clonazepam withdrawal / drug induced movement disorders?

[cl...]

[17...]
The psychologists I know all went into the field because of their own dysfunctional life. Many are taking psych meds themselves. Talk therapy does not make sx go away. Not from drug damage, sorry.

I was on clonazepam for 9-10 years at first it was working okay then it changed in early January 2018 and started getting weird side effects: increased anxiety, head twitching, chest pains, and panic attacks

saw doctor and expressed that meds are not making me feel calm or good anymore and i want to get off meds

did a taper and stopped taking clonazepam rather fast after developing movement disorder / chronic head shaking / tremors in legs / trouble walking, etc for the last nine months in addition to insomnia and alot of other symptoms [anxiety, balance, blurry vision, confusion, depression, dizzyness, suididal thoughts, tinnitus]

- anyone else have this kind of experience??

had blood tests [including Lime], CAT and MRI [without contrast] brain scans done. ALL came back 'normal'

- saw neurologist that diagnosed with a "functional neurological movement disorder" [vague umbrella terminology]

and referred me to a psychologist for 'psycho therapy' claiming the movement disorder is "caused by complications of anxiety and depression" and is talking about how emotions and feelings cause movement disorder completely ignoring the fact that i was on meds for 9-10 years and could be going through withdrawal or nervous system damage possibly low dopamine, gaba, serotonin brain chemical neurotransmitter / receptor imbalances

this "how do you feel?" 'psycho-talk therapy' approach is not making the constant movement disorder or other symptoms go away.

Man, I’m so sorry for the experience u have to endure. This just made me really angry. I don’t understand how these doctors refuse to acknowledge how these drugs r affecting people. I watched a short documentary with Heather Ashton the other day & it seems that they’ve been completely aware of all these side effects for year’s & chose to ignore them. It’s so messed up. Now I don’t trust any of my doctors anymore. Never again will I take a medication without doing proper & extensive research beforehand.

• Like 1

For about first 6 months off i would jerk and flinch arms, legs,hole body one eye wouldn't quit flinching all gone now just starting month 11

I do NOT trust any doctors now [especially my EX GP Doctor] who completely changed demeanor when I brought up the subject of clonazepam tolerance withdrawal when things started going wrong early last year. ALL doctors denied that my current 'neurological movement disorder' condition [which I never had before ever in my life] has anything to do with the meds.

and let me tell you that i am still apt to going to doctors and telling them all my symptoms in hopes that one will a least have some kind of skeletal intelligence that these drugs can cause severe neurological symptoms such as movements disorders and still not one of them will ever even have any kind of conversation about it. it's unbelievable to me the denial and the willingness to keep doling out these very serious drugs like candy. it happened again to me just the other day. i told my pdoc that i am finally off of all benadryl of which i had been on in pretty high amounts for 8 years -- and he says "benadryl has been around for a very long time and is a very safe drug" and other stuff too. i could believe it!

i know i am one of the worst cases on here. i am almost 7 years out now and still have some pretty major neurological debilitations.../ i had that boatiness/undulating - going forward and back for many many years. i also had what seem like Tardive dyskinesia and my head had a movement disorder (still does a little bit) of a feeling like the whole left side of my brain/head was moving to the left and i felt an on-going explosion on that left side which was so scary i don't know how i didn't off myself. i had major major movement disorders from this. i was on klonopin mostly and did many cold turkeys from a lot of benzos.

i remember this one time my brother said to me: "just try to keep your head straight" -- because it was obvious of the movements disorder i had. and of course there is no way to just try to stop any kind of movement disorder. i was so utterly annoyed with that f-ck for even saying that. i still am!

