Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

I switched out one dose of brand K with the new Teva for the last 2 days, and so far it makes me feel weaker than usual.  I have CFS so Im used to being weak, but this is even more extreme.  My sleep last night was also worse than it has been lately, waking up about 8 times during the night.  I'm trying to shrug it off, but its really hard to function.  Anyone have the weakness problem, and had it ease up after awhile?

So anyway, that's my update for now.  There's not much choice but to keep slowly switching at this point.  Why do I feel like a ticking time bomb.  Sorry

Jordan, sorry you are feeling worse than usual. I don't have any issues with weakness so cannot comment. I do definitely have an uptick in nausea though ... and I need to start switching more over to teva otherwise I am going to run out of brand. I am hoping I can play around with some strategies over the weekend.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply NJS, hopefully things will even out for both of us soon.  Maybe others aren't having the weakness issue, and I should take that as a good sign, for the crossover at least.

Greetings fellow members of the “The Manufacturer of My Generic Clonazepam Has Changed” group. I promised I would share my experiences with the “new” 0.5mg clonazepam tablets manufactured by Teva.  I have only taken them for a few days but (knock on wood) have not experienced any issues thus far.  The NDC of the tablets I am taking is: “0093-0832-05.”

Hi Libertas,

Are you still taking the .5 without issues? Have you heard of many others' success or non-success stories? I called my pharmacy and they said the .5 they have says it's made in the Czech Republic. Thanks!

Hi Libertas,

Are you still taking the .5 without issues? Have you heard of many others' success or non-success stories? I called my pharmacy and they said the .5 they have says it's made in the Czech Republic. Thanks!

Has anyone tried the new Teva .5 and had good/bad reactions? I gave my pharmacy this today "NDC 0093-0832-05" and they said it was made in the Czech Republic not Israel. I thought the new .5 were okay for some, but I also was under the impression they were made in Israel like the old Teva.

Thanks!

Hello, Lovelove9.  I am still taking the “original formula” 0.5mg Teva tablets without issues.  You can read back through this thread and/or use the Search function to confirm, but my recollection is that members who switched (or are in the process of switching) to the “original formula” 0.5mg Tevas are doing fine.  Libertas

I am now on .5 of the new/old whatever they are Tevas and .25 of brand. I don't think I have been experiencing any issues from the switch; unfortunately I have not felt well in a few weeks but it started before the change over and I think it is completely unrelated.

Greetings, NJstrength!  Your comment about “new/old whatever they are” Tevas gave me a chuckle and an idea - maybe we should start referring to these as the NOW (New/Old/Whatever) Teva tablets?  :laugh: Although I’m sorry to learn you have not been feeling well, I’m glad your switch from brand Klonopin to the NOW Tevas is going well.  Libertas

Well are they new or old? They really are both.

Yes, since Christmas I have been struggling with sleep and then with nausea. It has been brutal. But it started before the switch over. I really think it is hormonal shifts. None of my friends except those well past menopause seem to be doing well.

Yes, since Christmas I have been struggling with sleep and then with nausea. It has been brutal. But it started before the switch over. I really think it is hormonal shifts. None of my friends except those well past menopause seem to be doing well.

Are they really old or new? They really are both?

I’m not sure about either one of those questions. And by the way, I’m past menopause myself.

I now have a pattern of a very good day and then the next day is “not so good.” It’s pretty predictable at this point.

So am I doing good or not?I seriously do not know. Anyone here is welcome to try and answer that question.

I’m not sure about either one of those questions. And by the way, I’m past menopause myself.

I now have a pattern of a very good day and then the next day is “not so good.” It’s pretty predictable at this point.

So am I doing good or not?I seriously do not know. Anyone here is welcome to try and answer that question.

Intend,

I thought the new tevas were the old formulation. I do know they do not seem to feel any different for me than brand.

I am 51 and the hormones ... yikes, I wonder if I am ever going to sleep again. And I am just so weepy, but that comes along with sleep deprivation.

I hope your pattern changes to two good days and then three and so on. I guess it's better to have some good days than one but every other day I am sure is difficult.

Are you stable on a certain brand now or do you have to switch again? I hope you don't have to switch again. I know you have been slammed by all of this. I am fortunate I could get brand when tevas disappeared.

