clonazepam withdrawal / drug induced movement disorders?

[cl...]

Geez, prettydaisys, I said that it was good that your doctor is benzo wise based on whatever you did. It's not about approval. I was happy for you. Sorry it wasn't taken that way. Obviously, we have different ways of doing things. I'm glad yours worked for you. I was just explaining what I did and why. Mine worked for me. Here in Canada, very few people sue their doctors and our health care system works very differently than yours does in the U.S.

Also, this thread is no longer in the Protracted section. One of the admins or moderators must have moved it a number of days ago. There were two of the same threads running simultaneously -- one in Post-Withdrawal and one in Protracted. I believe they were merged or something. It's not entirely clear to me.

I started this thread

- it started about the subject of clonazepam withdrawal / drug induced movement disorders and is turning into something else

Also, this thread is no longer in the Protracted section. One of the admins or moderators must have moved it a number of days ago. There were two of the same threads running simultaneously -- one in Post-Withdrawal and one in Protracted. I believe they were merged or something. It's not entirely clear to me.

awesome

Hi prettydaisys,

I tried not to "barrage" anyone with information, because I wanted to earn their respect. I wanted them to see me as an intelligent, informed person who had some understanding of what was happening. It worked in my favour. I understood that I needed them on my side, that I still needed their help, but I also needed them to treat me with respect. I still bring medical journal articles to medical appointments, where it's appropriate to do so.

using the word "barrage" was just making a point of how determined i was to inform my doctor -- of course i didn't avalanche him but it still took some time. and now he is a benzo wise doctor so i feel good about it.

That's good to hear.

so glad that you approve... :D  you know, even if i did 'barrage" my doc of info -- everyone has their own way of doing things and you have yours so i really don't like feeling judged. everybody does what they believe is right at the time and we all make mistakes... i spent over 6 years delicately giving my doctor (who allowed me to do a brutal cold turkey) -- info about this drug and this syndrome -- when what i really wanted to do was sue him and i told him that too. hopefully now he is able to treat his patients the proper way who are having much difficulty in getting off benoz's.

did anyone notice behavior changes in themselves during benzo usage and after when hitting 'tolerance withdrawal'??

- anger problems

- delusions

- egotistical/ narcisistic behavior

- obsessive behavior [obsessing about celebrities and normal people / writing letters to people / stalking]

- sadness

- sex addictions

- self loathing

all of these are withdrawal symptoms. not only did i have anger -- my only emotion for a long time was rage. how i know all of these are symptoms of withdrawal is because when in a window it would all lift.

This is the first time I have ever read a post on here and had to continually glance over to the author to make sure I didn't write this..... Unbelievable.  Almost the very same experience.  I'm just over a year and my muscles and dystonia are alarming.  Really my only remaining symptom but its a HUGE one.  K-Pin ~10 years

not sure why this thread is even in the protracted section?

i'm outta here!

I started this thread

- it started about the subject of clonazepam withdrawal / drug induced movement disorders and is turning into something else

Yes, but it was in two different sections at the same time -- Post Withdrawal and Protracted. The Protracted section is usually for those who have been off the medication for quite some time -- at least 18 months. From your signature, it appears that you've only been off since last July, which is -- in benzo withdrawal terms -- relatively short. I assume that's why it was moved/merged into the Post-Withdrawal section only, but it's not quite clear.

Here's the description of the Protracted section:

A minority of members experience troublesome withdrawal symptoms well past the one year mark and may benefit from interacting more closely with others who are similarly affected. We suggest joining 18-months+ after your withdrawal date, but there is no set/enforced limit for participation - join (or leave) at your own discretion/judgement. Please be sure to read the stickied/pinned threads at the top of the BPWS board.

yes no big deal I must have posted in the wrong category and someone must have reported the duplicate threads to admins and they merged / moved it here

- thank you for the information

- it is interesting to read all the different experiences and feedback on here

I started this thread

Yes, but it was in two different sections at the same time -- Post Withdrawal and Protracted. The Protracted section is usually for those who have been off the medication for quite some time -- at least 18 months. From your signature, it appears that you've only been off since last July, which is -- in benzo withdrawal terms -- relatively short. I assume that's why it was moved/merged into the Post-Withdrawal section only, but it's not quite clear.

