry to hear it.

I lost ability of taking oneself just a few days after starting valium.

:-\

It Broke my heart to hear it.

And I'm very angry to hear it.

I lost ability of taking oneself just a few days after starting valium.

i dont know why my walking is difficult it seems to start in my head with a bobbing shaking violently dyskenisia backwards forwards / side to side and then spasms down my back and my legs get stiff or sometimes move fast and march stomp up and down or not move at all and i fall backwards it is very scary

never had this happen before in my life until stopping cloanazepam after i was getting bad withdrawal symptoms

I have numbness and joint pain and sometimes my head has a dizzy 'magnetic pressure' feeling and pressure in my ears / ringing

i have the exact same symptoms especially that it seems to start in my head with bobbing, pressure, pulling to the left and the feeling like my head has some kind of vibrating machine on it which also makes balance virtually non existent. i also fall forward and backward. i told my mother that i feel like i am a deer skidding on thin ice. it's so disheartening to not be able to have control over your body and especially with the walking -- that is also my biggest fear that my walking will get to a point where i need a wheelchair or a walker -- there are times when i am out doing an errand and i have to bring a cane just in case but even the cane actually gets in the way, i don't know why? i also use to be able to drive for a long time and i also use to be able to walk a pretty long distance. now i can walk to the mailbox and maybe a few feet but that is all.

but today for some reason i am in a little window and i hope it stays for awhile because i haven't had a window for a long time and i get so despondent when it slams shut.

they got me a cane but i dont use it because it does not help when i am all over the place spasming out of control

- this is a horror movie nightmare

- i miss my independance, walking, driving, doing things on my own

i dont know why my walking is difficult it seems to start in my head with a bobbing shaking violently dyskenisia backwards forwards / side to side and then spasms down my back and my legs get stiff or sometimes move fast and march stomp up and down or not move at all and i fall backwards it is very scary

never had this happen before in my life until stopping cloanazepam after i was getting bad withdrawal symptoms

I have numbness and joint pain and sometimes my head has a dizzy 'magnetic pressure' feeling and pressure in my ears / ringing

i have the exact same symptoms especially that it seems to start in my head with bobbing, pressure, pulling to the left and the feeling like my head has some kind of vibrating machine on it which also makes balance virtually non existent. i also fall forward and backward. i told my mother that i feel like i am a deer skidding on thin ice. it's so disheartening to not be able to have control over your body and especially with the walking -- that is also my biggest fear that my walking will get to a point where i need a wheelchair or a walker -- there are times when i am out doing an errand and i have to bring a cane just in case but even the cane actually gets in the way, i don't know why? i also use to be able to drive for a long time and i also use to be able to walk a pretty long distance. now i can walk to the mailbox and maybe a few feet but that is all.

but today for some reason i am in a little window and i hope it stays for awhile because i haven't had a window for a long time and i get so despondent when it slams shut.

Dizziness and disequilibrium are pretty brutal for walking. I've been using a walker for ages and still broke a bone in my foot. Yep, these meds are nasty.

Brought all my tears and fear hearing everyone's heartbreaking terror!

I pray for all of us.

Anyone evere recovered from this most horrible sx?

I started having these sxs only few days after taking valium poison. Total crime!

nope. does botox help psychiatric medication or anxiety induced movement disorders?

Who on here has tried Botox?

Yes, it helps movement disorders by relaxing muscles.

I would have to take a bath in it, lol.

It seems to be working (although it could just be time)

Where on your body and when did you get it?

nope. does botox help psychiatric medication or anxiety induced movement disorders?

Yes, it helps movement disorders by relaxing muscles.

Head - month ago

where does someone get botox?

Head - month ago

where does someone get botox?

Head - month ago

Speak with your Neuro, most insurances will cover it.

I never had it while on drug, only withdrawal. So my hope is it will all go away with time!

Do you mean if it happens on the drug, it’s different from withdrawal and you will have a different outcome?

I never had it while on drug, only withdrawal. So my hope is it will all go away with time!

Do you mean if it happens on the drug, it’s different from withdrawal and you will have a different outcome?

It’s possible outcome could be different if it happened while on a different drug, can sometimes be permanent. If t happened while on benzo it could have been tolerance withdrawal and should get better the same.

again was taken by a family member today to attend another psychologist therapy session designed to help with 'neurological functional movement disorder'

after not sleeping again last night and brain pressure / head / neck / back shaking tremoring spasms trouble walking knees buckling / trouble talking / thinking in the session

- i started talking about effects psych drugs might have had on leading to my condition

- he basically said that my mind was closed and has to be open and buy into the idea that anxiety, emotions and feelings effect the physical body and cause my movement disorder and that if there is an internal debate going on in my mind about medical causes he can not help me

- started getting into talking about past negative life experiences, emotions, feelings, thoughts and how they conciously / unconciously created anxiety / depression

- again asked me if he can record video session and i refused saying he is not pressuring me but leaving decision up to me

- psychologist left appointment open for next week and that it is up to me if I would like to discontinue sessions

- it is so coincidental that all my life i have had feelings of anxiety / depression but i never had any tremors / shaking or trouble walking until coming off clonazepam??

- confused and desperate what to do...NOT getting anywhere with these psychological sessions to make the 'movement disorder' go away but if i do nothing will sit home indefinitely not getting better unless a miracle happens

- psych medication retake is NOT an option

was on clonazepam for 9-10 years at first it was working okay then it changed in early January 2018 and started getting weird side effects: increased anxiety, head twitching, chest pains, and panic attacks

saw doctor and expressed that meds are not making me feel calm or good anymore and i want to get off meds

did a taper and stopped taking clonazepam rather fast after developing movement disorder / chronic head shaking / tremors in legs / trouble walking, etc for the last nine months in addition to insomnia and alot of other symptoms [anxiety, balance, blurry vision, confusion, depression, dizzyness, suididal thoughts, tinnitus]

- anyone else have this kind of experience??

saw neurologist that diagnosed with a "functional neurological movement disorder"

and referred me to a psychologist for 'psycho therapy' claiming the movement disorder is "caused by anxiety and depression" and is talking about how emotions and feelings cause movement disorder completely ignoring the fact that i was on meds for 9-10 years and could be going through withdrawal or nervous system damage possibly low dopamine, gaba, serotonin brain chemical neurotransmitter / receptor imbalances

this "how do you feel" 'psycho-talk therapy' is not making the constant movement disorder or other symptoms go away.

- anyone else have this kind of experience??

Emotions and feelings do not cause neurological problems, that psychologist is full of horse shit. This is neurological damage from the drugs you were taking. I have neurological complications too from these drugs, muscle contraction, cognitive damage. There are no tests and no professional knows what has happened. These are experimental drugs and what we suffer nobody can understand.