I do NOT trust any doctors now [especially my EX GP Doctor] who completely changed demeanor when I brought up the subject of clonazepam tolerance withdrawal when things started going wrong early last year. ALL doctors denied that my current 'neurological movement disorder' condition [which I never had before ever in my life] has anything to do with the meds.

and let me tell you that i am still apt to going to doctors and telling them all my symptoms in hopes that one will a least have some kind of skeletal intelligence that these drugs can cause severe neurological symptoms such as movements disorders and still not one of them will ever even have any kind of conversation about it. it's unbelievable to me the denial and the willingness to keep doling out these very serious drugs like candy. it happened again to me just the other day. i told my pdoc that i am finally off of all benadryl of which i had been on in pretty high amounts for 8 years -- and he says "benadryl has been around for a very long time and is a very safe drug" and other stuff too. i could believe it!

i know i am one of the worst cases on here. i am almost 7 years out now and still have some pretty major neurological debilitations.../ i had that boatiness/undulating - going forward and back for many many years. i also had what seem like Tardive dyskinesia and my head had a movement disorder (still does a little bit) of a feeling like the whole left side of my brain/head was moving to the left and i felt an on-going explosion on that left side which was so scary i don't know how i didn't off myself. i had major major movement disorders from this. i was on klonopin mostly and did many cold turkeys from a lot of benzos.

i remember this one time my brother said to me: "just try to keep your head straight" -- because it was obvious of the movements disorder i had. and of course there is no way to just try to stop any kind of movement disorder. i was so utterly annoyed with that f-ck for even saying that. i still am!

yes. Doctors, Psychologists, and Psychiatrists in general are NOT much help dealing with Benzo or any psych drug Withdrawal cases. Although I have seen many UTube videos with some anti-drug Doctors speaking out against psych-drugs and adverse effects of usage.

my own GP Doctor [the guy who prescribed me Clonaz for 9-10 years] suggested "maybe they can give you Parkinson's Drugs" when the report came back from a Neurologist about the 'functional movement disorder' diagnoses. then they refer pass me off to a Psychologist for therapy whose entire approach is a variation of one repeated question ="how do you feel?" "how do you feel towards me?" "how do these questions make you feel?" "how do you feel when you are shaking / tremoring?" [annoying, repetitive, and useless as F#cK!]

this is the most detailed explanation I have ever read about what is going on during benzo withdrawal that makes the most sense.

>> http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.960

NO doctor, Neurologist, Psychologist, Psychiarist I have seen has ever offered any info close to this [mainly because they will NOT admit that psych drugs do this stuff to the brain and/or they have NO knowledge of it or do NOT think patients would understand technical information]

was on clonazepam for 9-10 years at first it was working okay then it changed in early January 2018 and started getting weird side effects: increased anxiety, head twitching, chest pains, and panic attacks

saw doctor and expressed that meds are not making me feel calm or good anymore and i want to get off meds

did a taper and stopped taking clonazepam rather fast after developing movement disorder / chronic head shaking / tremors in legs / trouble walking, etc for the last nine months in addition to insomnia and alot of other symptoms [anxiety, balance, blurry vision, confusion, depression, dizzyness, suididal thoughts, tinnitus]

saw neurologist that diagnosed with a "functional neurological movement disorder"

and referred me to a psychologist for 'psycho therapy' claiming the movement disorder is "caused by anxiety and depression" and is talking about how emotions and feelings cause movement disorder completely ignoring the fact that i was on meds for 9-10 years and could be going through withdrawal or nervous system damage possibly low dopamine, gaba, serotonin brain chemical neurotransmitter / receptor imbalances

this "how do you feel" 'psycho-talk therapy' is not making the constant movement disorder or other symptoms go away.

Emotions and feelings do not cause neurological problems, that psychologist is full of horse shit. This is neurological damage from the drugs you were taking. I have neurological complications too from these drugs, muscle contraction, cognitive damage. There are no tests and no professional knows what has happened. These are experimental drugs and what we suffer nobody can understand.

what is even more bizarre is that the psychologist told me that "the neurologist referred me to him because he does'nt think the condition is a neurological condition" after diagnosing me with "functional neurological disorder" it seems they are contradicting themselves and just passing me around and i am getting nowhere; meanwhile i am still suffering with this condition and nobody in the medical community is offering any solutions

The Neurologist doesn't know what to do with you so he sends you to a psychologist to show he has done "something". He doesn't want to bluntly say "i can't help you and have nothing to offer". Unfortunately there are no solutions for this. Your only choice is time and look after your health and pray to god it goes away.