A minority of members experience troublesome withdrawal symptoms well past the one year mark and may benefit from interacting more closely with others who are similarly affected. We suggest joining 18-months+ after your withdrawal date, but there is no set/enforced limit for participation - join (or leave) at your own discretion/judgement. Please be sure to read the stickied/pinned threads at the top of the BPWS board.

anyone else having problems like this?

I was on clonazepam for 9-10 years at first it was working okay then it changed in early January 2018 and started getting weird side effects: increased anxiety, head twitching, chest pains, and panic attacks

saw doctor and expressed that meds are not making me feel calm or good anymore and i want to get off meds

did a taper and stopped taking clonazepam rather fast after developing movement disorder / chronic head shaking / tremors in legs / trouble walking, etc for the last nine months in addition to insomnia and alot of other symptoms [anxiety, balance, blurry vision, confusion, depression, dizzyness, suididal thoughts, tinnitus]

- anyone else have this kind of experience??

had blood tests [including Lime], CAT and MRI [without contrast] brain scans done. ALL came back 'normal'

- saw neurologist that diagnosed with a "functional neurological movement disorder" [vague umbrella terminology]

and referred me to a psychologist for 'psycho therapy' claiming the movement disorder is "caused by complications of anxiety and depression" and is talking about how emotions and feelings cause movement disorder completely ignoring the fact that i was on meds for 9-10 years and could be going through withdrawal or nervous system damage possibly low dopamine, gaba, serotonin brain chemical neurotransmitter / receptor imbalances

this "how do you feel?" 'psycho-talk therapy' approach is not making the constant movement disorder or other symptoms go away.

having bad head / neck spasms twitching again today

head bobs around violently side to side and front to back looks like parkinsons tremor

very uncomfortable numb feeling in brain

- usually happens when i try to get up and walk sometimes when sitting and laying down

- happens if i feel anxious or not and makes me feel more panicked

- anyone else have this condition?

anyone else having problems like this?

I was on clonazepam for 9-10 years at first it was working okay then it changed in early January 2018 and started getting weird side effects: increased anxiety, head twitching, chest pains, and panic attacks

saw doctor and expressed that meds are not making me feel calm or good anymore and i want to get off meds

did a taper and stopped taking clonazepam rather fast after developing movement disorder / chronic head shaking / tremors in legs / trouble walking, etc for the last nine months in addition to insomnia and alot of other symptoms [anxiety, balance, blurry vision, confusion, depression, dizzyness, suididal thoughts, tinnitus]

had blood tests [including Lime], CAT and MRI [without contrast] brain scans done. ALL came back 'normal'

- saw neurologist that diagnosed with a "functional neurological movement disorder" [vague umbrella terminology]

and referred me to a psychologist for 'psycho therapy' claiming the movement disorder is "caused by complications of anxiety and depression" and is talking about how emotions and feelings cause movement disorder completely ignoring the fact that i was on meds for 9-10 years and could be going through withdrawal or nervous system damage possibly low dopamine, gaba, serotonin brain chemical neurotransmitter / receptor imbalances

this "how do you feel?" 'psycho-talk therapy' approach is not making the constant movement disorder or other symptoms go away.

It’s not Parkinsons tremor, it’s more likely dystonia/tardive dyskinesia. Good news is it should go away. Mine waxed and wanes but is generally better than 6 months ago.

head bobs around violently side to side and front to back looks like parkinsons tremor

it’s more likely dystonia/tardive dyskinesia

i had the head bobbing around violently too but i also had the head that was on-going pulling to the left my whole brain and head kept pulling - pulling - pulling to the left. i do think it is some kind of dystonia/tardive dyskinesia but it's from the damage that this drug did and most so the way i got off it in a cold turkey instead of a proper and slow taper. really know that made a huge difference with me.

and the doctors [GP and neurologist] claim to me that it is "complications of anxiety and depression"

- yeah right more like 'complications of taking clonazepam for 10 years!'