I love that you are having very good days, I wish they were all very good, but that's hard when tapering.  And that they are predictable, those are good things imo.  You know I love ya, Mary 🐱🐾🐾

🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂

Hello, Lovelove9.  I am still taking the “original formula” 0.5mg Teva tablets without issues.  You can read back through this thread and/or use the Search function to confirm, but my recollection is that members who switched (or are in the process of switching) to the “original formula” 0.5mg Tevas are doing fine.  Libertas

Thank you for replying, Libertas! Glad you're well!

I am now on .5 of the new/old whatever they are Tevas and .25 of brand. I don't think I have been experiencing any issues from the switch; unfortunately I have not felt well in a few weeks but it started before the change over and I think it is completely unrelated.

Thank you, NJstrength! Hope you feel better soon!

Intend,

I thought the new tevas were the old formulation. I do know they do not seem to feel any different for me than brand.

I am 51 and the hormones ... yikes, I wonder if I am ever going to sleep again. And I am just so weepy, but that comes along with sleep deprivation.

I hope your pattern changes to two good days and then three and so on. I guess it's better to have some good days than one but every other day I am sure is difficult.

Are you stable on a certain brand now or do you have to switch again? I hope you don't have to switch again. I know you have been slammed by all of this. I am fortunate I could get brand when tevas disappeared.

Thank you NJ. I never tried to get the brand K because I knew from the start of calling them on the phone that they would be way too expensive for me. As far as I’m concerned, after all the switching around between generic clonazepams, (probably after the 4th switch) I already recognized that I was having trouble, and that another switch would disrupt my CNS further. And of course, my Medicare part D plan only uses generics. By then, it would be like switching to another version of clonazepam anyway. Too strong maybe?

Oh how well, I remember menopause. Thinking back, I thought I was having a really rough time, but now I know it was pretty easy overall. A few hot flashes here and there, and I was done.

I would love my pattern to change also, and maybe it will because this is really difficult to deal with. My doc says it’s because my Gaba/glutamate system is not working well together, but to me that doesn’t explain the good day/off day pattern I have right now. And when I say “good day,” I’m not kidding. I glide effortlessly through this house getting things done, and feel totally confident to drive the car and go anywhere I want with or without the hubby.

And then I begin to literally dread the following day because I know I will not feel confident to get things done, and driving the car without my hubby kind of scares me. I always ask him if he’ll come with me, but he’s gotten used to this pattern also, so he knows already that we are going nowhere that day. And he does not drive himself so a double whammy there.

I seem to be stable on those ODTs and hope I can take them as long as I need to get off this “stuff.” By stuff, I really mean poison. As you know, these are the ones made by Teva.

I often think that if I could go back to Actavis clonazepam (also made by Teva) I’d be fine. I was on it for quite awhile, and it sure never caused the problems I’m having now. But I guess they’re not making that anymore either.

I love that you are having very good days, I wish they were all very good, but that's hard when tapering.  And that they are predictable, those are good things imo.  You know I love ya, Mary 🐱🐾🐾

🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂

Thank you too Mary my friend. I look forward to tomorrow when I’m pretty sure that I will be fine. Love you my friend. 🌹 🥀 🌹 and something for good old Dan 🚂 🚞 and little Pepper 🐈 🌶 🐾 🐾

Just to add, I really didn’t think anyone else would know as this a real toughie to figure out; maybe impossible.

And as for comments, I wasn’t expecting those  either. 💧 💦

Update: so I made the switch from brand K to .5 original formula teva...did it in 2 weeks (switched 1 dose per 4 days). Have felt a little wonky but I was NOT stable when I was switching...but biggest point I want to make is that when I switched from sandoz to bank K last spring it was hellish for 3 months and I started that process feeling good. Honestly I feel like I have had nothing but problems on brand and even tho I feel a little wonky, I do feel much less depressed, sedated, and my thinking is much clearer. I feel more like me...so I am thrilled about that! Hoping being back on these after 2 years will get me stable again ( I am still sick from giant crash from giant cut last Sept..so a little frustrated (even after updosing...that I am having such a hard time getting stable again...but have high hopes with the tea.

I'm also noticing somewhat less depression and clouded thinking with the TEVA.  I've switched over 2 doses so far, so another week or so to g.  I feel kind of whacky too, my brain definitely knows something is going on and is not sure it likes it.  My sleep isnt great, but I am getting some, at least enough to function.  Alot more waking up during the night than I'd prefer, hoping that settles down eventually.

ddjohn3: Congratulations and well done on making the switch from brand to the 0.5mg original Tevas.  I know you were understandably concerned about how you would respond and am delighted you feel more like you!

JordanLives: Thank you for the update.  It sounds like you are well on your way to a successful switch!

