clonazepam withdrawal / drug induced movement disorders?

[cl...]

my movement disorder looks alot like this

I was on clonazepam for 9-10 years at first it was working okay then it changed in early January 2018 and started getting weird side effects: increased anxiety, head twitching, chest pains, and panic attacks

saw doctor and expressed that meds are not making me feel calm or good anymore and i want to get off meds

did a taper and stopped taking clonazepam rather fast after developing movement disorder / chronic head shaking / tremors in legs / trouble walking, etc for the last nine months in addition to insomnia and alot of other symptoms [anxiety, balance, blurry vision, confusion, depression, dizzyness, suididal thoughts, tinnitus]

- anyone else have this kind of experience??

had blood tests [including Lime], CAT and MRI [without contrast] brain scans done. ALL came back 'normal'

- saw neurologist that diagnosed with a "functional neurological movement disorder" [vague umbrella terminology]

and referred me to a psychologist for 'psycho therapy' claiming the movement disorder is "caused by complications of anxiety and depression" and is talking about how emotions and feelings cause movement disorder completely ignoring the fact that i was on meds for 9-10 years and could be going through withdrawal or nervous system damage possibly low dopamine, gaba, serotonin brain chemical neurotransmitter / receptor imbalances

this "how do you feel?" 'psycho-talk therapy' approach is not making the constant movement disorder or other symptoms go away.

i wish i could run but right now I cant even walk properly

last year at this time I could walk and run

i can't walk properly either - my walking is one of my worst symptoms.. what symptoms do you have regarding your walking? why can't you walk properly?

my symptoms regarding not walking 'functional neurological movement disorder' are many:

chronic back pain, knees buckling, marching, weak, wobily, stiff legs / freezing / sliding legs / stomping feet

with side to side to side and /or up and down tremor / shaking / twitching in my neck / head arms, and back [it is like Parkinsons Disease symptoms]

NEVER in my life has this happened until I started having problems with benzo tolerance withdrawal and got worse when I quit taking the RAT Poison

I don't know why I cant walk properly / neither do any medical professionals know

I suspect it has something to do with brain damage cerebellum or frontal lobes / nervous system neurotransmitter / receptor damage dopamamine, GABA, serotonin levels out of balance

but according to the Neurologist and Psychologist I was referred to it is "Anxiety and Depression" causing this but they don't explain how even when I ask them

i wish i could run but right now I cant even walk properly

last year at this time I could walk and run

i can't walk properly either - my walking is one of my worst symptoms.. what symptoms do you have regarding your walking? why can't you walk properly?

I have brain freezes / trouble thinking too

head pressure / feels like water in the ears / ringing ears

also have tightness in neck muscles and trouble swallowing

NEVER had this before going on / quitting clonazepam

After 7 years from benzo, enrich i had every sxs, this is what left, trembling legs, i cant stand still,I have to pace back and forth to keep my legs from shaking , benzo belly, brain freezes, head pressure and ringing ears,.My brain cognitive level has improve.

I don't know why I cant walk properly / neither do any medical professionals know

I suspect it has something to do with brain damage cerebellum or frontal lobes / nervous system neurotransmitter / receptor damage dopamamine, GABA, serotonin levels out of balance

i think it probably has to do with all you mentioned as well. my walking is now my number one worst symptom when i use to mostly complain about all the head symptoms. i have such difficulty with my walking. it's all i complain about around here for awhile now. it's so frustrating not to be able to just get around like i use to. i have a feeling my cerebellum was badly damaged as i have no balance at all. i have to be extremely careful with every move i make.

if i do ever get to a point where i can start to be able to go for my longer walks like i use to -- and have even just a little more mobility in my body and be able to stretch and stuff like that -- i think that Tai Chi would be an excellent thing for me to start doing to at least help get some balance back.

"trust me its not the clonazepam...keep taking those"

i can't believe they could even say this or even think like this. they are pretty dumb huh? you would think that these docs who got their license and spent loads of time mastering organs and stuff like that would at least have some intelligence to know that drugs can alter the brain, period.

i have all those symptoms you mentioned about your walking and more. i also have the nerve pain and full body squeezing neuropathy which adds to the walking and balance problem.

more quotes from Doctors

my EX GP Doctor 'during my 'refill visits' for clonazepam used to say things to me like:

"it's a very low dose" [.5 mg 3-4 times daily as needed]

"you are in control of the medication it's not in control of you"

"it is not addictive" / "this medication is not meant for long term use"

"taking more does'nt make it better"

^^ ALL these statements are contradictory, deceptive, misleading or false

another psych doctor said to me:

"it's not your fault you have a chemical imbalance" "clonazepam is like your insulin if you were diabetic"

i can't believe they could even say this or even think like this. they are pretty dumb huh? you would think that these docs who got their license and spent loads of time mastering organs and stuff like that would at least have some intelligence to know that drugs can alter the brain, period.

i think it probably has to do with all you mentioned as well. my walking is now my number one worst symptom when i use to mostly complain about all the head symptoms. i have such difficulty with my walking. it's all i complain about around here for awhile now. it's so frustrating not to be able to just get around like i use to. i have a feeling my cerebellum was badly damaged as i have no balance at all. i have to be extremely careful with every move i make.

if i do ever get to a point where i can start to be able to go for my longer walks like i use to -- and have even just a little more mobility in my body and be able to stretch and stuff like that -- i think that Tai Chi would be an excellent thing for me to start doing to at least help get some balance back.

i have all those symptoms you mentioned about your walking and more. i also have the nerve pain and full body squeezing neuropathy which adds to the walking and balance problem.