- no explanation as to the mechanics or bio-chemical reaction that causes this 'movement disorder' signals from the brain not properly going to nerves / muscles etc

it’s more likely dystonia/tardive dyskinesia

i had the head bobbing around violently too but i also had the head that was on-going pulling to the left my whole brain and head kept pulling - pulling - pulling to the left. i do think it is some kind of dystonia/tardive dyskinesia but it's from the damage that this drug did and most so the way i got off it in a cold turkey instead of a proper and slow taper. really know that made a huge difference with me.

and the doctors [GP and neurologist] claim to me that it is "complications of anxiety and depression"

- no explanation as to the mechanics or bio-chemical reaction that causes this 'movement disorder' signals from the brain not properly going to nerves / muscles etc

It’s not Parkinsons tremor, it’s more likely dystonia/tardive dyskinesia. Good news is it should go away. Mine waxed and wanes but is generally better than 6 months ago.

yes no big deal I must have posted in the wrong category and it is clear someone must have reported the duplicate threads to admins and they merged / moved it here

I started this thread

yes no big deal I must have posted in the wrong category and it is clear someone must have reported the duplicate threads to admins and they merged / moved it here

I started this thread

Why re-post this yet again?

whut? it must have been the automated system edit reposting. it is not clear

I started this thread

Why re-post this yet again?

Sunday March 3 2019

and the movement disorder nightmare continues no end in sight

everyday and night like this...very few windows of relief from this only sometimes when sitting or laying down but cannot sleep

when standing...head bobbing around...neck convulsions / shaking/tremor body back leg spasms / trouble walking , talking, thinking / leg stomping

- psychologist talk therapy not helping this at all

this is HELL!!!

NEVER had any of this happen my entire life before taking clonazepam and it started early last year while still taking drug and has gotten worse since stopped taking it

- anyone else having these symptoms???

- will it ever STOP??

- anyone on here ever had this happen and had it get better on it's own

- i dont want to go on any more drugs

Wait, you said yours started while you were still on klonopin?  Is it possible one of the other medicines you were on was causing some type of dyskinesia, and the klonopin was partially covering it up?  (klonopin is actually prescribed for movement disorders for many people).  Were you on paxil or lamotrigine (or just came off) when the movements first started?

klonopin definitely also causes movement disorders. it definitely did with me and never had this before i cold turkey'd klonopin.

no was not on Paxil and Lamotrigine during clonazepam usage

never had movement disorders when on those drugs either

- started getting anxiety / panic, head twitches and insomnia while still on clonazepam and got worse after quitting it developed into bad movement disorder as described

Wait, you said yours started while you were still on klonopin?  Is it possible one of the other medicines you were on was causing some type of dyskinesia, and the klonopin was partially covering it up?  (klonopin is actually prescribed for movement disorders for many people).  Were you on paxil or lamotrigine (or just came off) when the movements first started?

yes i believe clonazepam and other psych drugs cause movement disorders

by messing up the brain and nervous system

but unfortunately not many doctors will admit it

klonopin definitely also causes movement disorders. it definitely did with me and never had this before i cold turkey'd klonopin.

I also had/have movement disorders while taking clonazepam and even worse after tapering off.

Leg movement/jerks still keep me awake a lot at night.

My arm jerks have mostly stopped.

Clonazepam is a horrible drug.

what did your doctor attribute your movement disorders to?

did they claim something like "complications of anxiety and/or depression" ??

did / does your head also convulse twitch spasm and/or have trouble walking??

I also had/have movement disorders while taking clonazepam and even worse after tapering off.

Leg movement/jerks still keep me awake a lot at night.

My arm jerks have mostly stopped.

Clonazepam is a horrible drug.

My doctor did not ever respond to what was causing the leg movement.

When I was in the ER for dizziness and transient global amnesia, I was never given a reason/cause.

I figured out on my own, after finding the BB site, that it was most likely the clonazepam.

The medical help out there for people on benzos is fairly sparse.

doctors will dismiss / not acknowledge that the benzo meds they prescribe cause harm

- even the psychologist refuses to talk about the drugs and effects it has had on me

I sneaked a peak at their computer notes one time when they left the room where my GP doctor stated to one of the others "i warned him about the dangers" reffering to going off the drugs

total lie..he did not warn me about anything!

When I was in the ER for dizziness and transient global amnesia, I was never given a reason/cause.

I figured out on my own, after finding the BB site, that it was most likely the clonazepam.

have not slept in months even when i sleep i am half awake and half asleep

- shaking / tremors hardly ever stop / can not walk properly

how long can it go on like this before i die??

doctors will dismiss / not acknowledge that the benzo meds they prescribe cause harm

- even the psychologist refuses to talk about the drugs and effects it has had on me

I sneaked a peak at their computer notes one time when they left the room where my GP doctor stated to one of the others "i warned him about the dangers" reffering to going off the drugs

total lie..he did not warn me about anything!