The Neurologist told me he was referring me to psychology that "specializes in movement disorders"; I asked the psychologist if he does specialize and he replied "I have other patients with similiar symptoms" = non answer = I am being played

It is VERY frustrating going to a psychologist for 3 visits who sits there staring at you for an hour asking "how do you feel?" / "how do you feel towards me?" / over and over again he sounds like a robot / and I am sitting there shaking / twitching and he asks "what are you thinking right now?" ...the guy has no clue; I am trying to tell him my mind is blank when shaking / tremoring but i feel

anxiety, confusion, depression, fear, frustration, panic, and uncertainty it causes not knowing if/when this condition is going to get better or go away completely and trying to understand how underlying anxiety / depression 'Emotions and Feelings' might correlate to the manifestation of 'Functional Neurological Movement Disorder physical Condition' and how a 'Psychological Therapy' approach is going to achieve to fix this condition. he can not / will not talk about after effects of medication and is limited to talking about "emotions and feelings" only

That psychologist sounds like a weirdo, don't let them condition you with pseudoscience, these people are disturbed. Psychology is not a science. Emotional problems do not cause neurological problems this is nonsense these people make up. Try to help yourself to the best of your ability. Only you can help yourself.

are you talking about Parker's post?

NO doctor, Neurologist, Psychologist, Psychiarist I have seen has ever offered any info close to this [mainly because they will NOT admit that psych drugs do this stuff to the brain and/or they have NO knowledge of it or do NOT think patients would understand technical information]

i think both but i say yes to that a lot of them will simply not admit to the fact that psyche meds can do this kind of damage to the brain. why would they? they'd be in trouble and they'd be out of a job.

yeah I thought the Neurologist and Psychologist were weird and flakey

my family members do not have much faith in them either especially when they dismiss my concerns and questions about the possibility of effects of withdrawal from taking pysch drugs for years might have had on my current condition and tell me I am "skeptical" and "have to believe and buy into" the medicine and therapy. "keep taking clonazepam"

I have recently started a regimin of taking vitamins and supplements including 5-HTP and Magnesium in an experimental effort to see if it will get dopamine, serotonin, and GABA levels balanced out in my brain and nervous system will improve this movement disorder problem

too early to tell but there are windows where things seem to work better: time will tell...

quote:

That psychologist sounds like a weirdo, don't let them condition you with pseudoscience, these people are disturbed. Psychology is not a science. Emotional problems do not cause neurological problems this is nonsense these people make up. Try to help yourself to the best of your ability. Only you can help yourself.

was on clonazepam for 9-10 years at first it was working okay then it changed in early January 2018 and started getting weird side effects: increased anxiety, head twitching, chest pains, and panic attacks

saw neurologist that diagnosed with a "functional neurological movement disorder"

and referred me to a psychologist for 'psycho therapy' claiming the movement disorder is "caused by anxiety and depression" and is talking about how emotions and feelings cause movement disorder completely ignoring the fact that i was on meds for 9-10 years and could be going through withdrawal or nervous system damage possibly low dopamine, gaba, serotonin brain chemical neurotransmitter / receptor imbalances

this "how do you feel" 'psycho-talk therapy' is not making the constant movement disorder or other symptoms go away.

Emotions and feelings do not cause neurological problems, that psychologist is full of horse shit. This is neurological damage from the drugs you were taking. I have neurological complications too from these drugs, muscle contraction, cognitive damage. There are no tests and no professional knows what has happened. These are experimental drugs and what we suffer nobody can understand.

what is even more bizarre is that the psychologist told me that "the neurologist referred me to him because he does'nt think the condition is a neurological condition" after diagnosing me with "functional neurological disorder" it seems they are contradicting themselves and just passing me around and i am getting nowhere; meanwhile i am still suffering with this condition and nobody in the medical community is offering any solutions

The Neurologist doesn't know what to do with you so he sends you to a psychologist to show he has done "something". He doesn't want to bluntly say "i can't help you and have nothing to offer". Unfortunately there are no solutions for this. Your only choice is time and look after your health and pray to god it goes away.

