Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

clonazepam withdrawal / drug induced movement disorders?

[cl...]

Hi Prettydaisys,

In answer to your question about where to get a two-wheeled walker, just try Amazon or a medical supply store in your area. These are the most basic types of walkers available. They're solid and easy to use, and, hopefully, will be really helpful in your situation. With dizziness, things like canes and crutches are particularly difficult to use.

I just googled it on Amazon.com and found many choices:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=walker&ref=nb_sb_noss_1 

B complex - is that the same as B12 vitamins? [i am taking those]

- what about head shaking bobbing back and forth violently movement disorder with pain and weird pressure that feels like a numb magnet inside your head and inner ears like you are drugged when you are not

- this is some kind of after effect of discontueing clonazepam and i need it to go away

Just gonna throw this out there but i developed some crazy movement disorder stuff a few months ago. Doctor recommended b complex after i tested low. Within 2 doses it seems to be gone. Taking daily ATM. Idk if this could help anyone else. Might be risky but it seems to work for me. I did some reading and some sources show that movement disorders can be caused by low b sometimes.

clonaz, we all need it go away, but there's no magic bullet. It's part of benzodiazepine and other psych-med withdrawal (you were on a few things, right?), and it takes the body whatever time it takes to come back from years and years of use of such meds. If you haven't read the Ashton Manual, it might be helpful to do so. It explains things.

Vitamin B12 is one of the B-complex vitamins. There's also B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, biotin and folic acid. They're available in food, of course, but you can also get them in supplement form.

=^.^=  :-\

clonaz, we all need it go away, but there's no magic bullet. It's part of benzodiazepine and other psych-med withdrawal (you were on a few things, right?), and it takes the body whatever time it takes to come back from years and years of use of such meds. If you haven't read the Ashton Manual, it might be helpful to do so. It explains things.

Vitamin B12 is one of the B-complex vitamins. There's also B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, biotin and folic acid. They're available in food, of course, but you can also get them in supplement form.

Hi Prettydaisys,

In answer to your question about where to get a two-wheeled walker, just try Amazon or a medical supply store in your area. These are the most basic types of walkers available. They're solid and easy to use, and, hopefully, will be really helpful in your situation. With dizziness, things like canes and crutches are particularly difficult to use.

thank you Lapis!

so in tapering from this hormone progesterone the floaty boat/undulating/dizziness is back with such a vengeance i cannot believe it when it had gone away for the good part. it's making my balance near obsolete. i hope as i go down and my body becomes adjusted that this will all subside as it feels so scary. i can even feel my balance disrupted when i am laying down. i even get the same sensations and images of me falling even though i am laying down.

do you still have the dizziness and balance issues?

- what about head shaking bobbing back and forth violently movement disorder with pain and weird pressure that feels like a numb magnet inside your head and inner ears like you are drugged when you are not

- this is some kind of after effect of discontueing clonazepam and i need it to go away

i couldn't take any B vitamins as they all sent my bran to the moon. but i did find this one B 12 by Pharmax which is a liquid and i only use 3 little drops in juice and it seems fine. you may have to find a certain brand that does well with you. B vitamins are known to rev up symptoms as i have seen many posts on here about it.

i take B12, magnesium, fish oil, Vitamin C, 5HTP, multi-vitamins and tylenol for pain sometimes when i cant bear it [never had pain while on benzos clonazepam until now that i am off...]

while on clonazepam everything was ok until tolerance hit then developed twitches and movement disorder / cognitive and personality / memory problems

Hi Prettydaisys,

thank you Lapis!

so in tapering from this hormone progesterone the floaty boat/undulating/dizziness is back with such a vengeance i cannot believe it when it had gone away for the good part. it's making my balance near obsolete. i hope as i go down and my body becomes adjusted that this will all subside as it feels so scary. i can even feel my balance disrupted when i am laying down. i even get the same sensations and images of me falling even though i am laying down.

do you still have the dizziness and balance issues?

i couldn't take any B vitamins as they all sent my bran to the moon. but i did find this one B 12 by Pharmax which is a liquid and i only use 3 little drops in juice and it seems fine. you may have to find a certain brand that does well with you. B vitamins are known to rev up symptoms as i have seen many posts on here about it.

