clonazepam withdrawal / drug induced movement disorders?

[cl...]

May / June were another bad/good months

stopped seeing psychologist still waiting for July 2 appt. to see naturopathic Dr.

- still getting head shaking / neck spasms / trouble walking / foot stomping movement disorder but not as frequent

- magnesium and fish oil supplements seem to be helping??

- also sleeping more than used to

- anyone else with movement disorder problems coming off clonazepam

did it go away? how long?

Clonaz -- hoping you get some relief /windows + sleep soon, dear buddie.

how about legs ?  lately you've said mainly head ?

followed your new thread Re ND.

hopeful for good ND advice + knowledge on your supps + that they are right combo for You + 'balanced' -- ie, B complex, etc -- for Your Sxs.

i also stopped all supps when hit tolerance... will try to post on your other thread. 

--nearly killed me to get to Neuro appt.... BUT he REFUSED to discuss my benzos at all... didn't even want to know why i'm on 2 benzos !?

did basic lame muscle / nerve test that my old GP did in her office 3 yrs ago -- "push back on my hand... etc...." 

then said "no nerve damage -- all Fibromyalgia."

confused me + so V annoyed i forgot to tell him about my  NEW violent head + feet jerking -- that is NOT normal !?

also, twitching, burning, etc... forgot that too !?

got a copy of his report so will write him back + see if he replies.

he just kept repeating Fibromyalgia + my brain froze.

--Clonaz .... when these Sxs started for you.... how fast did you taper ?

did you have lots of pain + tension during taper ?

maybe i need to rapid detox / hospital ?

what's the point in tapering if these SXs / disorder already happening ?

thank you for sharing whatever you can.

flushed 120 clonazepam pills down the toilet today [NOT city plumbing / water supply]

toilet bowl filled with a cloudy orange color water then disappeared forever

stopped seeing psychologist still waiting for July 2 appt. to see naturopathic Dr.

- still getting head shaking / neck spasms / trouble walking / foot stomping movement disorder but not as frequent

hopeful for good ND advice + knowledge on your supps + that they are right combo for You + 'balanced' -- ie, B complex, etc -- for Your Sxs.

i also stopped all supps when hit tolerance... will try to post on your other thread. 

--nearly killed me to get to Neuro appt.... BUT he REFUSED to discuss my benzos at all... didn't even want to know why i'm on 2 benzos !?

did basic lame muscle / nerve test that my old GP did in her office 3 yrs ago -- "push back on my hand... etc...." 

confused me + so V annoyed i forgot to tell him about my  NEW violent head + feet jerking -- that is NOT normal !?

another day inbetween days

flushed 120 clonazepam pills down the toilet today [NOT city plumbing / water supply]

another day in-between days of head shaking, inner ear pressure and trouble walking

another day inbetween days

another day in between days of windows / waves and today was hit with bad convulsion / seizure violent tremors in head neck back leg tremors / movement disorders like being possessed by a demon controlling my body and mind

contorted limbs / facial expressions / trouble breathing / collapsing legs / dizzyness / vertigo / head shaking / head pressure inner ear pain and tinnitus all at once

- find it hard to believe this is considered healing it feels more like brain damage / nervous system damage and a permanent way this going to be forever from coming off clonazepam

- anyone else still getting these symptoms after a year off benzos??

- still waiting to see a naturopathic doctor July 2 - not hopeful they can do anything

and will be wasting $180 that i dont have for the consult

- taking magnesium citrate

Lapis -- v grateful for Walker info + hoping for dizzy relief for you soon.