The Neurologist told me he was referring me to psychology that "specializes in movement disorders"; I asked the psychologist if he does specialize and he replied "I have other patients with similiar symptoms" = non answer = I am being played

It is VERY frustrating going to a psychologist for 3 visits who sits there staring at you for an hour asking "how do you feel?" / "how do you feel towards me?" / over and over again he sounds like a robot / and I am sitting there shaking / twitching and he asks "what are you thinking right now?" ...the guy has no clue; I am trying to tell him my mind is blank when shaking / tremoring but i feel

anxiety, confusion, depression, fear, frustration, panic, and uncertainty it causes not knowing if/when this condition is going to get better or go away completely and trying to understand how underlying anxiety / depression 'Emotions and Feelings' might correlate to the manifestation of 'Functional Neurological Movement Disorder physical Condition' and how a 'Psychological Therapy' approach is going to achieve to fix this condition. he can not / will not talk about after effects of medication and is limited to talking about "emotions and feelings" only

yes referring to Parker's post /

yes unfortunately alot of Doctors protect themselves and each other from liability

caring more about money and drug company profits

quote:

i think both but i say yes to that a lot of them will simply not admit to the fact that psyche meds can do this kind of damage to the brain. why would they? they'd be in trouble and they'd be out of a job.

are you talking about Parker's post?

One of the issues is that it's very, very difficult to show the negative effects of the medications on individuals because the objective tests (e.g. MRI, CAT, vestibular testing, blood work, etc.) doesn't show "damage". The effects are often self-reported, so that's hard to quantify.

With my dizziness, I've had lots of testing and investigation done, but the current tests don't cover the entire vestibular system. So, while a physiotherapist can feel the effects of the dizziness on my foot and leg muscles (very, very tight in odd ways) and s/he can see me stumble around when trying to walk, my vestibular testing and CAT scans didn't show anything abnormal. Suffice to say, though, the effects are very real and very, very painful. The foot fracture that I sustained as a result of my dizziness was very real, and yes, it did show up on an Xray. Absolutely! And it has taken a very long time to heal because of my dizziness and my difficulty in weight-bearing normally.

Thankfully, I saw a neurologist who confirmed that the current testing doesn't cover the entire vestibular system "to the degree we would like at the present time" (his words). It was very validating for me to hear him say that. He had no idea how important it was to me, but I've kept that in mind ever since. Brain science and testing has limitations. We're just not "there" yet. Science doesn't necessarily move as fast as we would like.

After 7 years from benzo, enrich i had every sxs, this is what left, trembling legs, i cant stand still,I have to pace back and forth to keep my legs from shaking , benzo belly, brain freezes, head pressure and ringing ears,.My brain cognitive level has improve.

If nobody knows how these drugs work and they are risky why are they even marketed and prescribed. The answer is money.

clonazXXX You should challenge the psychologist and say "Do you believe these drugs are safe and do not cause harm?" do you believe they are as safe as eating a box of candy?". You should also say "you claim that mental problems cause neurological symptoms, do you have any medical evidence to prove that?". You shall see they have no response.

when I try to bring up the subject of effects of psychiatric medication as a probable cause of my current 'functional neurological movement disorder' [diagnosed by the Neurologist] to the Psychologist he replies: "I have no knowledge of medications and am limited to discussing emotions and feelings only and how they affect your movement disorder"; [uh yeah right! someone who has degrees in psychology and is a psychiatric 'Doctor' has no knowledge of psychiatric medication << insert sarcasm here] then he asks his scripted typical psychology repeated relentless "how do you feel?" variant questions and will not allow me to question him or speak about my concerns. they are all totally ignoring the fact that I was on these drugs and I know if I discontinue psychological therapy the neurologist referred me as "clearly this is a psychological problem caused by complications of anxiety and depression" they will label it on the report as 'patient is non-compliant with therapy' and that will be the end of it.