Hi Prettydaisys,

Yes, I still have the floaty-boaty disequilibrium, which is why it's so hard for me to walk. I'm so sorry to hear about the progesterone issue, but I think I remember scanning Baylissa's website and seeing something about that. I guess she'd heard from quite a few women that progesterone could be problematic. I'm not sure what the problems were exactly, but suffice to say, it seemed like taking hormones could come with quite a few risks.

Let's hope that the re-emergence of your dizziness is short-lived. That must be so frustrating.

I should mention, too, that I read a number of medical journal articles last year on the topic of Mal de Debarquement Syndrome, which has symptoms like floaty-boaty dizziness, and which is usually caused by travel on boats or planes, but is sometimes caused by other things. Apparently, it's mostly women who are affected, and oftentimes, the symptoms are worse at certain points in their monthly cycles or around perimenopause/menopause.

i take B12, magnesium, fish oil, Vitamin C, 5HTP, multi-vitamins and tylenol for pain sometimes when i cant bear it [never had pain while on benzos clonazepam until now that i am off...]

while on clonazepam everything was ok until tolerance hit then developed twitches and movement disorder / cognitive and personality / memory problems

just to let you know (and of course everybody is different) but i have been on here for 7 years and have read way many posts and i have heard that both magnesium and fish oil has caused a revving up of symptoms for some. i'm sure not for all and i do take magnesium sometimes without any problems. but i have heard a good many people have waves and revving up of symptoms from fish oil so maybe you could just cut out one thing only to see how you feel?

I have experimented / tried cutting things out and found personally that if i dont take fish oil i get bad brain fog

also when i take 5HTP it does does not seem to boost serotonin naturally or valerian root help me sleep

- I have researched that 5HTP and magnesium can help with movement disorders

- everything is weird and messed up like a stereo equalizer out of whack or musical instrument out of tune

- interestingly i was taking vitamins except for magnesium the entire time i was on clonazepam and never had the problems / symptoms i do now until hitting tolerance withdrawal and quit benzos

just to let you know (and of course everybody is different) but i have been on here for 7 years and have read way many posts and i have heard that both magnesium and fish oil has caused a revving up of symptoms for some. i'm sure not for all and i do take magnesium sometimes without any problems. but i have heard a good many people have waves and revving up of symptoms from fish oil so maybe you could just cut out one thing only to see how you feel?

I have experimented / tried cutting things out and found personally that if i dont take fish oil i get bad brain fog

also when i take 5HTP it does does not seem to boost serotonin naturally or valerian root help me sleep

- I have researched that 5HTP and magnesium can help with movement disorders

- everything is weird and messed up like a stereo equalizer out of whack or musical instrument out of tune

- interestingly i was taking vitamins except for magnesium the entire time i was on clonazepam and never had the problems / symptoms i do now until hitting tolerance withdrawal and quit benzos

if the fish oil is working for you then that is good. i completely understand about that everything is weird and messed up like a stereo equalizer out of whack...that also makes me have the derealization symptom very badly and it gets very scary in that messed up state. you don't see, hear or take in anything the way it really is. i am having all of this now again because of the progesterone taper and feel like i am right back in acute withdrawal. it's been a week of utter hell.

Hi Prettydaisys,

Yes, I still have the floaty-boaty disequilibrium, which is why it's so hard for me to walk. I'm so sorry to hear about the progesterone issue, but I think I remember scanning Baylissa's website and seeing something about that. I guess she'd heard from quite a few women that progesterone could be problematic. I'm not sure what the problems were exactly, but suffice to say, it seemed like taking hormones could come with quite a few risks.

Let's hope that the re-emergence of your dizziness is short-lived. That must be so frustrating.