Pretty -- also hoping for relief from your hormone tapering soon.

must get up + try to 'walk' a few mins. now...

my measly MT of Clon while holding 8V is not working v well... Sxs getting worse.

hope we all heal from this hell asap xo

going to see a Naturopathic doctor today to see if they can suggest anything to stop head convulsions / tremors / movement disorder trouble walking

- might be wasting time and money i dont have

another day in between days of windows / waves and today was hit with bad convulsion / seizure violent tremors in head neck back leg tremors / movement disorders like being possessed by a demon controlling my body and mind

contorted limbs / facial expressions / trouble breathing / collapsing legs / dizzyness / vertigo / head shaking / head pressure inner ear pain and tinnitus all at once

- find it hard to believe this is considered healing it feels more like brain damage / nervous system damage and a permanent way this going to be forever from coming off clonazepam

- still waiting to see a naturopathic doctor July 2 - not hopeful they can do anything

my measly MT of Clon while holding 8V is not working v well... Sxs getting worse.

after seeing Naturopathic Doctor today he agreed that my neurological problems are most likely caused from benzo withdrawal that has "burnt out my GABA neurotransmitters" and claims he has seen many cases like this and he went into great detail explaining everything because he knew I would understand and he was'nt working for drug companies denying and hiding things

- NONE of the handfuls of medical "Doctors" I saw this and last year gave any kind of advice, information, or solutions to my problems especially including my EX GP Doctor and the incompetent Neurologist he referred me to after I asked to see one, and def NOT the psychologist guy either

Naturopath guy has a degree in Neuroscience so i kindof believe him

he suggested I was on the right track with Magnesium and fish oil supplements but suggested Magnesium Glycinate instead of the Mag citrate I have been taking, also Taurine, and B6 P5P supplements

these supplements will hopefully reset my neurochemistry and GABA receptors faster and help with convulsion / shaking tremors / trouble walking I have been having for a year now than NOT doing anything and suffering through withdrawal symptoms

-might be the best $180 dollars I spent that I dont have this year

- anyone else have any experience with naturopath doctors for benzo withdrawal

- anyone listening / reading or am i typing to myself??

going to see a Naturopathic doctor today to see if they can suggest anything to stop head convulsions / tremors / movement disorder trouble walking

after a week of taking Magnesium Glycinate, Taurine, and B6 P5P supplements as suggested by a Naturopathic Doctor who specializes in Neurology type cases

there has not been much difference in movement disorder symptoms

after seeing Naturopathic Doctor today he agreed that my neurological problems are most likely caused from benzo withdrawal that has "burnt out my GABA neurotransmitters" and claims he has seen many cases like this and he went into great detail explaining everything because he knew I would understand and he was'nt working for drug companies denying and hiding things

- NONE of the handfuls of medical "Doctors" I saw this and last year gave any kind of advice, information, or solutions to my problems especially including my EX GP Doctor and the incompetent Neurologist he referred me to after I asked to see one, and def NOT the psychologist guy either

Naturopath guy has a degree in Neuroscience so i kindof believe him

he suggested I was on the right track with Magnesium and fish oil supplements but suggested Magnesium Glycinate instead of the Mag citrate I have been taking, also Taurine, and B6 P5P supplements

these supplements will hopefully reset my neurochemistry and GABA receptors faster and help with convulsion / shaking tremors / trouble walking I have been having for a year now than NOT doing anything and suffering through withdrawal symptoms

-might be the best $180 dollars I spent that I dont have this year

I have no experience with Naturopaths, but I don't think that concoction of supplements is terribly useful. B6, magnesium and glycine all inhibit the nervous system. To heal your nervous system probably needs to be overactive for quite a period of time to get back to normal, after all, it was sedated for a long time in order to get to it's current state. The nerves will sense there is too much activity and then begin upregulating GABA receptors and making more connections with inhibitory neurons. If the Naturopath thinks these supplements help with recovery, maybe he/she should explain exactly how these things are helping you and show you some actual proof. It may take a long time to heal, but it will happen eventually.

To my knowledge, there are no magic bullets available to us in pill form. You might, however, want to start a thread in the Alternative Therapies section, since others around here might be able to weigh in.

In my case, the supplements I'm taking are for specific things going on in my body that can hopefully be helped with these particular things, e.g. iron for low hemoglobin, calcium/magnesium/vitamins D and K for bone health following a fracture.

I do think that if there were something that could heal the benzo/SSRI damage quickly, we'd all have heard about it by now.

• 5 months later...