Hi all. I haven't been here in a long time and am so sorry that many are still struggling as am I. I want so badly to find a way to help all of us and thought maybe there would be more awareness over time, but, that was a fairly tale, apparently, or wishful thinking.

Instead, it seems doctors here in MA are getting worse about benzos.

When I last saw my doctor, she arbitrarily wanted to cut my dosage just like that. Somehow, I was able to get my old script so I escaped the first bullet, she had cut it by 1/3, i.e. just drop one of your 3x/day doses. How very understanding of you. I have written in the past here about all the torture I've gone through at the hands of my dr, but, am unable to find a new one who will continue the script.

My insurance was covering name brand for the past approximately 6 months which was all I could tolerate after Teva discontinued their clonazepam. Initially I had paid out of pocket for it, out of desperation, but, they did come around and cover it after some months.

All of a sudden, they are not covering it (started in October). The cost is horrible, especially since I basically live in one room and have very very low income due to chronic pain, fibro and more.

For 3 months, my dr's office told me to call the insurance company and find out why it wasn't covered after it had been, that it wasn't their place to.

I spoke to the pharmacist and she said it was the doctor's responsibility. I tried calling insurance and they also said the same.

This all went on and on causing unbelievable stress. I mean, how do you justify causing so much anxiety to a patient with horrible anxiety? I'll never understand that.

After going around in circles and trying everything, today I was told by the 'office' that the insurance requires a PA and when she submitted it, it was now denied (then why approved before?) because the doctor did not provide 'proof'.

I told the 'office person' very calmly and politely that I had gone through a horrific time when I was given a diff generic than Teva (I didn't even know it was different so definitely not psychological) - insomnia, panic attacks, etc etc etc. and had called the doctor so she knows the whole story.

These other random generics do not work for me. I, a year ago, asked the dr for the ODT's (which Intend had success with) and she refused saying she was 'uncomfortable' with that. Meanwhile I was in horrible withdrawal.  That led to her prescribing the name brand which after a period of adjustment I adjusted to and have been on.

Now, the 'office' says that the doctor says she has no notes about me having problems with generics and therefore I need to take any random clonazepam or pay out of pocket for the Klonopin ($300). I barely have rent money. I told them I had written them with my awful effects from the generic and she wants to say that the doctor has nothing in her notes. And that the doctor told me to then go to a psych to manage the script (we don't have anyone here who wants to prescribe benzos).

I had to put the Klonopin on my credit card today. I'm avidly seeking solutions just as I did a year ago, but, things have not changed in this area at all. No one wants to write for it.

I came back here to check in and see if there were any new developments and saw that there is now a 'new' Teva. I wonder if my pharmacy can get it and if I can even switch back from the name brand - had an awful time finally stabilizing on the name brand. Has anyone had success with this?

When did the 'new' Teva arrive and is it similar to the old? I just hate the idea of wrecking my CNS yet again to put it mildly.

I hope this makes sense. I've had an especially awful 2 days and  feel very alone with this issue. My best friend understands but she is in Australia. I live alone.

Is it worth trying to switch back to the Teva and does this truly exist and is it like the old formula? My head is spinning.

Thanks if anyone has gotten this far or understands. God Bless everyone. I feel for you all. I apologize for this being disjointed.

PS: Am down to 2 beads of Cymbalta (started with 280 and took 3 years) so should be off that in a month or so. This is the hardest part which of course ups the stress.

Wow! That's great! Thanks so much for your response. Was it an easy transition? I feel like I've been on the brand now for so long - a year. I don't want to get my CNS all worked up as having stressful times as is.

So happy for you and thanks again.  :smitten:

Did you do a mix or a direct switch?

Wow! That's great! Thanks so much for your response. Was it an easy transition? I feel like I've been on the brand now for so long - a year. I don't want to get my CNS all worked up as having stressful times as is.

So happy for you and thanks again.  :smitten:

Did you do a mix or a direct switch?

I have gradually over three weeks switched over, 1/3 of my .75 dose at a time. I was also on brand for a year. The transition I think is fine. I am having a lot of trouble sleeping but it started before the switch over and I think it is completely unrelated.

I switched from brand to the .5 Teva...which isn't "new" per se...its the old formula (they stopped making it for awhile). The higher dose is a new formulation that I have not heard good stuff about. if you go back a few posts you will see my switch. It was so much easier than any other generics I tried (and I tried 3 different ones)….and I am feeling better on the Teva than the brand!