I should mention, too, that I read a number of medical journal articles last year on the topic of Mal de Debarquement Syndrome, which has symptoms like floaty-boaty dizziness, and which is usually caused by travel on boats or planes, but is sometimes caused by other things. Apparently, it's mostly women who are affected, and oftentimes, the symptoms are worse at certain points in their monthly cycles or around perimenopause/menopause.

it's so frustrating -- and thank you, i also hope this subsides soon.

more of the same relentless head shaking / violently evrytime i stand up sit down or lay down

- going to see a naturopathic doctor to see if there is anything they can do for this

Clonaz -- please don't give up... 

i'm so sorry about the falling + pain.

+ the flooding + loss of items.... geez...  i was hoping s/things could be salvaged... but this happened to me too...basement... it's hard, i know.

do you have any help ? can you get any support ?

i also wish you could be more stable, wish there was some other way for us. 

it is dangerous + scary... as w/ poor Lapis + her fracture.

but totally understand ....  i don't have upper body / arm strength to use cane, whole body too stiff + wobbly -- i'd need 2 canes... but that wouldn't work too well either. 

and feel too weak + wobbly to control a walker, i think, haven't tried yet...

all my Docs also deny it's the meds... won't even discuss them...

they keep using Fibromyalgia as excuse.... + immobility, obvs.

i do hope you can still get disability payments, somehow.

i've just applied, will be ages before i get a decision. 

thinking of you - please hold tight to hope x

Clonaz -- hoping you get some relief /windows + sleep soon, dear buddie.

how about legs ?  lately you've said mainly head ?

followed your new thread Re ND.

hopeful for good ND advice + knowledge on your supps + that they are right combo for You + 'balanced' -- ie, B complex, etc -- for Your Sxs.

i also stopped all supps when hit tolerance... will try to post on your other thread. 

--nearly killed me to get to Neuro appt.... BUT he REFUSED to discuss my benzos at all... didn't even want to know why i'm on 2 benzos !?

did basic lame muscle / nerve test that my old GP did in her office 3 yrs ago -- "push back on my hand... etc...." 

then said "no nerve damage -- all Fibromyalgia."

confused me + so V annoyed i forgot to tell him about my  NEW violent head + feet jerking -- that is NOT normal !?

also, twitching, burning, etc... forgot that too !?

got a copy of his report so will write him back + see if he replies.

he just kept repeating Fibromyalgia + my brain froze.

--Clonaz .... when these Sxs started for you.... how fast did you taper ?

did you have lots of pain + tension during taper ?

maybe i need to rapid detox / hospital ?

what's the point in tapering if these SXs / disorder already happening ?

thank you for sharing whatever you can.

Lapis -- v grateful for Walker info + hoping for dizzy relief for you soon.

Pretty -- also hoping for relief from your hormone tapering soon.

must get up + try to 'walk' a few mins. now...

my measly MT of Clon while holding 8V is not working v well... Sxs getting worse.

hope we all heal from this hell asap xo

yes my legs collapse and they also shake when i try to walk and sometimes when lying down

- Neurologist i saw was a quack did all the usual stupid tests follow / smell / touch my finger told me to keep taking clonazepam it is NOT the pills doing it..

then 6 months later follow up visit same thing until i told him i stopped taking drugs

then he contradicted himself and said "there is no magic pill" for movement disorders [in other words i have to suffer through it]...meanwhile my GP was saying "maybe they can give you parkinsons drugs" - what a bunch of F#cKTARDS!

- i had most symptoms after quitting clonazepam but they were building up while i was still on it

- i did not have much pain during taper but have chronic pain now in my back, head, and neck from constant tremors and numbness in arms and hands, pressure in ears and brain

- only taking tylenol extra strength for pain which does not help much

Clonaz -- hoping you get some relief /windows + sleep soon, dear buddie.

how about legs ?  lately you've said mainly head ?

followed your new thread Re ND.

hopeful for good ND advice + knowledge on your supps + that they are right combo for You + 'balanced' -- ie, B complex, etc -- for Your Sxs.

i also stopped all supps when hit tolerance... will try to post on your other thread. 