I know I am getting nowhere with these people and they are F#cKing me around treating me like a mentally insane person because of my "history with anxiety and depression disorder" to cover their own asses. [but I am just 'skeptical']

I can only hope this condition will get better on its own and my brain / nervous system / neurotransmitters / receptors will repair through neuroplasticity and with the help of multi-vitamins, 5-HTP and Magnesium to balance dopamine / GABA, and serotonin [that have alot to do with cognitive movement / motor function] to some kind of normal natural levels so I can move, walk, talk and think like I was before this whole benzo tolerance withdrawal / taper / and clonazepam drug stoppage thing happened.

below here is a transcript of an e-mail I sent to my 'team' of doctors to let them know how i am feeling:

To: Dr. XXX

CC: Dr. XXX

Re: Psychological Therapy / Functional Neurological Movement Disorder Condition

I decided to compose and write down thoughts regarding my 'Functional Neurological Movement Disorder' condition because it is easier to communicate in this way

than the difficulty of when I am in the midst of shaking / tremoring that affects my concentration, speech, vision,

and thinking process in an office / therapy setting. These notes might help going forward with therapy

My current 'Functional Neurological Movement Disorder' diagnosed mental / physical condition has been explained to me as

"complications of Anxiety and Depression disorder" and that it has nothing to do with psychiatric medication usage or withdrawal symptoms;

but I still feel I have to look at all possible causes. I have to try to understand what is happening emotionally, internally, mentally, physically; and the

anxiety, confusion, depression, fear, frustration, panic, and uncertainty it causes not knowing if/when this condition is going to get better or go away completely and how underlying 'Emotions and Feelings' might correlate to the manifestation of 'Functional Neurological Movement Disorder physical Condition' and how a 'Psychological Therapy' approach is going to achieve to fix this condition.

We also have to acknowledge, consider, and understand the fact that I was taking the Benzodiazepine drug Ativan / then Rivitrol / Clonazepam for anxiety the last 9-10 years and before that Paxil [15 years 1995-2009] for Depression and Lamotrigine for 'Mood Disorder' [6-7 years].

I discontinued use of Paxil and Lamotrigine when many adverse effects and personal problems occured after long term use that were not present before starting the drugs.

I went off Clonazepam medication on my own with little or no direction/instruction / timeline on how to do it.

Nobody comes off psychiatric drugs without some kind of adverse effect

Clonazepam was starting to cause problems for me in late 2017-early 2018; but in different ways than anti-depressant SSRI's and mood disorder drugs were.

I have been disabled by this 'Neurological Movement Disorder' condition; unable to function normally, drive, walk, talk, or think properly.

I never had these problems before.

In addition to other symptoms that I never had before including:

anxiety [*increased], blurry vision / double vision, balance problems, breathing problems, *chronic fatique, cognitive problems, depersonalization, derealization, dizzyness, emotional vacancy [loss of emotion], loss of smell / taste, *memory loss, muscle pain [neck, back], motor skill problems, muscle twitching, numbness, *insomnia, shaking / tremor in arms, head, hands, and legs

*some of these symptoms were occuring while still on clonazepam thus the decision by myself to discontinue it.

The past year has been a living hell, countless trips to hospital emergency, various doctors, had blood tests [including Lime Disease],

CAT and MRI brain scans done. All tests came back 'normal' and still no answers or solutions

Adverse long term effects of psychiatric polydrug use are well documented and known in the mental health medical community and should not be dismissed or ignored.

These drugs are dangerous and not intended for long-term use; in my personal experience and in retrospect I feel they should not be used at all.

Although short term they seemed to work to some extent; after long term usage the effects change negatively; as most recently in my case with clonazepam.