I have brain freezes / trouble thinking too

head pressure / feels like water in the ears / ringing ears

also have tightness in neck muscles and trouble swallowing

NEVER had this before going on / quitting clonazepam

After 7 years from benzo, enrich i had every sxs, this is what left, trembling legs, i cant stand still,I have to pace back and forth to keep my legs from shaking , benzo belly, brain freezes, head pressure and ringing ears,.My brain cognitive level has improve.

#following

"this medication is not meant for long term use"

this is probably the only true thing about benzos. they sure aren't meant for long term use. neither are opiates.

so you haven't been off the benzo's for very long though huh?

been off for a year

withdrawal symptoms [anxiety increase, twitching head, insomnia] were starting way before that and hit hard when tapering off and after quitting

[anxiety, blurry vision, brain fog / freezes / confusion, depression, dizzyness, head twitching, chest pains, and panic attacks

movement disorder / chronic head shaking / tremors in arms, head / hands / legs / trouble walking, balance, tinnitus]

"this medication is not meant for long term use"

this is probably the only true thing about benzos. they sure aren't meant for long term use. neither are opiates.

so you haven't been off the benzo's for very long though huh?

clonaz, are you still taking the other medications listed in your profile -- Paxil and Lamotrigine? Or did you stop taking those? If so, did you taper or stop suddenly? I'm asking because all of the psychiatric meds can cause numerous side effects and withdrawal effects.

I was on benzos, plus an SSRI for 1.5 years. And before the SSRI, I was on an SNRI for about 10 weeks (also while I was on benzos). I believe all of these medications have contributed to my problems. There is the interaction of the medications, plus the individual effects of each one, plus the role of genetics in medication metabolism, etc., etc. There are just too many factors to tease out the effects of one drug from another. It's all part of it, I believe.

no I quit Paxil and Lamotrigine years ago because it was causing drastic negative behavior changes that were affecting me in a very bad way.

I quit Paxil tapering over a period of approx 6 years while taking Lamotrigine for a diagnosed supposed 'mood disorder' that I now think was caused by Paxil [aggressive / manic / unusual behavior / personality changes]

I quit Paxil and Lamotrigine cold turkey after ending up in hospital in a coma for two weeks after a near fatal overdose of the three medications I was taking

[*WARNING: read black box papers on psychiatric drugs may cause suicidal ideation or actions there is a reason these warnings are given the medications cause it!]

after that I only took clonazepam from 2010 up until early 2018

- when I started taking clonazepam it made me feel calm, even happy sometimes

but again over time that changed into anxiety increase, insomnia, negative behavior changes and now I have major problems with movement disorder and shaking / tremors

- in my case these drugs are not good treatment solutions for feelings of anxiety and depression I know they only hide or mask feelings that are underneath

- if i knew then what i know now about psychiatric drugs i never would have taken any of it and tried therapy or natural supplements

clonaz, are you still taking the other medications listed in your profile -- Paxil and Lamotrigine? Or did you stop taking those? If so, did you taper or stop suddenly? I'm asking because all of the psychiatric meds can cause numerous side effects and withdrawal effects.

I was on benzos, plus an SSRI for 1.5 years. And before the SSRI, I was on an SNRI for about 10 weeks (also while I was on benzos). I believe all of these medications have contributed to my problems. There is the interaction of the medications, plus the individual effects of each one, plus the role of genetics in medication metabolism, etc., etc. There are just too many factors to tease out the effects of one drug from another. It's all part of it, I believe.

Oh, I think you're in good company when you say, "If I knew then what I know now...". Most of us feel that way. I just have regret about having taken any of these medications. The challenge now is to move forward in the best way we can in order to get to a better place.

edit

was on clonazepam for 9-10 years at first it was working okay then it changed in early January 2018 and started getting weird side effects: increased anxiety, head twitching, chest pains, and panic attacks

saw doctor and expressed that meds are not making me feel calm or good anymore and i want to get off meds

did a taper and stopped taking clonazepam rather fast after developing movement disorder / chronic head shaking / tremors in legs / trouble walking, etc for the last nine months in addition to insomnia and alot of other symptoms [anxiety, balance, blurry vision, confusion, depression, dizzyness, suididal thoughts, tinnitus]

had blood tests [including Lime], CAT and MRI [without contrast] brain scans done. ALL came back 'normal'

- saw neurologist that diagnosed with a "functional neurological movement disorder" [vague umbrella terminology]

and referred me to a psychologist for 'psycho therapy' claiming the movement disorder is "caused by complications of anxiety and depression" and is talking about how emotions and feelings cause movement disorder completely ignoring the fact that i was on meds for 9-10 years and could be going through withdrawal or nervous system damage possibly low dopamine, gaba, serotonin brain chemical neurotransmitter / receptor imbalances

this "how do you feel?" 'psycho-talk therapy' approach is not making the constant movement disorder or other symptoms go away.

/

edit

was on clonazepam for 9-10 years at first it was working okay then it changed in early January 2018 and started getting weird side effects: increased anxiety, head twitching, chest pains, and panic attacks

=^.^=

Morse code?

:D :D :D :D

What's going on. clona?  None of us can make sense of this, you'll need to string together one or two coherent sentences, otherwise call 911 if it's an emergency.  Hope you're okay.

i am okay for now

clonaz, can you please clarify? Are you okay? If you're not, and you need help right away, please seek help where you are.