--nearly killed me to get to Neuro appt.... BUT he REFUSED to discuss my benzos at all... didn't even want to know why i'm on 2 benzos !?

did basic lame muscle / nerve test that my old GP did in her office 3 yrs ago -- "push back on my hand... etc...." 

then said "no nerve damage -- all Fibromyalgia."

confused me + so V annoyed i forgot to tell him about my  NEW violent head + feet jerking -- that is NOT normal !?

also, twitching, burning, etc... forgot that too !?

got a copy of his report so will write him back + see if he replies.

he just kept repeating Fibromyalgia + my brain froze.

--Clonaz .... when these Sxs started for you.... how fast did you taper ?

did you have lots of pain + tension during taper ?

maybe i need to rapid detox / hospital ?

what's the point in tapering if these SXs / disorder already happening ?

thank you for sharing whatever you can.

Hi Prettydaisys,

Lapis / Prettydaisys,

Progesterone is a GABA-A allosteric modulator, much like benzos. Here is a list of them and other similar substances with this property (not comprehensive): https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:GABAA_receptor_positive_allosteric_modulators&pagefrom=Haloxazolam#mw-pages

Hope you are both feeling better soon.

Severe head and neck pain.  Tylenol does nothing to help.  Now my mid back hurts have to use a heating pad and lay on my side when trying to sleep.    Neurologist have been of no help at all for the head pain.

Hi Prettydaisys,

Lapis / Prettydaisys,

Progesterone is a GABA-A allosteric modulator, much like benzos. Here is a list of them and other similar substances with this property (not comprehensive): https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:GABAA_receptor_positive_allosteric_modulators&pagefrom=Haloxazolam#mw-pages

Thanks for sharing that list, Data_Guy. It's enormous!

Hi Prettydaisys,

Lapis / Prettydaisys,

thanks for sharing...looks like it's best to just stay away from mostly everything. at least for a good long time.

Hi Prettydaisys,

Lapis / Prettydaisys,

thanks for sharing...looks like it's best to just stay away from mostly everything. at least for a good long time.

As we all know too well, all meds have potential side effects and risks. But it's not just meds. The list includes some herbs, like lavender oil, menthol, kava, thymol, valerian, etc.

Lapis, or DataG ?

thanks for noting 'menthol'.... so worried !?

- does it interfere w/ Clon. ?

- since Clon. works on sodium channels ?

when GP messed me up 9 months ago - i quit all sugary things, esp. lost my addiction to chocolate.... + no cakes, cookies, not a crumb.

only a bit of honey in yogurt + maple syrup in oatmeal.

but fatigue + hypoglycemia [since teenager] -- means i need a boost -- so was eating Ricolas.

then decided those had too much sugar.

so switched to Lifesaver / Polo [in UK]  mints... eat many daily for months now.

+ also chew mint gum daily [b/c can only brush teeth 1x day, also mint].

OMG - could all this MINT be harming me ?  + making taper so hard + painful ?

PS: i used to drink Mint tea 2x day but quit that + Chamomile 9 mths ago.

Thank you for any advice x

Hi Chipmunk,

I don't know how much of any of these herbal substances is needed to cause an effect on the GABAA receptors. Maybe you can do a bit of an experiment on yourself and cut those things out for a little while to see what happens.

Hi Prettydaisys,

Lapis / Prettydaisys,

As we all know too well, all meds have potential side effects and risks. But it's not just meds. The list includes some herbs, like lavender oil, menthol, kava, thymol, valerian, etc.

Yep, basically anything with a hypnotic, anxiolytic or sedating effect should probably be avoided. Makes things a bit more complicated, but if it means healing faster, it's worth it.

Chipmunk,

I just searched menthol and it seems a bunch of people have had bad reactions to it. Are you eating them for the sugar? If so, why not switch to cherries, blueberries, grapes or something that is a bit healthier? If you want something you can just carry around you could have some dried fruit.