These drugs affect the brain on a chemical level, altering and changing brain chemistry, development, dopamine, GABA, serotonin and other neurochemical levels in the brain and nervous system, neurotransmitter / receptor imbalances, and ultimately changes personality.

in addition to the concept of complications of Anxiety and Depression, Emotions and Feelings causing / effecting this 'functional neurological movement disorder'.

it could also be 'Protracted Benzodiapine Withdrawal' symptoms [symptoms caused by going off a psychiatric drug after long term usage]

or depletion / defiencies in neurochemicals, neurotransmitters, and receptor problems such as: Dopamine, GABA, Serotonin

that can sometimes be corrected on their own with Neuroplasticity or with non-drug treatments such as natural nutrients and vitamins such as:

B12, C, Calcium, 5-HTP, Magnesium, Multivitamins; which is the route I am going now

I have no intention of taking psychiatric medication ever again. It has unfortunately ruined my life and made it worse than it was without it.

Psychological Therapy might be good as a coping strategy to manage anxiety / depression and this 'Functional Neurological Movement Disorder' physical condition; I am uncertain as to if it will fix it: only time will tell.

Research / References:

Ashton Manual / Benzo Withdrawal

Professor C Heather Ashton DM, FRCP

Benzodiazepine Awareness

http://w-bad.org/

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Benzo Buddies Support Group

http://www.benzobuddies.org

Benzo Withdrawal 101: Central Nervous System

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89iAcGB-aYo

Dangers Of Psychiatric Drugs

Peter Breggin MD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKsQaj0hzs&t=313s

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dangers+of+psychiatric+drugs

Functional Brain Cognitive Changes

http://w-bad.org/functionalbrainchanges/

Long Term Effects Of Clonazepam Usage

https://deserthopetreatment.com/klonopin-treatment/long-term-effects/

Clonazepam Withdrawal Symptoms Length

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/withdrawal-timelines-treatments/clonazepam

Functional Neurological Disorder

https://www.neurosymptoms.org/#/causes/4533053418

Drug Induced Movement Disorders

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3325428/

Psychogenic Movement Disorders

https://www.bcm.edu/healthcare/care-centers/parkinsons/conditions/psychogenic-movement-disorders

What Doctors Dont Tell You About Benzo Usage and Withdrawal

https://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/what-your-doctors-or-alexander-zaitchik-wont-tell-you-about-benzo-withdrawal/

Natural Ways To Quiet Tremors

https://bottomlineinc.com/health/neuromuscular/natural-ways-to-quiet-tremors

If nobody knows how these drugs work and they are risky why are they even marketed and prescribed. The answer is money.

clonazXXX You should challenge the psychologist and say "Do you believe these drugs are safe and do not cause harm?" do you believe they are as safe as eating a box of candy?". You should also say "you claim that mental problems cause neurological symptoms, do you have any medical evidence to prove that?". You shall see they have no response.

I smoked a little canabis last night, literally 1-2 small puffs. 5% thc, 10% cbd, so super mild. It helped quite a bit with the spasms and pain. Didn’t last through the night, it was back and I was up with it at 3am. No worse, just baseline.

clonazXXX You have to insist that it is the drugs that caused these problems because that's what it is, don't be like "well i'm not sure if it's the drugs or not" because these psychologists/psychiatrists will say "well if you don't know we do" then they will start diagnosing you with fictitious diseases and twist your mind and make you believe their nonsense.

Personally if i was in your shoes i wouldn't step into these people's offices because there is nothing they can do except more drugs and more brainwashing. There is nothing that can be done about the damage due to these drugs, no doctor or specialist can do anything. The only choice is time and look after your health, eat well, sleep well take vitamins/minerals to boost your body and have hope.

I also have neurological complications muscle spasticity on my scalp, neck and back but i manage day to day and wait my time hoping it goes away or reduces to a level i can function.

these Neurologist and Psychologist guys I am seeing are cucks. they are totally dismissive and ignorant of patient concerns and questions

I get nowhere with them even when presenting them with case evidence from the greater medical community well documented about benzo dangers / withdrawal symptoms and adverse effects of psych drugs connected with movement disorders

I probably won't see the Neurologist for another 6 months [if he bothers to book another appointment at all by mail or phone] last time I saw him he did'nt even give me a follow up appointment date [thats how he rolls] and I dont even care if I see him or not...he is useless

the only reason I am still seeing the psychologist at this point is to have medical doctor notes to keep my disability cheque coming in otherwise I would be even more F#cKed and I really dont know if I can take another session without losing my SH!T from sitting with him and his robotic psychological scripted questions about the connection of Anxiety / Depression /"Emotions and Feelings" to 'functional neurological movement disorder'

yeah...going to have to wait and see what happens with the 5-HTP, Magnesium, Valerian and Multivitamins meanwhile my life is on hold and my truck is rotting because I cant drive anymore like this.

I can only hope this condition will get better on its own and my brain / nervous system / neurotransmitters / receptors will repair through neuroplasticity and with the help of multi-vitamins, 5-HTP and Magnesium to balance dopamine / GABA, and serotonin [that have alot to do with cognitive movement / motor function] to some kind of normal natural levels so I can move, walk, talk and think like I was before this whole benzo tolerance withdrawal / taper / and clonazepam drug stoppage thing happened.

clonazXXX You have to insist that it is the drugs that caused these problems because that's what it is, don't be like "well i'm not sure if it's the drugs or not" because these psychologists/psychiatrists will say "well if you don't know we do" then they will start diagnosing you with fictitious diseases and twist your mind and make you believe their nonsense.

Personally if i was in your shoes i wouldn't step into these people's offices because there is nothing they can do except more drugs and more brainwashing. There is nothing that can be done about the damage due to these drugs, no doctor or specialist can do anything. The only choice is time and look after your health, eat well, sleep well take vitamins/minerals to boost your body and have hope.

I also have neurological complications muscle spasticity on my scalp, neck and back but i manage day to day and wait my time hoping it goes away or reduces to a level i can function.

Run, don't walk away from these doctors. You are suffering way too much mental anguish! After one and a half years, I stopped trying to find a doctor who might help me because I finally realized it was all wd. Family pressure to do so finally subsided, and this was part of my problem. They couldn't believe it was wd, but they do now! I was really fortunate to find a psychologist who completely understood what was happening and made me feel like I wasn't crazy.

[71...]

I smoked a little canabis last night, literally 1-2 small puffs. 5% thc, 10% cbd, so super mild. It helped quite a bit with the spasms and pain. Didn’t last through the night, it was back and I was up with it at 3am. No worse, just baseline.

I was a medical cannabis patient until late last year.  Cannabis (THC) began making my anxiety, dp/dr way worse, so I stopped everything besides CBD oil.  Perhaps I'll try again later, but not for now.  When I stopped, my REM sleep was crazy.  THAT finally calmed down.

i wish i could run but right now I cant even walk properly

last year at this time I could walk and run

Run, don't walk away from these doctors. You are suffering way too much mental anguish! After one and a half years, I stopped trying to find a doctor who might help me because I finally realized it was all wd. Family pressure to do so finally subsided, and this was part of my problem. They couldn't believe it was wd, but they do now! I was really fortunate to find a psychologist who completely understood what was happening and made me feel like I wasn't crazy.

agree

One of the issues is that it's very, very difficult to show the negative effects of the medications on individuals because the objective tests (e.g. MRI, CAT, vestibular testing, blood work, etc.) doesn't show "damage". The effects are often self-reported, so that's hard to quantify.

With my dizziness, I've had lots of testing and investigation done, but the current tests don't cover the entire vestibular system. So, while a physiotherapist can feel the effects of the dizziness on my foot and leg muscles (very, very tight in odd ways) and s/he can see me stumble around when trying to walk, my vestibular testing and CAT scans didn't show anything abnormal. Suffice to say, though, the effects are very real and very, very painful. The foot fracture that I sustained as a result of my dizziness was very real, and yes, it did show up on an Xray. Absolutely! And it has taken a very long time to heal because of my dizziness and my difficulty in weight-bearing normally.

Thankfully, I saw a neurologist who confirmed that the current testing doesn't cover the entire vestibular system "to the degree we would like at the present time" (his words). It was very validating for me to hear him say that. He had no idea how important it was to me, but I've kept that in mind ever since. Brain science and testing has limitations. We're just not "there" yet. Science doesn't necessarily move as fast as we would like.